Christian Chat Network

This version of the message boards has closed.
Please click below to go to the new Christian BBS website.

New Message Boards - Click Here

You can still search for the old message here.

Christian Message Boards

| | search | faq | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Christian Message Boards   » Bible Studies   » The Christian News   » In Defence of True Believers

Author Topic: In Defence of True Believers
tenboom155
Advanced Member
Member # 4358

Icon 1 posted      Profile for tenboom155     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I don't know why people can't see how we can hate a sin and still love the one sinning.
I have my own sins (I would like to use the word problems, but need to call them what they are), how could I be judgmental to anyone else? But making a judgment isn't the same thing as being judgmental.
Jesus loved the woman caught in adultery, but he still told her to go and not sin anymore.

--------------------
My 2 Cents--pardon my poor spelling.

Posts: 52 | From: Oklahoma | Registered: Feb 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
SoftTouch
Advanced Member
Member # 2316

Icon 1 posted      Profile for SoftTouch     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Amen and Amen!

--------------------
Psalm 119:104Through thy precepts I get understanding: therefore I hate every false way. 105Thy word is a lamp unto my feet, and a light unto my path.

Posts: 3465 | Registered: Nov 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Caretaker
Advanced Member
Member # 36

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Caretaker     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Amen Sis!!

Aliens in a foreign land we sojourn on earth but our home is in Heaven. The animosity against the Redeemed is increasing even among the liberal "christians" who are more and more gravitating to the side of the secularists with emphasis upon a social gospel and denial of God's Word and the Cross of Christ.

God bless.

--------------------
A Servant of Christ,
Drew

1 Tim. 3:
16: And without controversy great is the mystery of godliness: God was manifest in the flesh..

Posts: 3978 | From: Council Grove, KS USA | Registered: Jun 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
HisGrace
unregistered

Icon 1 posted            Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I am not sure this is the proper forum for these remarks but GDDSmessenger's "Wake Up" thread prompted these thoughts.

It is is true that many Christians are lukewarm , hypocritical and are falling away, but Satan will do everything in his power to discourage the world from finding out the Truth. Christians have to cross every "t" and dot every "i" or someone is right there ready to make a accusatory remark.

Christians will never be popular because unbelievers sense something different about them, and the human flesh always fights against the pricking of the conscience of the Holy Spirit. The spirit of the devil will always be defensive against yielding to the inner convictions. Bottom line, we just make them feel uncomfortable.

Satan makes religions such as Buddhism and Paganism look inviting and peace loving because they are no threat to the devil, so he wants to paint an image of great tranquility through their faiths. He is not threatened by leading people to worship the earth, moon ,stars, or statues.

Look at the problem of gay marriages. The argument has been put forth by that community that Christians are being judgmental and unloving, saying such remarks as, "After all God loves everyone and he certainly wouldn't judge such people. You should be more like Jesus." We are pictured as being harsh and narrow-minded when taking a stand.

By choosing to follow the cross, Christians will never come in as No. 1 in the popularity polls.

IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Christian Message Board | Privacy Statement