Christian Chat Network

This version of the message boards has closed.
Please click below to go to the new Christian BBS website.

New Message Boards - Click Here

You can still search for the old message here.

Christian Message Boards

| | search | faq | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Christian Message Boards   » Bible Studies   » The Christian News   » College students, politics, and "religion"

Author Topic: College students, politics, and "religion"
BORN AGAIN
unregistered

Icon 16 posted            Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
hey thanks, brother redkermit, how be ye?, I read most of those articles, muy interesantes.

redkermit, let me ask you on an unrlelated issue, are you the one who warned the CBSS about "hyper-dispensationalism"?

I always had this picture of "carne asada" in front of me of who had said that, but when I say your name in your kind missive the other day, I thought, "yes, redkermit, he was the one who warned about 'hyperdispensationalism'". Is that true or not? thanks. BORN AGAIN

"what the blood and water did to my soul"

IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
redkermit
Advanced Member
Member # 4059

Icon 1 posted      Profile for redkermit     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
source

Interesting article at above link. Here are a few excerpts (bolding is mine):

quote:
-- Religion is important in the lives of college students, but Republicans and Democrats may never agree on the role of religion in politics today. Seven in ten college students today say religion is important or very important in their lives. What's more, a quarter of students (25 percent) say they have become more spiritual since entering college, as opposed to only seven percent (7 percent) who say they have become less spiritual. However, they are sharply divided along party lines as to religion's role in politics: only twenty-one percent (21 percent) of self-identifying Democrats say they want to hear politicians talk about religion, while more than two and a half times as many Republicans (56 percent) say the same. Sixty-two percent (62 percent) of college Republicans say that religion is losing its influence on American life and by a seven to one margin believe that is a "bad thing." Fifty-four percent (54 percent) of college Democrats say that religion is increasing its influence and by a two to one margin believe that is a "bad thing."
quote:
-- College students continue to support a more multilateral U.S. foreign affairs stance and are conflicted over unilateral action to prevent nuclear weapons development, including in Iran. Nearly three out of four college students (72 percent) believe the United States should let other countries and the United Nations take the lead in solving international crises and conflicts, nearly identical to Spring 2005 IOP poll findings (74 percent). Students also struggle over the U.S. role in the development of nuclear weapons. More students say they are unsure (37 percent) over whether the United States should stop the development of nuclear weapons in other countries, even if it requires unilateral military action, than those who either agree (33 percent) or disagree (31 percent). An identical number (37 percent) are equally unsure when asked specifically about the U.S. intervening in Iran's development of nuclear weapons.
quote:
-- Potential 2008 Clinton-McCain presidential matchup is a dead heat on campuses. If the 2008 presidential elections were held today and the Democratic and Republican candidates for President were U.S. Senators Hillary Clinton and John McCain, we would see a dead heat on college campuses. Students give each candidate forty percent (40 percent), while most national polls of the general public give Senator McCain a near ten point advantage.

--------------------
I would rather be a doorkeeper in the house of my God than dwell in the tents of the wicked. (Ps. 84:10b)

1 John 2:6
Whoever claims to live in him must walk as Jesus did.

Listen Online:
www.wmuz.com
www.997flr.org

Posts: 604 | From: Michigan | Registered: Nov 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Christian Message Board | Privacy Statement