Christian Chat Network

This version of the message boards has closed.
Please click below to go to the new Christian BBS website.

New Message Boards - Click Here

You can still search for the old message here.

Christian Message Boards

| | search | faq | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Christian Message Boards   » Bible Studies   » The Christian News   » Back to School: Why You Should Be 'Considering Homeschooling'

Author Topic: Back to School: Why You Should Be 'Considering Homeschooling'
EL3LN3TN
unregistered

Icon 1 posted            Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I think the term we're looking for is proficiency, and it CAN definitely be verified & certified.

I'm not sure what the requirements are for homeschooling. [Confused]

IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
ahar
Advanced Member
Member # 5810

Icon 1 posted      Profile for ahar     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by WKUHilltopper:
quote:
Originally posted by ahar:
The main thing I wonder about with HomeSchooling is how parents are able to teach subjects that they have little knowledge about? Do you guys sometimes bring in a tutor for specific subjects (e.g. Physics)?

I'm not sure there are teachers who are prolific in the areas they teach right now. I know some teachers who majored in Physical Education, yet they were assigned to teach math, art or history. I don't know if it's any different in the UK, but here in Kentucky, I guess you don't have to be an "expert" in your academic field.
Maybe it's different in the US, but in the UK for you to teach subjects to pupils from 14 to 18 (and generally from 11 to 14 as well) you should have a degree majoring in that subject. For example, my sister has just qualified as a teacher, and she takes pupils for Biology and Chemistry, as she did a Marine Biology degree (which had a load of chemistry work in it). She only takes classes in other subjects on a temporary basis (is a teacher is off sick for example).

--------------------
Cheers

Andy

Posts: 290 | From: UK | Registered: Jun 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
becauseHElives
Advanced Member
Member # 87

Icon 1 posted      Profile for becauseHElives   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
If a child or any person for that mater, which has a desire to learn has the basic ability to read they can teach themselves anything.

Any good teacher will tell you the secret to education is creating the desire to learn, the rest is up to the individual.

Did you know Thomas Edison was Home schooled?

Excerpt form:

The Edison Trait: Saving the Spirit of Your Free-Thinking
Child in a Conforming World
by Lucy Jo Phd Palladino

His teacher called him "addled." Eventually, his mother had to
Home-school him. As an adult he would recall: "My father thought
I was stupid and I almost decided I must be a dunce."

The core of his learning was his passion for experiments. As his new
Teacher, his mother gave his talent free rein. At the same time she infused
him with the disciplines of study. With time and determination, he
mastered his runaway mind. He grew up to become a prolific inventor,
bringing the magic of electricity and sound recording into the world. He either
invented or improved hundreds of practical conveniences. It is said that Thomas
Alva Edison succeeded where others failed or never tried, because it
was his nature to dare.

FAMOUS HOMESCHOOLERS

ARTISTS:
• Claude Monet | Books About Claude Monet
• John Singleton Copley | Books About John Singleton Copley
• Andrew Wyeth | Books About Andrew Wyeth
• Jamie Wyeth | Books About Jamie Wyeth

COMPOSERS:
• Irving Berlin | Books About Irving Berlin
• Anton Bruckner | Books About Anton Bruckner
• Felix Mendelssohn | Books About Felix Mendelssohn
• Wolfgang Amadeus Mozart | Books About Wolfgang Amadeuz Mozart
• Francis Poulenc | Books About Francis Poulenc

EDUCATORS:
• Frederick Terman (Stanford University President) | Books About Frederick Terman
• William Samuel Johnson (Columbia University President) | Books About William Samuel Johnson
• Frank Vandiver (Texas A&M University President) | Books About Frank Vandiver
• John Witherspoon (Princeton University President) | Books About John Witherspoon

GENERALS:
• Stonewall Jackson | Books About Stonewall Jackson
• Robert E. Lee | Books About Robert E. Lee
• Douglas MacArthur | Books About Douglas MacArthur
• George Patton | Books About George Patton

INVENTORS:
• Alexander Graham Bell | Books About Alexander Graham Bell
• Thomas Edison | Books About Thomas Edison
• Cyrus McCormick | Books About Cyrus McCormick
• Wright Brothers: Orville and Wilbur Wright | Books About Wright Brothers

PRESIDENTS:
• John Quincy Adams
• William Henry Harrison
• Thomas Jefferson
• Abraham Lincoln
• James Madison
• Franklin Delano Roosevelt
• Theodore Roosevelt
• John Tyler
• George Washington
• Woodrow Wilson

PREACHERS & RELIGIOUS LEADERS:
• Moses
• Joan of Arc
• John the Baptist
• William Cary
• Jonathan Edwards
• Phillip Melanchthon
• Dwight L. Moody
• John Newton
• John Owen
• Charles Wesley
• John Wesley
• Brigham Young

SCIENTISTS:
• George Washington Carver
• Pierre Curie
• Albert Einstein
• Blaise Pascal
• Booker T. Washington

STATESMEN:
• Konrad Adenauer
• Winston Churchill
• Benjamin Franklin
• Patrick Henry
• William Penn
• Henry Clay

U.S SUPPREME COURT JUDGES:
• John Jay
• John Marshall
• John Rutledge

WRITERS:
• Hans Christian Andersen
• Pearl S. Buck
• Agatha Christie
• Charles Dickens
• Bret Harte
• C.S. Lewis
• Sean O'Casey
• George Bernard Shaw
• Mark Twain
• Mercy Warren
• Daniel Webster
• Phillis Wheatley

CONSTITUTIONAL CONVENTION DELEGATES:
• Richard Basset (Governor of Delaware)
• William Blount (U.S. Senator)
• George Clymer (U.S. Representative)
• William Few (U.S. Senator)
• Benjamin Franklin (Inventor and Statesman)
• William Houston (Lawyer)
• William S. Johnson (President of Columbia C.)
• William Livingston (Governor of New Jersey)
• James Madison - 4th President of the U.S.
• George Mason
• John Francis Mercer (U.S. Representative)
• Charles Pickney III (Governor of S. Carolina)
• John Rutledge (Chief Justice U.S. Supreme Court)
• Richard D. Spaight (Governor of N. Carolina)
• George Washington - 1st President of the U.S.
• John Witherspoon (President of Princeton U.)
• George Wythe (Justice of Virginia High Court)

OTHERS:
• Abigail Adams (Wife of John Adams)
• Ansel Adams (Photographer)
• Clara Barton (Started the Red Cross)
• John Burroughs (Naturalist)
• Andrew Carnegie (Industrialist)
• Charles Chaplin (Actor)
• George Rogers Clark - Explorer
• Noel Coward (Playwright)
• John Paul Jones (Father of the American Navy)
• Sandra Day O'Connor
• Tamara McKinney (World Cup Skier)
• John Stuart Mill (Economist)
• Charles Louis Montesquieu (Philosopher)
• Florence Nightingale (Nurse)
• Sally Ride (Astronaut)
• Bill Ridell (Newspaperman)
• George Rogers Clark (Explorer)
• Will Rogers (Humorist)
• Jim Ryan (World Runner)
• Albert Schweitzer (Physician)
• Leo Tolstoy
• Martha Washington (Wife of George Washington)

http://www.christianhomeschoolers.com/hs_famous_homeschoolers.html

--------------------
Strive to enter in at the strait gate:for many, I say unto you will seek to enter in, and shall not be able. ( Luke 13:24 )

Posts: 4578 | From: Southeast Texas | Registered: Jun 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
WKUHilltopper
Advanced Member
Member # 5472

Icon 1 posted      Profile for WKUHilltopper     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by ahar:
The main thing I wonder about with HomeSchooling is how parents are able to teach subjects that they have little knowledge about? Do you guys sometimes bring in a tutor for specific subjects (e.g. Physics)?

I'm not sure there are teachers who are prolific in the areas they teach right now. I know some teachers who majored in Physical Education, yet they were assigned to teach math, art or history. I don't know if it's any different in the UK, but here in Kentucky, I guess you don't have to be an "expert" in your academic field.
Posts: 259 | From: KY | Registered: Feb 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
ahar
Advanced Member
Member # 5810

Icon 1 posted      Profile for ahar     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I've never actually met someone who was home schooled and know very little about it hence my question.

I don't think that it's very widely undertaken in the UK, probably due to the way that the examination system works, the legal requirements for education of children and the relative ease with which someone can set up a faith-based school.

--------------------
Cheers

Andy

Posts: 290 | From: UK | Registered: Jun 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
EL3LN3TN
unregistered

...you're sort of continueing my same line of questioning concerning quality/accuracy of source material, and who(?) determines.

I don't have strong feelings either way concerning homeschooling I've heard some pretty compelling pro's as well as a few cons.

ahar
Advanced Member
Member # 5810

The main thing I wonder about with HomeSchooling is how parents are able to teach subjects that they have little knowledge about? Do you guys sometimes bring in a tutor for specific subjects (e.g. Physics)? There must be a greater risk of accidentally teaching kids the wrong thing. I'm lucky in that I was quite academic, but my wife has a bit of an aversion to maths, so if we were both like that it would make teaching maths very difficult.

Also, how do you do science practicals at home? One of the best ways of learning chemistry for example is through planning and executing practical experiments. I understand there are easy things to do at the lower grades, but you can't really start cracking alkanes to alkenes in the kitchen! Is it just that homeschooled children tend not to go on and study practical sciences at college or if they do the they have some catching up to do in terms of practical experimentation (use of the kit etc).

I loved chemistry practicals at school - so many things can be made to go BANG!

--------------------
Cheers

Andy

Itty-Bitty Girl
Advanced Member
Member # 4579

Icon 2 posted      Profile for Itty-Bitty Girl     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by EL3LN3TN:
...but does'nt this raise the possibility that homeschool educational materials themselves could be backdated, or obsolete??

No.
Posts: 1051 | Registered: Apr 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
EL3LN3TN
unregistered

...but does'nt this raise the possibility that homeschool educational materials themselves could be backdated, or obsolete??

In a nutshell, who determines, or regulates the accuracy of these materials??

Itty-Bitty Girl
Advanced Member
Member # 4579

Icon 14 posted      Profile for Itty-Bitty Girl     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by David:
quote:
Originally posted by becauseHElives:
As for “Home school”, I chose Home School to letting the Godless heathen Public School System educate my children.

I believe what Yeshua taught, you reap what you sow.

Amen Linda and becauseHelives!

We also homeschool because you reap what you sow.

You can't even talking about God or pray in public school. Don't want my children spending most of their time where God is not welcome.

[thumbsup2] to homeschoolers!

Ah ha ha ha. Well, I guess that I could agree with that, I remember in 10th grade when this girl in my class was hushed up for singing a gospel song. The teacher said, "You are not allowed to sing those songs because of separation of church and state."

I grew up in the Cleveland Municipal School District. I hated the Cleveland Municipal School District for neglecting the students and shoving the theory of evolution down my throat. The system has failed many people here as far as education goes. Most of my schools had crowded classes and outdated inaccurate books, I remember senior year of High-School when I had been assigned the 1998 edition of an american government textbook, I'm class of '06. How sad is that for a magnet school?

They are renovating schools here in Cleveland, but it seems the only people who get to attend are people who apply there, like they're colleges or something. How riddidulous is that? I'm sure there are people here who needed a quality education but could not get one, and they are way behind.

If I could do it all again, I would be homeschooled, you know. I would like to have been around people that I loved, I would have loved for them to teach me the right way so that I could enjoy learning. In the public schools, I hated to learn. I had no voice and no choice as to where I wanted to go, I would have picked a better place than where I had came from.

Public Schools are not the only way.

Posts: 1051 | Registered: Apr 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
becauseHElives
Advanced Member
Member # 87

Icon 1 posted      Profile for becauseHElives   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Anyone not worshipping the true God (Yahweh), pagans,

this my only understanding of a heathen, and this is what the American school system has become....

As far as economics, Yeshua said ....

Mat 19:23-24
Then said Jesus unto his disciples, Verily I say unto you, That a rich man shall hardly enter into the kingdom of heaven.
And again I say unto you, It is easier for a camel to go through the eye of a needle, than for a rich man to enter into the kingdom of God.

When his disciples heard [it], they were exceedingly amazed, saying, Who then can be saved?

But Jesus beheld [them], and said unto them, With men this is impossible; but with God all things are possible.

quote:
Well we homeschool and I sure am not upscale. Most people that live in the USA would most likely consider us poor.

But I am truely rich because I am very content to know that the Lord Jesus has me where He wants me and that is all I need.

To know Jesus is life! It is not to know about Him but to actually know Him that gives life eternal.

If you know Him you see the world in a different view and then it will not be about status but about the joy set before us.

[thumbsup2] You took the word right out of my mouth

--------------------
Strive to enter in at the strait gate:for many, I say unto you will seek to enter in, and shall not be able. ( Luke 13:24 )

Posts: 4578 | From: Southeast Texas | Registered: Jun 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
helpforhomeschoolers
Advanced Member
Member # 15

Icon 1 posted      Profile for helpforhomeschoolers   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Most people that live in the USA would most likely consider us poor.

But I am truely rich because I am very content to know that the Lord Jesus has me where He wants me and that is all I need.

To know Jesus is life! It is not to know about Him but to actually know Him that gives life eternal.

If you know Him you see the world in a different view and then it will not be about status but about the joy set before us.

Amen David.

Most families who homeschool have had to make financial sacrifices to do so that many would not willingly make today.

We are not currently homeschooling. We homeschooled during middle school. Desi is graduating this year. We did not homeschool through highschool. I am thankful that we homeschooled through middle school. Desi in those 2 short years gained a confidence in her faith and in her self that remains with her to this day. SHe is no affected by peer pressure as others in her school are. I wish that I had homeschooled all of my children from the beginning. If it is at all possible to homeschool I would reccomend it. We are very fortunate because we live in a small rural community and God is not absent our school system.. far from it, but still it would have been better if we had homeschooled all along.

Posts: 4684 | From: Southern Black Hills of South Dakota | Registered: Jun 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
helpforhomeschoolers
Advanced Member
Member # 15

Icon 1 posted      Profile for helpforhomeschoolers   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Hmmm...I'd like more info on this. So it is a nationalist-identity distinction? Just wondering - race would be a factor as well?

Would this be a consideration of Israel as the current "Nation of Abraham" model, since the term's being used in a present-day context??

This is the word translated heathen in the Bible...

Heathen

1. (Heb. plural goyum). At first the word _goyim_ denoted generally all the nations of the world #Ge 18:18 comp. #Ga 3:8

The Jews afterwards became a people distinguished in a marked manner from the other _goyim_.

They were a separate people #Le 20:23 26:14-45 #De 28:1ff. and the other nations, the Amorites, Hittites, etc., were the _goyim_, the heathen, with whom the Jews were forbidden to be associated in any way #Jos 23:7 1Ki 11:2 The practice of idolatry was the characteristic of these nations, and hence the word came to designate idolaters #Ps 106:47 Jer 46:28 La 1:3 Isa 36:18 the wicked #Ps 9:5,15,17

2. The corresponding Greek word in the New Testament, _ethne_, has similar shades of meaning. In #Ac 22:21 #Ga 3:14 it denotes the people of the earth generally; and in #Mt 6:7 an idolater. In modern usage the word denotes all nations that are strangers to revealed religion.

The Gentile Church are heathens that are justified..

Ga 3:8 And the scripture, foreseeing that God would justify the heathen through faith, preached before the gospel unto Abraham, saying, In thee shall all nations be blessed.

We are the children of Abraham and of God through adoption.

Ro 4:16 Therefore it is of faith, that it might be by grace; to the end the promise might be sure to all the seed; not to that only which is of the law, but to that also which is of the faith of Abraham; who is the father of us all,

Ro 8:15 For ye have not received the spirit of bondage again to fear; but ye have received the Spirit of adoption, whereby we cry, Abba, Father.

Race? There is one race.. human.

Israel today are the children of Abraham in the flesh.

What I am saying to you is that this poster did not use the word heathen in the context that you have described, but in the context that it is used in the Bible.

Posts: 4684 | From: Southern Black Hills of South Dakota | Registered: Jun 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
EL3LN3TN
unregistered

btw - I DO want to throw-in a factor that I brought up on another thread, that a large portion of "non-denominational Christian" Schools are affiliated with the American Freemasonry movement.
EL3LN3TN
unregistered

quote:
Originally posted by helpforhomeschoolers:
From a Biblical point of view heathens are the nations's that are not either Hebrew or Christian. All the nations except the nation of Abraham are heathens.

Hmmm...I'd like more info on this. So it is a nationalist-identity distinction? Just wondering - race would be a factor as well?

Would this be a consideration of Israel as the current "Nation of Abraham" model, since the term's being used in a present-day context??

KnowHim
Admin
Member # 1

Icon 1 posted      Profile for KnowHim   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Well we homeschool and I sure am not upscale. Most people that live in the USA would most likely consider us poor.

--------------------
Video Tracts
Christian Media
LiveTracts
Friend Me On Facebook
Evangelism TackleBox

Posts: 3276 | From: Charlestown, IN | Registered: Jun 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
helpforhomeschoolers
Advanced Member
Member # 15

From a Biblical point of view heathens are the nations's that are not either Hebrew or Christian. All the nations except the nation of Abraham are heathens.
EL3LN3TN
unregistered

quote:
Children with a proper work ethic have been trained to work by their parents in the home.(Christian or Heathen)
...the Godless heathen Public School System educate my children.

Well, you're lending support for my second post, tho [Wink] , since the term "heathen" is basically a socio-economic class distinction as those from the heath - "low country" lower-classes; bumpkins etc... (as if "Christian" means more upscale??)
NLP
Advanced Member
Member # 5870

Icon 1 posted      Profile for NLP     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I cannot homeschool [Frown] because my husband and I work full time (seperate shifts now due to having a 8 month old baby)until last year our daughter went to a private Christian school (I Loooved it). She got such a great education and they even had Bible SATs at the end of each year, testing her on her knowledge of God's word and if she knew how to PROPERLY apply God's word. I miss it, however since we found out we were having baby #2 we could no longer afford it, so she's now in public school.

She is very BOLD in the Lord and doesn't care what anyone thinks, she will proudly wear JESUS through the halls of her new school. From that experience alone I can say if I was able to homeschool her; she would be just as socially prepared for adulthood and the working field as she is now. It has sooo much to do with the proper foundation which can ONLY be achieved in the home! A school cannot properly prepare spiritually for the powers and principalities that she will battle once she is on her own (much less the ones in the schools themselves) if it doesn't exist in the home. I most definately see the extreme benefit of homeshooling vs. any other type of education. After all I believe without the Lord knowledge is a waste. "For what shall it profit a man if he shall profit the whole world and lose his own soul" right?
Just my $.02 [Smile]

Posts: 45 | From: New York | Registered: Jun 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
freddy05
Advanced Member
Member # 5854

Icon 1 posted      Profile for freddy05     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Some of the smartest, most well behaved kids I have met have been homeschooled kids.

But then again, some of the most socially akward, clueless, out of touch with reality, kids I have met have also been homeschooled.

So I guess the issue hasn΄t been settled in my mind.

Posts: 102 | Registered: Jun 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
KnowHim
Admin
Member # 1

Icon 1 posted      Profile for KnowHim   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
As for “Home school”, I chose Home School to letting the Godless heathen Public School System educate my children.

Amen Linda and becauseHelives!

We also homeschool because you reap what you sow.

You can't even talking about God or pray in public school. Don't want my children spending most of their time where God is not welcome.

--------------------
Video Tracts
Christian Media
LiveTracts
Friend Me On Facebook
Evangelism TackleBox

Posts: 3276 | From: Charlestown, IN | Registered: Jun 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
becauseHElives
Advanced Member
Member # 87

Amen linda,
[thumbsup2]

EL3LN3TN, work ethic I think is what you’re referring too is surely not being developed by the “Public School System” in the children of today.

Children with a proper work ethic have been trained to work by their parents in the home.(Christian or Heathen)

--------------------

helpforhomeschoolers
Advanced Member
Member # 15

quote:
The entire education process, along with ALL mommy-daddy-sibling relationships, <AND> domestic duties, <AND> familiar home environment, <AND> at-home intimacy, <AND> everyday distractions.....it all gets mashed-together into an undifferentiated body of knowledge that suffers an even worse "culture shock" upon hitting outside society, than the standard away-from-home institutional education model.
I dont think this is accurate. Most homeschool children are actually better adapted and prepared for social interaction in thier communities. In the public school environment a great deal of time is spent re-hashing if you will old material year after year. In the homeschool environment this is not necessary and this leaves more time for other opportunities to a varied learning experience.

When you homeschool everything becomes education... a trip to the store becomes an economics class for example.

So more time is spent on education, but the time is spent more wisely and in a much more broad way with regard to experiences.

It is common for older children who have been homeschooled to be working outside the home and in the community because there is more time to allow this. Additionally, home school children are often involved in community service, public speaking, and interaction with adults in ways that children who are educated in a public school environment do not get experience. Homeschool provides opportunity for internships, and field trips and hands on experiences. For example a child who is interested in animal science might spend time volunteering with the local Vet. Even simple things like ordering next year's curriculum are often given to the homeschooler to do because it gives opportunity to learn price comparison, phone skills, research etc.

Homeschool students often are more mature, more comfortable intereacting in the adult world, and more prepared socially for life on their own than public school students because lets face it the public school classroom environment does not look anything like life in the real world after graduation. In homeschooling, every thing one does in a day becomes schooling.

EL3LN3TN
unregistered

Icon 10 posted            Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
...and I'll add that if the family has a prosperous, well-running successful business, or inheritance, that the kids are guaranteed a part of....why, in that case - stay at home all you want!! [Big Grin]
EL3LN3TN
unregistered

Without going into a big, windy point-by-point on any thing... (altho "Homeschoolers overall do better academically, socially, and most important, spiritually," is arguably based on certain localized data only,...and how is "spiritual" performance measured??)

The biggest fault I've understood w/ the homeschooling situation is that the child does'nt develop a sense of the dichotomy between internal domestic environment & the external social environment, or "ouside society" if you want to call it. I mean - you gotta get up and "go" to work in the morning, right?? [cool_shades]

The entire education process, along with ALL mommy-daddy-sibling relationships, <AND> domestic duties, <AND> familiar home environment, <AND> at-home intimacy, <AND> everyday distractions.....it all gets mashed-together into an undifferentiated body of knowledge that suffers an even worse "culture shock" upon hitting outside society, than the standard away-from-home institutional education model.

But then again it's quite possible that a good mix of internal ("homeschool"/domestic) and external education sources could work wonders. [youpi] No problem at all

KnowHim
Admin
Member # 1

Icon 17 posted      Profile for KnowHim   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
National group urges Christian parents to take a leap of faith this September.

MEDIA ADVISORY, Aug. 23 /Christian Newswire/ -- Considering Homeschooling (www.consideringhomeschooling.com) a national homeschool outreach that recruits Christian parents to homeschool, asks Christian parents to consider the benefits of home education as the back to school frenzy begins.

"Homeschoolers overall do better academically, socially, and most important, spiritually," said Charles B. Lowers, Executive Director of Considering Homeschooling. "This September, why not take that leap of faith and teach your children yourself at home?"

"There is an abundance of wonderful curriculum available and there are many homeschool support groups to assist you," says Lowers, "Most of all, trust the Lord to show you how to bring up your child in Him."

Lowers notes that the majority of Christian parents still send their children to public school, not realizing the catastrophic spiritual and social damage most children suffer there. And, many parents have never seriously explored homeschooling. "If you have children and can create a safe, loving, educational, Christ-centered environment, then bring those kids home," said Lowers.

Amy Paap, a Considering Homeschooling Librarian, comments, "Home education gives parents the opportunity to choose the very best books for their children. Living books make learning fun, bringing school subjects to life. Reading great books with your children builds auditory and verbal skills, strengthens family relationships and often teaches character through delightful and memorable stories!"

Sorojini Zabawsky, Board Member and Field Trip Director for Considering Homeschooling said, "As we raise our next generation, it's a wonderful experience to be able to expose our children to educational, real-life field trips. With homeschooling, even very young children can learn about various professions and God's fascinating world, all while bonding with their parents and building childhood relationships. Our children go on weekly tours of interesting places such as the airport, dentist, farm, courthouse, radio station, just to name a few."

Considering Homeschooling urges individuals, pastors, and homeschool groups to reach out to others about the benefits of private biblical homeschooling. Please visit our website (www.consideringhomeschooling.com) for a free outreach guide which will help you get active in homeschool evangelism.

Our representatives are articulate advocates of stay-home motherhood and homeschooling and have experience with radio and print interviews. Please contact us today.

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Christian Message Board | Privacy Statement