Christian Chat Network

This version of the message boards has closed.
Please click below to go to the new Christian BBS website.

New Message Boards - Click Here

You can still search for the old message here.

Christian Message Boards

| | search | faq | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Christian Message Boards   » Bible Studies   » Bible Topics & Study   » Not Sure if this is the right area however...

Author Topic: Not Sure if this is the right area however...
helpforhomeschoolers
Advanced Member
Member # 15

Icon 1 posted      Profile for helpforhomeschoolers   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Hi Les: This thread is 2 years old; I think that the question is no more the 6 day creation, but is now this question which was appended to this thread:

quote:
For many months (last year and this year) there has been all kinds of shows on the history channel, national geo., and sci-fi channel about ufo's and sightings of space ships all over the world. They show documents and pictures.

It is like they are getting the public ready to believe this. I bet after the rapture happens and we are gone, they will use the excuse that the aliens took us.

What do you think? Why else do they push this alien belief so hard? The anti christ could use this to his advantage couldn't he?

Care to share your thoughts on this? [Smile]
Posts: 4684 | From: Southern Black Hills of South Dakota | Registered: Jun 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Forever His
Advanced Member
Member # 25

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Forever His     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I am very puzzled here...Does science dictate the age if the earth... or does the Bible? For me that is the real issue. Now if the Bible is the final authority then perhaps we need to examine science in light of what God says. Would that not make sense? I am not an authority on much of anything and so I cannot speak as one who is "educated"... However I can read... and I do read my Bible and I am kinda scratching my head... where in the Bible does it say that the creation was anything other than 6 literal days? and please don't say 2Peter 3:8 because Ps.90:4 clearly explains that concept... and if you really want to apply that.... then to be fair you would need to apply it to today as well...

The funny thing is that the Bible is so clear on the six literal days... in fact to make it even more clear the writer even went so far as to say "the evening and the morning were the first day" .... and so it went through all six literal days of creation... how could it possibly get more clear than that? Why would we afraid that those are literal days when the writer went to exteeme lengths to make sure that we did not miss that point? In a book that uses few words why ever would the author say "and the evening and the morning were the 1st day " ... "and the evening and the morning were the second day" ... and the evening and the morning were the 3rd day" etc etc. etc. It is almost as if God was warning us.... "DON'T MISS THIS"... there will be a test... this will be challenged... yes... science and evolution will challenge "MY" creation... but dont miss this... I [God] created each day with a morning and and evening and created the earth in 6 literal days... How could that point be made any more clear than it already is???

The real issue is this... Did God create the earth just as "HE" said that He did... or did it take millions of years... The Bible says that God rested on the 7th "DAY"... how could "we say it was a longer time period and still remain faithfull to the scriptures???

My Bible reads that God spake, and it was [done]; he commanded, and it stood fast.... The LORD of hosts hath sworn, saying, Surely as I have thought, so shall it come to pass; and as I have purposed, [so] shall it stand:

God only has to think something into existence... WOW !!!! We serve a powerful God......

God Bless
Forever His

Posts: 719 | Registered: Jun 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
HisGrace
unregistered

Icon 1 posted            Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Pleasemaranatha:
Dear His Grace,

Thanks for posting. Then I guess I am not the only one that thinks pre-tribulation rapture is true. Hal had his book full of scriptures and I have often looked at them in my bible.

Yes it is important to stand on the scriptures.
IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Pleasemaranatha
Advanced Member
Member # 5150

Icon 16 posted      Profile for Pleasemaranatha     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Dear His Grace,

Thanks for posting. Then I guess I am not the only one that thinks pre-tribulation rapture is true. Hal had his book full of scriptures and I have often looked at them in my bible.

I searched this website on CBBS and saw there are many different opinions. Will will know which is correct, perhaps, sooner than we think.

Have a great day in the Lord. God Bless

--------------------
My soul waiteth for the Lord more than they that watch for the morning. Psalms 130 verse 6

Joyce

Posts: 308 | From: Missouri | Registered: Oct 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
HisGrace
unregistered

quote:
Originally posted by Pleasemaranatha:
It is like they are getting the public ready to believe this. I bet after the rapture happens and we are gone, [rapture] they will use the excuse that the aliens took us.

Never thought of that before. [cool_shades] I'm sure Rev. Sun Myung Moon's Washington Times would love to latch onto that one.
HisGrace
unregistered

quote:
Originally posted by BORN AGAIN:
dear sister Pleasemaranatha, I like you, but you have this part of your theology messed up. Who is going first, sister? Look:

Matthew 13:40-42 (KJV)
40 As therefore the tares are gathered and burned in the fire; so shall it be in the end of this world.

41 The Son of man shall send forth his angels, and they shall gather out of his kingdom all things that offend, and them who do iniquity;

42 And shall cast them into a furnace of fire: there shall be wailing and gnashing of teeth.

43 Then shall the righteous shine forth as the sun in the kingdom of their Father. Who has ears to hear, let him or her hear.

44 Again, the kingdom of heaven is like ...{snip}. [thumbsup2] What do you think?

BORN AGAIN, Like Rev. 20, Matthew 13 is talking about the final day of judgment.

Rev.20:11-15 Then I saw a great white throne and him who was seated on it. Earth and sky fled from his presence, and there was no place for them.

And I saw the dead, great and small, standing before the throne, and books were opened. Another book was opened, which is the book of life. The dead were judged according to what they had done as recorded in the books.

The sea gave up the dead that were in it, and death and Hades gave up the dead that were in them, and each person was judged according to what he had done. Then death and Hades were thrown into the lake of fire. The lake of fire is the second death. 15If anyone's name was not found written in the book of life, he was thrown into the lake of fire.

The evil being judged first. Then - according to Rev. 21:1-4
Then I saw a new heaven and a new earth, for the first heaven and the first earth had passed away, and there was no longer any sea.

I saw the Holy City, the new Jerusalem, coming down out of heaven from God, prepared as a bride beautifully dressed for her husband. And I heard a loud voice from the throne saying, "Now the dwelling of God is with men, and he will live with them. They will be his people, and God himself will be with them and be their God.

He will wipe every tear from their eyes. There will be no more death or mourning or crying or pain, for the old order of things has passed away."

Pleasemaranatha, I believe in a pre-tribulation Rapture.

Pleasemaranatha
Advanced Member
Member # 5150

Icon 16 posted      Profile for Pleasemaranatha     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Dear Born Again,

I like you too. Just because you disagree with me doesn't bother me. Those scriptures are new to me. Thanks for posting them. I always believed in the rapture because of Hal Lindsey's books. Perhaps I could be wrong. I will study the scripture harder. There is alot I still have to learn about everything.

I am ready to go whenever it is time. In fact, I am really looking forward to going soon. Might as well say it cause God knows what I am thinking.

What is the IMO? Do you think we will go through the tribulation for 7 years? I better look up some old posts on everyone's opinion here. I thought I knew how it was going to be, but will spend time tomorrow studing about the end times.
Thanks and LOVE YA TOO ! [happyhappy]
God Bless,

--------------------
My soul waiteth for the Lord more than they that watch for the morning. Psalms 130 verse 6

Joyce

Posts: 308 | From: Missouri | Registered: Oct 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
BORN AGAIN
unregistered

Icon 16 posted            Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
dear sister Pleasemaranatha, you write
quote:
For many months (last year and this year) there have been all kinds of shows on the history channel, national geo., and sci-fi channel about ufo's and sightings of spaceships all over the world. They show documents and pictures.

It is like they are getting the public ready to believe this.

dear sister Pleasemaranatha, those kinds of shows have been around for many decades; the majority of Americans do not believe them and do not watch them.

I do think there is a certain segmentn of USA society which watches these kinds of programs, but Christians are usually NOT watching them, and only a small percentage of USA Americans are interested in those kinds of subjects.

So whether Lucifer-Satan-the Devil can use that to his advantage, he may not need to. The audience percentage may be too small.
quote:
I bet after the rapture happens and we are gone, they will use the excuse that the aliens took us.
What are you betting? And as for the rapture happening and leaving the "bad guys behind", the Bible explains IMO that the "bad guys are not left" but "are taken first":

dear sister Pleasemaranatha, I like you, but you have this part of your theology messed up. Who is going first, sister? Look:

Matthew 13:40-42 (KJV)
40 As therefore the tares are gathered and burned in the fire; so shall it be in the end of this world.

41 The Son of man shall send forth his angels, and they shall gather out of his kingdom all things that offend, and them who do iniquity;

42 And shall cast them into a furnace of fire: there shall be wailing and gnashing of teeth.

43 Then shall the righteous shine forth as the sun in the kingdom of their Father. Who has ears to hear, let him or her hear.

44 Again, the kingdom of heaven is like ...{snip}.
quote:
[thumbsup2] What do you think? Why else do they push this alien belief so hard? The antichrist could use this to his advantage couldn't he?
the percentage is too small, and if you're one of them, come out of them, my sister, need to rescue, away from danger, precious blood, that of Jesus, it will be much bigger than that the "spaceships thing" because their percentage is too small. Love ya.
Pleasemaranatha
Advanced Member
Member # 5150

Icon 17 posted      Profile for Pleasemaranatha     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
For many months (last year and this year) there has been all kinds of shows on the history channel, national geo., and sci-fi channel about ufo's and sightings of space ships all over the world. They show documents and pictures.

It is like they are getting the public ready to believe this. I bet after the rapture happens and we are gone, [rapture] they will use the excuse that the aliens took us.

What do you think? Why else do they push this alien belief so hard? The anti christ could use this to his advantage couldn't he? [Confused]

--------------------

Joyce

Favor Minded
unregistered

Hi Born again -

Thanks for clearing up the misspellings : )

I try to make sure I get them all usually, however I was in a hurry I guess : )

And I am with ya on that one...

We all are WAY TOO preoccupied much of our lives...

BORN AGAIN
unregistered

Hello, ISITjhn423, Favor Minded wrote:
quote:
and too prideful to be able to meaningfully grasp the truse concepts that surround the depth and creadth of God
and you asked what that meant. It meant that he misspelled during typing the word creadth should be breadth and the word truse should be true.

Favor Minded wrote:
quote:
Humans in general (And the reason that we cannot use 92% or our brain) ...
I once had an experience during which my mind was 100% completely freed up. And it turned out to my surprise, that our minds are normally occupied with two things:

(1) with ouir incomplete experiences of the past which still have unresolved emotions on them; and

(2) with out fear of the future.

It turned out, to my surprise, that a certain amount of "disk space" of each of our minds are occupied with those two things, and the "disk space" of our minds that remains is what we have at our disposal during each day.

In an event when the mind becomes 100% freed up, the "disk space" with all the incomplete experiences of the past becomes freed up and available, and all the "disk space" formerly taken up by our fear of the future becomes freed up and available.

So it isn't what we do not use 92% of our brain, but that a good part or our brain is pre-occupied (already occupied) and is not available to us. [Wink]

God bless, [Cross] BORN AGAIN

ISITjhn423
unregistered

quote:
and too prideful to be able to meaningfully grasp the truse concepts that surround the depth and creadth of God

Favor Minded - just curious what does creadth mean? [Wink]
Favor Minded
unregistered

Icon 20 posted            Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Greetings to all!!

Thank you for the discussions and varying points of view. As you can see, I believe in both.

While I believe in creation, the flood, so on and so forth, I also believe that we cannot really conceive of the actual events that created our Earth and heavens as we know them.

I love science and the Lord, and I know someday we will all know the truth. I just struggle with thinking that they all ran around with the Dinos. There would be alot more "Proof" of dino existence if that were true.

Besides - WHy do we have to think the Earth is young to trust in Adam and Eve, Moses, the GArden, etc.?

We do not - Human arrogance seeks to prove that he is the only intelligence and in my opinion it is a fleshly reaction and need.

If we drop the concern over Evolution vs. Creation and say "What Does life Do Naturally?" and realize that only God can put life in motion, we can also more logically realize that it makes sense that for a God as big as ours, what reason would he have to limit his creations to Earth only? Not to mention that he states clearly he will gather from all the heavens as well as the earth when the time comes...

Humans in general (And the reson that we cannot use 92% or our brain) are too selfishly motivated, too arrogant, and too prideful to be able to meaningfully grasp the truse concepts that surround the depth and creadth of God - Hence the reason we do not KNOW and will not know until we are forever with the Lord!

Just my opinion of course...

Favor Minded... [Confused]

SciptureAndPrayers
Advanced Member
Member # 3633

Icon 19 posted      Profile for SciptureAndPrayers     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
One thing to remember when you talk about science and knowlege, it that it's all relative. Today's realities were yesterday's dreams and theories. Yesterday's realities are today's myths and folklore. In a very real sense, science is simply empirical philosophy, directed by desire and necessity. Knowlege is very fleeting. Do you think that the thinkers of the ancient civilizations were any less dogmatic about their conclusions than the physicists, astro-physicists, and biologists of today? On the flip side, many of the so-called thinkers, past and present, were the first to admit that they really didn't know anything.
[pound]

--------------------
In Christ's love. Amen.

Posts: 345 | From: Rochester NY | Registered: Jul 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
ISITjhn423
unregistered

I beleive the earth is very old. Their is proof of actual dinosaurs walking the earth. First you hear about dinosaurs or what not, but untill you have actually seen a fossil of a dinosaur than it makes you see things differently. I seriously beleive that we as humans are intelligent beings and we in ourselves are creatures. I can't buy into the world was created in 6 days. Maybe 6 generations through the eyes of God but not 6x24 hour days.

Also we can see back in Genesis that the heaven and the earth already was before their was light. I beleive that maybe the universe did come out of nothing, and expanded and it just was, and this was all a part of the hand of God in the first place, because even this act of creating something out of nothing is life itself. WHen you think about it life would not have even been possible if their was not even a beggining. It's just weird to think at one point there was nothing, and even to think about the blackness of Space is a physical place and not a spiritual place.

Bandit
Advanced Member
Member # 3643

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Bandit     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Glassnobody said

quote:
To be fair, the many scientists that believe in a young earth make up a very small percentage of scientists in the world community.

I am personally agnostic on the issue though I would definitely have leanings towards an old earth. The empirical evidence supporting it is rather overwhelming though it can often only be appreciated by those who spend years studying in a specific scientific field.

In logical argumentation, this is nothing but an appeal to authority. Even though most scientist probably do believe the earth is billions of years old, most have never really examined the evidence objectively. And as one who is a scientist, and who has examined the evidence on and off for a period of years, I can say that most evidence does not support an old earth theory. So do not be fooled by Glassnobody's empty appeal to authority. Most scientist who refuse to admit that the majority of evidence supports creation, do so because they also refuse to admit that there is a God. (In other words, they are stubborn fools!)
Posts: 113 | From: Melbourne, Florida | Registered: Jul 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
BORN AGAIN
unregistered

Greetings, Favor Minded, the LORD be with you. ("What manner of salutation was that? Oh no, that was for Mary, 'You, highly favored among women...'"}

I think there are only two main possibilities for the age of the earth.

The geological evidence that I've seen thus far shows a surface of the earth mostly laid down by extensive sedimentation which was laid down in multiple layering.

One layer of sedimentation is on top of the previous layer, and these layers vary in vertical thickness, presumably meaning the layers were deposited in periods of years of high or low sedimentation.

From the looks of it, these layers thus seem to have gradually been laid down by a process of layered sedimentation, over millennia and millennia and millennia of time.

The second possibility is the miracle possibility, in which the LORD God of Israel made the earth appear to be this old by creating it old-looking from the start, 6,000 years ago, including all the trimmings of feigned carbon dating, isotope decay, etc., to make this created earth look, "for all the world," like a very old earth, when in fact it is just an earth created to look old..

My Adamic old man wants to believe in the long-term, layered sedimentation process which took place over millennia.

My BORN AGAIN new man wants to believe that the LORD and His Son can have created it to look that old 6,000 years ago.

For this latter possibility, however, I'd have to ask what God's motive could have been, since we don't need any more tom-foolery than we already have....

God bless, [Cross] BORN AGAIN

Favor Minded
unregistered

Icon 17 posted            Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I agree that this issue will never be resolved by man! I will be very excited to find out the truth about it as I have always been fascinated by space.

My beliefs that Science does have foundation (I do not subscribe to evolution, but I never understood why we had to denounce science along with it) And I believe God's Word clearly shows evidence of other worlds - And, they are all going to be gathered together at the end...

True that it is a never ending controversy - where does the Bible stand on the reality of other worlds, or planets, or other 
bodies in space. And, are there other beings, other then Angelic, and humankind, that exist, and that God created. So just what does Gods word have to say about all this? Is there really anything in the Bible at all, that tells us, that life exists beyond this world? 

Personally, I believe that there are other beings on other worlds, as well as other worlds, that God has created. Its all in the Bible. In the WORD OF GOD, and the ORIGINAL HEBREW. Including the interpretation, from the original Hebrew scrolls.

First, lets start with the word firmament. What does this word mean in the Bible?
According to the Original Hebrew Interpretation, the word "Firmament", in Hebrew is, "raqiya" 

Webster 1913 -
The orb of the fixed stars; the most remote of the celestial spheres.

Worldnet Dictionary -
the apparent surface of the imaginary sphere on which celestial bodies appear to be projected
The way that the word "HEAVEN" is being used in this scripture, according the Hebrew, is that Heaven means: "Shama" - meaning, about celestial bodies (this would obviously mean the sun and moon, giving light. Light by the moon to the evening, and sun 
for the morning or day).

Here is another use of the word "HEAVEN", "Shamayin" meaning: speaking about Gods heaven, a specific place. Gods word in Genesis 1:9 about the waters gathering together, under the heavens. The use of the word "HEAVEN" in this scripture, according to the Hebrew interpretation, means that "Heaven", is sky! 
Keep in mind, that Heaven, is also interpretated as "OUTERSPACE, OR BEYOND THE SKY ABOVE THE EARTH".

Here is another area of Gods word, that talks about CREATURES, and they are not referred to as soulless animals.

In Revelation 5:14 "Then the four living CREATURES SAID, "AMEN!

That says, that there are 4 living creature's, who are obviously intelligent, to use words, as AMEN! This tells us, 
that these Creature's, are not animals, but intelligent beings.

Starting with Revelation 5:13 - 
God speaks about CREATURE'S, on earth, under the earth, and under the sea!

Rev 5:13 "And every CREATURE which is IN HEAVEN, and ON the EARTH, and UNDER the EARTH, and such as are IN the SEA, and all that are IN THEM, I HEARD SAYING!

These CREATURES were heard saying, as according to this scripture in the word of God. Meaning, they are intelligent being's! "Blessing and honor and Glory and power Be to HIM (GOD) who sits on the throne, And to the Lamb, forever and ever!" Then the four living CREATURES (Remember, these are four living, also intelligent being's) said, AMEN! And the twenty four elders fell down 
and worshipped HIM (GOD) who live forever. In the original Hebrew interpretation, the meaning of CREATURE, as used in this manner in the above scripture, means: "taam", refers also to man as a creature.

DID GOD MAKE OTHER PLANETS, WORLDS?

In Genesis 2:4 "This is the history of the HEAVENS and the EARTH when they were CREATED, in the day that the Lord God made the earth and 
the HEAVENS!

The above scripture, does not use the word HEAVENS, to describe Gods particular domain, or his Heaven, which Heaven, the word is also used. But in this scripture, according the original Hebrew, HEAVENS HAS THIS MEANING: celestial bodies (which in today's 
terminology, means stars, planets, asteroids, moons, etc.)

So we know, by this one scripture alone, that Gods Word is speaking about outerspace, beyond the FIRMAMENT, (SKY). 

And the word HEAVENS, which is plural, means more than one HEAVEN. But again, the way the word Heaven is being used in this scripture, as according to the original Hebrew, means CELESTIAL BODIES IN PLURAL, meaning MANY!

I am not taking one side or the other, in this GREAT CONTROVERSY, whether there be other worlds or planets, etc, other than earth! And, whether there be other beings, other than angels, which the word of God in Revelations 5:13 through 14, that there are other beings, other than angels.
And there are also CREATURES, UNDER THE EARTH, ON THE EARTH, AND IN THE SEA. And Gods word in this 
scripture, tells us, that these beings, or creature's, are intelligent, and respond, and will respond to glorifying God, in 
intelligent words. The scripture, in Rev 5:14, tells us, that there are also CREATURES in HEAVEN, as well as EARTH, (and under, and 
on top, and in the sea, as I just mentioned). And that according the Hebrew translation of HEAVEN, as used in this particular scripture, 
means CELESTIAL BODIES, or from beyond this world, or in our terminology, outer space.
So, this says, there will be beings praising God, from other Celestial Bodies?

If you have a KJV Bible, and a Strongs Exhaustive Concordance, which has the Original Hebrew translation for the King James, then go to it, and find what I did. Its right there, for anyone to pick up and read! Yes, God does have a lot to say, about other worlds, which the Bible states, in Genesis, HE CREATED (GOD), as well as other beings, including the angels. Oh! I forgot to mention about the word HOST! In the original Hebrew, the word Host, means a mighty army, battle, prepared for war.

However, it is a separate host of beings, other then Gods angels. They may be angels, but the HOSTS, are and were set aside by GOD, as for one purpose, to be GODS ARMY! There is a prepared ARMY of God, that is waiting and ready, to FIGHT FOR GOD!

Thoughts??

Favor Minded

ISITjhn423
unregistered

I beleive the earth is very old (Ancient of Days) I beleive the days in Genesis are more than just single period days and more than 1000+ years - (Generations/Time Periods of Heaven and Earth) However i don't know if i beleive in UFO's - this might sound ignorant but i believe we might be the only life form out there with intelligence and thats why we should value this life, and thank God we can do some of the things that we can do, like walk, talk, hear, smell, see, laugh, smile etc... I'd like to think of it as an accident that we are alive, but we are to complex to be an accident, to many right conditions, it's a miracle that we are alive and that we have a conscious to be able to be aware of life itself. It's a gift from the creator.
whitesands777
Advanced Member
Member # 3424

Icon 1 posted      Profile for whitesands777     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I think the old earth/new earth question will never be solved by man...
Posts: 501 | Registered: May 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Glassnobody
Advanced Member
Member # 2434

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Glassnobody     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by TEXASGRANDMA:
We learned that many scientist do not believe the earth is as old as they once thought.

To be fair, the many scientists that believe in a young earth make up a very small percentage of scientists in the world community.

I am personally agnostic on the issue though I would definitely have leanings towards an old earth. The empirical evidence supporting it is rather overwhelming though it can often only be appreciated by those who spend years studying in a specific scientific field.

Posts: 65 | Registered: Nov 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Quinn
First Post
Member # 3641

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Quinn     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Hello all

I don't know if any of you have seen it but theres a video by a fellow named Kenith Copeland and his guest on that show is a guy named Dr. Carol Baugh. I may have misspelled his name, but I'll get back to you about that. In that video Dr. Baugh explains it all. For the begining untill now. He says that.. well i don't want to ruin it for you cuz it's a really cool show. But if you really want to know what it says I'll tell you if you get back with me.

Have Fun,
Quinn [dance]

Posts: 1 | From: Alaska | Registered: Jul 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
TEXASGRANDMA
Advanced Member
Member # 847

Icon 1 posted      Profile for TEXASGRANDMA     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Just finished a study on Genesis. We learned that many scientist do not believe the earth is as old as they once thought. At this point I believe the earth is young.
I do believe that it is possible that there are other beings besides us. Maybe worlds where they did not sin like humans.
I did see a UFO as a child and this was before I had ever heard of one so it could not have been something that I imagined.

--------------------
Luk 21:28 And when these things begin to come to pass, then look up, and lift up your heads; for your redemption draweth nigh.
http://www.indieheaven.com/artists/mm (son-in-law)http://www.myspace.com/mireles

Posts: 4985 | From: Washington State | Registered: Jan 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Favor Minded
unregistered

Icon 17 posted            Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Hello All!

Not sure if this is the right area to post this however I wanted to ask a few questions (No, not on the Rapture [Wink]

First I was curious about how many believe in the "Young Earth" theories -

Additionally, I was curious how may of you believe we are alone in the universe vs. far from alone and that there are many worlds "Out There" -

I do not believe in the young earth, nor do I believe that we are all alone in the sky...There is much biblical foundation for other worlds.

Thoughts anyone?

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Christian Message Board | Privacy Statement