Christian Chat Network

This version of the message boards has closed.
Please click below to go to the new Christian BBS website.

New Message Boards - Click Here

You can still search for the old message here.

Christian Message Boards

| | search | faq | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Christian Message Boards   » Bible Studies   » The Christian News   » micheal jackson

Author Topic: micheal jackson
evangelistdare
Advanced Member
Member # 4746

Icon 1 posted      Profile for evangelistdare   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Ecc 12:14 For God shall bring every work into judgment, with every secret thing, whether it be good, or whether it be evil.

As we know it is very hard to see justice done today, but I assure you by the word of God that His justice will be done .

sin and all those who have chosen to serve sin, will be removed from this earth one day ,and that day is soon approaching according to the signs God has given us in His Word.

God will take care of all of the michael jacksons of this world , that refuse to serve HIM and who choose to live wickedly.

The Gospel is preached 7 days a week on television, you can hear it on the radio as well . here on internet God is using his servannts in reaching the lost.

How can anyone who has a tv or a radio or a computer say they have not heard the gospel of JESUS CHRIST?

Our country is filled with churchs that proclaim the Truth of God's word.

all of these things , it will be hard to stand before a righteous and Holy God and say, I DIDNT KNOW LORD.....

I believe that if a man or woman wants truth he will search for the Truth and God will lead him to the truth. for His word says" SEEK AND YE SHALL FIND, KNOCK AND THE DOOR SHALL BE OPENED"

I pray michael j. has tht desire before it is to late for his lost soul.

--------------------
In Christ's service always, Evangelist Dare

Gal 1:10 For do I now persuade men, or God? or do I seek to please men? for if I yet pleased men, I should not be the servant of Christ.

Posts: 177 | From: n.c. | Registered: Jun 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
KnowHim
Admin
Member # 1

Icon 1 posted      Profile for KnowHim   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
 -

Michael, Martha & Me

It seems that everyone is repeating jokes about celebrities in the wake of the much-covered Michael Jackson trial. One of Jay Leno’s jokes was even repeated by Paul Harvey on his radio program. The joke goes something like this: “Michael Jackson got off free. Robert Blake got off free. Kobe Bryant got off free. P-Diddy got off free. Wynona Ryder got off free. O.J got off free. Can you just imagine how Martha Stewart must feel?”

Indeed, we probably can imagine how Martha must feel. We’ve probably all felt like the former Nutley resident in some small way, even if we’re not celebrities!

Have you ever been stopped for speeding and received a ticket? Your first thought may be, “it’s not like I was the only one going over 55 mph!” You feel singled out. You feel treated unfairly. You feel like others receive more favorable treatment than you received. It’s even worse if you find out that your (circle one: girlfriend, husband, co-worker, etc.) was also stopped for speeding – but got off with just a warning! Arrgghhh!

When we face such situations, we want to yell out, “Where’s the justice?” But in fact, we just had a personal encounter with justice – and we didn’t like it. The speed limit sign tells us plainly, “if you go over 55 mph, you are breaking the law and there is a fine for breaking the law.” However, when we drive over the speed limit and are stopped and ticketed – we sometimes respond with total surprise. We act surprised, not because we didn’t know the law or the penalty for breaking it – but surprised that it was actually US that got stopped. We begin to compare our actions, not to the speed limit – which we plainly violated, but to the actions of other drivers. Our astonishment may sound something like, “There were plenty of other people speeding, too!” or “Some other cars were going even faster than I was!” or “There are much worse drivers out there!” or, the best of all, “Shouldn’t you cops be going after the REAL lawbreakers?”

Actually, the cops just caught REAL lawbreakers – US! The law enforcement officer doesn’t compare us to other drivers, and doesn’t allow us to hold onto such a comparison. He compares us to the speed limit. He compares us to the law. The speed limit is an absolute standard which we either obeyed or violated. We can’t say we broke the law “a little bit.” Either we did, or we didn’t.

The Apostle Paul writes in 2 Corinthians 10:12, “We do not dare to classify or compare ourselves with some who commend themselves. When they measure themselves by themselves and compare themselves with themselves, they are not wise.”

It’s a very unwise thing to live a life based on how we compare to other people. Our life will rot away if our highest standards are other people who “got off free.” We could say, “I know I don’t go to church often, but I go more than those atheists!” We could say, “Maybe I’m not such a good neighbor, but at least I don’t break into their houses like those burglars!” These seem like good points, but if we follow the logic out to its natural conclusion, the picture becomes very dark and scary: “I don’t steal/drink/swear/murder/rape as much as some people I know!”

To face an absolute moral standard for life is scary, but not as scary as what happens to a life based on comparisons and relativity. Sure, the absolute moral laws of right and wrong can seem inflexible. Indeed they are. But in facing the truth about right and wrong, we find our only hope for redemption. Justification by comparison brings no redemption, only moral decay as we justify more and more bad behavior by finding someone worse than ourselves. When we face the moral law of God, at least we know where we stand. Even if real justice means admitting that we are indeed guilty, at least we have an awareness that something needs to change – that we need something other than justice – that we need mercy. Mercy is a wonderful cure for our moral ills – but no one will take if they are convinced they are not sick. Comparing ourselves to celebrities may be a fun pastime around the water cooler, but for real life, an awareness of God’s absolute moral law is a much more productive endeavor.

Rev. Randy D. Nichols
Pastor, RoL

--------------------
Video Tracts
Christian Media
LiveTracts
Friend Me On Facebook
Evangelism TackleBox

Posts: 3276 | From: Charlestown, IN | Registered: Jun 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
TEXASGRANDMA
Advanced Member
Member # 847

Icon 1 posted      Profile for TEXASGRANDMA     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Some of the jury admits they think he is guilty but they did not trust the boy's mom. Hopefully Mr. Jackson will be smart enough to get help for his problem and not take this road again and parents will be smarter about not allowing their children to be with him. But, in the future we could see this trial again. Sadly, for all concerened.

--------------------
Luk 21:28 And when these things begin to come to pass, then look up, and lift up your heads; for your redemption draweth nigh.
http://www.indieheaven.com/artists/mm (son-in-law)http://www.myspace.com/mireles

Posts: 4985 | From: Washington State | Registered: Jan 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Gramajo320
Advanced Member
Member # 4667

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Gramajo320   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Bygrace,

I was just only pointing out the fact that the jury found Michael Jackson not guilty beyond a reasonable doubt and they totally acquitted him on all charges. Yes we will pray for him.

David you are right we should now just leave MJ alone.

--------------------
Gramajo320

Posts: 2385 | From: WA | Registered: May 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
bygrace
unregistered

Icon 1 posted            Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
That is what I was saying...I pray he finds the truth and before facing the real judge..
I wasn't judging him myself. Gramajo stated the obvious, I was just trying to "get" what she was talking about.

IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
KnowHim
Admin
Member # 1

Icon 1 posted      Profile for KnowHim   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
MJ has been found not guilty. So lets leave him alone.

And as helpforhomeschoolers has stated. We need to pray that MJ comes to know Jesus Christ and places his faith in him to give him a NOT GUILTY on Judgement Day. Because that is the only true Judge that can help him forever and eternity. As I know I was found guilty of my sins, Jesus forgave me and now I am found NOT GUILTY on judgement day because of the blood of the Lamb and my confessing He is Lord of All and He died for my sins and paid my sin dept.

Yes we shall all answer to God who knows the untold truth about each of us on Judgement Day. Not just MJ. We have all sinned and fall short of the glory of God. But good news is we who are born again will be found NOT GUILTY and those who are not born again will be found guilty and spend eternity in Hell forever.

[type]

--------------------
Video Tracts
Christian Media
LiveTracts
Friend Me On Facebook
Evangelism TackleBox

Posts: 3276 | From: Charlestown, IN | Registered: Jun 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Gramajo320
Advanced Member
Member # 4667

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Gramajo320   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Yes Michael Jackson was totally acquitted of all charges.

--------------------
Gramajo320

Posts: 2385 | From: WA | Registered: May 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
yahsway
Advanced Member
Member # 3738

Icon 1 posted      Profile for yahsway     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
GramaJo, Michael Jackson was found to be totally NOT GUILTY, Not TOTALLY INNOCENT. There is a difference.

Apparantly some jurors even think so if you listen to what they are saying.

One woman juror said, well that mother should not have let her son go to the Neverland ranch.

Do you hear it Gramajo? She isnt saying MJ is innocent. Shes blaming the mother for putting her son in harms way. By her statement, she has just affirmed that something did happen at Neverland but that it was the mothers fault for letting her child go there in the first place.

So MJ has been found NOT GUILTY, but to his being Innocent, thats another matter.

Posts: 1238 | From: Tennessee | Registered: Aug 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
bygrace
unregistered

Gramjo writes:
quote:
Michael Jackson was found to be totally innocent of all charges. The jury deliberated very carefully for many hours before coming to their verdict of Not Guilty as announced in court
We know this. However, because a court of law finds one innocent this does not mean that he did not do it. I was saying that regardless of whether he did it or not, he needs Jesus the same as the rest of us. I don't understand your point of "stating the obvious"
bygrace

TEXASGRANDMA
Advanced Member
Member # 847

Icon 1 posted      Profile for TEXASGRANDMA     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
no problem, Linda, like I said I was a fan at the time. I loved the Thriller album. I would imagine he would pay big bucks to go back to those days.
betty

--------------------
Luk 21:28 And when these things begin to come to pass, then look up, and lift up your heads; for your redemption draweth nigh.
http://www.indieheaven.com/artists/mm (son-in-law)http://www.myspace.com/mireles

Posts: 4985 | From: Washington State | Registered: Jan 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
helpforhomeschoolers
Advanced Member
Member # 15

Icon 1 posted      Profile for helpforhomeschoolers   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Thank you for the correction Betty and bygrace; you are correct; it seems that Michael was a Jehovah Witness until age 29 when he renounced his faith.
Posts: 4684 | From: Southern Black Hills of South Dakota | Registered: Jun 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Gramajo320
Advanced Member
Member # 4667

Michael Jackson was found to be totally innocent of all charges. The jury deliberated very carefully for many hours before coming to their verdict of Not Guilty as announced in court.

--------------------
Gramajo320

bygrace
unregistered

You're correct Texas, They are Jehovah's Witnesses.
HFHS, I was thinking that very thing today as I watched him walking into the courtroom...He is a victim of satan's lies, he is in need of Jesus just as all of us. What a sad, empty life he must have. I am no better than he in God's eyes.
God saved me from eternal damnation because of his grace, and he wants to save him as well.
I felt so sorry for him...not that if he is guilty, I condone the behavior, but God didn't condone my sinful behavior either.
bygrace

TEXASGRANDMA
Advanced Member
Member # 847

I thought they were Jehovah Witness. But either way the family needs Jesus. Back in the eighties I was a big fan of his. I remember the Jehovah Witness had issues with his videos. This was before the allegations.

--------------------

helpforhomeschoolers
Advanced Member
Member # 15

Icon 1 posted      Profile for helpforhomeschoolers   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
What ever Michael Jackson has done or has not done God knows; but more importantly for me is that Michael Jackson is not saved, not born again. Michael Jackson's family religious background is that of Mormon. Let us pray that some how some way, God would move in his life and give rest to his obviously troubled soul. Let us pray that Michael Jackson come to know the Truth and the Gospel of Christ, repent of his sins what ever they may be and use his money and his influence to further the Kingdom of Almighty God rather than the Kingdom of Satan.
Posts: 4684 | From: Southern Black Hills of South Dakota | Registered: Jun 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
yahsway
Advanced Member
Member # 3738

Icon 1 posted      Profile for yahsway     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Jackson said if he was found Not Guilty that he would be leaving the United States for good to go reside in another country. HMMMM Wonder Why?
Posts: 1238 | From: Tennessee | Registered: Aug 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
TEXASGRANDMA
Advanced Member
Member # 847

Lisa Marie Presley, who was married to Mr. Jackson and lived with him, has hinted that she knows things that would convict him. If this is true, then in my opinion, she is morally as guilty as him for staying quiet and allowing him to endanger children.
But truly everyone involved need to be saved by Jesus, just like the rest of us.

I think when it came down to it, most of the jury could not believe the boy's mom. It is impossible for me to understand why that she allowed her boy to spend the night with Mr. Jackson after all he has been under this cloud since 1993. I think the jury saw her for what she was a money grabbing liar, but this to me does not make it right to find him innocent. To me the true innocent was the young boy.

I hope that Mr. Jackson gets the much needed mental health help that he needs and for goodness sake stay away from little boys.

--------------------

Eduardo Grequi
Advanced Member
Member # 3984

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Eduardo Grequi   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
He my have been acquitted in man's court of law, where the love of money buys justice. He still have to deal with his conscious of his behaviour and penalty of his decision. The ultimate question to answer, If he is so not guilty, why did he pay $20,000,000.00 out of court settlement on another case? To me, that is as guilty as it comes. We all must answer to God for our behaviour. There is none righteous no not one, however the bible declares -they who violate children for their sinful pleasures will receive a greater penalty. Unless Michael confesses Jesus as Lord and acknowledges he is a sinner like us all, this so call victory is temporary. The final judgement will come and there is no way to buy your way out of it. God sees all! knows all! God's justice is not blind. It is accurate and there is no question of a wrongful prosecution. We should pray that all come to a saving knowledge of Jesus Christ. The difference between the lost and myself, I have acceptable the blood sacrifice that Jesus offers as a gift of salvation.
Posts: 771 | From: Belvidere, IL | Registered: Oct 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Lovely_Woman_Of_God
Community Member
Member # 4751

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Lovely_Woman_Of_God   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Michael Jackson Acquitted of All Charges

-

Michael Jackson, center, waves as he leaves the Santa Barbara County Courthouse in Santa Maria, Calif., Monday, June 13, 2005. The jury in the Jackson child molestation case found the pop star not guilty on all counts. (AP Photo/Michael Mariant)

Posts: 8 | From: State of Texas | Registered: Jun 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Bat Elohim
Advanced Member
Member # 3739

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Bat Elohim   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
not guilty on all 10 counts.

--------------------
Numbers 6:24 May ADONAI bless you and keep you. 25 May ADONAI make his face shine on you and show you his favor. 26 May ADONAI lift up his face toward you and give you peace.

Posts: 704 | From: Louisiana | Registered: Aug 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Christian Message Board | Privacy Statement