Christian Chat Network

This version of the message boards has closed.
Please click below to go to the new Christian BBS website.

New Message Boards - Click Here

You can still search for the old message here.

Christian Message Boards

| | search | faq | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Christian Message Boards   » Bible Studies   » The Christian News   » Gay Mooing Pup Campaign

Author Topic: Gay Mooing Pup Campaign
freddy05
Advanced Member
Member # 5854

Icon 1 posted      Profile for freddy05     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Oh, and back to the point of the thread... yes, it is a thing of proportionality. Sexual innuendos on the 7PM sitcoms.... starving kids spending their days eating out of the trash... Sexual innuendos on the 7PM sitcoms.... starving kids spending their days eating out of the trash... Sexual innuendos on the 7PM sitcoms.... starving kids spending their days eating out of the trash...
Posts: 102 | Registered: Jun 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
freddy05
Advanced Member
Member # 5854

Icon 1 posted      Profile for freddy05     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Eduardo, I do understand what you mean about how sad it is when you hear stories of bad parents abusing a gift.

Imagine it from their perspective. They spent their whole life in complete and utter poverty, there is enough media that you do know how good people have it in other parts of the world. Youīve been targeted by foreign missionaries occasionally your whole like who talk of a better life for you. Years later still poverty, still suffering, and not enough to eat.

Then a plane lands and 20 clean white smiling people run off and sing and dance around! They show you pictures of their families. (in the background you can see how nice their things are) They give you a bible, and then some used hand me down clothes as well! If its around Christmas time, you may even get a little shoebox with some cute toys! (those make for great photo opportunities!)

I do think its sad for the kids involved, and thatīs what breaks my heart the most. But the truth is, Christians have NOT stood up to the task, and only rich nations or organizations (US, EU, UN, Bill Gates Foundation, whatever) have the ABILITY and INFASTRUCTURE to help. A wholistic approach that adresses immediate needs, education, future opportunities, etc... will do wonders if we expect to have people in those situations really take the message of Jesus to heart.

Posts: 102 | Registered: Jun 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
ahar
Advanced Member
Member # 5810

Icon 1 posted      Profile for ahar     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Eduardo Grequi:
...but you feel that CHRISTIANS HAVE IT ALL WRONG.

I think that as Christians we get are getting the balance wrong at the moment. There is far too little anger and debate within the Christian community at the human suffering across the world (no, this isn't a sideswipe at the middle east) and what we can do about it.

I think that freddy (without putting words in his mouth) was talking about the proportionality. Do we, as Christians, spend more time thinking about issues such as sex on TV than we do about the plight of millions of people around the world?

Eduardo, you said you have been to Mexico to work with the poor - how can you do this and not come back wanting to kick the rich nations into action to reduce poverty in the region? I haven't been to Mexico, but I have been to other countries in the region (Guatemala, Nicuaragua etc) and I am still angry at the exploitation and poverty. I stayed for a few days with a family in Peru that earned around $2 a day, lived in a shack with electricity for 2 hours a day and lived off subsistence farming - that experience still affects my political views today and colours my view of how christians act on certain issues.

--------------------
Cheers

Andy

Posts: 290 | From: UK | Registered: Jun 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Eduardo Grequi
Advanced Member
Member # 3984

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Eduardo Grequi   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Hey Freddy05 do you know the forgotten generations in America and abroad. After all I have beem in roughly 70 countries. I find that the governments of most countries get richer as the poorer gets poorer. GUESS WHAT. IT IS HAPPENING IN AMERICA. YOU KNOW I GO TO MEXICO AND THE INDEGIINOUS PEOPLE AND HELP FEED, CLOTH CHILDREN ETCC. BUT TO FIND THE PARENTS TAKE THE CLOTHES ANS SELL THEM FOR LIQOUR. I also seen Parents in Thialand would sell their child for money. In Korean the Amerasian are homeless. AND IN THIS COUNTRY IT IS THE VERY OLD THAT ARE REJECTED BY THEIR OFF SPRING. HAVE YOU WENT TO ANY ELDERLY AND LISTEN TO THEIR PLIGHT. I SPEAK EIGHT LANGUAGES AND USE THEM ACCORDINGLY. It seems to me, that the Word of God and Faith in Jesus have no value to you. Ir sounds like you have a caring heart but you feel that CHRISTIANS HAVE IT ALL WRONG. PLEASE TELL US WHAT YOU BELIEVE AND WHAT MAKES YOU FACE EACH DAY.
Posts: 771 | From: Belvidere, IL | Registered: Oct 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
freddy05
Advanced Member
Member # 5854

quote:
Originally posted by Eduardo Grequi:
I have yet to find anyone born different. Either one is born a male or female. A person when given an identity can either choose to lead a life of homosexual or not. Main stream of society would have you believe that sexual identity is an innate quality verses a learnt quality from our social enviroment within the home structure. One may favor to be with the same sex but does not mean they need to have a same sex relationship. God has ordained Dr Dobson as a defender of family values in a society who would rather run a muck. Either the bible 100% truthfu or it is not. I rather believe and persuaded that the HOly Christian bible is inerrant and establishes the way of living.

Man either can decide to be or not be. But with all decision, each decision has consequential reactions whether good or bad.

When I read this post, I really appreciate how good things are in America. That we have the time, money, resources, and will to worry about these issues above issues of human suffering. Can you see why there is so much anti-american sentiment in the world? With the widespread availability of TV, and Internet in the poor parts of the world (the MAJORITY, remember, America is only about 5% of the population) people around the world who are much more in touch with the reality of human suffering turn on the TV and do see the "important social issues" we are debating.

A poor eastern european laughed at me when I told him that "Yes, Janet Jacksonīs nipple really was an important social issue to many Americans."

Eduardo Grequi
Advanced Member
Member # 3984

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Eduardo Grequi   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I have yet to find anyone born different. Either one is born a male or female. A person when given an identity can either choose to lead a life of homosexual or not. Main stream of society would have you believe that sexual identity is an innate quality verses a learnt quality from our social enviroment within the home structure. One may favor to be with the same sex but does not mean they need to have a same sex relationship. God has ordained Dr Dobson as a defender of family values in a society who would rather run a muck. Either the bible 100% truthfu or it is not. I rather believe and persuaded that the HOly Christian bible is inerrant and establishes the way of living.

Man either can decide to be or not be. But with all decision, each decision has consequential reactions whether good or bad.

Posts: 771 | From: Belvidere, IL | Registered: Oct 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
freddy05
Advanced Member
Member # 5854

With all the suffering and pain around the world... I would hope that someone with as much power and influence as Dr. Dobson would focus more resources on activities that would help ease suffering and cast Christianity in a positive light, rather than continuing to turn the masses away from the door of the church...
KnowHim
Admin
Member # 1

Icon 1 posted      Profile for KnowHim   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Focus on the Family Counters Gay Mooing Pup Campaign

"Dogs aren`t born mooing, and people aren`t born gay," Focus said in materials distributed to reporters at a news conference. While organizers of the Born Different campaign said they want only to spark discussion, Focus on the Family said Born Different is really an effort to champion legal status for same-sex marriages....

Read on...

--------------------
Video Tracts
Christian Media
LiveTracts
Friend Me On Facebook
Evangelism TackleBox

Posts: 3276 | From: Charlestown, IN | Registered: Jun 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Christian Message Board | Privacy Statement