Christian Chat Network

This version of the message boards has closed.
Please click below to go to the new Christian BBS website.

New Message Boards - Click Here

You can still search for the old message here.

Christian Message Boards

| | search | faq | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Christian Message Boards   » Bible Studies   » The Christian News   » Has anyone heard of this?

Author Topic: Has anyone heard of this?
kuukuu
Community Member
Member # 4406

Icon 1 posted      Profile for kuukuu     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
as if anyone could tarnish him or make him shine less...This play isn't going anywhere. Remember the last temptation of Christ? Seen any new cuts of it lately? Protest the play? Why bother. It's not representative of the truth. Go to the play and see how many people coming out of there want to meet the real Jesus? Even better. I will even donate what is available to me to send missionaries into the midst of those who will come out of the theatre as empty as they went in. What did they go into the desert to find? What will they come out with? It's up to us.
Posts: 16 | From: Indianapolis, IN | Registered: Feb 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Trenton D. Adams
unregistered

Icon 1 posted            Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
There's one good scripture that comes to mind.

Yashua said that because of the increase of iniquity, the love of many would wax cold. People don't want to fight for righteousness anymore, because their love has waxed cold. I believe that is what that scripture is talking about.

Let's think about righteous actions, and protesting. Read the last story in Judges. It's about a woman that was gang raped by what appears to be several hundred men. They went to the city of Benjamin, and told them to give up the people that did this wickedness. The city refused. So, God judged the entire tribe of benjamin, and there were only 600 males left after that. If that ain't protesting, I don't know what is. And don't tell me that the OT testament isn't valid, because it is. The OT is full of faith, and righteousness. Not one jot or one tittle will pass away from the law until all is fulfilled.

IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Bat Elohim
Advanced Member
Member # 3739

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Bat Elohim   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Amen Trenton

Mrs. Betty, don't you worry. I appreciate you posting this thread. I had not heard about this play and I too believe we should stand up and let our voices be heard.

the problems in this society are worsening everyday. If we don't stand up now, we won't have a chance later.

--------------------
Numbers 6:24 May ADONAI bless you and keep you. 25 May ADONAI make his face shine on you and show you his favor. 26 May ADONAI lift up his face toward you and give you peace.

Posts: 704 | From: Louisiana | Registered: Aug 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Trenton D. Adams
unregistered

quote:
Originally posted by TEXASGRANDMA:
I am sorry I even started this thread. I thought fellow Christians would write letters and try to stop Jesus being portrayed in a bad light. But, it seems we are not supposed to get involved. Maybe we should stop voting too!
I did not realize that being a Christian took away a person's responsibility for standing up for what is right.
Oh well.

LOL. Yep, we should stop voting if most of the other people in this thread are correct. I mean really, that's protesting. You cast a vote for a certain party, or person, and that's essentially saying that you protest the other ones.

Like my brother said to a baptist friend of his, I spent five minutes writing a letter to the government in disagreement with homosexual marriages. I think it was well worth the five minutes.

As I said before, faith without works is dead, being alone. But, works without faith is death. So TEXASGRANDMA, you've got the works, and the other people are probably just indignant about it. That's not meant to condemn anyone, but that's the way humans are, it's a simple fact.

TEXASGRANDMA
Advanced Member
Member # 847

Icon 1 posted      Profile for TEXASGRANDMA     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Linda,
this thread was not about abortion but about the way Jesus and God is protrayed in a play.
thanks
betty

--------------------
Luk 21:28 And when these things begin to come to pass, then look up, and lift up your heads; for your redemption draweth nigh.
http://www.indieheaven.com/artists/mm (son-in-law)http://www.myspace.com/mireles

Posts: 4985 | From: Washington State | Registered: Jan 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
TEXASGRANDMA
Advanced Member
Member # 847

Icon 20 posted      Profile for TEXASGRANDMA     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I am sorry I even started this thread. I thought fellow Christians would write letters and try to stop Jesus being portrayed in a bad light. But, it seems we are not supposed to get involved. Maybe we should stop voting too!
I did not realize that being a Christian took away a person's responsibility for standing up for what is right.
Oh well.

--------------------
Luk 21:28 And when these things begin to come to pass, then look up, and lift up your heads; for your redemption draweth nigh.
http://www.indieheaven.com/artists/mm (son-in-law)http://www.myspace.com/mireles

Posts: 4985 | From: Washington State | Registered: Jan 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
helpforhomeschoolers
Advanced Member
Member # 15

Icon 1 posted      Profile for helpforhomeschoolers   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
You want to stop abortion - LEAD PEOPLE TO JESUS SO HE CAN CHANGE THEIR HEART.

Abortion is NOT the problem, it's the SYMPTOM.

The problem is people hearts are not turned towards God.

BEING MORAL DOES NOT GET INTO INTO HEAVEN!!!

Being IN CHRIST gets you moral!!!

Works don't earn you salvation.

Salvation PRODUCES works.

Mormans are "good moral" people, BUT THEY ARE STILL GOING TO HELL WITHOUT JESUS.

[clap2] Amen and again I say Amen!! [clap2]
Posts: 4684 | From: Southern Black Hills of South Dakota | Registered: Jun 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
helpforhomeschoolers
Advanced Member
Member # 15

Icon 1 posted      Profile for helpforhomeschoolers   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:

Mormans are "good moral" people, BUT THEY ARE STILL GOING TO HELL WITHOUT JESUS.

[clap2] Amen and again I say Amen!! [clap2]
Posts: 4684 | From: Southern Black Hills of South Dakota | Registered: Jun 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
TEXASGRANDMA
Advanced Member
Member # 847

Icon 1 posted      Profile for TEXASGRANDMA     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Excuse me but standing up for what is right, is not Self Righteous indignation. I don't know how old you are but I have been around long enough to hear people say that it must be okay the Church doesn't complain about it. If the Church does not stand up for what is right, who will? I send off my emails and I will stand up for what it is right. As a Christian that is my responsablity.
I am a member of One Million MOm's and we have been responsible for alot of good changes in the last year. Standing up for what is right takes courage. If Jesus had only taught His discples privatly and no one else, then the relegious leaders, He would not have died. Jesus stood up for what is right, so should we!
betty

--------------------

freaknpv
Advanced Member
Member # 4423

Icon 1 posted      Profile for freaknpv     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I guess parents have no responsability and its now our job to raise the children that dont have christian parents. I dont know if you know this or not, but, the bible say to choose this day whom you will serve, it doesnt say to shove it down their throats. Besides who do you follow John the Baptist or Jesus. John the Baptist still fell under the law not grace, so he preached the law, Jesus preached Grace and Mercy. It would seem you are choosing a couple scriptures to justify your point and ignoring the ones that run against what you want to believe, you have yet to answer any scripture Ive posted while Ive answered yours always.Why do ou think Jesus said to love your enemies, or hung out with sinners ,that they would know us by our love, or blessed are the meek, etc.,etc. all these things that are contrary to this world and its system and even the attitude that is displayed in most churches. It really grieves me that the Bride of Christ is so full of Self Righteous indignation and not a love for the lost.

--------------------
Head in Heaven, Fingers in the Mire

Posts: 25 | From: Cali. | Registered: Feb 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
TEXASGRANDMA
Advanced Member
Member # 847

Lets all sit quietly while the world drags our children deeper and deeper in sin. Oh, you keep you children safe? Great, Who takes care of the children that don't have Christian parents? Did John the Baptist speak up when the Herod married his brother's wife? Yes, and it cost him his head.

--------------------

freaknpv
Advanced Member
Member # 4423

Icon 1 posted      Profile for freaknpv     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
John the Baptist and Jesus often dealt harshly with the people. They spoke up on street corners and in the wilderness. They spoke in synagogues were the Pharisees and religious leaders were. They spoke the truth. If they were on this earth in body form do you not think they would be outside that theater in London preaching loudly against what was going on inside? I think they would be.
betty
Mat 3:1In those days came John the Baptist, preaching in the wilderness of Judaea,
Mat 3:2And saying, Repent ye: for the kingdom of heaven is at hand. Mat 3:3For this is he that was spoken of by the prophet Esaias, saying, The voice of one crying in the wilderness, Prepare ye the way of the Lord, make his paths straightMat 3:4And the same John had his raiment of camel's hair, and a leathern girdle about his loins; and his meat was locusts and wild honey. Mat 3:5Then went out to him Jerusalem, and all Judaea, and all the region round about Jordan, Mat 3:6And were baptized of him in Jordan, confessing their sins. Mat 3:7But when he saw many of the Pharisees and Sadducees come to his baptism, he said unto them, O generation of vipers, who hath warned you to flee from the wrath to comeMat 3:8Bring forth therefore fruits meet for repentanceMat 3:9And think not to say within yourselves, We have Abraham to [our] father: for I say unto you, that God is able of these stones to raise up children unto Abraham.

Mat 12:34O generation of vipers, how can ye, being evil, speak good things? for out of the abundance of the heart the mouth speaketh.

Matthew 23
Prior Book Prior Chapter
Next Chapter Next Book

Woe to the Scribes and Pharisees
(Mark 12:38-40; Luke 20:45-47)
23Then Jesus spoke to the multitudes and to His disciples, 2 saying: "The scribes and the Pharisees sit in Moses' seat. 3 Therefore whatever they tell you *to observe, that observe and do, but do not do according to their works; for they say, and do not do. 4 For they bind heavy burdens, hard to bear, and lay them on men's shoulders; but they themselves will not move them with one of their fingers. 5 But all their works they do to be seen by men. They make their phylacteries broad and enlarge the borders of their garments. 6 They love the best places at feasts, the best seats in the synagogues, 7 greetings in the marketplaces, and to be called by men, 'Rabbi, Rabbi.' 8 But you, do not be called 'Rabbi'; for One is your Teacher, *the Christ, and you are all brethren. 9 Do not call anyone on earth your father; for One is your Father, He who is in heaven. 10 And do not be called teachers; for One is your Teacher, the Christ. 11 But he who is greatest among you shall be your servant. 12 And whoever exalts himself will be humbled, and he who humbles himself will be exalted.
13 "But woe to you, scribes and Pharisees, hypocrites! For you shut up the kingdom of heaven against men; for you neither go in yourselves, nor do you allow those who are entering to go in. 14 Woe to you, scribes and Pharisees, hypocrites! For you devour widows' houses, and for a pretense make long prayers. Therefore you will receive greater condemnation.
15 "Woe to you, scribes and Pharisees, hypocrites! For you travel land and sea to win one proselyte, and when he is won, you make him twice as much a son of hell as yourselves.
16 "Woe to you, blind guides, who say, 'Whoever swears by the temple, it is nothing; but whoever swears by the gold of the temple, he is obliged to perform it.' 17 Fools and blind! For which is greater, the gold or the temple that *sanctifies the gold? 18 And, 'Whoever swears by the altar, it is nothing; but whoever swears by the gift that is on it, he is obliged to perform it.' 19 Fools and blind! For which is greater, the gift or the altar that sanctifies the gift? 20 Therefore he who swears by the altar, swears by it and by all things on it. 21 He who swears by the temple, swears by it and by Him who *dwells in it. 22 And he who swears by heaven, swears by the throne of God and by Him who sits on it.
23 "Woe to you, scribes and Pharisees, hypocrites! For you pay tithe of mint and anise and cummin, and have neglected the weightier matters of the law: justice and mercy and faith. These you ought to have done, without leaving the others undone. 24 Blind guides, who strain out a gnat and swallow a camel!
25 "Woe to you, scribes and Pharisees, hypocrites! For you cleanse the outside of the cup and dish, but inside they are full of extortion and *self-indulgence. 26 Blind Pharisee, first cleanse the inside of the cup and dish, that the outside of them may be clean also.
27 "Woe to you, scribes and Pharisees, hypocrites! For you are like whitewashed tombs which indeed appear beautiful outwardly, but inside are full of dead men's bones and all uncleanness. 28 Even so you also outwardly appear righteous to men, but inside you are full of hypocrisy and lawlessness.
29 "Woe to you, scribes and Pharisees, hypocrites! Because you build the tombs of the prophets and adorn the monuments of the righteous, 30 and say, 'If we had lived in the days of our fathers, we would not have been partakers with them in the blood of the prophets.'
31 "Therefore you are witnesses against yourselves that you are sons of those who murdered the prophets. 32 Fill up, then, the measure of your fathers' guilt. 33 Serpents, brood of vipers! How can you escape the condemnation of hell? 34 Therefore, indeed, I send you prophets, wise men, and scribes: some of them you will kill and crucify, and some of them you will scourge in your synagogues and persecute from city to city, 35 that on you may come all the righteous blood shed on the earth, from the blood of righteous Abel to the blood of Zechariah, son of Berechiah, whom you murdered between the temple and the altar. 36 Assuredly, I say to you, all these things will come upon this generation.
Jesus Laments over Jerusalem
(Luke 13:34, 35)
37 "O Jerusalem, Jerusalem, the one who kills the prophets and stones those who are sent to her! How often I wanted to gather your children together, as a hen gathers her chicks under her wings, but you were not willing! 38 See! Your house is left to you desolate; 39 for I say to you, you shall see Me no more till you say, 'Blessed is He who comes in the name of the Lord!'"*

Again Who was Jesus preaching against, the self righteous the religious. Jesus wouldn't be outside that theatre, He would be backstage talking to and being a light to those that where lost, Jesus was never one to stand outside of things, its the self righteous church that He would stand outside of because it would kick Him out.

Ive never understood why we get all bent when the world acts like the world, we should just remember to pray for them and that maybe God will work in their hearts for change.

--------------------

Posts: 25 | From: Cali. | Registered: Feb 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
TEXASGRANDMA
Advanced Member
Member # 847

John the Baptist and Jesus often dealt harshly with the people. They spoke up on street corners and in the wilderness. They spoke in synagogues were the Pharisees and religious leaders were. They spoke the truth. If they were on this earth in body form do you not think they would be outside that theater in London preaching loudly against what was going on inside? I think they would be.
betty
Mat 3:1In those days came John the Baptist, preaching in the wilderness of Judaea,
Mat 3:2And saying, Repent ye: for the kingdom of heaven is at hand. Mat 3:3For this is he that was spoken of by the prophet Esaias, saying, The voice of one crying in the wilderness, Prepare ye the way of the Lord, make his paths straightMat 3:4And the same John had his raiment of camel's hair, and a leathern girdle about his loins; and his meat was locusts and wild honey. Mat 3:5Then went out to him Jerusalem, and all Judaea, and all the region round about Jordan, Mat 3:6And were baptized of him in Jordan, confessing their sins. Mat 3:7But when he saw many of the Pharisees and Sadducees come to his baptism, he said unto them, O generation of vipers, who hath warned you to flee from the wrath to comeMat 3:8Bring forth therefore fruits meet for repentanceMat 3:9And think not to say within yourselves, We have Abraham to [our] father: for I say unto you, that God is able of these stones to raise up children unto Abraham.

Mat 12:34O generation of vipers, how can ye, being evil, speak good things? for out of the abundance of the heart the mouth speaketh.

Matthew 23
Prior Book Prior Chapter
Next Chapter Next Book

Woe to the Scribes and Pharisees
(Mark 12:38-40; Luke 20:45-47)
23Then Jesus spoke to the multitudes and to His disciples, 2 saying: "The scribes and the Pharisees sit in Moses' seat. 3 Therefore whatever they tell you *to observe, that observe and do, but do not do according to their works; for they say, and do not do. 4 For they bind heavy burdens, hard to bear, and lay them on men's shoulders; but they themselves will not move them with one of their fingers. 5 But all their works they do to be seen by men. They make their phylacteries broad and enlarge the borders of their garments. 6 They love the best places at feasts, the best seats in the synagogues, 7 greetings in the marketplaces, and to be called by men, 'Rabbi, Rabbi.' 8 But you, do not be called 'Rabbi'; for One is your Teacher, *the Christ, and you are all brethren. 9 Do not call anyone on earth your father; for One is your Father, He who is in heaven. 10 And do not be called teachers; for One is your Teacher, the Christ. 11 But he who is greatest among you shall be your servant. 12 And whoever exalts himself will be humbled, and he who humbles himself will be exalted.
13 "But woe to you, scribes and Pharisees, hypocrites! For you shut up the kingdom of heaven against men; for you neither go in yourselves, nor do you allow those who are entering to go in. 14 Woe to you, scribes and Pharisees, hypocrites! For you devour widows' houses, and for a pretense make long prayers. Therefore you will receive greater condemnation.
15 "Woe to you, scribes and Pharisees, hypocrites! For you travel land and sea to win one proselyte, and when he is won, you make him twice as much a son of hell as yourselves.
16 "Woe to you, blind guides, who say, 'Whoever swears by the temple, it is nothing; but whoever swears by the gold of the temple, he is obliged to perform it.' 17 Fools and blind! For which is greater, the gold or the temple that *sanctifies the gold? 18 And, 'Whoever swears by the altar, it is nothing; but whoever swears by the gift that is on it, he is obliged to perform it.' 19 Fools and blind! For which is greater, the gift or the altar that sanctifies the gift? 20 Therefore he who swears by the altar, swears by it and by all things on it. 21 He who swears by the temple, swears by it and by Him who *dwells in it. 22 And he who swears by heaven, swears by the throne of God and by Him who sits on it.
23 "Woe to you, scribes and Pharisees, hypocrites! For you pay tithe of mint and anise and cummin, and have neglected the weightier matters of the law: justice and mercy and faith. These you ought to have done, without leaving the others undone. 24 Blind guides, who strain out a gnat and swallow a camel!
25 "Woe to you, scribes and Pharisees, hypocrites! For you cleanse the outside of the cup and dish, but inside they are full of extortion and *self-indulgence. 26 Blind Pharisee, first cleanse the inside of the cup and dish, that the outside of them may be clean also.
27 "Woe to you, scribes and Pharisees, hypocrites! For you are like whitewashed tombs which indeed appear beautiful outwardly, but inside are full of dead men's bones and all uncleanness. 28 Even so you also outwardly appear righteous to men, but inside you are full of hypocrisy and lawlessness.
29 "Woe to you, scribes and Pharisees, hypocrites! Because you build the tombs of the prophets and adorn the monuments of the righteous, 30 and say, 'If we had lived in the days of our fathers, we would not have been partakers with them in the blood of the prophets.'
31 "Therefore you are witnesses against yourselves that you are sons of those who murdered the prophets. 32 Fill up, then, the measure of your fathers' guilt. 33 Serpents, brood of vipers! How can you escape the condemnation of hell? 34 Therefore, indeed, I send you prophets, wise men, and scribes: some of them you will kill and crucify, and some of them you will scourge in your synagogues and persecute from city to city, 35 that on you may come all the righteous blood shed on the earth, from the blood of righteous Abel to the blood of Zechariah, son of Berechiah, whom you murdered between the temple and the altar. 36 Assuredly, I say to you, all these things will come upon this generation.
Jesus Laments over Jerusalem
(Luke 13:34, 35)
37 "O Jerusalem, Jerusalem, the one who kills the prophets and stones those who are sent to her! How often I wanted to gather your children together, as a hen gathers her chicks under her wings, but you were not willing! 38 See! Your house is left to you desolate; 39 for I say to you, you shall see Me no more till you say, 'Blessed is He who comes in the name of the Lord!'"*

--------------------

freaknpv
Advanced Member
Member # 4423

quote:
Originally posted by HisGrace:
Yes, Jesus hung out with publicans and sinners, but his prime goal was to save their souls.

Matthew 9:11-13
And it came to pass, as Jesus sat at meat in the house, behold, many publicans and sinners came and sat down with him and his disciples.
And when the Pharisees saw it, they said unto his disciples, Why eateth your Master with publicans and sinners?
But when Jesus heard that, he said unto them, They that be whole need not a physician, but they that are sick.
But go ye and learn what that meaneth, I will have mercy, and not sacrifice: for I am not come to call the righteous, but sinners to repentance.

Again the words of Jesus -
Matthew 16:26 And how do you benefit if you gain the whole world but lose your soul in the process? Is anything worth more than your soul?

His Grace,

I agree but the Scripures say that its His kindness that leads to repentence, not His protesting or righteous anger. When Jesus turned over the tables in the temple , He didn't get new followers, except maybe from those that where being ripped off by the system set up by the self righteous. Understand when Im talking about loving the people that everyone here seems to find so distasteful, Im refering to loving them into the Kingdom.

One more thing to consider Jesus said to love your enemies, never once did He say to battle and protest them.

--------------------

Caretaker
Advanced Member
Member # 36

Icon 15 posted      Profile for Caretaker     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
The production is as blatantly blasphemous as the "Last Temptation of Christ", "Corpus Christo", and many other secular productions.

We are to stand for Biblical values, and not compromise with or justify iniquity. We are to be light in the darkness, salt in the world, and to embody the attributes of Christ, who was without sin.

The woman caught in adultry, He did not judge, AND He told to go and sin no more. We must provide an oasis of righteousness for our children, and stand for right, and truth, and justice within our communities.

--------------------
A Servant of Christ,
Drew

1 Tim. 3:
16: And without controversy great is the mystery of godliness: God was manifest in the flesh..

Posts: 3978 | From: Council Grove, KS USA | Registered: Jun 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Trenton D. Adams
unregistered

Yes Texas grandma, you're right. Protesting is important.

Faith without works is dead, being alone. But works without faith is death.

So, let us make sure we're seeking him with all of our heart, and then go out and protest. [Wink]

Yashua protested as Texas Grandma said. He also rebuked the pharisees and saducees at the temple. Besides that, He protested against them at almost every single turn.

Those who won't stand for anything, will fall for everything, it's the liberal way.

HisGrace
unregistered

Yes, Jesus hung out with publicans and sinners, but his prime goal was to save their souls.

Matthew 9:11-13
And it came to pass, as Jesus sat at meat in the house, behold, many publicans and sinners came and sat down with him and his disciples.
And when the Pharisees saw it, they said unto his disciples, Why eateth your Master with publicans and sinners?
But when Jesus heard that, he said unto them, They that be whole need not a physician, but they that are sick.
But go ye and learn what that meaneth, I will have mercy, and not sacrifice: for I am not come to call the righteous, but sinners to repentance.

Again the words of Jesus -
Matthew 16:26 And how do you benefit if you gain the whole world but lose your soul in the process? Is anything worth more than your soul?

freaknpv
Advanced Member
Member # 4423

quote:
freaknpv

You and I are not going to agree and that is okay. I do believe that if Jesus were walking this earth today, He would be preaching on the street corner, in Churches and in political halls, against abortion, drug use, and many other sins.
betty

And the difference is I believe Jesus wouldn't waste His time with political halls, as He didn't then, and He would be kicked out of churches as He was synagogues, Jesus wouldn't be preaching against the sinner, He'd be loving them, like He did . He would come alongside the young woman who had just aborted her baby and love her, He would hang out with the drug user and be that light the same as He was to the Prostitutes and sinners of His day. See Jesus only rebuked the religious leaders, He never rebuked the lost and sinful, those are the ones He loved.

P.S. the only sin Jesus openly preached against was the self-righteous lack of love displayed by the religious rulers of His day, which is what He would do today.

--------------------

HisGrace
unregistered

quote:
Originally posted by volodymyrdolgoruki:
Paul PREACHED Christ He didn't protest eveil.

Romans 7:21
So I find this law at work: When I want to do good, evil is right there with me

Romans 12:21
Do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.

1 Corinthians 10:6
Now these things occurred as examples to keep us from setting our hearts on evil things as they did.

Ephesians 5:16
Making the most of every opportunity, because the days are evil.

Ephesians 6:12
For our struggle is not against flesh and blood, but against the rulers, against the authorities, against the powers of this dark world and against the spiritual forces of evil in the heavenly realms

Ephesians 6:13
Therefore put on the full armor of God, so that when the day of evil comes, you may be able to stand your ground, and after you have done everything, to stand.

Ephesians 6:16
In addition to all this, take up the shield of faith, with which you can extinguish all the flaming arrows of the evil one.

volodymyrdolgoruki
Advanced Member
Member # 4400

Icon 1 posted      Profile for volodymyrdolgoruki     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
That's right Betty, Paul PREACHED Christ
He didn't protest eveil.

There is a difference

I NEVER said we should be silent and do NOTHING
I said we shouldn't PROTEST

BIG BIG difference.

--------------------
Don't wish for a better day
Be glad and use the one you're in
Fear God and do exactly what He says
That's what matters
All else fades like the flowers

Posts: 73 | From: God's Kingdom | Registered: Feb 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
TEXASGRANDMA
Advanced Member
Member # 847

I would rather speak up then have to answer to God when I see Him face to face and He ask me how I could remain silent while He and His Son were being bashed.

I stand by my belief that the reason America is in this shameful shape, is that the Church stayed silent too long. I email my congresswomen and the President regularly about things that effect the Church. It is my responsablility as a Christian.
All the discples died for standing up to the Lord.
Look how many times Paul preached before Kings. He did not just preach in the Church.
If someone trashed my child, I would defend them will all my might. Should not the Lord Jesus, deserve my standing up for Him and what is right?
betty

--------------------

volodymyrdolgoruki
Advanced Member
Member # 4400

Icon 1 posted      Profile for volodymyrdolgoruki     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
When Jesus went into the temple to throw out the money changes and such it was what they were making His Temple into, a den of theives rather than a place of prayer.

This verse can not be used to justify Christians protesting the play of the Jerry Springer show in England.

Jesus was attacking The Religious Establishment, not the lost and Godless.

Look at all of Jesus' "Woe to you" statements, they are directed to the scribes, pharasies & priests. RELIGIOUS LEADERS.

You do have this so right on

quote:
I do believe that if Jesus were walking this earth today, He would be preaching on the street corner, in Churches and in political halls
but he would be preaching the same thing he did almost 2000 years ago.

If Jesus were here today protesting, where would He be protesting?

IN THE CHURCHES
AGAINST THE RELIGIOUS

--------------------
That's what matters

Posts: 73 | From: God's Kingdom | Registered: Feb 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
TEXASGRANDMA
Advanced Member
Member # 847

freaknpv

You and I are not going to agree and that is okay. I do believe that if Jesus were walking this earth today, He would be preaching on the street corner, in Churches and in political halls, against abortion, drug use, and many other sins.
betty

--------------------

freaknpv
Advanced Member
Member # 4423

I believe that Jesus descibed himself as MEEK and lowly in heart in Matt. 11

And that mentality of fighting against things we disagree with is an American value not a Christian one, Paul said that we dont war against flesh and blood , but against principalities and powers and spiritual hosts.

And yes Jesus did get angry with righteous anger, but he also loved and hung around with the very people He "protested" against. We cant fight this world and make it do what we want we have follow Jesus and share that love with this world. Jesus said that they will know us by our love, not for our protest signs.

--------------------

TEXASGRANDMA
Advanced Member
Member # 847

I am sorry but Jesus was not always meek. Jesus became angry. There is such a thing as righteous anger.
Yes, Jesus said the meek will inhert the earth but I do not read that God told Christians to roll over and play dead.

If Jesus had sought to please the political and relegious people of His day, He would not have been crucified.
Jesus stood up for what is right. We should too!

--------------------

freaknpv
Advanced Member
Member # 4423

quote:
For TOO long Christians were to meek

I cant believe you would say that they were to Meek

What did Jesus say about the meek?

"Blessed are the MEEK for they shall inherit the Earth" Matt. 5:5

Look this country was going down the tubes, before the end of prayer in school or the legalization of abortion.

We should follow Jesus not seek to throw around our political weight, we have spent to much time building our own American Jesus that fits the American value system. Instead of living opposed to our society and its values we've embraced them and called them "christian".

Seek to live like Jesus that is our calling

--------------------

TEXASGRANDMA
Advanced Member
Member # 847

When did Jesus protest?

Mat 21:12And Jesus went into the temple of God, and cast out all them that sold and bought in the temple, and overthrew the tables of the moneychangers, and the seats of them that sold doves,
Mat 21:13And said unto them, It is written, My house shall be called the house of prayer; but ye have made it a den of thieves.

Did the money changers, change their attitude? Did they close up shop and never sale again in the temple? I doubted it or it would have been in the Bible. Just because when we speak up, it doesn’t always make a difference, doesn’t mean we are to stay silent. Do we want satan in heaven saying to God: “Just look how much your people love you? They do not even care about how you are abused by non-Christians!”

While Jesus often talked to His disciples privately, he often preached in the synagogues (spelled wrong, I think) and in the street, speaking harshly to the Pharisees and Scribes.

--------------------

volodymyrdolgoruki
Advanced Member
Member # 4400

Where do we see Jesus protesting.

Will protesting change anything?

Will outlawing abortion get one more person into heaven?

--------------------
That's what matters

TEXASGRANDMA
Advanced Member
Member # 847

I am sorry, I disagree. If we had stood up along time ago, we would still have prayer in school and abortion would be outlawed. For TOO long Christians were to meek and allowed anything go.
We have to have princples and stand up for what is right and protest what is wrong. When we do nothing than people like those who are doing those kinds of shows can say that no one cares what we say or do.
betty

--------------------

volodymyrdolgoruki
Advanced Member
Member # 4400

Protesting won't do anything but bring more attention to it.

Christians need to stop protesting against everything we don't like, or that is opposed to God.

That is a tool and diversion of satan.

Remember Ephesians 6:11-13
(11) Put on the full armor of God, so that you will be able to stand firm against the schemes of the devil.
(12) For our struggle is not against flesh and blood, but against the rulers, against the powers, against the world forces of this darkness, against the spiritual forces of wickedness in the heavenly places.
(13) Therefore, take up the full armor of God, so that you will be able to resist in the evil day, and having done everything, to stand firm.

Christians are so busy protesting and standing against everything that we aren't reaching out.

We need to stop protesting against and start MINISTERING UNTO.

Paul didn't protest againt Rome, he witnessed to them.

We need to be showing them more of Jesus.

I 100% agree with the new head od the Southern Baptist Association.

quote:
The world knows what Christians are against, it's time to show them what we stand for

--------------------
That's what matters

TEXASGRANDMA
Advanced Member
Member # 847

http://www.christianvoice.org.uk/Springer.htm

Check out the play of the Jerry Springer show in England. We Christians need to protest this.
betty

--------------------

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Christian Message Board | Privacy Statement