Christian Chat Network

This version of the message boards has closed.
Please click below to go to the new Christian BBS website.

New Message Boards - Click Here

You can still search for the old message here.

Christian Message Boards

| | search | faq | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Christian Message Boards   » Bible Studies   » The Christian News   » HOLIDAY TREE VS. CHRISTMAS TREE? (Page 3)

This topic comprises 3 pages: 1  2  3 

Author Topic: HOLIDAY TREE VS. CHRISTMAS TREE?
hardcore
Advanced Member
Member # 4492

Icon 1 posted      Profile for hardcore     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by wparr:
You REALLY want to keep "Jesus the reason for the season"?

Drop santa -

Drop the Christmas tree -

Drop all the pagan tradition garbage -

So that ALL that’s left is Jesus

I see it as clear hypocrisy to say on one hand “Jesus is the reason for the season” while on the other to have santa and all that other @#$# showing people what you REALLY say it’s about.

Well stated wparr.

Why do "Christians" refuse to acknowledge that Jesus never was the "reason for the season" - another perfect example of the RCC pulling some serious wool over a whole lot of eyes.

Posts: 627 | Registered: Mar 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
helpforhomeschoolers
Advanced Member
Member # 15

Icon 1 posted      Profile for helpforhomeschoolers   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Luke 22:19 And he took bread, and gave thanks, and brake it, and gave unto them, saying, This is my body which is given for you: this do in remembrance of me.

-

Posts: 4684 | From: Southern Black Hills of South Dakota | Registered: Jun 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
TEXASGRANDMA
Advanced Member
Member # 847

Icon 1 posted      Profile for TEXASGRANDMA     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
David,

I agree with you and HisGrace. Personally, I have signed about a dozen petitions this year to keep Jesus in Christmas. We are now in Houston with our daughter and we went to our old home Church and the Preacher preached yesterday that Christians must keep Jesus in Christmas. Which encouraed me to keep fighting to keep Jesus the reason for the season.
God bless you and HisGrace,
betty

--------------------
Luk 21:28 And when these things begin to come to pass, then look up, and lift up your heads; for your redemption draweth nigh.
http://www.indieheaven.com/artists/mm (son-in-law)http://www.myspace.com/mireles

Posts: 4985 | From: Washington State | Registered: Jan 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
HisGrace
unregistered

Icon 7 posted            Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Great article!!! [clap2] [clap2]
IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
KnowHim
Admin
Member # 1

Icon 9 posted      Profile for KnowHim   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
`Happy Holidays` Groups Gear Up to Fight for `Christmas,` But is There Really an Issue?
On Thursday, Boston will light its city Christmas tree, after an uproar over an attempt to rename it the "holiday tree." It`s just one of many battles across the country over what some Christians see as attempts to sap Christmas of its religious meaning...

Click Here to read the story.

--------------------
Video Tracts
Christian Media
LiveTracts
Friend Me On Facebook
Evangelism TackleBox

Posts: 3276 | From: Charlestown, IN | Registered: Jun 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

This topic comprises 3 pages: 1  2  3 

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Christian Message Board | Privacy Statement