Christian Chat Network

This version of the message boards has closed.
Please click below to go to the new Christian BBS website.

New Message Boards - Click Here

You can still search for the old message here.

Christian Message Boards

| | search | faq | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Christian Message Boards   » Bible Studies   » The Christian News   » Christian-symbol plate only hurts good program

Author Topic: Christian-symbol plate only hurts good program
KnowHim
Admin
Member # 1

Icon 1 posted      Profile for KnowHim   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
BA,

Sorry the link was broken. I fixed it if you want to read the article just click on that link again.

God bless,
David

Posts: 3276 | From: Charlestown, IN | Registered: Jun 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
BORN AGAIN
unregistered

Icon 16 posted            Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
hey, brother David, I clicked on your link that looked like a really nice newspaper that I'd be interested in exploring more. thanks for posting it. i did not see a reference to your Topic's article about putting Christian fish symbol on Tennessee license plates.

I think that is a very bad idea because the Constitution says that "the State shall make no one religion the religion of the State."

All religions are free to be in the United States, and therefore it is against the law to put the symbol of only one religion on the license plates of the State of Tennessee.

It would only be legal if the symbols of all the major religions were put on the license plates. And thank God, my Christian religion has a nice ichthus fish symbol to represent it. What do they have? [Big Grin]

"A beautiful smile because You are my Hero, You are everything I would like to be, I could fly higher than an eagle, when You are the wind beneath my wings." (from L.J. Reynolds' Christian CD)

IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
wparr
Advanced Member
Member # 891

Icon 1 posted      Profile for wparr     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
A M E N

to both of you

Posts: 1203 | From: Eagle Nest, NM | Registered: Jan 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
helpforhomeschoolers
Advanced Member
Member # 15

Icon 1 posted      Profile for helpforhomeschoolers   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Frankly, I would much rather see Tenneseeans and all peoples of this nation that are Christian, for that matter promote their Christian beliefs by reading their Bibles and getting out of their churches and into the world living this life victoriously free from bondage to sin and the desires of the flesh and the things of this world and taking care of and ministering to the needs of the church that the church look like it did in the day of the apostolic church than worry about wearing symbols on their lisense plates.

The Kingdom of God is not meat and drink or even cute little things that say I am a Christian, but Peace, Joy and Power in the Holy Ghost... having nothing and yet possessing all things!

Our concern over these things are nothing more than the enemy's attempts to keep us busily out of the battle deceived that we are doing something for the Kingdom of God or battling Christians over whether it is important or not to have such things in the first place.

I guarantee you that there will be Christians who will call Christians un Christian because they could care less whether or not you can have a Jesus fish on your lisense plate. I just cant wait for the ACLU to get involved so that some can throw around that one must support the ACLU if you are of the mind that it is not important to have a Jesus fish on your Lisense plate.

The enemy always works both sides of the fence.

Posts: 4684 | From: Southern Black Hills of South Dakota | Registered: Jun 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
KnowHim
Admin
Member # 1

Icon 17 posted      Profile for KnowHim   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Here we go again. Will there ever be a session of the Tennessee General Assembly where some lawmaker doesn`t try to get the state to endorse a religious belief? This time it is Donna Rowland, R-Murfreesboro, who wants to put the Christian fish symbol on state vehicle license plates. It is a bad idea that only endangers the popular and successful state specialty license plate program. The proposal should be rejected....

Read on...

--------------------
Video Tracts
Christian Media
LiveTracts
Friend Me On Facebook
Evangelism TackleBox

Posts: 3276 | From: Charlestown, IN | Registered: Jun 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Christian Message Board | Privacy Statement