Christian Chat Network

This version of the message boards has closed.
Please click below to go to the new Christian BBS website.

New Message Boards - Click Here

You can still search for the old message here.

Christian Message Boards

| | search | faq | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Christian Message Boards   » Bible Studies   » The Christian News   » So what's next?

Author Topic: So what's next?
Aaron
unregistered

Icon 1 posted            Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Primoa1970:
Hello Aaron,

For the last 4 years or so, I have always appreciated your answers here on the bbs. I've actually looked forward to your posts at times. I do agree with you to a point on this.....religion & politics are a recipe for disaster.

Heaven is our ultimate reward someday soon (sooner than later I pray). But while we are here on this planet, we are still called to be good stewards of everything God has entrusted to us. I believe this also means.....not being a doormat for the liberal world and flexing our muscles every now and then in defense of what is right as believers.

True, Jesus told us to turn the other cheek. But should we sit back and be a punching bag for everyone who hates us?

I'll admit....I hate politics with a passion now. Why I allow myself to get involved sometimes is beyond me. But besides that......you are my brother in Christ and I love you.....and I look forward to talking with you in heaven someday.

-Primo [hug]

[thumbsup2]

But this isn't about salvation unto eternal life, my brother. It is about salvation from the guile of our enemy.

You know, if one studies the early church and its path through history one will discover that the enemy has always used politics, or more precisely the power of people in numbers, as an alternative to the legitimate power that is in the Kingdom of God.

I think the church thinks that we are somehow unique in our political support of religion (i.e. Religious Right, Moral Majority, etc) but we are not. Roman society, for instance, was a society built around religion. Religion was entrenched in their customs, their lore, and their every day living. A mere tertiary glance at Roman history would reveal a culture built upon the very framework of religious principles...and they were all Christian principles from Constantine on.

Prior to Constantine the church was scourged. Christianity was outlawed. Being a Christian was punishable by death. They would kill Christians and the crowds would shout "kill the atheist!" as they put the ax to their necks. In their minds they were atheists because they did not believe that the Roman emperor was a god.

But here's the thing: the church flourished under the persecution. By the time Constantine arrived Christians were the largest homogeneous group in the whole empire. It is said that some 10% were confessing Christians when Constantine took the throne.

Is it any wonder why he called the church leaders to Nicaea? He called them for p-o-l-i-t-i-c-a-l gain!! And then he offered them power within the state! Power to rule, to set policy, and to make law.

But here's the catch: the church government had to mirror that of the state with one man at the head , a senate, and so on. Why? So that, when Constantine desired to speak to the Christians he would only have to find one man. His decree could then be passed to that man (the pope) and then on to the church "senate" (cardinals). It would then be distributed on through the ranks reaching every Christian in the empire. With this structure Constantine assured his control over the church.

So the rub is this: the church HAD power before Constantine offered the alternative. Believers WERE increasing by the power of the Holy Spirit and the gospel of their king WAS spreading. All this was true! And then they bought the lie of the enemy, exchanged their Heavenly power with man-made power, and fell into the pit.

It's happened before. It's happening right now.

Republican Promises: End gay marriage, end abortion, end corruption. And yet abortion continues, gay marriage grows, and the Republicans are caught in all such heinous scandals the HEATHENS ARE CALLING FOR MORALITY!

WAKE UP MEN OF GOD! The enemy's offer is STILL FULL OF LIES. We ARE the children of God. We are KINGS AND PRIESTS and we bear the seal of our High Priest to destroy the power of the enemy. We ARE the BODY OF OUR KING on earth. Our allegiance is to the Him, for it is by HIM, through HIM, because of HIM, that we have life! And His power is the only power that can cast down the works of the devil.

Leave politics to the men of this earth and the enemy. We have something far greater.

Love you,
Aaron

IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Primoa1970
Advanced Member
Member # 1016

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Primoa1970     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Hello Aaron,

For the last 4 years or so, I have always appreciated your answers here on the bbs. I've actually looked forward to your posts at times. I do agree with you to a point on this.....religion & politics are a recipe for disaster.

Heaven is our ultimate reward someday soon (sooner than later I pray). But while we are here on this planet, we are still called to be good stewards of everything God has entrusted to us. I believe this also means.....not being a doormat for the liberal world and flexing our muscles every now and then in defense of what is right as believers.

True, Jesus told us to turn the other cheek. But should we sit back and be a punching bag for everyone who hates us?

I'll admit....I hate politics with a passion now. Why I allow myself to get involved sometimes is beyond me. But besides that......you are my brother in Christ and I love you.....and I look forward to talking with you in heaven someday.

-Primo [hug]

--------------------
1 John 1
9 If we confess our sins, he is faithful and just and will forgive us our sins and purify us from all unrighteousness.

Posts: 639 | From: Orlando, FL | Registered: Feb 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Aaron
unregistered

quote:
Originally posted by Primoa1970:
Now that we have a democratically controlled house & senate, we are in for much bigger battles than ever before as Christians.

No. God is chastising the church for choosing politics as its "power". When our hope is in men it is not in Christ.

I wonder: will take a Republican anti-Christ before the church in the U.S. realizes how much she's been deceived?

And Primoa: being a reformed Catholic you should know how much corruption is born out of religion+politics. Did not Constantine promise more power to the church if they but govern like the state? The church, deceived by the governing officials, replaced her true power in Christ for the garbage of approval from politics and men.

This is the doctrine of the enemy and it is worshipped as "gospel" in this country.

"Come out of her, my people!"

Aaron

P.S. Well there's a fine "good morning" to you. [cool_shades]

Be at peace, brothers. If you cannot see it now, you will see it soon enough. Our Father will jolt us so hard we will wake up from our slumber.

He (the Beast) was given power to make war against the saints and to conquer them.

The Beast cannot usurp the power of God. So, how then, can he overcome the saints? He will overcome their power: the means by which the saints sought to obtain power apart from God. I believe this is politics. For the Christian, messing in politics is coming to an abrupt halt. Save yourself from the misery and get out now. [Prayer]

quote:
There is only " Good government when the Bible is the Authority.
Quit saying that. It's not Biblical. [Wink]
Christ is our authority, our righteousness, and our life. HE is the righteous ruler...the King of kings. He cannot be manipulated by men and used for men's desires. Scripture has been used by men for all sorts of evil. The book CAN be manipulated...Christ cannot.

"You diligently study the Scriptures because you think that by them you possess eternal life. These are the Scriptures that testify about me, yet you refuse to come to me to have life."

artm
Advanced Member
Member # 6243

Icon 1 posted      Profile for artm     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Hi.

Proverbs 29:2 declares, " When the righteous are in authority,The people rejoice, But when the wicked beareth rule,The people mourn."

The old testament is the Word of God too. There is only " Good government when the Bible is the Authority.( Which it is not in America)

We are told in the New Testament to pray for those in Authority over us.

This nation is under attack,and at the very heart of this attack is satan.

The Church through Christ is the answer. But the Church has become so diluted by the world that we have become void of any power.

The answer is repentence,Then God will heal our land.

Art

Posts: 50 | From: New York | Registered: Dec 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
becauseHElives
Advanced Member
Member # 87

Icon 15 posted      Profile for becauseHElives   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
amen wparr, the heart of every issue is the issue of the heart!

amen frater_nothing , I've been saying the same thing to friends, family and everyone for years....

quote:
America, you are ruled by wolves in sheep's clothing. They manipulate you through 'buzz wording' (i.e., family values, faith-based xyz, etc..etc...). They are expert in the pendulum effect. They practice the Hegelian dialectict. You know not who rules you. It does eneter into you mind in any wise. Awake, and understand the Time and Hour.

Do not be deceived. The 'Liberals' are not those whom you should fear. Fear your own so-called Conservatives even more, if you must fear man. For it is they who toss you to and fro. It is they most of all who play on words to deceive the people of Zion to fight wars they were never called to fight.

You can either be an patriotic American, or you can be a Cristian. Albeit, I sternly warn all to take heed to my words: there is a time coming and now is when you will either be a faithful American or a faithful Cristian -- but you will not be both.

if only people had ears to hear....

--------------------
Strive to enter in at the strait gate:for many, I say unto you will seek to enter in, and shall not be able. ( Luke 13:24 )

Posts: 4578 | From: Southeast Texas | Registered: Jun 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
wparr
Advanced Member
Member # 891

Icon 1 posted      Profile for wparr     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Laws ARE NOT the main issue for Christians
CHANGING HEARTS thru Christ is our main concern.

Forcing lost people to behave morally does NOTHING.

Abortions, homosexuality, drug use ect happen because peoples hearts are not right with Yahweh.

NO PLACE in the NT do you see Y'shua or any of the Apostles telling us to affect change in the government.

Instead they tell us to let Y'shua affect changes is us - then go and bring Him to others so HE can affect changes in them.

Change the heart - and the behavior follows.

Change the behavior WITHOUT changing the heart is a WASTE of time and energy.

It (Change the behavior WITHOUT changing the heart) is a result of short sighted earthly thinking rather than Kingdom thinking.

When will more Christians stop trying to fight the SYMPTOMS and realize our battle is for the HEART of a person.

The enemy has too many Christians and ministries sidetracked into fighting the WRONG battles - the moral and laws battle - and has them useless in terms of the Eternal.

WAKE UP American Christians

STOP putting the cart before the horse

Follow Y'shua and His ways into bring life to dead hearts

Posts: 1203 | From: Eagle Nest, NM | Registered: Jan 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
TEXASGRANDMA
Advanced Member
Member # 847

Icon 1 posted      Profile for TEXASGRANDMA     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I do believe we should pray and ask for guidance when voting. Christians should fear those who would make laws that make abortion on demand acceptable.
Abortion is murder. I have been guilty in the past myself of voting for a democrat. Of course God is not a member of a certain party but He is against abortion. The problem is even with an republican president we still have abortion.

betty

--------------------
Luk 21:28 And when these things begin to come to pass, then look up, and lift up your heads; for your redemption draweth nigh.
http://www.indieheaven.com/artists/mm (son-in-law)http://www.myspace.com/mireles

Posts: 4985 | From: Washington State | Registered: Jan 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
frater_nothing
unregistered

Xristians are not called to be Republicans.

Xristians are not called to be Democrats.

Xristians are not called to be Americans.

Xristians are not called to be Liberals.

Xristians are not called to be Conservatives.

Xristians are called to be Disciples and Asperants of the Celestial Kingdom of Xristos.

Beware, disciples: those who lead you are wont to decieve you.

America, you are ruled by wolves in sheep's clothing. They manipulate you through 'buzz wording' (i.e., family values, faith-based xyz, etc..etc...). They are expert in the pendulum effect. They practice the Hegelian dialectict. You know not who rules you. It does eneter into you mind in any wise. Awake, and understand the Time and Hour.

Do not be deceived. The 'Liberals' are not those whom you should fear. Fear your own so-called Conservatives even more, if you must fear man. For it is they who toss you to and fro. It is they most of all who play on words to deceive the people of Zion to fight wars they were never called to fight.

You can either be an patriotic American, or you can be a Xristian. Albeit, I sternly warn all to take heed to my words: there is a time coming and now is when you will either be a faithful American or a faithful Xristian -- but you will not be both.

Primoa1970
Advanced Member
Member # 1016

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Primoa1970     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Now that we have a democratically controlled house & senate, we are in for much bigger battles than ever before as Christians.

The liberal agenda seeks to undermine all people of faith. It's only a matter of time before they start telling us that it's illegal to speak out against atrocities like homosexuality.....and the like.

Let's be in constant prayer. Scripture tells us to pray for our leaders...whether we like them or not. You have no idea how hard it is for me to realize that people like Ted Kennedy and Nancy Pelosi are loved by God too. My flesh gets in the way sometimes when I pray.....it's only natural.

Pray....Pray....Pray

[Cross]

--------------------
1 John 1
9 If we confess our sins, he is faithful and just and will forgive us our sins and purify us from all unrighteousness.

Posts: 639 | From: Orlando, FL | Registered: Feb 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Christian Message Board | Privacy Statement