Christian Chat Network

This version of the message boards has closed.
Please click below to go to the new Christian BBS website.

New Message Boards - Click Here

You can still search for the old message here.

Christian Message Boards

| | search | faq | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Christian Message Boards   » Bible Studies   » The Christian News   » Judge rules against school district

Author Topic: Judge rules against school district
helpforhomeschoolers
Advanced Member
Member # 15

Icon 1 posted      Profile for helpforhomeschoolers   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
You know this is so sad, but thank God these parents are willing to take a stand!!!

I have to share with you, that Monday night, Hal & I went to the annual Christmas concert held by our public high school here. It was really neat this year as the kids put on a "Ole English" feast; as guests at the gala event we were treated to a wonderful dinner of roast pig or game hen which the children served in 16th century attire. While we ate, we were entertained by song and dance, jugglers and jesters. What a treat! We had such a good time. But, as I sat listening to the songs of Christ, every mouth singing "gloria", every mouth singing of the Savior Jesus Christ, and even we in the audience joining them to sing silent night, I could not help but realize how truly blessed we are to live here in this community where the churches out number the bars and there are no strip clubs and of the teachers and the principals can be found in church on Sunday morning, and there is still one God in the public school and he is The God of Abraham Issac & Jacob and there is but one savior and that is Christ. Still, I wonder what would we do if we were challenged the way other communities have been challenged? Would we stand or would we bow? I think we take for granted that what we do here other communities are being challenged for doing. I pray that we would stand, and I know for certain a few who would, but as a community would we stand? I don't know. But for now, I will give thanks and pray that when the day comes we will. Let us pray too that our brothers & sisters around this nation will not be afraid and will not love their lives here on this earth so much that they will not stand when they are faced with these challenges.

Posts: 4684 | From: Southern Black Hills of South Dakota | Registered: Jun 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
evanoff
Advanced Member
Member # 4176

Icon 1 posted      Profile for evanoff     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I am blessed by being here. Christian news in in my heart, placed there by the Lord.

Love,
Lisa

--------------------
Lisa Evanoff
Publisher
Christian Activism News
ChristianActivism-subscribe@topica.com

Posts: 63 | Registered: Dec 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
LaurieFL
Advanced Member
Member # 3794

Icon 1 posted      Profile for LaurieFL     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Lisa -

Thank you for joining our board and for keeping us up-to-date on all of these stories.

Posts: 700 | Registered: Aug 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
evanoff
Advanced Member
Member # 4176

Icon 1 posted      Profile for evanoff     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Judge rules against
school district
Says students, parents can exchange religious cards, wear red and green

Posted: December 16, 2004
7:54 p.m. Eastern

© 2004 WorldNetDaily.com

A federal district court judge today granted a temporary restraining order to students and parents suing their Texas school district, thus allowing them to exchange religious cards and bring red and green party supplies to a school "Winter Break" party scheduled for tomorrow.

As WorldNetDaily reported, the Plano Independent School District was sued yesterday with lawyers for the plaintiffs claiming the district's policies and practices – which include a ban on candy cane distribution when a religious card is attached, a ban on parents giving religious-oriented items to one another on school property, a ban on criticizing school board members or administrators on campus, and the barring of any colors but white at a school "Winter Break" party – are unconstitutional.

The timing of the suit was meant as an attempt to secure the restraining order so participants could enjoy tomorrow's party without worrying about the district enforcing its policies. The action today was granted by Judge Paul Brown of the U.S. District Court in Sherman, Texas.

"These policies are a blatant violation of religious freedom and free speech. These are school officials who have lost all common sense," Kelly Shackelford, Liberty Legal Institute's chief counsel, told WND yesterday. Attorneys from Liberty Legal Institute and Alliance Defense Fund are representing the Plano families.

Continue story here:
http://wnd.com/news/article.asp?ARTICLE_ID=41975

--------------------
Lisa Evanoff
Publisher
Christian Activism News
ChristianActivism-subscribe@topica.com

Posts: 63 | Registered: Dec 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Christian Message Board | Privacy Statement