Christian Chat Network

This version of the message boards has closed.
Please click below to go to the new Christian BBS website.

New Message Boards - Click Here

You can still search for the old message here.

Christian Message Boards

| | search | faq | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Christian Message Boards   » Bible Studies   » The Christian News   » "Bush forced me to have an abortion"

Author Topic: "Bush forced me to have an abortion"
Room DZ-015
Member # 5842

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Room DZ-015     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
For those of you against the pill, you do know that an IUD works the exact same way, right?
Posts: 6 | From: Chicago | Registered: Jun 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Bat Elohim
Advanced Member
Member # 3739

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Bat Elohim   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Kindgo:
All the while, I was thinking that if religion hadn't been allowed to seep into American politics the way it has, I wouldn't even be there. This all could have been stopped way before this baby was conceived if they had just let me have that damn pill.

This is stupid to say the least. Doesn't she know that the baby was conceived the moment the sperm touched the egg?? the pill would not have stopped conception, it would have just murdered the baby even sooner.

So either way, she was having an abortion. The pill is just as bad.

I can't believe there are people out there, especially at that age in life, that blame religion for their actions and their stupidity.

--------------------
Numbers 6:24 May ADONAI bless you and keep you. 25 May ADONAI make his face shine on you and show you his favor. 26 May ADONAI lift up his face toward you and give you peace.

Posts: 704 | From: Louisiana | Registered: Aug 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Eduardo Grequi
Advanced Member
Member # 3984

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Eduardo Grequi   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I am in my late 40's, I thought I was educated enough to say- I accept responsibilites for my actions. Imagine she would abandon a child if it didn't suits her needs.

America has been in decay ever since Roe vs Wade and Madam Ohare. Some Athesist I have respect for, because they are straight forward, but for a married couple to murder a baby is beyong belief. Each child is a precious being-

When she is older and have one of her current child taken by death, then she will understand the irony of it.

Posts: 771 | From: Belvidere, IL | Registered: Oct 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
hardcore
Advanced Member
Member # 4492

Icon 1 posted      Profile for hardcore     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I have often joked that if a liberal stubs his or her toe, they'll figure out a way to blame it on George Bush. Guess I wasn't so far off.

Talk about not accepting responsibility for your actions.

How utterly absurd.

Posts: 627 | Registered: Mar 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
helpforhomeschoolers
Advanced Member
Member # 15

Icon 1 posted      Profile for helpforhomeschoolers   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Does this woman's arrogance not make you just want to puke! What does she think the after pill does anyway? "the whole procedure took 5 minutes" THE PROCEDURE WAS MURDER!

According to this woman, not only should she be able to legally kill her unborn child, but the government should make it expedient, convenient and pleasant for her to do so as well! Mostly the government should make it that she does not have to think about or face what she is really doing in the first place! [1zhelp]

Emergency contraception that would have prevented the pregnancy in the first place! Is that how this pill is marketed? You have to be willingly ignorant of the reproductive process to believe that is really the case! I have to say I have not followed this thing closely in the news, but if the definitions are such that the fertilized egg must be implanted in the uterine wall before it is considered a new life then you just have to be willingly ignorant to buy that! Come on.. you have two living cells that have joined on their own accord are not what they once were and if left alone in 9 months will be a living breathing human being then what does one think that the 2 cells were in the first place.. peas maybe??? monkeys perhaps??

ughhhh, I want to go home! Take me home soon Lord please.

Posts: 4684 | From: Southern Black Hills of South Dakota | Registered: Jun 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
WKUHilltopper
Advanced Member
Member # 5472

Icon 1 posted      Profile for WKUHilltopper     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
LOL! I'm surprised she didn't claim the President sent her a "psychic email" told her not to use a diaphragm. What a loon! By the way, I'm honked at the President anyway. He has sent no one to cut my grass! How could this happened?!?
Posts: 259 | From: KY | Registered: Feb 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
SrvnHim
Advanced Member
Member # 5439

Icon 19 posted      Profile for SrvnHim     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
It amazes me how some people are so quick to blame everyone but themselves! The Bush administration is to blame?!? Give me a break!! [Roll Eyes] [Eek!]
Posts: 66 | From: Texas | Registered: Jan 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Kindgo
Advanced Member
Member # 2

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Kindgo     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
http://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-dyn...201405_pf.html

What Happens When There Is No Plan B?

By Dana L.
Sunday, June 4, 2006; B01

The conservative politics of the Bush administration forced me to have an abortion I didn't want. Well, not literally, but let me explain.

I am a 42-year-old happily married mother of two elementary-schoolers. My husband and I both work, and like many couples, we're starved for time together. One Thursday evening this past March, we managed to snag some rare couple time and, in a sudden rush of passion, I failed to insert my diaphragm.

The next morning, after getting my kids off to school, I called my ob/gyn to get a prescription for Plan B, the emergency contraceptive pill that can prevent a pregnancy -- but only if taken within 72 hours of intercourse. As we're both in our forties, my husband and I had considered our family complete, and we weren't planning to have another child, which is why, as a rule, we use contraception. I wanted to make sure that our momentary lapse didn't result in a pregnancy.

The receptionist, however, informed me that my doctor did not prescribe Plan B. No reason given. Neither did my internist. The midwifery practice I had used could prescribe it, but not over the phone, and there were no more open appointments for the day. The weekend -- and the end of the 72-hour window -- was approaching.

But I needed to meet my kids' school bus and, as I was pretty much out of options -- short of soliciting random Virginia doctors out of the phone book -- I figured I'd take my chances and hope for the best. After all, I'm 42. Isn't it likely my eggs are overripe, anyway? I thought so, especially since my best friend from college has been experiencing agonizing infertility problems at this age.

Weeks later, the two drugstore pregnancy tests I took told a different story. Positive. I couldn't believe it.
(snip)
After making the decision with my husband, I was plunged into an even murkier world -- that of finding an abortion provider. If information on Plan B was hard to come by, and practitioners were evasive on emergency contraception, trying to get information on how to abort a pregnancy in 2006 is an even more Byzantine experience.

On the Internet, most of what I found was political in nature or otherwise unhelpful: pictures of what your baby looks like in the womb from week one, and so on.

Calling doctors, I felt like a pariah when I asked whether they provided termination services. Finally, I decided to check the Planned Parenthood Web site to see whether its clinics performed abortions. They did, but I learned that if I had the abortion in Virginia, the procedure would take two days because of a mandatory 24-hour waiting period, which requires that you go in first for a day of counseling and then wait a day to think things over before returning to have the abortion. Because of work and the children, I couldn't afford two days off, so I opted to have the procedure done on a Saturday in downtown D.C. while my husband took the kids to the Smithsonian.

The hidden world of abortion services soon became even more subterranean. I called Planned Parenthood two days in advance to confirm the appointment. The receptionist politely informed me that the organization never confirms appointments, for "security reasons," and that I would have to just show up.

I arrived shortly before 10 a.m. in a bleak downpour, trusting that someone had recorded my appointment. I shuffled to the front door through a phalanx of umbrellaed protesters, who chanted loudly about Jesus and chided me not to go into that house of abortion.

All the while, I was thinking that if religion hadn't been allowed to seep into American politics the way it has, I wouldn't even be there. This all could have been stopped way before this baby was conceived if they had just let me have that damn pill.

After passing through the metal detector inside the building, I entered the Planned Parenthood waiting room; it was like the waiting room for a budget airline -- crammed full of people, of all races, and getting busier by the moment. I was by far the oldest person there (other than one girl's mom). The wait seemed endless. No one looked happy. We were told that the lone doctor was stuck in Cherry Blossom Parade traffic.

He finally arrived, an hour and a half late.

The procedure itself took about five minutes. I finally walked out of the building at 4:30, 6 1/2 hours after I had arrived.

It was a decision I am sorry I had to make. It was awful, painful, sickening. But I feel that this administration gave me practically no choice but to have an unwanted abortion because the way it has politicized religion made it well-nigh impossible for me to get emergency contraception that would have prevented the pregnancy in the first place.

And to think that, all these years after Roe v. Wade became the law of the land, this is what our children have to look forward to as they approach their reproductive years.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
No one forced her to have sex unprotected with her husband. No one forced them NOT to have a tubal ligation or vasectomy. Because she didn't feel like having a baby she killed hers. I thought abortion was rarely used for birth control. I wonder if she told her kids she killed their baby brother or sister?

--------------------
God bless,
Kindgo

Inside the will of God there is no failure. Outside the will of God there is no success.

Posts: 4320 | From: Sunny Florida | Registered: Jun 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Christian Message Board | Privacy Statement