Christian Chat Network

This version of the message boards has closed.
Please click below to go to the new Christian BBS website.

New Message Boards - Click Here

You can still search for the old message here.

Christian Message Boards

| | search | faq | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Christian Message Boards   » Bible Studies   » The Christian News   » Going too far?

Author Topic: Going too far?
ahar
Advanced Member
Member # 5810

Icon 1 posted      Profile for ahar     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by TEXASGRANDMA:
Java,
I must say it is a pleasure to see you around more often. I should say that although I believe that boss has his heart in the right place, what he is doing can backfire. I believe the best way to shine for Jesus is to live a good honest life before the world. We do not have to preach to people to show them God's love. There are times, that God opens doors where we can be a wittness, but shoving it down someone's throat is not the way. I guess the best thing we can do for that boss, is pray that God will reveal the best way for that man to work for God and to reveal it to that man's heart. As fellow Christians we can pray for him or her.
Instead of quoting scriputres, he should pray for opportunites to share the Gospel one one one and not in a way that it looks like he is pushing God on people. God is a Gentelman and He would not force Himself on anyone. So on further thought I believe this person is making a mistake, though probably a honest one. I apologize for being wrong about this. I guess, it still hurts having a boss who was very cruel and vulgur to me and others.
thanks again.
betty [hug]

Fully agree Betty

--------------------
Cheers

Andy

Posts: 290 | From: UK | Registered: Jun 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
TEXASGRANDMA
Advanced Member
Member # 847

Icon 1 posted      Profile for TEXASGRANDMA     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Java,
I must say it is a pleasure to see you around more often. I should say that although I believe that boss has his heart in the right place, what he is doing can backfire. I believe the best way to shine for Jesus is to live a good honest life before the world. We do not have to preach to people to show them God's love. There are times, that God opens doors where we can be a wittness, but shoving it down someone's throat is not the way. I guess the best thing we can do for that boss, is pray that God will reveal the best way for that man to work for God and to reveal it to that man's heart. As fellow Christians we can pray for him or her.
Instead of quoting scriputres, he should pray for opportunites to share the Gospel one one one and not in a way that it looks like he is pushing God on people. God is a Gentelman and He would not force Himself on anyone. So on further thought I believe this person is making a mistake, though probably a honest one. I apologize for being wrong about this. I guess, it still hurts having a boss who was very cruel and vulgur to me and others.
thanks again.
betty [hug]

--------------------
Luk 21:28 And when these things begin to come to pass, then look up, and lift up your heads; for your redemption draweth nigh.
http://www.indieheaven.com/artists/mm (son-in-law)http://www.myspace.com/mireles

Posts: 4985 | From: Washington State | Registered: Jan 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
JAVA
Advanced Member
Member # 4576

Icon 11 posted      Profile for JAVA   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I understand I just think that the work place is for work and occasional horseplay to keep an attiude of levity making the day pass faster. Puting another person in a position of uncomfortability is not fair in my opinion. Sorry I was not more clear when I posted this.
Love ya grandma... [hug]

--------------------
JAVA, "And we know that all things work together for good to them that love God, to them who are called according to his purpose."

Posts: 147 | From: Columbia South Carolina | Registered: Apr 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
TEXASGRANDMA
Advanced Member
Member # 847

Icon 1 posted      Profile for TEXASGRANDMA     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I have never had a Christian boss. But I would rather have one who quoted scripture then my last boss who though she was a woman could out cuss any sailor.
Maybe this man is a little obssessed with sharing the Gospel, but better to be doing to much, then someone who does nothing for God.
betty

--------------------
Luk 21:28 And when these things begin to come to pass, then look up, and lift up your heads; for your redemption draweth nigh.
http://www.indieheaven.com/artists/mm (son-in-law)http://www.myspace.com/mireles

Posts: 4985 | From: Washington State | Registered: Jan 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
JAVA
Advanced Member
Member # 4576

Icon 1 posted      Profile for JAVA   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Is this going too far? We should all carry the message but to people who are working in your office??? I should have made this a poll...oops.

Bible-quoting boss may have to be tolerated
By Marie G. McIntyre
MCCLATCHY-TRIBUNE NEWS SERVICE
02/18/2007
http://www.stltoday.com/stltoday/business/stories.nsf/workplace/story/B7CDF0DE081953A58625728500021C2E?OpenDocument
My boss is always quoting Scripture. No matter what problem we take to him, his answer is a Bible verse. It is so bad that employees hate to talk to him about anything. One day, I finally told him to please quote policy and procedures to me instead of quoting Scripture.

Since then, our meetings have been somewhat awkward. Even though I'm a very good employee, I get the feeling that now he doesn't want me here. But I need to stay in this job until I finish school. How do you deal with a manager who talks about religion instead of addressing work issues?

Managers who bombard employees with their religious beliefs are abusing the power of their position. People in secular organizations should not feel that their spiritual values affect performance reviews. I wonder how your boss would react if his own manager constantly quoted the Koran or the Torah.

Your recourse in this situation depends on the size of the business. In a larger company, human relations will be concerned about possible charges of religious discrimination, so you should take your situation to that department.

--------------------
JAVA, "And we know that all things work together for good to them that love God, to them who are called according to his purpose."

Posts: 147 | From: Columbia South Carolina | Registered: Apr 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Christian Message Board | Privacy Statement