Christian Chat Network

This version of the message boards has closed.
Please click below to go to the new Christian BBS website.

New Message Boards - Click Here

You can still search for the old message here.

Christian Message Boards

| | search | faq | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Christian Message Boards   » Bible Studies   » The Christian News   » Runaway bride

Author Topic: Runaway bride
WhiteEagle
Advanced Member
Member # 3728

Icon 1 posted      Profile for WhiteEagle     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
David and others:

Please try to remember the events as they happened. Yes, she lied to the police, and she retracted it a few hours later, or so soon, that I doubt the police has time to do much in the way of any investigation of her lies about the kidnappers' description.

If you actually heard her 911 call on tape, she sounds emotional and upset, and she told the Arizona police she had concerns about the stress the wedding was placing on her family and how she needed time to be alone to think about the future.

To me this says volumes about who knows what kinds of control games were being played out by her boyfriends family regarding the wedding and her own family and her own wishes. Many times big weddings like hers become a "beast" and get out of control due to too many fingers in the plans.

The Duluth police searched for her those three-4 days until she called. Actually by her calling home, that stopped the search.

Remember she was on a bus most of those days and did not have access to TV, and she probably didn't even dream, that her disappearance would make world-wide news.

If it was me, I'd be so overwhelmed at seeing myself on the news, that I don't know what I'd do either.

I don't see that they have any evidence that she planned all this out. It just happened.

Posts: 1392 | From: Maine | Registered: Aug 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
HisGrace
unregistered

Icon 1 posted            Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by WhiteEagle:
She has issues. She's getting mental health counsiling. she's the "bad" one.

I agree. If she has mental issues, this whole massive wedding, with something like 300 guests, and 14 bridesmaids, etc. must have been overwhelming for her. Who knows what pressures she was going through from both families and friends in planning this huge event.

Personally I think she just snapped. Paying the $11,000 to $13,000 fine should be enough. If charged further, she could have been facing a 6-yr. prison sentence - really. [happyhappy] She went through enough humiliation by the media. Also her tearful confession to the courts was video taped. I think she got the message loud and clear.

IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
WhiteEagle
Advanced Member
Member # 3728

Icon 1 posted      Profile for WhiteEagle     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
You're correct that the media is NOT reporting everything.

Please remember that she was missing for 3 days before she called, her boyfriend. On those days before we heard from her, the boyfriend's family and his father and her minister and her boyfriend were in the news all the time.

"Oh we LOVE her and are just beside ourselves, etc."

Yet when she calls them and drops the "bomb", that oh horrors she wasn't kidnapped or murdered, but just was overwhelmed, all of a sudden the boyfriend's family retreats from the media.

Everything is blamed on Jennifer.

She has issues.
She's getting mental health counsiling.
she's the "bad" one.

Sorry I don't buy that. It takes two to tango.

Abuse takes many forms. Like a person living with an alcoholic. that person may not be drinking, but they are the one that shows the signs. That will be the person who act so called irrationally. People think the drunk is the good guy, but it's the person living with him, that acts out.

Her previous history of shoplifting, isn't exactly wonderful, but it's no reason to condemn here for past mistakes.

If you've never been a party to a huge wedding, you have no idea how much stress there can be.

I THOUGHT THAT THE POLICE WERE TO PROTECT AND SERVE, ESPECIALLY PEOPLE IN TROUBLE. Are they going to charge every adult person for leaving without a note?

I.M APPALLED AT THE UNCOMPASSIONATE RESPONSES. did she HURT YOU???????

Posts: 1392 | From: Maine | Registered: Aug 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
oneyearandcounting
Advanced Member
Member # 4449

Icon 1 posted      Profile for oneyearandcounting     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Ok I'm from Ga. and guess what The town of Duluth where this woman is from isn't a small town. If she hadn't called 911 saying with her own two lips that she had been abducted we wouldn't have a problem. There is way more to this story than what the national media is reporting to hear tyhe rest you have to here it from the local side. I also believe that part of the problem is this woman had been in trouble before, nad also she has yet to say she was sorry except through a family friend.
She planned this weeks in advance and who in America doesn't think that their loved ones would call the police and report them missing?
She is getting what she deserves.
god bless
greg

--------------------
Acts9:18 And straightway there fell from his eyes as it were scales, and he received his sight; and he arose and was baptized.

Posts: 183 | From: winder Ga | Registered: Mar 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
WhiteEagle
Advanced Member
Member # 3728

I guess I see things a little different. It's questions like :

Why did she feel so stressed she ran away?

People don't function in a vacuum. Many times people are being abused or controlled and their actions are a symptom of what an abuser is doing to them.

It's very telling that the boyfriend's family and the community were soooooo caring and concerned until they found out that nothing really actually happened to her.

If they really loved her, they would not allow her to be abused by the system when she's already receiving mental health treatments.

The boyfriend Mason and his judge father have never questioned as to even think that they might be to blame for her needing to run away.

These small southern towns can be easily controlled by a "Boss Hogg".

After what has occurred since she came back, it's evident why she felt she needed to get away. These people are poison.

KnowHim
Admin
Member # 1

Icon 1 posted      Profile for KnowHim   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
The below was in the article:

>>> She (Jennifer)called police three days later, claiming she had been abducted and sexually assaulted.

If she had not done this, then yes the fines would have been wrong, but the above sure points to her intentionally trying to make people think she was abducted. Message I get from what happened -->>> DON'T DO IT! The police don't have time to play games.

-------------
Wilbanks disappeared from her Duluth home on April 26, four days before she was to have been married at a lavish ceremony with 600 guests and 28 attendants. She cut her hair and climbed on a bus to Las Vegas and then Albuquerque, N.M.

She called police three days later, claiming she had been abducted and sexually assaulted. She quickly recanted and said she fled because of unspecified personal problems. After returning home, she entered psychiatric treatment at an unspecified facility.

Last week, she was indicted on charges of making a false statement and making a false police report. She could have gotten six years in prison and $11,000 in fines if convicted.

The false statement charge under which she was sentenced stemmed from a phone call she made from New Mexico to Georgia in which she made the abduction and assault allegations. The false-report charge was dropped as part of her plea bargain.
----------------

Yes I think she got what she should have. We need to hold people accountable and stop letting everyone off the hook for saying they are stressed out. She is the one that caused the tax payers to spend money looking for her and she needs to be the one that pays the money back, not add it to everyones taxes.

--------------------
Video Tracts
Christian Media
LiveTracts
Friend Me On Facebook
Evangelism TackleBox

Posts: 3276 | From: Charlestown, IN | Registered: Jun 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
WhiteEagle
Advanced Member
Member # 3728

Is anyone else totally outraged over the way "runaway" bride Jennifer Wilbanks has been treated?

http://news.yahoo.com/news?tmpl=story&u=/ap/20050603/ap_on_re_us/runaway_bride

Every time I hear that this poor woman is being made to PAY money to her home town police department of over 13,000 dollars and put on 2 years probation and made to do community service.
All this while she is also mandated to continue mental health counciling.

The lady was under stress, and needs help, and she most likely lied due to fear of her prospective in laws. Her father- in-law to be is Judge Mason. He's a prominent judge living in a small town of Duluth, Georgia.

I strongly believe she is getting this bad treatment as revenge from the Judge for daring to cross his family and embarrass him.

Doesn't anyone else out there see this?

Jennifer is NOT the one who called the Duluth police and asked them to search for her.

Jennifer is NOT the one who went to the national news to report herself missing.

Jennifer is not the one who asked the Duluth police to work overtime.

Her family and mostly her in laws are the ones who started this bad scenario. I say let the judge pay. Suppostedly he was so concerned about her and her "church" was so concerned about her.

Where's their concern now?

Poll Information
This poll contains 1 question(s). 7 user(s) have voted.
You may not view the results of this poll without voting.

Vote Now     View Poll Results

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Christian Message Board | Privacy Statement