Christian Chat Network

This version of the message boards has closed.
Please click below to go to the new Christian BBS website.

New Message Boards - Click Here

You can still search for the old message here.

Christian Message Boards

| | search | faq | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Christian Message Boards   » Bible Studies   » The Christian News   » So. Baptist Preachers Told to 'Stick to Scripture' in Defending the Faith

Author Topic: So. Baptist Preachers Told to 'Stick to Scripture' in Defending the Faith
Eduardo Grequi
Advanced Member
Member # 3984

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Eduardo Grequi   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Amen Sister!!!!!!! [youpi] [clap2] [Bible] [hug] I remember reading "The Sword of the Lord" John R. Rice!! Yes we must encourage our Pastors and Teachers to stick out. Hand and Hand until we get to that Promise Land! I may not have been that old in the 6o's and part of the 50's but when I accept Jesus in 1967, I was heavenbound because of a baptist minister. My mom heard the message of salvation in French thru a Jerry Falwell Ministeries in the early 80's on Canadian brodcast. Listen! when we get down to it, whatever your demonination is, Jesus must be Lord and head of the church!!!nd the Word of God read and taught!

Pray for a Preacher by name!!! Then hug him!!!

Posts: 771 | From: Belvidere, IL | Registered: Oct 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
evangelistdare
Advanced Member
Member # 4746

Icon 15 posted      Profile for evangelistdare   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Amen sister AMEN!!!!

The devil doesnt want the word to be preached..He doesnt wont the world to know THE TRUTH OF GOD'S WORD.

But God said, cry aloud spare not, lift up thy voice like a trumpet and show my people their transgressions and the house of Jacob their sins...

Proclaim the gospel to every creature..The KING IS COMING SOON, LIKE IT OR NOT, BELIEVE IT OR NOT, THE KING IS SOON TO RETURN..

GET YOUR HOUSES IN ORDER FOR SOON JUDGMENT MUST BEGIN IN THE HOUSE OF GOD.....

AMEN AMEN AMEN, EVEN SO COME QUICKLY LORD JESUS

Word received by: David Howe

Fear not the nations.

Why do the nations rage? Their peoples imagine vain things; their kings plot in vain against the Lord and His Holy One Jesus Christ.

Why do they fear the last days? Why do they fear the blowing of the wind, fear the shining light breaking through the clouds?

Why do they attempt to stop the Word of God breaking forth from the mouths of babes and children?

Why do they try to stop those who would believe and be saved by the light of Jesus Christ?

Why? Because their deeds are evil, their hearts full of darkness, pride and fear.

My people, fear not when the nations rage. Fear not when they try to stop your mouths from preaching the truth before the judges of this world.

Fear not, for the Lord will give you wisdom from on high, for you will speak with the wisdom of the Lord. Speak as my disciples did in the days of old, when they were brought before the judges of men.

Yes, fear not what they can do to you in the flesh, when they attempt to chain you up, but let your praises ring forth from hearts that are free, free in the Lord, for the prison doors will open, the walls fall down and many will be saved as in the days of old.

So fear not the last days, as the wicked do in their foolishness, for, if they would turn from their wicked ways, I would save and heal them all.

FEAR NOT AND GO FORWARD IN THE POWER THAT I HAVE GIVEN YOU.....

--------------------
In Christ's service always, Evangelist Dare

Gal 1:10 For do I now persuade men, or God? or do I seek to please men? for if I yet pleased men, I should not be the servant of Christ.

Posts: 177 | From: n.c. | Registered: Jun 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
bygrace
unregistered

Icon 1 posted            Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
This is a great post!

bygrace

IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
TEXASGRANDMA
Advanced Member
Member # 847

Icon 1 posted      Profile for TEXASGRANDMA     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
So. Baptist Preachers Told to 'Stick to Scripture' in Defending the Faith

By Allie Martin
June 20, 2005

(AgapePress) - Southern Baptist pastors were told over the weekend that their denomination is poised to influence the world for Christ, provided they don't deviate from God's Word. They also were reminded it is their calling to prepare believers to stand firm in defending their faith.

Dr. Ergun Caner, a Christian author and professor, says pastors need to preach the truth -- regardless of the consequences. Caner addressed more than 5,000 pastors during the Southern Baptist Convention Pastors' Conference in Nashville over the weekend, which preceded the two-day Annual Conference of the SBC taking place in Tennessee's capital city Tuesday and Wednesday, June 21-22. He says the denomination faces a major change as many of the leaders of the conservative movement are getting older.

"We must cling to the cross; we must preach the old-school way; we must stand unapologetically; we must be the people of God -- and if every other denomination on the planet gives up, may it never be said of Southern Baptists that we backed away from the infallible, inerrant Word of God," Caner said, pushing forward as the "Amens" and applause continued.

"And I will tell you one more thing: It's a fun ride -- because I'm going to beg you: quit whining, quit complaining, quit running; take a stand, take the hit, take the heat; stand up -- He died for you!"

The former Muslim who now teaches at Liberty University in Virginia also urged his audience to never back away from defending their faith against Islam or any other false religion. "Muhammad considered the claims of Christianity, read the Bible, rejected the God of the Bible -- and made one up," Caner stated.

"Allah is not Jehovah. I don't care how many linguistic ways you play the game, a camel by any other name don't fly [sic]," he continued, saying it is a theological issue. "You can come with all your arguments ... and what will happen is all the great gains that we have made over 25 years as Southern Baptists will die in an instant. Why? Because we stopped caring about the things that matter."

Eyewitness Testimonies
One of those things that matters, said Dr. Voddie Baucham, is for congregations to be equipped to defend the Christian faith. In his address to the Pastors' Conference, the black evangelist said the Bible is a reliable collection of historical documents of eyewitness accounts and fulfilled prophecies about Christ. In preparing their flocks, Baucham said pastors do not need new methods to reach people -- they just need to stick to scripture.

"The Bible answers every relevant question. All scripture is God-breathed and profitable for teaching, rebuking, correcting, training in righteousness -- all of it," he said. "His divine power has given us everything we need for life and godliness through our knowledge of Him who called us by His own glory and excellence."

The Texas-based evangelist said pastors are called to prepare their congregations so they can answer the world's questions about God, faith, and the Bible. "[But] here's what I am worried about," Baucham stated. "There's a lot of us who believe in the inerrancy of scripture -- but some of us preach like we don't believe in the sufficiency of scripture."

Still, he said, objections to the Christian faith are easy to overcome, such as those who want to see "scientific evidence" of the Bible. Baucham says that approach is not possible.

"In order to use the scientific method, something has to be observable, measurable, and repeatable," he pointed out. "Folks, you can't use the scientific method to prove that George Washington was our first president. Why? Because his presidency is not observable, measurable, and repeatable. You don't use the scientific method there -- you have to use a more evidentiary method there."

Baucham explained himself further. "What you do is like what we do in a courtroom; you [ask], 'Do we have any eyewitnesses? Do the eyewitnesses tell the same story?' Yep! 'Friday, dead -- Sunday, risen!'"

Baucham is co-author of a resolution that encourages Southern Baptist churches to investigate their local public school districts to determine if any homosexual influence exists. The resolution may come up for a vote on Wednesday during the SBC business meeting.

--------------------
Luk 21:28 And when these things begin to come to pass, then look up, and lift up your heads; for your redemption draweth nigh.
http://www.indieheaven.com/artists/mm (son-in-law)http://www.myspace.com/mireles

Posts: 4985 | From: Washington State | Registered: Jan 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Christian Message Board | Privacy Statement