Christian Chat Network

This version of the message boards has closed.
Please click below to go to the new Christian BBS website.

New Message Boards - Click Here

You can still search for the old message here.

Christian Message Boards

| | search | faq | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Christian Message Boards   » Bible Studies   » The Christian News   » HOLIDAY TREE VS. CHRISTMAS TREE? (Page 1)

This topic comprises 3 pages: 1  2  3 

Author Topic: HOLIDAY TREE VS. CHRISTMAS TREE?
WildB
Member # 2917

Icon 18 posted      Profile for WildB   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by hardcore:
quote:
Originally posted by TEXASGRANDMA:
Prays for those who insult and trashes us.
betty

Thank you TG. I pray for you too! But I don't think I have insulted or trashed you. [Confused]
I think the same as you, and found TGs post most provocative. Those that 'amen'ed it are just as guilty in provking a non-issue.

No one attacked the messanger. Just the un-Biblical message posted.

I say let's pray for all those that insult and/or trash by prayers of innuendo. Those that only ask for a Bible reference to support a position of error.

--------------------
That is all.....

Posts: 8775 | From: USA, MICHIGAN | Registered: Mar 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
hardcore
Advanced Member
Member # 4492

Icon 1 posted      Profile for hardcore     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
betty

Thank you TG. I pray for you too! But I don't think I have insulted or trashed you. [Confused]
Posts: 627 | Registered: Mar 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
TEXASGRANDMA
Advanced Member
Member # 847

Icon 1 posted      Profile for TEXASGRANDMA     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
betty

--------------------
Luk 21:28 And when these things begin to come to pass, then look up, and lift up your heads; for your redemption draweth nigh.
http://www.indieheaven.com/artists/mm (son-in-law)http://www.myspace.com/mireles

Posts: 4985 | From: Washington State | Registered: Jan 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
hardcore
Advanced Member
Member # 4492

Icon 1 posted      Profile for hardcore     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Chaplain Bob:
quote:
David,

I agree with you and HisGrace. Personally, I have signed about a dozen petitions this year to keep Jesus in Christmas. We are now in Houston with our daughter and we went to our old home Church and the Preacher preached yesterday that Christians must keep Jesus in Christmas. Which encouraed me to keep fighting to keep Jesus the reason for the season.
God bless you and HisGrace,
betty

For us Believers Jesus is indeed "The reason for the season" Betty and we need to share that lovingly with others as we tell them what it is we celebrate and why. But we need to be careful not to look silly by claiming Christmas is a Christian holiday.
Ahhh. Finally a voice of reason from the Christmas camp.
Posts: 627 | Registered: Mar 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Chaplain Bob
Advanced Member
Member # 5019

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Chaplain Bob     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
David,

I agree with you and HisGrace. Personally, I have signed about a dozen petitions this year to keep Jesus in Christmas. We are now in Houston with our daughter and we went to our old home Church and the Preacher preached yesterday that Christians must keep Jesus in Christmas. Which encouraed me to keep fighting to keep Jesus the reason for the season.
God bless you and HisGrace,
betty

For us Believers Jesus is indeed "The reason for the season" Betty and we need to share that lovingly with others as we tell them what it is we celebrate and why. But we need to be careful not to look silly by claiming Christmas is a Christian holiday.

--------------------
In His Service,
Bob Allen

Posts: 209 | From: Checotah, Oklahoma | Registered: Aug 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Gramajo320
Advanced Member
Member # 4667

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Gramajo320   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Dear Betty,

I thank you so very much for your posting! I completely agree with you that Christmas is the most wonderful time of the year when most christians, your family, and my family honor and celebrate Jesus's birth! You are so right that we most certainly will not let anyone whatsoever steal our joy from this most joyous occasion and we will continue our celebration and honoring Jesus's birth each year! God bless you so very much, Betty! I wish you and all of your family the very most Blessed Merry Christmas!

With love from your friend,
Joanne

--------------------
Gramajo320

Posts: 2385 | From: WA | Registered: May 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
TEXASGRANDMA
Advanced Member
Member # 847

Icon 1 posted      Profile for TEXASGRANDMA     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
God Bless GramaJo,

To most Christians, Christmas is the most wonderful day of the year. Christmas is a time of great joy for many of us and we will not allow others to steal our joy.
Merry Christmas!!!
betty

--------------------
Luk 21:28 And when these things begin to come to pass, then look up, and lift up your heads; for your redemption draweth nigh.
http://www.indieheaven.com/artists/mm (son-in-law)http://www.myspace.com/mireles

Posts: 4985 | From: Washington State | Registered: Jan 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Gramajo320
Advanced Member
Member # 4667

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Gramajo320   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Betty's reply makes perfect sense and she does not protest too much! The only ones who protest too much are those of you who totally object to our honoring and celebrating Jesus's birth which really is our right to do so and we are in God's will! For all of us who choose to honor and celebrate Jesus's birth we should be able to do so without those of you who object coming down on us with all of your objections! You are the ones taking away peace and trying to ruin it for others! We don't come down on you for not celebrating and honoring Jesus's birth. You need to just quit all of your objections and let it all be! We are born again believers and we do honor and celebrate Jesus's birth and we will continue to do so!!

--------------------
Gramajo320

Posts: 2385 | From: WA | Registered: May 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
hardcore
Advanced Member
Member # 4492

quote:
see, i am willing to allow people not to celeberate Jesus in peace but you are not willing to allow me to celeberate in peace. We had a wonderful women's Christmas party today at Church.
i may be guilty of celeberating Christmas but you are guilty of pride of not celeberating Christmas.
Merry Christmas to those who care and God bless us everyone.
betty

Betty,

This reply doesn't even make any sense.

Besides, if you are so sure about the legitimacy of celebrating Christmas, why would anything anyone else says keep you from celebrating in peace?

If you're so sure, why does the subject upset you so much? People disagreeing with you about something you feel so strongly about shouldn't affect your peace.

You and others disagreeing with me doesn't anger me or affect my peace at all.

Personally, I think your struggle is not with us.

Me thinks the lady doth protest too much.

TEXASGRANDMA
Advanced Member
Member # 847

DO You Hear What I hear?
Said the night wind to the little lamb,
do you see what I see
Way up in the sky, little lamb,
do you see what I see
A star, a star, dancing in the night
With a tail as big as a kite
With a tail as big as a kite

Said the little lamb to the shepherd boy,
do you hear what I hear
Ringing through the sky, shepherd boy,
do you hear what I hear
A song, a song, high above the trees
With a voice as big as the sea
With a voice as big as the sea

Said the shepherd boy to the mighty king,
do you know what I know
In your palace warm, mighty king,
do you know what I know
A Child, a Child shivers in the cold
Let us bring Him silver and gold
Let us bring Him silver and gold
Said the king to the people everywhere,
listen to what I say
Pray for peace, people everywhere!
listen to what I say
The Child, the Child, sleeping in the night
He will bring us goodness and light
He will bring us goodness and light

--------------------

TEXASGRANDMA
Advanced Member
Member # 847

see, i am willing to allow people not to celeberate Jesus in peace but you are not willing to allow me to celeberate in peace. We had a wonderful women's Christmas party today at Church.
i may be guilty of celeberating Christmas but you are guilty of pride of not celeberating Christmas.
Merry Christmas to those who care and God bless us everyone.
betty

--------------------

hardcore
Advanced Member
Member # 4492

quote:
Originally posted by wparr:
Honestly my goal or purpose ISN'T to get anyone to stop celebrating christmas.

But to examine the traditions and doctrines followed and practiced (christmas or otherwise) in light of God's Word.

To look at WHY we do what we do, WHY we beleive what we believe - thru the lens of The Holy Scriture.

Not to take ANYTHING we or others say or teach as true, but to search for TRUTH.

ALL Christians should not only be willing to do this, but also STRIVE to do it, and start casting away the false, the meaningless, the useless, so there is more room for the TRUE things of God.

Is there anything wrong, evil, or devious in that?

There's absolutely nothing wrong with that. It's what all of us should be doing. You're right on the money.

Unfortunately, we Christians are still too prone to act in the flesh; so we end up being stubborn, disobedient, prideful and selfish (among other things).

In my opinion, these things are all at the root of insisting on hanging on to unscriptural traditions - or really anything that we're engaging in that we shouldn't. We want to do what we want to do, so it becomes all too easy to ignore the truth in order to justify and rationalize our actions. Afterall, if we actually learned and acknowledged the truth, then we'd not only have to admit we were wrong, but we'd have to give up whatever it is that we're doing. Heaven forbid.

Christians don't want to know or hear the truth about Christams, because they don't want to be convicted about it or have to give it up. The truth doesn't figure in.

At this point in all of these Christmas discussions, it's become quite obvious that celebrating Christmas isn't the real issue nor the real problem.

The real problem (aside from those already mentioned), is Christians who are still hanging on to the world instead of hanging on to the Word.

Colossians 2:8 Beware lest any man spoil you through philosophy and vain deceit, after the tradition of men, after the rudiments of the world, and not after Christ.

1John 2:15 - Love not the world, neither the things [that are] in the world. If any man love the world, the love of the Father is not in him.

WildB
Member # 2917

Icon 12 posted      Profile for WildB   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
 -

--------------------
That is all.....

Posts: 8775 | From: USA, MICHIGAN | Registered: Mar 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
wparr
Advanced Member
Member # 891

Icon 1 posted      Profile for wparr     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Honestly my goal or purpose ISN'T to get anyone to stop celebrating christmas.

But to examine the traditions and doctrines followed and practiced (christmas or otherwise) in light of God's Word.

To look at WHY we do what we do, WHY we beleive what we believe - thru the lens of The Holy Scriture.

Not to take ANYTHING we or others say or teach as true, but to search for TRUTH.

ALL Christians should not only be willing to do this, but also STRIVE to do it, and start casting away the false, the meaningless, the useless, so there is more room for the TRUE things of God.

Is there anything wrong, evil, or devious in that?

Posts: 1203 | From: Eagle Nest, NM | Registered: Jan 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
TEXASGRANDMA
Advanced Member
Member # 847

God bless each of you. For now I say decide what you do want to do about Christmas on your own.
For me and my family we will be like Scoorge and keep Christmas in our hearts because JEsus is the reason for the season in our family. But I leave you to choose your own path.
Some times, a person can be so overcome with faitigue that then can no longer fight. I never intended to force anyone to celeberate Christmas but was defendeding those who do celeberate Christmas as a season to honor Jesus. But, I am too tired to fight anymore.
So keep Christmas or don't, it is up to you.
betty

--------------------

wparr
Advanced Member
Member # 891

Icon 1 posted      Profile for wparr     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
no thank you. To imply that by wishing someone Merry Christmas is witchcraft is absurd.
betty

TG
That's NOT what he is saying

What he was saying is that by praying that the "spirit of christmas" fill me, which is NOT one of God's Spirits (NOT in the Bible) BORDERS on witchcraft

I KNOW that is NOT your intention, that you were praying that out of ignorance.

The ONLY Spirit I want filling me is Elohim's Holy Spirit, referred to in The Bible by other names such as The Spirit of Wisdom, The Comforter, The Councilor; but not by the name of the spirit of christmas.

Posts: 1203 | From: Eagle Nest, NM | Registered: Jan 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
TEXASGRANDMA
Advanced Member
Member # 847

no thank you. To imply that by wishing someone Merry Christmas is witchcraft is absurd.
betty

--------------------

Thunderz7
Advanced Member
Member # 31

Icon 6 posted      Profile for Thunderz7     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
TG,
I could not help but notice the difference in wparr's prayer for you, and yours for him.

His prayer for you was striclty scriptural.

But, you prayed that he be filled with the Christmas spirit;
a spirit he obviously sees as a curse to his walk with YHWH.

Because you eat this meat offered to idols, you dare place a plate of it on the table before one whos conscience is defiled by it.

Go back to page two and read my post;
what you do, at the least borders on witchcraft.

In Jesus NAME,
Please be more careful
T7

Posts: 1113 | From: Northeast Alabama | Registered: Jun 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
TEXASGRANDMA
Advanced Member
Member # 847

your name is on my prayer list on the wall back in Washington.

--------------------

TEXASGRANDMA
Advanced Member
Member # 847

I have actually found our sparring to me amusing.
I will pray for you that God will not only bless you but fill you with the Christmas spirit.
betty
as the little girl says
God Bless us everyone!
I will be like Scooge and celeberate the joy of Christmas every day

--------------------

hardcore
Advanced Member
Member # 4492

quote:
I will pray that God will convict him for calling me a liar [Big Grin]

Nice. [Frown]
wparr
Advanced Member
Member # 891

So TG, you've had NO anger in your heart towards me.

If you can honestly, before God answer that with a NO

Then I'm sorry for wrongly calling you a liar.

If you can't, I forgive you for any anger you have had towards me.

Father God let Your hand be upon my sister Betty's life and heart
Fill Betty with Your peace
Fill Betty with Your love
Fill Betty with Your joy
Fill Betty with Your patience
Fill Betty with Your kindness
Fill Betty with Your goodness
Fill Betty with Your faithfulness
Fill Betty with Your gentleness
Fill Betty with Your self-control

Yahweh, my Elohim: I pray these verses of Your wisdom for Betty

James 1:5-6
(5) But if any of you lacks wisdom, let him ask of God, who gives to all generously and without reproach, and it will be given to him.
(6) But he must ask in faith without any doubting, for the one who doubts is like the surf of the sea, driven and tossed by the wind.

2 Timothy 3:15-17
(15) and that from childhood you have known the sacred writings which are able to give you the wisdom that leads to salvation through faith which is in Christ Jesus.
(16) All Scripture is inspired by God and profitable for teaching, for reproof, for correction, for training in righteousness;
(17) so that the man of God may be adequate, equipped for every good work.

Colossians 3:12-17
(12) So, as those who have been chosen of God, holy and beloved, put on a heart of compassion, kindness, humility, gentleness and patience;
(13) bearing with one another, and forgiving each other, whoever has a complaint against anyone; just as the Lord forgave you, so also should you.
(14) Beyond all these things put on love, which is the perfect bond of unity.
(15) Let the peace of Christ rule in your heart Betty, to which indeed you were called in one body; and be thankful.
(16) Let the word of Christ richly dwell within you Betty, with all wisdom teaching and admonishing one another with psalms and hymns and spiritual songs, singing with thankfulness in your hearts to God.
(17) Whatever you do Betty in word or deed, do all in the name of the Lord Jesus, giving thanks through Him to God the Father.

Colossians 1:9-12
(9) For this reason also, since the day we heard of it, we have not ceased to pray for you and to ask that you Betty may be filled with the knowledge of His will in all spiritual wisdom and understanding,
(10) so that you Betty will walk in a manner worthy of the Lord, to please Him in all respects, bearing fruit in every good work and increasing in the knowledge of God;
(11) strengthened with all power, according to His glorious might, for the attaining of all steadfastness and patience; joyously
(12) giving thanks to the Father, who has qualified us to share in the inheritance of the saints in Light.

Ephesians 1:17-21
(17) that the God of our Lord Jesus Christ, the Father of glory, may give to you Betty a spirit of wisdom and of revelation in the knowledge of Him.
(18) I pray Betty that the eyes of your heart may be enlightened, so that you will know what is the hope of His calling, what are the riches of the glory of His inheritance in the saints,
(19) and what is the surpassing greatness of His power toward us who believe. These are in accordance with the working of the strength of His might
(20) which He brought about in Christ, when He raised Him from the dead and seated Him at His right hand in the heavenly places,
(21) far above all rule and authority and power and dominion, and every name that is named, not only in this age but also in the one to come.

1 Corinthians 2:5
So that your faith Betty would not rest on the wisdom of men, but on the power of God.

Give Betty a deeper revelation of You and Your truth.

Open Betty's eyes to the lies that the enemy sows.

Give Betty a stronger level of discernment.

Bring healing into Betty's life in such a powerful way that all that see and know her will see and know Your power that they may worship you anew.

Abba Father just Bless Betty's life GREATLY for Your glory and honor.

All this I ask by the blood and sacrifice of Yahshua, our savior, our shepherd, our Lord.

TEXASGRANDMA
Advanced Member
Member # 847

I will pray that God will convict him for calling me a liar [Big Grin]

--------------------

hardcore
Advanced Member
Member # 4492

quote:
Celeberating Christmas is a honor that Christian Churches commit to every year all over the world. Churches are committed to keep Jesus as the reason for the season.
betty

P.S.
wparr,
I am waiting for your apology for calling me a liar.

Instead of waiting on an apology, how about praying for him instead? I have a feeling that God will bless you both for it.
wparr
Advanced Member
Member # 891

I do think you have wished me harm - in your heart

Matthew 5:21-22
(21) "You have heard that the ancients were told, 'YOU SHALL NOT COMMIT MURDER' and 'Whoever commits murder shall be liable to the court.'
(22) "But I say to you that everyone who is angry with his brother shall be guilty before the court; and whoever says to his brother, 'You good-for-nothing,' shall be guilty before the supreme court; and whoever says, 'You fool,' shall be guilty enough to go into the fiery hell.

TEXASGRANDMA
Advanced Member
Member # 847

Celeberating Christmas is a honor that Christian Churches commit to every year all over the world. Churches are committed to keep Jesus as the reason for the season.
betty

P.S.
wparr,
I am waiting for your apology for calling me a liar.

--------------------

hardcore
Advanced Member
Member # 4492

quote:
Originally posted by wparr:
quote:
I would rather be all soft and fuzzy then be a bitter old man or woman who cannot even celeberate my Savior's wonderful gift with joy and love.
betty

I DO celebrate the birth of my savior YahShua, just NOT they way or time YOU want me to.

I do it the way God's Word shows, not so madeup manmade tradition.

Amen wparr.
wparr
Advanced Member
Member # 891

quote:
I would rather be all soft and fuzzy then be a bitter old man or woman who cannot even celeberate my Savior's wonderful gift with joy and love.
betty

I DO celebrate the birth of my savior YahShua, just NOT they way or time YOU want me to.

I do it the way God's Word shows, not some madeup manmade tradition.

TEXASGRANDMA
Advanced Member
Member # 847

betty

--------------------

WildB
Member # 2917

Icon 1 posted      Profile for WildB   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
ok~lets get fuzzy and warm.

--------------------
That is all.....

TEXASGRANDMA
Advanced Member
Member # 847

The story of A Christmas Carol begins on Christmas Eve, with Scrooge at his place of business. The book does not specifically state what business he is in, though it is usually assumed that he is a banker or professional money lender; some recent versions portray him as a solicitor. Whatever his main business is, he has a good reputation as an honest businessman but seems to have usurous relationships with people of little means. These relationships, along with his lack of charity and shabby treatment of his clerk, Bob Crachit, seem to be his major vices.

After introducing Scrooge and showing his shabby treatment of his personal business and relations the novel resumes with Scrooge at his residence, intent on spending Christmas Eve alone. Then he is awakened in the night by the ghost of his deceased business partner, Jacob Marley. Jacob Marley in life spent his career exploiting the poor and as a result has been damned. Marley has visited Scrooge to warn him that he risks meeting the same fate, and to announce that he will be visited by three ghosts; Past, Present, and Future. The rest of the novel acts as a biography and psychological profile, showing his evolution to his current state, and the way he is viewed by others. The Ghost of Christmas Past takes him to see his time as a schoolboy many years earlier. Here it is suggested that his father abandoned him to stay at his boarding school, even during Christmas. This is relevant to Scrooge because it shows the beginnings of his lack of socialization and empathy. He does not socialize because he has never experienced steady growth in a family unit. He does not empathize thanks to the way he was treated: as a child, he was the least of his father's concerns and this in turn taught him not to feel for fellow humans. Later the ghost shows how his success in business made him become obsessive and develop a workaholic tendency. His money and work-obsessed personality traits eventually compel Scrooge's fiancée, Belle, to leave him. This hardens his heart. The untimely death of his sister Fan, the one relative who had a close relationship with him, also inures him.

The visit by the Ghost of Christmas Past also reveals the origin of Scrooge's neurotic hatred of Christmas. Most of the events that affected Scrooge's character occurred during the holiday season. The important revelation from the spirit of Christmas Past is why Scrooge has such a negative view of Christmas: the book (which was written in 1843) does not state how long ago all this, or even how old Scrooge is now.

Scrooge has only resentment for the poor, thinking many would be better off dead, "decreasing the surplus population", and praise for the Victorian era workhouses. He has a particular distaste for the merriment of Christmas, his single act of kindness being that he gives his clerk, Bob Cratchit, the day off, more as a result of social mores than any true kindness on his part. He sees the practice as akin to having his pocket picked.

One of the sources of his negative ways is the pain he feels for losing his love, Belle. Engaged to be married to her, he keeps pushing back the wedding until his finances are as healthy as he would like – something that, given his insatiable lust for money, would probably never happen. Realising this, Belle calls off the engagement, later marrying somebody else and making Scrooge further withdraw from society and relationships.

While the book has few overtly religious overtones (Christmas is shown more as a time for kindness and charity rather than worship), many note that the story follows the redemptive model taught by Jesus.

--------------------

wparr
Advanced Member
Member # 891

BUT HE DID NOT CELEBRATE JESUS

Your post shows MY position thar christmas is NOT about Jesus

TEXASGRANDMA
Advanced Member
Member # 847

HOW THE GRINCH STOLE CHRISTMAS
by Dr. Suess

Every Who
Down in Who-ville
Liked Christmas a lot...

But the Grinch,
Who lived just North of Who-ville,
Did NOT!

The Grinch hated Christmas! The whole Christmas season!
Now, please don't ask why. No one quite knows the reason.
It could be that his head wasn't screwed on quite right.
It could be, perhaps, that his shoes were too tight.
But I think that the most likely reason of all
May have been that his heart was two sizes too small.

But,
Whatever the reason,
His heart or his shoes,
He stood there on Christmas Eve, hating the Whos,
Staring down from his cave with a sour, Grinchy frown
At the warm lighted windows below in their town.
For he knew every Who down in Who-ville beneath
Was busy now, hanging a mistleoe wreath.

"And they're hanging their stockings!" he snarled with a sneer.
"Tomorrow is Christmas! It's practically here!"
Then he growled, with his grinch fingers nervously drumming,
"I MUST find a way to keep Christmas from coming!"
For, tomorrow, he knew...

...All the Who girls and boys
Would wake up bright and early. They'd rush for their toys!
And then! Oh, the noise! Oh, the noise! Noise! Noise! Noise!
That's one thing he hated! The NOISE! NOISE! NOISE! NOISE!

Then the Whos, young and old, would sit down to a feast.
And they'd feast! And they'd feast!
And they'd FEAST! FEAST! FEAST! FEAST!
They would start on Who-pudding, and rare Who-roast-beast
Which was something the Grinch couldn't stand in the least!

And THEN
They'd do something he liked least of all!
Every Who down in Who-ville, the tall and the small,
Would stand close together, with Christmas bells ringing.
They'd stand hand-in-hand. And the Whos would start singing!

They'd sing! And they'd sing!
AND they'd SING! SING! SING! SING!
And the more the Grinch thought of the Who-Christmas-Sing
The more the Grinch thought, "I must stop this whole thing!
"Why for fifty-three years I've put up with it now!
I MUST stop Christmas from coming!
...But HOW?"

Then he got an idea!
An awful idea!
THE GRINCH
GOT A WONDERFUL, AWFUL IDEA!

"I know just what to do!" The Grinch Laughed in his throat.
And he made a quick Santy Claus hat and a coat.
And he chuckled, and clucked, "What a great Grinchy trick!
"With this coat and this hat, I'll look just like Saint Nick!"

"All I need is a reindeer..."
The Grinch looked around.
But since reindeer are scarce, there was none to be found.
Did that stop the old Grinch...?
No! The Grinch simply said,
"If I can't find a reindeer, I'll make one instead!"
So he called his dog Max. Then he took some red thread
And he tied a big horn on top of his head.

THEN
He loaded some bags
And some old empty sacks
On a ramshakle sleigh
And he hitched up old Max.

Then the Grinch said, "Giddyap!"
And the sleigh started down
Toward the homes where the Whos
Lay a-snooze in their town.

All their windows were dark. Quiet snow filled the air.
All the Whos were all dreaming sweet dreams without care
When he came to the first house in the square.
"This is stop number one," The old Grinchy Claus hissed
And he climbed to the roof, empty bags in his fist.

Then he slid down the chimney. A rather tight pinch.
But if Santa could do it, then so could the Grinch.
He got stuck only once, for a moment or two.
Then he stuck his head out of the fireplace flue
Where the little Who stockings all hung in a row.
"These stockings," he grinned, "are the first things to go!"

Then he slithered and slunk, with a smile most unpleasant,
Around the whole room, and he took every present!
Pop guns! And bicycles! Roller skates! Drums!
Checkerboards! Tricycles! Popcorn! And plums!
And he stuffed them in bags. Then the Grinch, very nimbly,
Stuffed all the bags, one by one, up the chimney!

Then he slunk to the icebox. He took the Whos' feast!
He took the Who-pudding! He took the roast beast!
He cleaned out that icebox as quick as a flash.
Why, that Grinch even took their last can of Who-hash!

Then he stuffed all the food up the chimney with glee.
"And NOW!" grinned the Grinch, "I will stuff up the tree!"

And the Grinch grabbed the tree, and he started to shove
When he heard a small sound like the coo of a dove.
He turned around fast, and he saw a small Who!
Little Cindy-Lou Who, who was not more than two.

The Grinch had been caught by this little Who daughter
Who'd got out of bed for a cup of cold water.
She stared at the Grinch and said, "Santy Claus, why,
"Why are you taking our Christmas tree? WHY?"

But, you know, that old Grinch was so smart and so slick
He thought up a lie, and he thought it up quick!
"Why, my sweet little tot," the fake Santy Claus lied,
"There's a light on this tree that won't light on one side.
"So I'm taking it home to my workshop, my dear.
"I'll fix it up there. Then I'll bring it back here."

And his fib fooled the child. Then he patted her head
And he got her a drink and he sent he to bed.
And when Cindy-Lou Who went to bed with her cup,
HE went to the chimney and stuffed the tree up!

Then the last thing he took
Was the log for their fire.
Then he went up the chimney himself, the old liar.
On their walls he left nothing but hooks, and some wire.

And the one speck of food
The he left in the house
Was a crumb that was even too small for a mouse.

Then
He did the same thing
To the other Whos' houses

Leaving crumbs
Much too small
For the other Whos' mouses!

It was quarter past dawn...
All the Whos, still a-bed
All the Whos, still a-snooze
When he packed up his sled,
Packed it up with their presents! The ribbons! The wrappings!
The tags! And the tinsel! The trimmings! The trappings!

Three thousand feet up! Up the side of Mount Crumpit,
He rode to the tiptop to dump it!
"Pooh-pooh to the Whos!" he was grinch-ish-ly humming.
"They're finding out now that no Christmas is coming!
"They're just waking up! I know just what they'll do!
"Their mouths will hang open a minute or two
"The all the Whos down in Who-ville will all cry BOO-HOO!"

"That's a noise," grinned the Grinch,
"That I simply must hear!"
So he paused. And the Grinch put a hand to his ear.
And he did hear a sound rising over the snow.
It started in low. Then it started to grow...

But the sound wasn't sad!
Why, this sound sounded merry!
It couldn't be so!
But it WAS merry! VERY!

He stared down at Who-ville!
The Grinch popped his eyes!
Then he shook!
What he saw was a shocking surprise!

Every Who down in Who-ville, the tall and the small,
Was singing! Without any presents at all!
He HADN'T stopped Christmas from coming!
IT CAME!
Somehow or other, it came just the same!

And the Grinch, with his grinch-feet ice-cold in the snow,
Stood puzzling and puzzling: "How could it be so?
It came without ribbons! It came without tags!
"It came without packages, boxes or bags!"
And he puzzled three hours, `till his puzzler was sore.
Then the Grinch thought of something he hadn't before!
"Maybe Christmas," he thought, "doesn't come from a store.
"Maybe Christmas...perhaps...means a little bit more!"

And what happened then...?
Well...in Who-ville they say
That the Grinch's small heart
Grew three sizes that day!
And the minute his heart didn't feel quite so tight,
He whizzed with his load through the bright morning light
And he brought back the toys! And the food for the feast!
And he...

...HE HIMSELF...!
The Grinch carved the roast beast!

Even the Grinch repented and celeberated Christmas.

--------------------

WhiteEagle
Advanced Member
Member # 3728

Icon 1 posted      Profile for WhiteEagle     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Thunderz7:
WhiteEagle,
unlike others you have made valid points in your stand.
Unlike others you acknowledge the truth of the facts that others won't see.
Other than associating people with the ACLU, I respect your position.
But then again, it's not you and I who have dragged this topic to near three pages in this thread, and five pages in the thread on the Exposing False Doctrine board.

quote:
The SHAME IS ON CHRISTIANS WHO ALLOW ALL PUBLIC EXPRESSIONS OF CHRIST TO BE BANNED FROM THE PUBLIC VIEW.

Every other group has the right of free speach,
I am angered that Christians are singled out and denied the same rights as gays and others.
I believe in public expression of Jesus, and when I get the opportunity, I always use the NAME Jesus, it gets more attention than Lord or God, it even gets more attention than Christ. It is about bringing their attentiion to the NAME.

quote:

No one knows the exact date of Christ's birthday.
Yes, yes it's in late September or early October during the Feasts, but those dates change every year by a few days. The Jewish Calendar only has 360 days, not 365 and they determine those Feast days according to their calendar, not our secular one.

The Hebrew feast days and festivals are laid out in scripture;
their calendar has been around a lot longer than ours;
whether it was given them by YHWH, or YHWH used the one they had, the feast and festivals of the Hebrew Calendar still stand as "what is written".
Just as Christmas is always on Dec. 25th,
the Feast of Tabernacles is always on the 15th of Tishrei.

quote:
When one worships God in Spirit and Truth, one worships God by their heart intent. We, who celebrate Christmas do it as unto the Lord to celebrate the FACT THE HE WAS BORN ON EARTH.

["We", who celebrate Christmas]
Instead of "WE",
if you had said "I",
or even "some",
I could agree 100%
For your part, I believe you, and again respect your position;
the intend of other hearts doesn't appear the same as yours.

quote:

I'm not wanting to force my convictions on others in that regard, except that unless Christians stand up for the Freedoms we have had, we will lose them all.

Agreed

As I said, you have made many valid points,
I agree we must stand for our rights;
In defending these rights we may sometimes find ourselves on the same side of a given fence with those we have been opposed to at other fences.

At the abortion fence and gay rights fence,
I do find myself standing in the voting booth on the same side of the fence as the RCC, against the Democrats.

At the fence of public expression of Jesus,
I find myself on the same side of the fence as the JW, the Mormons, and the SDA, even though our expression is different, we stand on the same side of this fence.

It is quite possible to find ourselves at times on the side of a fence with Muslems, the ACLU, (even some Democrats [Embarrassed] )

I would feel comfortable calling you "brother", I can't say that for everyone here.
I believe it is a thing of the heart with you;
I believe you are looking at a bigger picture than sematics.
I feel that in regards to meat ofered idols, you and I see the meat, and the idols, much the same.

Luke 2:11 For unto you is born this day in the city of David a Saviour, which is Christ the Lord.
Psalms 118:24 This is the day which the LORD hath made; we will rejoice and be glad in it.

"This day" to me, is the day the LORD made,
and born to me "this day" is a Savior, the Anointed LORD.
In the "city of David", ,
city of David = Bethlehem = the House of Bread
city of David = Mt. Zion = the Tabernacle of David
In my tabernacle is worship, praise and rejoicing "this day" be it Dec.25th, 15th of Tishrei or Feb. 31st, for he is born to this earth.

T7

Thank you for listening. God bless and I'm a "sister" in Christ. [Smile]
Posts: 1392 | From: Maine | Registered: Aug 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
WhiteEagle
Advanced Member
Member # 3728

Icon 1 posted      Profile for WhiteEagle     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Hardcore,

It's not a sin to celebrate. It's not a sin to observe holidays. The Lord set up many celebrations for the people of Israel to observe.

God was commenting about the state of their hearts when they observed these Holy Feasts.

In the New Testament, Paul talks about not judging one another if one wants to observe certain days, and another does not. It matters not to God. It's not the important thing.

It's the person's heart toward God that matters.

Just like we were once "pagans", before being born again, now we are new creatures in Christ.

I look at changing the pagan roots of celebrating
Christmas, that it is a new creation.

Posts: 1392 | From: Maine | Registered: Aug 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
TEXASGRANDMA
Advanced Member
Member # 847

'Happy Birthday, Jesus'

Written and Performed by
Joseph Francis Michael Pokorny

From the "Christmas Is Love" CD Album

Copyright © 1989 by Joseph F.M. Pokorny
http://www.ChristmasIsLove.com/happybirthdayjesus.htm

Listen to an Introductory Soundclip -- Order the CD!
Download the "Christmas Is Love" CD Lyrics Songbook

Happy Birthday, Jesus.

May all your wishes come true.

Happy Birthday, Jesus.

I give my heart to you.

A shining star shone brightly,

On Mother Mary’s love so tender.

One Ox, one Lamb to keep Him warm,

Joseph’s hope became his joy.

Happy Birthday, Jesus.

Happy Birthday, Jesus.

I give my heart to you.

The Shepherds came to see Him,

The wise men traveled from afar.

His arms reach out to everyone

No matter who you are.

Happy Birthday, Jesus.

Happy Birthday, Jesus.

I give my heart to you.
--------------------
Merry Christmas to all!
May your home be filled with Christmas joy and your hearts with Christmas love,
betty

--------------------

hardcore
Advanced Member
Member # 4492

quote:
Originally posted by WhiteEagle:
Hardcore:

Thank you for enlightening me on the source of why you and some others here are so against Christmas.

It's back to that tired old belief that The Roman Catholic Church is the Great Wh--re of Revelation.

The RCC came up with the idea of Christmas, so that means we have to automatically call it a lie.

The Catholic Church contains many many people who are born again Christians and who love the Lord.

I'm not impressed with all this anit-Christmas sentiment. I heard about all this stuff 15 years ago from my sister and her Chick tracts.

The Catholic church is against abortion and euthanasia. Does that mean you are totally for abortion and euthanasia?

WE WHO CELEBRATE CHRISTMAS ARE CELEBRATING THAT IT IS A FACT, THAT JESUS CHRIST WAS BORN AND DID COME TO EARTH.

Is that a lie also?

WhiteEagle,

It is quite obvious that you still don't get it. And I'm guessing that you did not read the article I posted in the "Should Christians Celebrate Christmas" thread.

Yes. Jesus Christ was born and came to earth. No. It has nothing to do with Christmas. Suggestion: More facts. Less emotion.

Please don't imply or assume that I said or meant things that I didn't. I did not mention the RCC being the Great Wh-re of anything, nor have I ever implied that there aren't practicing Catholics who love the Lord. And of course I'm not for abortion or euthanasia. Everything is not always black and white. As T7 said, sometimes we end up on the same side of the fence with those that we normally disagree with.

Christmas is a lie because it has no scriptural basis. It is soley based in paganism. It wouldn't matter whether it was the RCC who made it up or anyone else. It just so happens that it was the RCC who took pagan traditions and attempted to make them Christian and call them holy. Sorry. Doesn't work that way. God made it quite clear in His Word how He feels about that sort of thing. You can stay in denial about it forever and it won't change the facts, nor will God's Word change on the matter.

You're not impressed with anti-Christmas sentiment. Do you think God is impressed when His people are so unfamiliar with His Word and His Truth, that they follow a lie and call it holy? Do you think that God is impressed when His people care more about pagan traditions than obeying and honoring Him in Truth?

Thunderz7
Advanced Member
Member # 31

Icon 6 posted      Profile for Thunderz7     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
WhiteEagle,
unlike others you have made valid points in your stand.
Unlike others you acknowledge the truth of the facts that others won't see.
Other than associating people with the ACLU, I respect your position.
But then again, it's not you and I who have dragged this topic to near three pages in this thread, and five pages in the thread on the Exposing False Doctrine board.

quote:
The SHAME IS ON CHRISTIANS WHO ALLOW ALL PUBLIC EXPRESSIONS OF CHRIST TO BE BANNED FROM THE PUBLIC VIEW.

Every other group has the right of free speach,
I am angered that Christians are singled out and denied the same rights as gays and others.
I believe in public expression of Jesus, and when I get the opportunity, I always use the NAME Jesus, it gets more attention than Lord or God, it even gets more attention than Christ. It is about bringing their attentiion to the NAME.

quote:

Yes, yes it's in late September or early October during the Feasts, but those dates change every year by a few days. The Jewish Calendar only has 360 days, not 365 and they determine those Feast days according to their calendar, not our secular one.

The Hebrew feast days and festivals are laid out in scripture;
their calendar has been around a lot longer than ours;
whether it was given them by YHWH, or YHWH used the one they had, the feast and festivals of the Hebrew Calendar still stand as "what is written".
Just as Christmas is always on Dec. 25th,
the Feast of Tabernacles is always on the 15th of Tishrei.

quote:
When one worships God in Spirit and Truth, one worships God by their heart intent. We, who celebrate Christmas do it as unto the Lord to celebrate the FACT THE HE WAS BORN ON EARTH.

["We", who celebrate Christmas]
Instead of "WE",
if you had said "I",
or even "some",
I could agree 100%
For your part, I believe you, and again respect your position;
the intend of other hearts doesn't appear the same as yours.

quote:

I'm not wanting to force my convictions on others in that regard, except that unless Christians stand up for the Freedoms we have had, we will lose them all.

Agreed

As I said, you have made many valid points,
I agree we must stand for our rights;
In defending these rights we may sometimes find ourselves on the same side of a given fence with those we have been opposed to at other fences.

At the abortion fence and gay rights fence,
I do find myself standing in the voting booth on the same side of the fence as the RCC, against the Democrats.

At the fence of public expression of Jesus,
I find myself on the same side of the fence as the JW, the Mormons, and the SDA, even though our expression is different, we stand on the same side of this fence.

It is quite possible to find ourselves at times on the side of a fence with Muslems, the ACLU, (even some Democrats [Embarrassed] )

I would feel comfortable calling you "brother", I can't say that for everyone here.
I believe it is a thing of the heart with you;
I believe you are looking at a bigger picture than sematics.
I feel that in regards to meat ofered idols, you and I see the meat, and the idols, much the same.

Luke 2:11 For unto you is born this day in the city of David a Saviour, which is Christ the Lord.
Psalms 118:24 This is the day which the LORD hath made; we will rejoice and be glad in it.

"This day" to me, is the day the LORD made,
and born to me "this day" is a Savior, the Anointed LORD.
In the "city of David", ,
city of David = Bethlehem = the House of Bread
city of David = Mt. Zion = the Tabernacle of David
In my tabernacle is worship, praise and rejoicing "this day" be it Dec.25th, 15th of Tishrei or Feb. 31st, for he is born to this earth.

T7

Posts: 1113 | From: Northeast Alabama | Registered: Jun 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
WhiteEagle
Advanced Member
Member # 3728

Hardcore:

Thank you for enlightening me on the source of why you and some others here are so against Christmas.

It's back to that tired old belief that The Roman Catholic Church is the Great Wh--re of Revelation.

The RCC came up with the idea of Christmas, so that means we have to automatically call it a lie.

The Catholic Church contains many many people who are born again Christians and who love the Lord.

I'm not impressed with all this anit-Christmas sentiment. I heard about all this stuff 15 years ago from my sister and her Chick tracts.

The Catholic church is against abortion and euthanasia. Does that mean you are totally for abortion and euthanasia?

WE WHO CELEBRATE CHRISTMAS ARE CELEBRATING THAT IT IS A FACT, THAT JESUS CHRIST WAS BORN AND DID COME TO EARTH.

Is that a lie also?

hardcore
Advanced Member
Member # 4492

quote:
Originally posted by WhiteEagle:
I'm going to address this post.

If Christians could establish an exact date for Christ's REAL earthly birthday that would be wonderful, but no one has yet. (that I know of.)

Even atheists know the December 25th marks the day that makes them think about Christ's birth.

Slowly and purposefully your Freedom to worship Christ or even mention His name in public will be a crime in America.

It's a SHAME THAT A NATION THAT HAS SO MANY FREE VOTING CHRISTIANS ARE ALLOWING THEMSELVES TO LOSE ALL THE FREEDOMS GAINED BY PREVIOUS GENERATIONS.

This issue is bigger than an one person's personal convictions about "eating foods offered to idols". I have no problem with those who wish to ignore Christmas as Christ's birth as a lie, you are welcome to do that and I could care less.

Many here are bickering about sematics and don't have the bigger picture.

Personally, I think it is you who doesn't see the big picture.

Have you actually read any of the posted material on Christmas' pagan origins? Jesus' date of birth is not why many of us don't celebrate Christmas. Jesus never had anything to do with "Christ's Mass". The RCC MADE THAT UP!!!!!!

The question of whether a Christian should or should not celebrate Christmas is not about semantics. It's about the Truth.

Do you prefer that the world see Christians as those who stand for truth or should they see them as liars and hypocrites?

We should be far more concerned about honoring and obeying our Lord, than worrying about our "American" freedoms. Your freedom is in Christ, not in political gains made by previous generations.

Worrying about the ACLU, the Supreme Court, or who's in the White House is a complete waste of time. One can sign fifty petitions a week and it won't change the reality of what this country is going to face. Welcome to the end times. God knows what He's doing.

In the mean time, we need to work on getting our own houses in order. Judgement begins with us. Lose the pagan traditions and worship and obey in Truth.

WildB
Member # 2917

Icon 18 posted      Profile for WildB   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Does this picture fit your frame?

Jude.1

1. [3] Beloved, when I gave all diligence to write unto you of the common salvation, it was needful for me to write unto you, and exhort you that ye should earnestly contend for the faith which was once delivered unto the saints.

con·tend (kən-tĕnd') pronunciation

v., -tend·ed, -tend·ing, contends.

v.intr.

1. To strive in opposition or against difficulties; struggle: armies contending for control of strategic territory; had to contend with long lines at the airport.
2. To compete, as in a race; vie.
3. To strive in controversy or debate; dispute. See synonyms at discuss.

v.tr.

To maintain or assert: The defense contended that the evidence was inadmissible.

[Middle English contenden, from Latin contendere : com-, com- + tendere, to stretch, strive.]

--------------------
That is all.....

WhiteEagle
Advanced Member
Member # 3728

quote:
Originally posted by Thunderz7:

It will be at the time of the Feast of Trumpets, the Day of Attonement and the Feast of Tabernacles, late September to early October, IT WILL NOT BE DECEMBER 25TH.

Many have tried to show the truth, that the real birth of Jesus was the Feast of Tabernacles, NOT DEC. 25th.

When HE is LORD and king of all the earth, those who don't go up to the Feast of Tabernacles to worship HIM, shall have no rain upon them.
GOD will smite them as the Egyptians, they will be no more, like the Canaanites.

If you eat meat offered to idols, the Bible says that is ok, if it does not convict and defile your conscience.
So if you eat meat of idols on Dec. 25th, by the Bible, there is nothing wrong with that.

But Dec. 25th is not and never will be the birth of Jesus or the Feast of Tabernacles.

So if you wish, eat the meat offered to idols on Dec. 25th, have a good time, enjoy family and friends.
But please remember, if you preach that Dec. 25th is Jesus' birthday, you preach a lie.

(to borrow a line from another board member)
"SHAME ON YOU", if you tell those whose conscience is defiled by the meat offered to idols, that the meat is good, the meat is holy, and they are wrong for not eating it.

"SHAME ON YOU" if you call other board members grench, scrudge, and more vile names, because of their convictions.

"SHAME ON YOU" if you call family members of other board members names, and condemn them becase they don't eat meat offered to idols.

"SHAME ON YOU" if you say that those who don't worship just like you, believe just like you, celebrete just like you, are wrong and should leave the country.

"SHAME ON YOU" if you accuse people who stand for Jesus with all their being, in the best ways they know how, of being on the side of satan and the ACLU.

"SHAME ON YOU" when people go out of their way to give you truth and you question their Christanity.

"SHAME ON YOU" if you Amen every such asinine and ludicrous statement.

T7

I'm going to address this post.

If Christians could establish an exact date for Christ's REAL earthly birthday that would be wonderful, but no one has yet. (that I know of.)

Even atheists know the December 25th marks the day that makes them think about Christ's birth.

Slowly and purposefully your Freedom to worship Christ or even mention His name in public will be a crime in America.

It's a SHAME THAT A NATION THAT HAS SO MANY FREE VOTING CHRISTIANS ARE ALLOWING THEMSELVES TO LOSE ALL THE FREEDOMS GAINED BY PREVIOUS GENERATIONS.

This issue is bigger than an one person's personal convictions about "eating foods offered to idols". I have no problem with those who wish to ignore Christmas as Christ's birth as a lie, you are welcome to do that and I could care less.

Many here are bickering about sematics and don't have the bigger picture.

Thunderz7
Advanced Member
Member # 31

Zac.14:9 And the LORD shall be king over all the earth: in that day shall there be one LORD, and his name one.

In that day when there is one LORD who is king over all the earth, and HIS NAME one:
What will we see?

Zac.14:16 ¶ And it shall come to pass, that every one that is left of all the nations which came against Jerusalem shall even go up from year to year to worship the King, the LORD of hosts, and to keep the feast of tabernacles.
17 And it shall be, that whoso will not come up of all the families of the earth unto Jerusalem to worship the King, the LORD of hosts, even upon them shall be no rain.
18 And if the family of Egypt go not up, and come not, that have no rain; there shall be the plague, wherewith the LORD will smite the heathen that come not up to keep the feast of tabernacles.
19 This shall be the punishment of Egypt, and the punishment of all nations that come not up to keep the feast of tabernacles.
20 In that day shall there be upon the bells of the horses, HOLINESS UNTO THE LORD; and the pots in the LORD’S house shall be like the bowls before the altar.
21 Yea, every pot in Jerusalem and in Judah shall be holiness unto the LORD of hosts: and all they that sacrifice shall come and take of them, and seethe therein: and in that day there shall be no more the Canaanite in the house of the LORD of hosts.

So it appears there is Biblical, scriptural, prophetic backing of celebration of the birth of Yeshua/Jesus.
Everyone will worship the LORD, and go up to the Feast of Tabernacles.

Zachariah says the bells will be on horses, NOT REINDEER.

It will be at the time of the Feast of Trumpets, the Day of Attonement and the Feast of Tabernacles, late September to early October, IT WILL NOT BE DECEMBER 25TH.

Many have tried to show the truth, that the real birth of Jesus was the Feast of Tabernacles, NOT DEC. 25th.

When HE is LORD and king of all the earth, those who don't go up to the Feast of Tabernacles to worship HIM, shall have no rain upon them.
GOD will smite them as the Egyptians, they will be no more, like the Canaanites.

If you eat meat offered to idols, the Bible says that is ok, if it does not convict and defile your conscience.
So if you eat meat of idols on Dec. 25th, by the Bible, there is nothing wrong with that.

But Dec. 25th is not and never will be the birth of Jesus or the Feast of Tabernacles.

So if you wish, eat the meat offered to idols on Dec. 25th, have a good time, enjoy family and friends.
But please remember, if you preach that Dec. 25th is Jesus' birthday, you preach a lie.

(to borrow a line from another board member)
"SHAME ON YOU", if you tell those whose conscience is defiled by the meat offered to idols, that the meat is good, the meat is holy, and they are wrong for not eating it.

"SHAME ON YOU" if you call other board members grench, scrudge, and more vile names, because of their convictions.

"SHAME ON YOU" if you call family members of other board members names, and condemn them becase they don't eat meat offered to idols.

"SHAME ON YOU" if you say that those who don't worship just like you, believe just like you, celebrete just like you, are wrong and should leave the country.

"SHAME ON YOU" if you accuse people who stand for Jesus with all their being, in the best ways they know how, of being on the side of satan and the ACLU.

"SHAME ON YOU" when people go out of their way to give you truth and you question their Christanity.

"SHAME ON YOU" if you Amen every such asinine and ludicrous statement.

T7

HisGrace
unregistered

Icon 1 posted            Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
What great sites, Betty - thanks! [thumbsup2]
IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
TEXASGRANDMA
Advanced Member
Member # 847

http://www.rienzihills.com/ChristmasSing/firstnoel.htm

http://www.christmas-carols.net/

--------------------

WildB
Member # 2917

Icon 7 posted      Profile for WildB   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by saintbygrace:
The NEW great commision

Go therefore into all the nation, signing petitions, lobbying polititions, passing laws:
To enfore my comandments
To outlaw all sins
To force ALL to celebrate the holidays
To make manditory chritmas trees - easter eggs and the likes

A saint or a aint? Very well done, wisdom put forward. Short and to the point.

Welcome to the cybor space camp fire.

--------------------
That is all.....

TEXASGRANDMA
Advanced Member
Member # 847

http://www.christmas-poems.com/christmas_bells.htm

--------------------

TEXASGRANDMA
Advanced Member
Member # 847

http://www.jeffstory.com/poem1.html

Someone gave me copy of this the first Christmas after my dad passed away. It brought me comfort.
I hope it comforts all of us who have loved ones in Heaven.
betty

--------------------

TEXASGRANDMA
Advanced Member
Member # 847

http://www.bethanyroberts.com/ReasonfortheSeason.htm

http://home.att.net/~JesusIsTheReason/index.htm

--------------------

TEXASGRANDMA
Advanced Member
Member # 847

Dear Betty,

Today, the city of Ada, Oklahoma, has a nativity scene as part of their Christmas lights display.

But if it weren't for the insistence of a concerned citizen, Craig Rogers, and the help of the ACLJ, this would not have been the case!

Craig alerted us when he was informed by the city that a nativity scene would not be included in the park's Christmas display. We directed him to our Religious Holiday Displays Information letter, he took copies of it to distribute at a city meeting, and a nativity scene was added to the Christmas plans.

A solid victory for Craig ... Ada, Oklahoma ... the ACLJ ... and you!

Craig's inquiry to the ACLJ is just one of many we have already received regarding the Christmas holiday.

The issues range from students being told they cannot sing songs with Christian themes in their winter concerts ... to cities telling their citizens they cannot display nativity scenes.

(Thankfully, as in Craig's case, we have been able to resolve each of these cases quickly.)

And today, I want you to know what your rights are and how the ACLJ is prepared to help you exercise them this Christmas.

You can access our online Christmas Resource Center by clicking here.

This resource center, prepared by our expert legal team, addresses the constitutionality of school holiday celebrations and privately-erected or government-sponsored holiday displays; and we are here to help.

Please feel free to use it.

It will answer your questions ...

... and empower you with the necessary legal elements to enforce your right to say "Merry Christmas" ... sing Christ-centered Christmas carols ... display a nativity scene ... and more.

The ACLJ is here to help you! If you have any questions or concerns, simply click here to visit our Christmas Resource Center or call the ACLJ at (757) 226-2489.

Before I close, let me mention that we have joined an important campaign to support Judge Samuel Alito, President Bush's nominee to the United States Supreme Court. Judge Alito has a judicial philosophy that has been very supportive of religious expression, including the display of nativity scenes in public areas.

He is indeed a worthy candidate who should be quickly confirmed! As the ACLU, People For the American Way, and others continue to dismantle the "Christ" of Christmas ... we will continue to fight for your rights and the nomination of Judge Alito to the Supreme Court of the United States.

Merry Christmas from the ACLJ! And like Craig Rogers did - let your voice be heard!

--------------------

This topic comprises 3 pages: 1  2  3 

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Christian Message Board | Privacy Statement