Christian Chat Network

This version of the message boards has closed.
Please click below to go to the new Christian BBS website.

New Message Boards - Click Here

You can still search for the old message here.

Christian Message Boards

| | search | faq | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Christian Message Boards   » Bible Studies   » The Christian News   » RPD Continues to Trample on Christian's Rights

Author Topic: RPD Continues to Trample on Christian's Rights
lifeandliberty
Advanced Member
Member # 4329

Icon 1 posted      Profile for lifeandliberty   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by oneofgods:
But that's not saying we shouldn't obey the law, unless of course it requires us to disobey God.

I agree %100.
Posts: 29 | From: Virginia | Registered: Jan 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
oneofgods
Community Member
Member # 5046

Icon 18 posted      Profile for oneofgods     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
But that's not saying we shouldn't obey the law, unless of course it requires us to disobey God.
Posts: 17 | From: Kansas City | Registered: Sep 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
lifeandliberty
Advanced Member
Member # 4329

Icon 1 posted      Profile for lifeandliberty   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by oneofgods:
My friends and I do a ministry called carry the cross. We take a big 9 foot cross to various places through out the country and talk to people about Jesus. In our own city, we go to this place called Westport, it is probably the place to go for bars and drinking. I have just started this ministry, but my friends have been faithfully going down there almost every friday and saturday night until the bars all close. The place is crawling with police and they say nothing or do nothing about us being there.

That's the way it should be. When police act professionally and enforce the law (not their own agenda), ministry work on the street can go on without interuption and it's nice to have decent officers around to watch your back at times.
Posts: 29 | From: Virginia | Registered: Jan 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
oneofgods
Community Member
Member # 5046

Icon 1 posted      Profile for oneofgods     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
My friends and I do a ministry called carry the cross. We take a big 9 foot cross to various places through out the country and talk to people about Jesus. In our own city, we go to this place called Westport, it is probably the place to go for bars and drinking. I have just started this ministry, but my friends have been faithfully going down there almost every friday and saturday night until the bars all close. The place is crawling with police and they say nothing or do nothing about us being there.
Posts: 17 | From: Kansas City | Registered: Sep 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
lifeandliberty
Advanced Member
Member # 4329

quote:
Originally posted by Gramajo320:
LifeAndLiberty,

Without city ordinances and the requirement to have a permit there would be or could be chaos. Therefore I truly do not believe that to be to true at all and I truly do not believe the charge leveled against the police man.

You may assume that this is true but you are mistaken.
Gramajo320
Advanced Member
Member # 4667

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Gramajo320   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
LifeAndLiberty,

Without city ordinances and the requirement to have a permit there would be or could be chaos. Therefore I truly do not believe that to be to true at all and I truly do not believe the charge leveled against the police man.

--------------------
Gramajo320

Posts: 2385 | From: WA | Registered: May 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
lifeandliberty
Advanced Member
Member # 4329

quote:
LifeAndLiberty,

I still find that to be highly unusual and highly unlikely.

Even so, it's still a fact.
Gramajo320
Advanced Member
Member # 4667

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Gramajo320   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
LifeAndLiberty,

I still find that to be highly unusual and highly unlikely.

--------------------
Gramajo320

Posts: 2385 | From: WA | Registered: May 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
lifeandliberty
Advanced Member
Member # 4329

quote:
LifeAndLiberty,

It would be highly unusual for any city not to have an ordinance requiring a permit for any sort of gathering. Have you checked into it to make certain that they don't have one. That seems so highly unlikely.

Actually most places we minister don't have permit requirements for gatherings. But that is not in question here. Permits have never been an issue here. I have been ministering on the street in Richmond several days a week for eleven years. The charges never relate to such ordinances. This is just a rogue officer with an agenda.
Gramajo320
Advanced Member
Member # 4667

LifeAndLiberty,

It would be highly unusual for any city not to have an ordinance requiring a permit for any sort of gathering. Have you checked into it to make certain that they don't have one. That seems so highly unlikely.

--------------------
Gramajo320

wparr
Advanced Member
Member # 891

Icon 1 posted      Profile for wparr     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
lifeandliberty, I will be praying.

YES, persecution of Christians has been going on here in the great old US of A, and it will continue to get WORSE.

Many many Christians prefer to keep their head in the sand about this issue.

I read Christian news much much more than secular news. www.christianheadlines.com/

American has enter the "hate christian" era

I also serve God, as a volunter Chaplain at a truck stop chapel, and I see this hate of Christians.
As I walk around the truck stop to invite people to our worship service, some will make nasty comments, or even swear at you and call you names.

I will say, don't be shocked by the ersecution going on, expect it.

But all the more pray.

Acts 4:23-35
(23) When they had been released, they went to their own companions and reported all that the chief priests and the elders had said to them.
(24) And when they heard this, they lifted their voices to God with one accord and said, "O Lord, it is You who MADE THE HEAVEN AND THE EARTH AND THE SEA, AND ALL THAT IS IN THEM,
(25) who by the Holy Spirit, through the mouth of our father David Your servant, said, 'WHY DID THE GENTILES RAGE, AND THE PEOPLES DEVISE FUTILE THINGS?
(26) 'THE KINGS OF THE EARTH TOOK THEIR STAND, AND THE RULERS WERE GATHERED TOGETHER AGAINST THE LORD AND AGAINST HIS CHRIST.'
(27) "For truly in this city there were gathered together against Your holy servant Jesus, whom You anointed, both Herod and Pontius Pilate, along with the Gentiles and the peoples of Israel,
(28) to do whatever Your hand and Your purpose predestined to occur.
(29) "And now, Lord, take note of their threats, and grant that Your bond-servants may speak Your word with all confidence,
(30) while You extend Your hand to heal, and signs and wonders take place through the name of Your holy servant Jesus."
(31) And when they had prayed, the place where they had gathered together was shaken, and they were all filled with the Holy Spirit and began to speak the word of God with boldness.
(32) And the congregation of those who believed were of one heart and soul; and not one of them claimed that anything belonging to him was his own, but all things were common property to them.
(33) And with great power the apostles were giving testimony to the resurrection of the Lord Jesus, and abundant grace was upon them all.
(34) For there was not a needy person among them, for all who were owners of land or houses would sell them and bring the proceeds of the sales
(35) and lay them at the apostles' feet, and they would be distributed to each as any had need.

Look at what the believers prayed

Look what happend as a result of that prayer

I kneel in agreement with you brother, even if no one else will or will even dispute with you.

quote:
Nothing is said about preaching in the public square
I say READ THE BOOK OF ACTS
Posts: 1203 | From: Eagle Nest, NM | Registered: Jan 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
lifeandliberty
Advanced Member
Member # 4329

quote:

If your city has an ordinance requiring a permit to preach publically in the square (or prohibiting a gathering at an abortion clinic) then that is covered by the Scripture which tells us to "....obey the laws of the land."[/QB]

There is no such law in Richmond.

quote:
I suspect the persecution you are trying to convince us is occuring by the RPD is the department enforcing a city ordinance.
You are incorrect in that assessment.
Chaplain Bob
Advanced Member
Member # 5019

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Chaplain Bob     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
"For years the Richmond Police Department has misused its authority and abused law abiding citizens whose only crime is that they take seriously the Scriptural command to share the Gospel in the public square."

The Bible commands us to "...Go into all the world and preach the Gospel." Nothing is said about preaching in the public square. If your city has an ordinance requiring a permit to preach publically in the square (or prohibiting a gathering at an abortion clinic) then that is covered by the Scripture which tells us to "....obey the laws of the land."

I suspect the persecution you are trying to convince us is occuring by the RPD is the department enforcing a city ordinance. As a former police officer and Brother in the Lord I am inclined to discount the slant that is being put on this story.

--------------------
In His Service,
Bob Allen

Posts: 209 | From: Checotah, Oklahoma | Registered: Aug 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
lifeandliberty
Advanced Member
Member # 4329

Richmond Police Department Continues To Trample On Christian's RightsSeptember 04, 2005

On Friday, September 2, A Christian was once again cited for exercising his First Amendment Rights on a public sidewalk in Richmond, Virginia.

For years the Richmond Police Department has misused its authority and abused law abiding citizens whose only crime is that they take seriously the Scriptural command to share the Gospel in the public square.

This most recent act of harassment was once again perpetrated by Officer Howard Noyse, Badge# 7630.

After two useless "investigations" into their own department, the RPD has done absolutely nothing to rein in this abusive officer.

Every time we are forced to return to court to face fabricated charges, we are vindicated.

"What is it going to take to make the RPD enforce the law upon their own? This abuse of power and harrassment has become a regular occurance and the RPD has shown no desire to act on the behalf of those who are the victims of thier rogue cops." said Dennis Green, director of Life and Liberty Ministries.

Each incident has involved RPD Officers who are on the payroll of abortion clinics located within the city. One must wonder if their is corruption at the higher levels of the RPD for this unbearable situation to go on year after year.

After being cited Mr. Fred Neal said,

"How is it that after so many years and letters, the RPD continues to ignore the voice of the poeple? You have to wonder why if it's not corruption, what can it be? At the very least it must be the love of money that would motivate them to jeopardize their own reputation and the reputation of the Department."

Mr Neal's court appearance is scheduled for Sept. 20, 2005.

Please let your voice be heard. Please write to the RPD and the Mayor to express your concerns and ask that the RPD will put a stop to the continued abuses.

Chief of Police Rodney Monroe
Richmond Police Department
200 W. Grace Street
Richmond, VA 23220

Mayor Douglas Wilder
900 E. Broad Street
Richmond, VA 23219

Related Stories
News ReleaseApril 8, 2005

News ReleaseNovember 18, 2004

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Christian Message Board | Privacy Statement