Christian Chat Network

This version of the message boards has closed.
Please click below to go to the new Christian BBS website.

New Message Boards - Click Here

You can still search for the old message here.

Christian Message Boards

| | search | faq | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Christian Message Boards   » Bible Studies   » The Christian News   » Kent Hovind

Author Topic: Kent Hovind
WKUHilltopper
Advanced Member
Member # 5472

Icon 1 posted      Profile for WKUHilltopper     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I don't know all the details of the Hovind case other than the Feds came after him for tax fraud (failure to pay the government for something they didn't work for anyway--sounds like the mob's protection money, eh?) They sentenced him to something like 80 years. Funny, but he probably would be getting out in a couple of years had he "only" blown off someone's head.

The government really does not care what we do to each other, but mess with "their" money and Marines will be parachuting into your living room...

Posts: 259 | From: KY | Registered: Feb 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Grams
Advanced Member
Member # 5169

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Grams   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
The government has to much power.
It is hard to believe they had done this to him,
for years.
They were always checking every thing out. So how all of a sudden did they find
some thing if not them doing it ?

--------------------
8 For by grace are ye saved through faith; and that not of yourselves: it is the gift of God:
9 Not of works, lest any man should boast.
[ WARNING: EXPOSURE TO THE SON MAY PREVENT BURNING. ]

Posts: 57 | From: Michigan | Registered: Oct 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Eduardo Grequi
Advanced Member
Member # 3984

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Eduardo Grequi   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
We are at the time in history where the world in general hates and despises Christianity especially this government. Dr Kent Hovind was one of my instructors who is a very good Christian educator. I believe he was railroaded because of his stand on evolution and against evolution. Trinity School of Apologetics and Theology (www.trinitytheology.org) is the school whom introduced me to this fine educator and brother.
Posts: 771 | From: Belvidere, IL | Registered: Oct 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
becauseHElives
Advanced Member
Member # 87

Icon 18 posted      Profile for becauseHElives   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I like Kent Hovind's teaching on creation (can‘t say he is guilty or not of what he is accused of), knowing our Government and its stand on anything or anybody that really love Yahweh or His Word I would say Kent Hovind was probably falsely accused and imprisoned.

Pray for Kent Hovind as you don't know when they might single anyone of us out and accuse us of something...

and when the machine (government) come after you there is nothing you can do to stop them!

I have personally known home school families that did nothing wrong and had the State take their children.

Big Brother is very powerful!

--------------------
Strive to enter in at the strait gate:for many, I say unto you will seek to enter in, and shall not be able. ( Luke 13:24 )

Posts: 4578 | From: Southeast Texas | Registered: Jun 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Grams
Advanced Member
Member # 5169

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Grams   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Kent Hovind a Baptist preacher on creation is
in jail !
The police are always watching him and coming in
at odd times checking for who knows .
Well they put him in jail this time some thing
to do with tax's.
And also his wife was given one year.
Every one who knows him said he is not that
kind of person.
My son knows him quite well , I do not!
I have seen his creation program and they are
very good !
I do not know all the facts, my son says it is
not true, and does not know how the law did this
to him ?

--------------------
8 For by grace are ye saved through faith; and that not of yourselves: it is the gift of God:
9 Not of works, lest any man should boast.
[ WARNING: EXPOSURE TO THE SON MAY PREVENT BURNING. ]

Posts: 57 | From: Michigan | Registered: Oct 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Christian Message Board | Privacy Statement