Christian Chat Network

This version of the message boards has closed.
Please click below to go to the new Christian BBS website.

New Message Boards - Click Here

You can still search for the old message here.

Christian Message Boards

| | search | faq | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Christian Message Boards   » Bible Studies   » The Christian News   » Colin Powell has resigned

Author Topic: Colin Powell has resigned
Eduardo Grequi
Advanced Member
Member # 3984

Icon 16 posted      Profile for Eduardo Grequi   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I do believe all these changes happened because many are upset at President Bush and Prime Minister Blair for not waiting for the smoking gun. I truely believe we live in another Vietnam Era. In Vietnam you did not know who your enemies were. General Powel I remember from my military days, would never advocate war. Surelly he fought in many conflicts hence he knew if war began-it would not end easliy. Technically speaking the world is at war when it concerns "Terrorism". Most nations in Europe would never go for war because their national reserve is founded in Foreign Oil, just like the US Federal Reserve is founded in foreign investments. One in five people are of Islamic decent in Europe today, unlike even 20 years ago where it was 1 in 10.Most of Frances nation they once rule were arab (islamic). Did you know that most countries in the Balkan area are Islamic nations? Being Christian may make you a save sinner, but being a christian doesn't guarantee success. Just suppose if you were doing things according to selfish directed will and not God's divine Will, what would occur? Remeber God is not the author of confusion. I remember in the bible how this man was commanded to stay put but didn't the donkey spoked etc.. God's will is that all confess Jesus is Lord.One of my deepest fear is that we end up electing a President that is Islamic and when he is office will become a dictator. Where I live in the US, I see a 50% increase of Islamic professinals. Doctors,lawyers,nurses, instuctors and professors. I have also metmany born again Syrians, Lebanese,Egyptians, and Jordanians. We as christians can not become quick to judge any one wo have an arabe sur name.
Posts: 771 | From: Belvidere, IL | Registered: Oct 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Study
Advanced Member
Member # 3991

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Study   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Is Bush setting Condoleezza Rice up to run against Hillary Clinton in 2008. Wow! What a possibility two women running for president. Just something to think about.

God Bless

--------------------
http://www.biblenotebooks.com
The book no Christian should be without!

Posts: 364 | From: NJ | Registered: Oct 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
helpforhomeschoolers
Advanced Member
Member # 15

Icon 1 posted      Profile for helpforhomeschoolers   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I think that while that may be true Mentors Riddle, we have to also understand that Colin Powell has been in a battle with Rumsfield from the beginning on the approach to Iraq. He was also very torn personally over whether he would serve again after Regan. He is a Christian Bat Elohim.

Ashcroft has been through the mill. He took the heat personally over Guantanamo Bay even though he was overuled by the powers above him who sided with the Pengagon over those issues. He says that he feels that he has accomplished all he set out to do and that the job has been depleting and that we would be better served with "fresh inspiration"

The secretary of Education , Paige, has lead the department through the biggest shake up since de-segregation and the man is 71 years old. Commitment to an 8 year term is much different than a 4 year one.

Commerce Secretary Evans is a personal friend of Bushes for 30 years, they attend the same church and jog together daily. I suspect that he just wants to go home.

I believe that Ag Secretary Ann Veneman is a Christian; I know nothing about why she might be leaving.

I know nothing about the Secretary of Health & Human Serivces, but it could be that Bush is not happy with the job they have done in the areas of prescription drug program etc...

I think that we have to remember that anyone where Bush decides that he is not pleased with their job would also go. Also, there will no doubt have to be some appointments of people who worked on the campaign trail this is a perk that is expected if your cadidate is elected.

Posts: 4684 | From: Southern Black Hills of South Dakota | Registered: Jun 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
LaurieFL
Advanced Member
Member # 3794

Icon 1 posted      Profile for LaurieFL     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I believe Colin Powell has maintained all along that he only wanted to serve one presidential term in that office, so his leaving was not unexpected in most political circles.

That doesn't mean something weird or bad may not be on the way, although I personally think it is just politics more than anything.

Posts: 700 | Registered: Aug 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
MentorsRiddle
Advanced Member
Member # 2108

Icon 1 posted      Profile for MentorsRiddle     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
There is deffinantly something going down that we don't know about. I think they should be required to say why they are leaving.

--------------------
With you I rise,
In you I sleep,
kneeling down I kiss your feet,
Grace abounds upon me now,
I once was lost
but now I'm found.
The gift of God dwells within,
To this love I now give in.

Posts: 1337 | From: Arkansas | Registered: Sep 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Study
Advanced Member
Member # 3991

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Study   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I have no Ideal if they are Christian or not.

My question is why didn’t they announce this before the election and I notice Washington went on high alert soon after the election was over.

What do they know that we don’t know? Why are they jumping ship?

We better start praying real hard!

--------------------

Posts: 364 | From: NJ | Registered: Oct 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Bat Elohim
Advanced Member
Member # 3739

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Bat Elohim   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
these people that are leaving... are they christians, non-christians? anyone know? I know nothing about politics.

--------------------
Numbers 6:24 May ADONAI bless you and keep you. 25 May ADONAI make his face shine on you and show you his favor. 26 May ADONAI lift up his face toward you and give you peace.

Posts: 704 | From: Louisiana | Registered: Aug 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
MentorsRiddle
Advanced Member
Member # 2108

Icon 1 posted      Profile for MentorsRiddle     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
My thought is something is about to happen that they do not want to have any part of. Not sure what that might be. But that is the first thought that ran through my mind.

--------------------
With you I rise,
In you I sleep,
kneeling down I kiss your feet,
Grace abounds upon me now,
I once was lost
but now I'm found.
The gift of God dwells within,
To this love I now give in.

Posts: 1337 | From: Arkansas | Registered: Sep 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Ripp
unregistered

Icon 16 posted            Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Very interesting. Although some cabinet members usually leave after terms, this one I didn't expect. Is it possible that there is inside information leading them to do this? [Confused]
IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Study
Advanced Member
Member # 3991

Is the Bush Cabinet falling apart?

Colin Powell has submitted his resignation and four others are expected to submitt resignation.

--------------------

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Christian Message Board | Privacy Statement