Christian Chat Network

This version of the message boards has closed.
Please click below to go to the new Christian BBS website.

New Message Boards - Click Here

You can still search for the old message here.

Christian Message Boards

| | search | faq | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Christian Message Boards   » Bible Studies   » The Christian News   » God Help Us!

Author Topic: God Help Us!
TEXASGRANDMA
Advanced Member
Member # 847

Icon 1 posted      Profile for TEXASGRANDMA     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I never said that we should encourage divorce. I do believe that divorce is wrong. I don't think like my grandmother did, that if a couple who has come to our Church who has remarried after a divorce that we should tell them to get a divorce and then marry there first husband, either. My grandmother wanted her other granddaughter to live in sin with two children rather then get married again. Divorce is wrong there is no doubt and yes it is hurting the Church today.
I am saying that as a Church that homosexuality can hurt the Church just like divorce can.
I do believe there is as time when divorce is the only option. When a woman is abused by her husband and he refuses to get help. When a family is threaten by mom or dad's drug use, then divorce may be the only way to save the children. Divorce is not the unpardonable sin.
If a couple comes to our Church after they have both remarried and get saved then their option should not be a second divorce but on making there new marriage a Christian one.
Two wrongs do not make a right. Can God bring a woman and a man out of divorce and bring them a new mate and give them a new chance at a Christian family? Yes. I have seen it happen with people in my own family and in my Church family.

betty

--------------------
Luk 21:28 And when these things begin to come to pass, then look up, and lift up your heads; for your redemption draweth nigh.
http://www.indieheaven.com/artists/mm (son-in-law)http://www.myspace.com/mireles

Posts: 4985 | From: Washington State | Registered: Jan 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
becauseHElives
Advanced Member
Member # 87

Icon 16 posted      Profile for becauseHElives   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
betty,

If I m a thief and I get saved, can I keep the money I stole, can I continue to steal?

If I am a homosexual and I get saved can I continue to practice homosexuality?

If I m a killer for hire and I get saved can I continue to kill people for a living.

If I am a prostitute and I get saved can I continue to sell my body for a living?

How then can I tell a person that is divorced that the condition they are in, which is perpetual adultery is ok/

The disciples understood Yeshua was addressing a very serious matter ……..

Matthew 19:9 And I say unto you, Whosoever shall put away his wife, except it be for fornication, and shall marry another, committeth adultery: and whoso marrieth her which is put away doth commit adultery.

10His disciples say unto him, If the case of the man be so with his wife, it is not good to marry.

Just 50 years ago the Church took a very strong stand against divorce and there were almost no divorces in the Church…

Now preaching against divorce is taboo in the majority of so called Churches and divorce is rampant!

In fact easybelievism will not stand for preaching the straight and narrow, they call what I believe legalism.

Please understand I am not saying a divorced person can’t be saved….

I am not saying a divorced couple can’ be saved……

I am saying only Yahweh can judge the heart, and divorce should be preached against as strong as any other sin ….for all sin is against the very character and nature of Yahweh.

--------------------
Strive to enter in at the strait gate:for many, I say unto you will seek to enter in, and shall not be able. ( Luke 13:24 )

Posts: 4578 | From: Southeast Texas | Registered: Jun 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
wparr
Advanced Member
Member # 891

Icon 1 posted      Profile for wparr     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by TEXASGRANDMA:
It is only a matter of time, when a Sunday school teacher and a Preacher will face jail time for saying homosexuality is a sin.
betty

Yep Scripture tells us

Indeed, all who desire to live godly in Christ Jesus will be persecuted.
2 Timothy 3:12

And Yahweh will work MIGHTILY thru it

All the Apostles but John was martyred for their faith.

Look at Stephen in Acts.

Is it our function to try to have laws to STOP the percecutions - or to be PREPARED for them???

When people start getting jailed for the Gospel - the phonies and hypocrites will stay quiet.

God will use it to seperate the goats from the sheep.

Posts: 1203 | From: Eagle Nest, NM | Registered: Jan 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
TEXASGRANDMA
Advanced Member
Member # 847

Icon 1 posted      Profile for TEXASGRANDMA     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Unfortunately, homosexuality has invaded the Church. We have Churches with homosexual Pastors, Sunday School teachers, and Board members.

The newspapers this week said that for the first time in history more women are single then married. More children are born out of wedlock then ever. The family is at war.

Yes, it is true that there are too many divorces in the Church. I believe the devil attacks Christian homes because of so much damage he can inflict on the Church though families. But we must not let our guard down for the devil is also attacking families outside of Church and yes we in the Church are affected by laws outside the Church. It is only a matter of time, when a Sunday school teacher and a Preacher will face jail time for saying homosexuality is a sin. Already elementary kids are being taught that it is normal to be homosexual, bi-sexual. We need to pray for our Country. Yes, we need to be praying for every Christian family that God will help them stand strong, but we also need to aware of what is going on in the world. We are not isolated by what goes on outside our Church walls.

betty

--------------------
Luk 21:28 And when these things begin to come to pass, then look up, and lift up your heads; for your redemption draweth nigh.
http://www.indieheaven.com/artists/mm (son-in-law)http://www.myspace.com/mireles

Posts: 4985 | From: Washington State | Registered: Jan 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
becauseHElives
Advanced Member
Member # 87

Icon 18 posted      Profile for becauseHElives   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
amen wparr,

when the Church? returns to scripture , Yahweh will heal this land not before!

homosexuality is not the problem, when the ?Church? has a 50^ + divorce rate and the body of Yeshua is not on its face weeping

easy believism is the problem, say a little prayer "Jesus come into my heart" and be saved, is sending indiviuals and a Nation to Hell.

--------------------
Strive to enter in at the strait gate:for many, I say unto you will seek to enter in, and shall not be able. ( Luke 13:24 )

Posts: 4578 | From: Southeast Texas | Registered: Jun 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
wparr
Advanced Member
Member # 891

Icon 1 posted      Profile for wparr     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Ephesians 6:12
For our struggle is not against flesh and blood, but against the rulers, against the powers, against the world forces of this darkness, against the spiritual forces of wickedness in the heavenly places.

She (nor ANY other polotician) can "destroy" Godly marriage.

My marriage is between me, my wife and Yahweh - it is a bond NO polotician can affect.

How people down the street or next door define their relationship IN NO WAY impacts mine.

Look at the divorce rate within "the church" in America - and it's getting HIGHER.

So what's the REAL "threat" to Godly marriage huh?

Godless people who want the Govt to give them a piece of paper (with or without that piece of paper, their living is still the same)

Or people who profess to be Christians, yet break up "Godly" marriages and split up families????????

The "Church" needs to get it's OWN house in order before we try to force lost people into getting it in the order we demand.

Posts: 1203 | From: Eagle Nest, NM | Registered: Jan 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Primoa1970
Advanced Member
Member # 1016

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Primoa1970     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
God help us all......

This is the liberal agenda. She's also the one who wrote that book "It takes a village...."

We are in dire need of the return of Christ soon........

--------------------
1 John 1
9 If we confess our sins, he is faithful and just and will forgive us our sins and purify us from all unrighteousness.

Posts: 639 | From: Orlando, FL | Registered: Feb 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Brian3
Advanced Member
Member # 6417

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Brian3   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
You can be sure Hillary will work toward destroying Godly marriage and families in America. WATCH THIS VIDEO! (Start about 10:20 minute mark) She is disgusted with the Federal Marriage Amendment push. She promises to also push hate crimes punishment to the max against those speaking out against homosexuality. She says "we will put a stop to it once and for all." (about 14 min.mark)

By the way, if these bills that are currently in the House now become reality, be expected to pay a fine if you speak out against homosexuality, etc!

"Righteousness exalts a nation, but sin is a disgrace to any people." Proverbs 14:34

God have mercy on America. PLEASE FORWARD TO ALL

web page

--------------------
I have been crucified with Christ,and I no longer live,but Christ lives in me. Galatians 2:20

Posts: 63 | From: North Carolina | Registered: Feb 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Christian Message Board | Privacy Statement