Christian Chat Network

This version of the message boards has closed.
Please click below to go to the new Christian BBS website.

New Message Boards - Click Here

You can still search for the old message here.

Christian Message Boards

| | search | faq | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Christian Message Boards   » Bible Studies   » The Christian News   » Scandel Brewing At ORU

Author Topic: Scandel Brewing At ORU
JLand
Community Member
Member # 6707

Icon 1 posted      Profile for JLand     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Amen
Posts: 8 | Registered: Aug 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
yahsway
Advanced Member
Member # 3738

Icon 1 posted      Profile for yahsway     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
becauseHelives,
I totally agree with you.

With Paula and Randy Whites divorce announcement, the 2nd for both of them,

Also Juanita Bynums, the 2nd for her

And the investigations into their financial matters as well as the other 4 ministers

I tend to believe it just maybe from the hand of Yahweh.

Judgement starts in the house of God according to scriptures.

And I for one believe God is cleaning house.

The body needs to Wake up!

Posts: 1238 | From: Tennessee | Registered: Aug 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
becauseHElives
Advanced Member
Member # 87

Icon 18 posted      Profile for becauseHElives   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
The scandal started a long time ago.

Richard Roberts had no reason for even being in ministry in the Body of Christ to start with.

The shame is that people that claim to be Christians have ceased to let the scriptures dictate what is expectable actions for the child of Yahweh.

The scriptures are very emphatic on the qualifications of a leader in the Body of Christ.

Husband of one wife is not optional for an individual that hold any office or ministry in the Body.

When Richard Roberts divorced his first wife or she divorced him, it doesn’t matter who was at fault…..when he remarried he was disqualified from office or ministry in the Body of Christ.

I pray Richard Robert and all connected to this reproach on the Name of Yeshua and The Body of Christ find a place of true repentance and forgiveness before the day of judgment of all those who profess the Name of Yeshua.

--------------------
Strive to enter in at the strait gate:for many, I say unto you will seek to enter in, and shall not be able. ( Luke 13:24 )

Posts: 4578 | From: Southeast Texas | Registered: Jun 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
JLand
Community Member
Member # 6707

Icon 1 posted      Profile for JLand     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
the shame of this situation is... wether hes innocent or guilty, it is a diservice to our faith and will possibly turn people away from from christ who dont already know him. the challenge for the faithful is that it puts a spotlight on all of us so to speak, wel be one of those corrupt christians. on the positive now may be the time to get out of the boat and into the waves with jesus and be truly set apart from the unfaithful and bring glory to god. honestly it may be a minor victory for satan but as long as we focus on gods glory the victory will be ours, just my two cents
Posts: 8 | Registered: Aug 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
tandsrfun
Member # 6857

Icon 1 posted      Profile for tandsrfun     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Problem: People have no faith in church anymore.
Reasons: Money, Money, Money, Greed and more money and greed.

These people are just human BUT they choose to take a very visible position in the church. They are on TV and are known nationally and even in other parts of the world. They should have went the extra mile and made sure their house was squeaky clean.

I beleive where there is smoke there is fire. I remember when Jim Baker was accused. My mom defended him to the bitter end.

He was guilty, I beleibe these people are as well.

I know this, I no longer attend church. This is why. It has become a joke, a reproach. People do not want to waste their time on superficial churches anymore.

So much damage in the name of money

--------------------
It's not enough that we do our best; sometimes we have to do what's required.

Sir Winston Churchill

Posts: 4 | Registered: Oct 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Betty Lou
Advanced Member
Member # 6713

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Betty Lou     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
my point, is if they are innocent why do they need to say God told them to say they are innocent. I have never killed anyone. I can honestly say I am innocent of killing anyone. I do not need to say: God told me to say I was innocent". It is almost like they are saying: "God told me to say I was innocent" (even though I am guilty).
I am not saying his guilty but if he is innocent, he should have said :I am innocent."

Posts: 35 | From: Washington State | Registered: Aug 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Good NewsforAll
Advanced Member
Member # 6156

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Good NewsforAll     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Caretaker:
I’d like to challenge all churches in this country to use this unfortunate situation as a learning experience.

Nothing has been proven yet. [Confused]

--------------------
The Pharisees tell us what not to do. Jesus tells us what to do.
Romans 10:15 As it is written, "How beautiful are the feet of those who bring good news!"

Posts: 400 | Registered: Oct 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Caretaker
Advanced Member
Member # 36

Icon 15 posted      Profile for Caretaker     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
http://charismamag.com/forums/viewtopic.php?t=1610

The worst thing that could happen is that the ORU scandal could become our Christian version of Enron. While we pray for everyone at ORU (and that should be first on our agenda), I’d like to challenge all churches in this country to use this unfortunate situation as a learning experience. If a ministry is getting sloppy in any area of legal or ethical compliance, its leaders should take this simple test—which is based on the word Enron. The letters in that infamous name form a helpful acrostic:

E is for entitlement. Do leaders in your church or organization feel they deserve to be treated like kings? That style may work OK in a monarchy, but Jesus said that in His kingdom leaders must behave like servants. Those with a spirit of entitlement should be disqualified.

N is for nepotism. When leaders show favoritism to family members, they create arbitrary double standards. Christian organizations must stop building spiritual dynasties.

R is for robbery. If a Christian leader is using donor funds to purchase lavish perks for himself, he is stealing from God. Let’s call it what it is. Though the Bible makes it clear that a Christian worker is worthy of his hire, it also condemns ministers who have their hands in the coffer. When the prophet Malachi asked the probing question, “Will a man rob God?” (Mal. 3:8 NASB) he was not just addressing people who didn’t tithe. He was pointing to greedy priests who stole part of the offerings meant for the poor.

O is for overinflated egos. Too many leaders today are drunk with power. Like Nebuchadnezzar, their pride has caused them to go insane. When an egomaniac drives an organization, you can be sure he will eventually crash—and hurt a lot of people in the process.

N is for negligence. God looks for integrity in the little things. He judges leaders not by the size of the crowd or the volume of their preaching but by the way they conduct themselves when no one is looking. In this hour when our enemies are ready to pounce on our every mistake, we must be faithful in the smallest things. That means we must get our houses in order financially.

As the board of regents looks into the allegations at ORU, let’s pray that God will guide the process so that the school’s credibility will be restored and its mission accomplished.

J. Lee Grady is editor of Charisma.

--------------------
A Servant of Christ,
Drew

1 Tim. 3:
16: And without controversy great is the mystery of godliness: God was manifest in the flesh..

Posts: 3978 | From: Council Grove, KS USA | Registered: Jun 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Good NewsforAll
Advanced Member
Member # 6156

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Good NewsforAll     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Betty Lou:
I think if he is innocent he would just deny it and not use God that way.

I saw Richard Roberts and his wife on Larry King Live the other night and he emphatically denies all allegations. They have a entirely different story.

As Christians, we have to be careful what we repeat, because it may be slander or gossip, which God abhores.

--------------------
The Pharisees tell us what not to do. Jesus tells us what to do.
Romans 10:15 As it is written, "How beautiful are the feet of those who bring good news!"

Posts: 400 | Registered: Oct 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
KnowHim
Admin
Member # 1

Icon 1 posted      Profile for KnowHim   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Those people need to come to know Jesus Christ as their savior and quit ripping people off.

SCAM

Posts: 3276 | From: Charlestown, IN | Registered: Jun 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Kwistina
Advanced Member
Member # 6618

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Kwistina     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
God was going to "call him home" if he didn't raise millions? Makes God sound unreasonable, don'cha think?
No surprise that this mentality is now using God as an excuse to cover up what may or may not be true!

I have no doubt, though, that the spirit grieves over such a shameful use of the name of Christ.
Oy, how sad indeed!

Posts: 38 | From: Kansas City | Registered: Jun 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Betty Lou
Advanced Member
Member # 6713

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Betty Lou     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
thanks Caretaker and BarryKind,

I think if he is innocent he would just deny it and not use God that way. If he is guilty and he is trying to use God as an excuse for lying, shame on him.
betty

Posts: 35 | From: Washington State | Registered: Aug 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
barrykind
Advanced Member
Member # 35

Icon 1 posted      Profile for barrykind     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
[crying]

[1zhelp]

--------------------
The HEART of the issue is truly the issue of the HEART!
John 3:3;Mark 8:34-38;James 1:27

Posts: 3529 | From: Orange, Texas | Registered: Jun 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Caretaker
Advanced Member
Member # 36

Icon 15 posted      Profile for Caretaker     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
God bless you Sis;

I can't say.

It is just sad.

--------------------
A Servant of Christ,
Drew

1 Tim. 3:
16: And without controversy great is the mystery of godliness: God was manifest in the flesh..

Posts: 3978 | From: Council Grove, KS USA | Registered: Jun 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Betty Lou
Advanced Member
Member # 6713

his son, Oral Roberts University President Richard Roberts, says God is speaking again, telling him to deny lurid allegations
------------------
Okay this is the part that confuses me. Is he saying God is telling him to deny the allegations because they are false, or to deny true allegations?
betty

Caretaker
Advanced Member
Member # 36

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Caretaker     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
ORU Scandel

TULSA, Okla. (AP) - Twenty years ago, televangelist Oral Roberts said he was reading a spy novel when God appeared to him and told him to raise $8 million for Roberts' university, or else he would be "called home."

Now, his son, Oral Roberts University President Richard Roberts, says God is speaking again, telling him to deny lurid allegations in a lawsuit that threatens to engulf this 44-year-old Bible Belt college in scandal.

Richard Roberts is accused of illegal involvement in a local political campaign and lavish spending at donors' expense, including numerous home remodeling projects, use of the university jet for his daughter's senior trip to the Bahamas, and a red Mercedes convertible and a Lexus SUV for his wife, Lindsay.

She is accused of dropping tens of thousands of dollars on clothes, awarding nonacademic scholarships to friends of her children and sending scores of text messages on university-issued cell phones to people described in the lawsuit as "underage males."

--------------------
A Servant of Christ,
Drew

1 Tim. 3:

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Christian Message Board | Privacy Statement