Christian Chat Network

This version of the message boards has closed.
Please click below to go to the new Christian BBS website.

New Message Boards - Click Here

You can still search for the old message here.

Christian Message Boards

| | search | faq | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Christian Message Boards   » Bible Studies   » The Christian News   » I am back!

Author Topic: I am back!
MySavingGrace
Advanced Member
Member # 4697

Icon 1 posted      Profile for MySavingGrace     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
glad you are back.

--------------------
http://crawfordpeace.nfshost.com/forum
Support the mother who lost her son protest the war
http://crawfordpeace.nfshost.com/

here are my comments, I am UHaventDoneNothin
http://crawfordpeace.nfshost.com/node/121

Posts: 426 | From: United States | Registered: May 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
helpforhomeschoolers
Advanced Member
Member # 15

Icon 1 posted      Profile for helpforhomeschoolers   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Amen Sister Betty Amen!!!

[dance] The Lady is a Preacher [dance]

[clap2] [clap2] [clap2]

2 Timothy 4:2 Preach the word; be instant in season, out of season; reprove, rebuke, exhort with all longsuffering and doctrine.

Posts: 4684 | From: Southern Black Hills of South Dakota | Registered: Jun 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
TEXASGRANDMA
Advanced Member
Member # 847

Icon 1 posted      Profile for TEXASGRANDMA     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I am feeling a little better. Thanks for your prayers.
God bless you!
betty

--------------------
Luk 21:28 And when these things begin to come to pass, then look up, and lift up your heads; for your redemption draweth nigh.
http://www.indieheaven.com/artists/mm (son-in-law)http://www.myspace.com/mireles

Posts: 4985 | From: Washington State | Registered: Jan 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Caretaker
Advanced Member
Member # 36

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Caretaker     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
God bless you Sister Betty;

Your words, and steadfast stand of faith are a true blessing to each of us. We will stand with faith unshaken, in full armour and the sword of truth shining forth in resolution. Preach-on Sis, preach on.

--------------------
A Servant of Christ,
Drew

1 Tim. 3:
16: And without controversy great is the mystery of godliness: God was manifest in the flesh..

Posts: 3978 | From: Council Grove, KS USA | Registered: Jun 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
SoftTouch
Advanced Member
Member # 2316

Icon 1 posted      Profile for SoftTouch     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
[Frown] I didn't mean to embarras you, I'm sorry! I'm sure Drew took no offense at all!

I'll lift you up in prayer for that headach [Frown] I know the type and boy do they hurt! God give you Peace Sis! [hug]

--------------------
Psalm 119:104Through thy precepts I get understanding: therefore I hate every false way. 105Thy word is a lamp unto my feet, and a light unto my path.

Posts: 3465 | Registered: Nov 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
TEXASGRANDMA
Advanced Member
Member # 847

Icon 1 posted      Profile for TEXASGRANDMA     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I am so sorry Bro. Drew. Hon, I was trying to think of names and my mind went blank. I have had this headache for two days (you know the kind that makes you sick of your tummy), anyway, I am truly sorry. I even went and got my hair cut thinking my hair was so heavy it was hurting my head, did not help. I just took a pain pill, so hopefully I will be back to normal.
Thanks Deb for reminding me. It is embarrassing to be so forgetful.
God bless you, sister.
betty

--------------------
Luk 21:28 And when these things begin to come to pass, then look up, and lift up your heads; for your redemption draweth nigh.
http://www.indieheaven.com/artists/mm (son-in-law)http://www.myspace.com/mireles

Posts: 4985 | From: Washington State | Registered: Jan 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
SoftTouch
Advanced Member
Member # 2316

Icon 1 posted      Profile for SoftTouch     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Hey Sis, don't forget Brother Drew!!! He was right there with us all the way [Smile]

--------------------
Psalm 119:104Through thy precepts I get understanding: therefore I hate every false way. 105Thy word is a lamp unto my feet, and a light unto my path.

Posts: 3465 | Registered: Nov 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
SoftTouch
Advanced Member
Member # 2316

WOW My Sister!!! GOD IS AWSOME!!!! I Definitely See the Fire of the Holy Spirit in your words! That was Exactly what I needed to hear! God Is Good! I was starting to get discouraged and was backing off myself. Thank you for Speaking The Truth In Love! [Kiss]

--------------------

TEXASGRANDMA
Advanced Member
Member # 847

thank you Joanna
God bless you sweetheart.
betty

--------------------

Bat Elohim
Advanced Member
Member # 3739

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Bat Elohim   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Welcome back Mrs. Betty.

quote:
May God give a special blessing to Soft-Touch, HardCore, and Linda for having the courage to speak in the line of fire.
AMEN!

Blessings to you as well.

Love ya!
joanna.

--------------------
Numbers 6:24 May ADONAI bless you and keep you. 25 May ADONAI make his face shine on you and show you his favor. 26 May ADONAI lift up his face toward you and give you peace.

Posts: 704 | From: Louisiana | Registered: Aug 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
TEXASGRANDMA
Advanced Member
Member # 847

I am back. You know the saying that if you can’t stand the heat, get out of the kitchen, while it was getting mighty hot, that is not why I took a break. I had begun to question myself. Was I purposely adding to the fire, was I attempting to put the fire out with the wrong element? All these thoughts were tormenting me. I needed a time to regroup and refresh at the feet of Jesus.

Well, I have come to the conclusion that the fire is not our making it is the fire of the Holy Spirit.

Mat 3:11I indeed baptize you with water unto repentance: but he that cometh after me is mightier than I, whose shoes I am not worthy to bear: he shall baptize you with the Holy Ghost, and [with] fire:
Mat 3:12Whose fan [is] in his hand, and he will throughly purge his floor, and gather his wheat into the garner; but he will burn up the chaff with unquenchable fire.

What is the purpose of the fire of the Holy Spirit? It is to burn up the chaff. Not only the chaff in individual lives, but I believe the chaff of words taught by a Preacher or Teacher that is contrary to the Word of God.

Much has been said about how it is easy to get misunderstood on a board where we cannot see each other’s faces. And when we speak or write a change in words can make a big difference. Like this:
“I hate that Sarah was in an accident and can not be my maid of honor” compared to:
I hate Sara for being in an an accident and not being my maid of honor” a few words can make a difference.”
While it is true that we all mis-speak sometimes, for we are only human, the truth is sometimes Preachers and Teachers “mis-speak” on purpose in order to gain more numbers. We can say what does it matter if a Preacher says on a talk show that it doesn’t matter whether we are Christian or Muslim; we are all going to heaven. I tell you how this matters. Remember I told you about the family that was featured on dateline show about how their son had been courted at a Christian College by those from the Muslim faith. Her son who was studying to be a Baptist Preacher left Christianity to be a Muslim.
What if his mom had seen that show? What if she stopped praying for her son and grandchildren? Let’s take it a step further. What if she said to herself: “We are all going to Heaven anyway; I think I will join the Muslim religion, too, in order to keep peace in the family?” Couldn’t happen? I beg to differ. I sat at the kitchen table and heard my own cousin who had been raised in Church her whole life say these words: “I have decided that my husband is going to hell and I am going to go with him!” She left God behind and is still strained from God. Her husband divorced her so her decision to leave God to save her marriage was for naught. I was married to a non-Christian for 20 years and I know the pressure that comes from that and the desire to give in to bring peace in a family. The fact that I stayed true to God is a testimony of God’s sustaining power not my own strength. The reality is no preacher or teacher should gift any hint that compromising or one’s faith, is something to be taking lightly.
Why is the fire in the kitchen been so hot lately? Because dear ones, the devil is fighting us tooth and nail. If we give up, then the devil has won. The devil is going after Preachers more than us. Many are giving into New Age teaching in order to increase number in their Church. It is up to the Children of God to speak the truth, to fight the fight, and to protect the Truth of God’s Holy Word.

I took this out of an article in the Houston Chronicle on Sunday, July 11:

“In its new central campus, Osteen thinks, Lakewood will one day offer Saturday and Sunday sanctuary to 100,000 worshippers traveling from across Houston and around the globe for the church's upbeat Christian message of self-help and empowerment.”

For those who defend Rev. Osteen, I ask you to bring me one scripture in the Bible calling sinners to self-help and self-empowerment. I could not find one. For those who would say that he was speaking to saved people, I ask you to bring me one scripture where Jesus taught the disciples self-help or self-empowerment.

Salvation is not about self-help or self-empowerment. We cannot save ourselves. We are saved through the blood of Jesus Christ our Savior and Lord. We cannot empower ourselves, we are empowered by the Holy Spirit.

Does it hurt to be criticized by fellow believers for sticking up for the truth of the Holy Spirit? You bet it does! I have shed tears over words throw at those of us that stood up for the truth of God’s Words, but what hurt the most was my own self-doubt. I have sought God to see if I should back away. But God has not given me the release to stop. He reminds me that He has given the Holy Spirit to me to empower me to keep going. Notice I said the Holy Spirit is to empower me, it is not for me to seek a Church to teach me self-empower me.

Is this kitchen hot? Yes, but we need to stay the course, brothers and sisters. When we water down the truth of God’s Word in order to keep things peaceful, we have stepped over the line. God help us to fight through the fire and flames for the truth the real truth of God’s word.

I do no purposely seek to hurt anyone on this board, but for me to stay silent as people are led astray by Preachers and Teachers of God’s Word, is not an option, I choose. Sadly, there are some that refuse to see. They have worn blinders on their eyes so long, they cannot see the benefit of removing them. I feel sad for them, but I cannot allow them to force me to stop doing the job that God has given me.
God bless you. May God give a special blessing to Soft-Touch, HardCore, and Linda for having the courage to speak in the line of fire.
betty

--------------------

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Christian Message Board | Privacy Statement