Christian Chat Network

This version of the message boards has closed.
Please click below to go to the new Christian BBS website.

New Message Boards - Click Here

You can still search for the old message here.

Christian Message Boards

| | search | faq | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Christian Message Boards   » Bible Studies   » The Christian News   » Did you know.......

Author Topic: Did you know.......
helpforhomeschoolers
Advanced Member
Member # 15

Icon 1 posted      Profile for helpforhomeschoolers   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
That day indeed may be sooner than any of us would want to think or believe.
Posts: 4684 | From: Southern Black Hills of South Dakota | Registered: Jun 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
BORN AGAIN
unregistered

Icon 16 posted            Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Where it is dangerous to go, fewer will go like Peter and Paul went. It's scary to possibly be killed.

I wonder how many of us would still be Christians if we were jailed and the people of Islam or the Darwinists clamor for us to be executed because we are not Islamics or Darwinists?

If my life depended on it, would I still be a Christian?

"what did He die for, when He died for you and me? He paid the sacrifice so that we could all be free"

I sure hope I can still be a Christian then. "Lord, where else could I go? For only You have the Words of eternal life."

thank You, Jesus. Please help me stay a Christian if that day ever comes in my life where I have to decide. (and that may be sooner than I think)

BORN AGAIN in the USA

IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
helpforhomeschoolers
Advanced Member
Member # 15

Icon 1 posted      Profile for helpforhomeschoolers   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
That is wonderful Walt! I did not know that! GFA and VOM (Voice of the Martrys) are both passions and Hal and I. YP Yochanan's book Revolution in World Missions really changed our lives a few years ago; it changed how we looked at life. I realy caused us to re-evaluate our own lives, which were sorely lacking a sense of what is really important in this life. God used GFA to give us a burden for the lost. We have supported them for a few years now. I just became an volunteer area rep for GFA and am God willing, looking forward to speaking on their behalf at churches and events in the SD/WY/NE area.

I think that no matter whether one feels led to support a native missionary financially, we should all be in prayer for these brothers and sisters. I think of how much I depend on the prayers of my brothers and sisters in this walk... how much more some of our brothers and sisters in other parts of the world! Can you imagine being in prision for your faith and not having the comfort of knowing that somewhere someone was standing with you in prayer??? I cant! These folks need our prayers. They live surrounded by powers and principalities and spiritual wickedness and our prayers effect their environment literally tangibly, physically in the spirit realm.

Posts: 4684 | From: Southern Black Hills of South Dakota | Registered: Jun 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
wparr
Advanced Member
Member # 891

Icon 1 posted      Profile for wparr     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
That's why we support a missionary with Gospel For Asia.

We are probably going to start supporting another one.

Posts: 1203 | From: Eagle Nest, NM | Registered: Jan 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
helpforhomeschoolers
Advanced Member
Member # 15

DID you know .........

...that 97 percent of the world's unreached lives in the 10/40 Window, a rectangular shaped area on our globe extending from West Africa to East Asia, from 10 degrees north to 40 degrees north of the equator?

In this part of the world, 2.7 million live with little or no chance of ever hearing the Gospel. The Window also encompasses the majority of the world's Muslims, Hindus, and Buddhists.

Did you know......

.................Although 97 percent of the world's unreached lives in the 10/40 Window, less than .05 percent of our total resources as the Church in the West are being sent to help share the Good News in this area?

DID you know..........

The darkest of all areas within the 10/40 Window is Asia. Over 80,000 die every day in Asian countries without knowing about the love of Jesus Christ. 500,000 villages in India alone have never heard the Gospel?

Did you know.........

........ over 85 percent of Asian countries do not allow western missionaries to come and freely preach the Gospel and plant churches?

Did you know....

In India alone, there are 500,000 villiages where people have never heard the name of Jesus even once?

Did you know that ....

.....even though India's caste system has been outlawed, 3000 years of history has left the mind set of many still set in stone and 300,000,000 million people live today in slavery considered by their society to be "untouchable" and subhuman denied the ability to learn to read and write, and unworthy of even the most basic of humanitarian dignities?

Did you know........

That for these 300 million Dalits and the 400 million Other Backward Castes of India Jesus is the only hope of their ever knowing what it is to be cared for and loved as valuable human beings?

Did you know.......

150 million Dalit children some as young as 5 and six yers old will today spend 14 or more hours in bondage and forced to perform brutally hard bond labor including unclogging sewers, loading bricks in scorching heat, washing clothes near blood and human waste and working as meagerly paid field handsand and the only hope of their escape is death, which will likely come soon enough as they live in the most deplorable of conditions of filth and squaller, but death for them brings no relief because they do not know Jesus and their destiny after death is HELL?

Did you know........

That this day in over 40 countries around the world, someone will be inprisioned, brutally tortured, persecuted, beaten, raped, or killed for their witness and testimony of Jesus Christ?

Did you know

That somewhere in the world today someone will walk miles in bare feet,perhaps without food or water, through a desert or a jungle or up a mountain side knowing that he may be met at the end of the day's journey by someone who wants to kill him, to share the name of Jesus and the WORD of HIS HOPE, motivated by nothing more than the peace that passeth understanding, and the unspeakable JOY of that the Gospel and the love of Christ has wrought in his own life?

Well.......now you know. Will it change the way you pray today? I hope so.

Romans 12:1 I beseech you therefore, brethren, by the mercies of God, that ye present your bodies a living sacrifice, holy, acceptable unto God, which is your reasonable service.

Romans 12:2 And be not conformed to this world: but be ye transformed by the renewing of your mind, that ye may prove what is that good, and acceptable, and perfect, will of God.

John 12:32 And I, if I be lifted up from the earth, will draw all men unto me.

Father God may all your children have in their hearts a burden for the things that burden your heart.

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Christian Message Board | Privacy Statement