Christian Chat Network

This version of the message boards has closed.
Please click below to go to the new Christian BBS website.

New Message Boards - Click Here

You can still search for the old message here.

Christian Message Boards

| | search | faq | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Christian Message Boards   » Bible Studies   » The Christian News   » Shroud of Turin

Author Topic: Shroud of Turin
mohawk
Advanced Member
Member # 2898

Icon 1 posted      Profile for mohawk   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I have seen so many "updates" on the Shroud that it is very difficult to keep track which side has presented the latest one; the pro-shrouders or the anti-shrouders.

I saw a short documentary that claimed an analysis of the blood stains showed them to contain paint-related elements, thereby proving the Shroud to be a hoax... then the same month, another show that revealed the blood stain tests were actually made on swatches of the Shroud that had been treated by previous tests! In other words, the current test merely found the chemical remains of the last test.

I think the mad race to determine once and for all if the Shroud is real or not, is becoming a Mack Sennett style Keystone Kops comedy or errors. The Shroud is a religious artifact, but not a Biblical one, per se.

[Confused]

Posts: 223 | From: california | Registered: Feb 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
lindaj
First Post
Member # 4360

Icon 1 posted      Profile for lindaj   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Hi...if you read the gospel account the shroud could have been proven to be fake from the beginning...why? he was wrapped in several small cloths not one large one.

--------------------
never argue with a fool someone looking in may not be able to tell the differance

Posts: 1 | From: england | Registered: Feb 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Rich H
Advanced Member
Member # 4313

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Rich H     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Sorry, that second link is from 1999.. I just noticed that.

Its the first link that I was concerned with.

Peace
Rich

Posts: 30 | From: Metro Detroit | Registered: Jan 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Rich H
Advanced Member
Member # 4313

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Rich H     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Forgive me if this is old news.. I did a search of the forum and did'nt find anything.

It seems there is new evidance surrounding the Shroud.

http://biz.yahoo.com/prnews/050119/phw016_1.html

http://www.cnn.com/NATURE/9906/15/shroud.of.turin/index.html

Peace
Rich

Posts: 30 | From: Metro Detroit | Registered: Jan 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Christian Message Board | Privacy Statement