Christian Chat Network

This version of the message boards has closed.
Please click below to go to the new Christian BBS website.

New Message Boards - Click Here

You can still search for the old message here.

Christian Message Boards

| | search | faq | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Christian Message Boards   » Bible Studies   » The Christian News   » Kerry Calls Bush to Concede Election

Author Topic: Kerry Calls Bush to Concede Election
RioLion
unregistered

Icon 12 posted            Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Thank you for the small lecture on the history of the Christain church. We should really require those that are Christians to read Philip Schaff's 'History of the Christian Church', then we could all be on the same sheet of music.

Much of what one views today really depends upon ones interpretation of history and whose history you wish to read. And that is where many of the problems lie. If you were a graduate from a Roman Catholic seminary, then your view of history will conform pretty much according to the Roman Catholic church (we all know that Christ established the church upon Peter who then passed his authority downward to the bishops of Rome guaranteeing them immunity from error, lol), whereas if our schooling is form a non-Catholic school, then a much different version and thus a much different interpretation of history. [Big Grin]

IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
helpforhomeschoolers
Advanced Member
Member # 15

Icon 1 posted      Profile for helpforhomeschoolers   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Hi NRA4Freedom:

It is not my intention to insite a riot here; but in order to agree with Sojourn's statement and your support of it, I would have to agree that Because Constantine had declared Christianity to be the offical religion of the Roman Empire that the Roman Empire had somehow become the church. I do not believe this.

If we believe Daniel's Statute and the scripture to be correct, there will only be 4 empires that will rule Jerusalem and the world before Christ topples them all in one fell swoop and establishes and unending kingdom. We know that ROME is that final kingdom. Will Christ topple his church? Then Rome cannot be the church. And Rome's emporor can not be the head of the church.

When the Roman Empire divided into East and WEST; the Emporor in the East was the head of the church. In 455 AD the emporor in the West of the Roman Empire Valentinian III may have recognized Pope Leo I as supreme over the church, but I hardly think Christ did. Then in 494 AD Gelasius took that a step further and declared the POPE supreme ruler over all Bishops.

The scripture says that Christ is the head of the church...

Ephesians 5:23 For the husband is the head of the wife, even as Christ is the head of the church: and he is the saviour of the body.

Christ is the Bishop over all Bishops as all Bishops are Sheep...

1 Peter 2:25 For ye were as sheep going astray; but are now returned unto the Shepherd and Bishop of your souls.

The truth is that Constine's motivations for claiming Christianity were as much militarial as anything. He sought to solidify an empire that was falling apart.

In Rome the Emporor became the head of the church and the persecuted became the persecutors.

Constantine's plan to save Rome failed. It is no wonder if you think about the fact that it is God that sets kings upon the throne and unseats them. Rome became Christendom, The Holy Roman Empire and not the church.

Empirical Rome became Papal Rome, the world entered the dark ages. The distortion of Christianity continued.

Many of those who were the church... that is to say the apostolc church were killed by the Roman Church. The Jews, you know the decendents of Abraham to whose good olive tree we the church are grafted into... they were murdered too. They were afterall the killers who murdered Christ.

Mohammad is born in 570 AD and by the time he is 40 claims to be the last of the great prophets including Jesus, but he was rejected in Mecca the city of his birth and so he fled to Medina.

There he was accepted by most all, but not by the Jews.

The first Jihad would occur there because the Jews joined with the people from Mecca to attack Medina.

Mohammad was a great warrior and by his death in 632 AD most all of Arabia had submitted to Islam. Mohammad's successors the Caliphs led Arab Muslims in holy wars to conquer most of the middle east, but not Asia Minor.

In the Eastern Roman Empire (Byzantine) there had been a long series of wars with Persia and both were weak. Syria and Egypt wanted to be ruled by someone other than Byzantine. The advancement westward was halted at Constantinople or else all Europe might have been conqueered.

Still by 750 AD the Arab Muslim Empire had grown to include all of Persia, Arabia, Egypt, northern Africa, Spain, and Syria. Including Jerusalem and Damascus. But the Seljuk Turks had been right behind them taking all of Persia including Bagdhad and now by the end of the 10th century the Arab Muslim Empire had failed. Now individual Muslim kings ruled the territory.

In 1054 Eastern Roman(Byzantine) Church at Constantinople after many years of disagreent with Rome over the doctrine, particularly related to the trinity, which the eastern church felt Rome was destroying and to the use of unleavened bread in the Eucharist, and the refusal of the Eastern church to be governed by the Pope in Rome, the Roman Church split East and West,Just as had the Roman Empire. The Eastern church became the Eastern Orthodox Church.

In 1071 the seljuk Turks conquered Asia Minor and with it many eastern orthodox Christians. For hundreds of years pilgrimages to the Holy land had been permitted by the Arab Muslims.

The the Seljuk Turks who had converted to Islam were much more fanatical and they persecuted Roman Christians both eastern and western traveling to the Holy Land. Much like the Huns in the ruthlessnes of their warfare they had penetrated far into the West controlled much of the Near East. With Persia in their control they presented a truly frigtening face "Moslem Huns," or Mongol jihaders. The Byzantines were in grave distress.

In 1095 the Roman Emperor Alexius Comnenus asked Pope Urban II for help.

You will not that from 1071 to 1095, the Eastern Roman Empire was under Turkish Muslim Opression, and no help was offered.

But Pope Urban saw this as a way to regain control over the Eastern Orthodox Church and so he rallied support in western europe by promoting the re-capture of the Holy Land from the Muslims and he even went so far as to promote crusading as a means of attaining salvation.

In giving knights a holy vocation and calling them "the vassals of Christ," Urban II granted those who joined his crusade an indulgence, the forgiveness of all prior sins, instead of paying penance for murder, killing could bring salvation as long as the person slain was Muslim.

In a spell-binding speech to the French knights, Urban II challenged them to fight for Rome and take back "the land of milk and honey". He recounted the carnage against their fellow Christians, citing reports sent to him by Alexius Comnenus and challnged them to fight "for the remission of your sins, with the assurance of imperishable glory."

The crowds chanted Deus le vult! Deus le vult!" ("God wills it! God wills it!")

The crusades though unsuccesful lasted some 200 years. In 1453 the Ottoman Turks led by Mohammad II took Constantinople and ended the Eastern Roman Empire. The Eastern Orthodox Church remains separate from the Roman Church to this day.

The scriptures teach that no none is head of the church but Christ. The bishops are servants of the church, the church being people in Christ. They are not Lords and their Lord is Christ.

Never, ever did Christ say to the disciples go out and take territory of land in my name. The advancement of the church was always and is now and advancement in the territory of the heart of man.

Jesus said the kingdom of God comes not with observation, it is within you. We are citizens of heaven and we live in the kingdoms of man on earth right now.

Daniel's interpretation of Nebuchanezzar's vision of a statute confirms that man not the church, but man will rule until Christ comes and topples the rule of kings and establishes and everlasting kingdom.

If ROME either the HOLY ROMAN EMPIRE or Papal Rome had been HIS Kingdom, he would not be toppling it to establish an everlasting one.

The church of the apostles never sought to topple the cesars or the claudian or the flavian emporors; they gave their lives to uphold Christ and HIS gospel in the face of persecution.

There is no scriptural support for the declaration of an earthly kingdom of "Christians" by anyone but Christ and Constantine was not Christ!

Yet, Constantine did just that. He declared this Kingdom (ROME) is a Christian Kingdom and the Emporor of this Kingdom (ROME) the supreme leader of the church of Jesus Christ.

For me that is BLASPHEMY!!!!!!
It is BLASPHEMY of the greatest kind!!!!!!

Papal Rome today is the decendant of that blasphemy. It is a perversion of Christianity and not Christianity.

The trouble is we dont teach history any more. We would be outraged today, I would pray we would that is, if a pastor stood up in the congregation and said kill the Palestinians and take back Jerusalem and I shall forgive you your sins.

That is what the Roman Church did!

People will answer so what, today things are different. Can't we not live in the middle ages.

But I will say to you, can we forget the slaughter of Jews under Hilter's Germany?
NO!
Why? because if we allow the memory of that horror to slip from our minds and to become the middle ages in our minds, you can believe there will be another Hitler's Germany!

The same is true in the church. To this day the Roman church claims that they are THE Church.

Today, the pagans and the heathen and much of the east will say look at what Christianity did to the Muslims... look at what the church did to the Muslims.

People who know what happend in the 11th Century will tell you they want no part of Christianity because they see the horrible wrong it was in this time and they believe that this wrong is Christianity.

And to them we must say that was NOT the Church of JESUS CHRIST. This is not Christianity.

It was an impostor.

Posts: 4684 | From: Southern Black Hills of South Dakota | Registered: Jun 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
NRA4Freedom
Community Member
Member # 4052

Icon 1 posted      Profile for NRA4Freedom     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by helpforhomeschoolers:
Sojourn: For the record. What was done in the crusades was done in the name of Christianity, but it was not Christianity.

Not exactly. At the Council of Clermont in 1095 Pope Urban II called upon Christians in Europe to respond to an urgent plea for help from Byzantine Christians in the East. Muslims were threatening to conquer this remnant of the Roman Empire for Allah. The threat was real; most of the Middle East, including the Holy Land where Christ had walked, had already been vanquished. Thus began the era of the Crusades, taken from the Latin word crux or cross. Committed to saving Christianity, the Crusaders left family and jobs to take up the cause. Depending on how one counts (either by the number of actual crusading armies or by the duration of the conflict), there were six Crusades between 1095 and 1270. But the crusading spirit would continue on for centuries, until Islam was no longer a menace to Europe.

http://www.probe.org/docs/crusades.html

Posts: 16 | Registered: Nov 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
helpforhomeschoolers
Advanced Member
Member # 15

Icon 1 posted      Profile for helpforhomeschoolers   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Sojourn is moved on to other places.....
Posts: 4684 | From: Southern Black Hills of South Dakota | Registered: Jun 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Ripp
unregistered

Icon 16 posted            Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Sojourn wrote:
quote:
For one show me scripture in the Koran where it says this.
"Truly Allah loves those who fight in His Cause in battle array, as if they were a solid cemented structure," (Surah 61:4).

"Fight in the cause of Allah those who fight you but do not transgress limits... 191And slay them wherever ye catch them. and turn them out from where they have turned you out; for persecution is worse than slaughter; But fight them not at the sacred Mosque unless they (first) fight you there; But if they fight you, slay them. Such is the reward of those who reject faith. 192 But if they cease, Allah is oft-forgiving, Most Merciful. 193And fight them on until there is no more persecution. And the religion becomes Allah's. But if they cease, Let there be no hostility except to those who practice oppression" (The Qur'an, Surah 2:190-193).

"O ye who believe! what is the matter with you, that, when ye are asked to go forth in the cause of Allah, ye cling heavily to the earth? Do ye prefer the life of this world to the Hereafter? But little is the comfort of this life, as compared with the Hereafter. Unless ye go forth, He will punish you with a grievous penalty, and put others in your place; but Him ye would not harm in the least. For Allah hath power over all things. Unless ye go forth, He will punish you with a grievous penalty, and put others in your place; but Him ye would not harm in the least. For Allah hath power over all things," (Surah 9:38-39).

Clear enough for you?

Sojourn
unregistered

Icon 1 posted            Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
For one show me scripture in the Koran where it says this. Second you say these people know more about the Koran than the Peace loving ones do......I would say they speak the words of the koran into literal fundamentalism. Just as christians often do. You said they just want to convert everyone to Islam, so do christians.
Don't get me start on the inconsistencies with the Old Testament. Slavery is ok, there was rampant incest........sooo many other things, but you know what, we stopped those things. They have an "old testament too" which is misinterpretted. And some people take the old testament as law.

When did God ever say hate others?!?! I don't remember that in the bible. Love your enemies, pray for those that persecute you. Love them and heap burning coals upon their head. You don't sound like you love our dear friends in the mideast

Ripp
unregistered

Sojourn wrote:
quote:
exactly my point, people do things under the name of Islam, but that is not Islam!

I'm so shocked that a christian lacks such compassion for the people of the mideast. Judgment is reserved for God.

What are you talking about? Where did I mention Islam, although the Koran mentions killing infidels (us)? I said TERRORISTS. Perhaps you are thinking that? Compassion? Are you insinuating that I like to see women and children die over there? That is a liberal tactic and it won't work. You like to think that way but we don't. Of course we care about the lost lives of the innocent, but we can't let terrorists run around blowing stuff up! We just can't do that.

quote:
They aren't possesed by demons. that non-sense. We all have the ability to be possesed by "demons" whether Christ is in us or not, what you call demons I call addiction, lies, stealing, envy.......Sin always has a chance of entering our lifes, "Satan" doesn't give up after your saved, because you can still fall, just as evil can still be converted. STOP DEMONIZING PEOPLE!!!!!!

No, I'm sorry but you are wrong. Just as Linda posted above, Matthew 7:18 "A good tree cannot bring forth evil fruit, neither can a corrupt tree bring forth good fruit." The Spirit CANNOT indwell us WITH a demon. Sorry, can't happen. And what do you mean stop demonizing people? What do you call Hitler? What do you call these evil terrorists? How can you say they don't have demons? Do you know? They obviously don't have the Spirit in them do they? Are you going to tell me that they are saved?? Yes people can fall, but they CAN'T be possessed WITH the Spirit.

quote:
"Organized Christianity has probably done more to retard the ideals that were its founder's than any other agency in the world." - Richard Le Gallienne (Peter)

Stop reading that junk and read the Bible!

quote:
"What if we chose the wrong religion? We just making God madder and madder every Sunday."
Homer J. Simpson.

Darth Vader and Homer Simpson? What are you doing? Are you trying to mock us here? This is a Christian BBS, not a teen chat area.

quote:
Should good works be seen?
Matt. 5:16 Let your light so shine before men, that they may see your good works. (I Peter 2:12)

Are these terrorists doing good works?

quote:
Shall we make Graven images?
Ex. 20:4. Thou shalt not make unto thee any graven image, or any likeness of anything that is in heaven...earth...water. (Lev. 26:1)

What are you inferring here? Whose making idols? You are confused!

quote:
Psa. 145:9. The Lord is good to all. (Deut. 32:4; James 1:13)
And??

"For I say to you, that unless your righteousness exceeds the righteousness of the scribes and Pharisees, you will by no means enter the kingdom of heaven." [Matthew 5:20]

quote:
Is. 45:7 I make peace and create evil. I the Lord do all these things. (Lam 3:38; Jer. 18:11; Ezek. 20:25)

What version is this?!

"I form light and create darkness, I make weal and create woe; I the Lord do all these things." [Isaiah 45:7]
As Linda said, Adam created evil, God gave us the free will to choose.

quote:
"Why do born-again people so often make you wish they'd never been born the first time?" - Katherine Whitehorn, British Journalist, The Observer, May 20, 1979

Ahh, so we get to the heart of the matter. My friend, you need to accept Jesus and soon.

Jesus said to him, "I am the way, the truth, and the life. No one comes to the Father except through Me. [John 14:6]

I sincerely hope that you find Jesus soon. He can save you. Put your trust in Him.

quote:
I could never be a Satanist because I could never follow a belief system with its roots in the Bible.
(Joe Christ)

What you are reading is corrupting your mind. Please pick up the Bible, I beg you.

I will pray for you. Time is short. Accept Jesus as your Savior. He is THE way, He is the ONLY way. [Prayer]

helpforhomeschoolers
Advanced Member
Member # 15

What things do you think people are doing under Islam that are not Islam????

If you read the Koran, you will find that the so called "fundamentalist" or "etremeist" in Islam know much more about Islam than do those who preach it is a religion of peace. It is not. Islam is neither a religion of tollerance. Islam must convert the world to Islam or exterminate those who will not convert or they are themselves being unfaithful to Allah. That is the truth written in the Koran.

helpforhomeschoolers
Advanced Member
Member # 15

Sojourn: For the record. What was done in the crusades was done in the name of Christianity, but it was not Christianity. I can call myself a Christian and go out and try to exterminate any and all that are not of Arian blood, but that is not Christian, no matter what you chose to call yourself. Jesus said there would be many who worked in his name and called him Lord Lord, and to whom He would answer "I NEVER KNEW YOU."

PS: You are right GOD did not create a truly evil people. Sin did. GOD created a people in HIS image and they died yet they still lived and then they procreated and all their children were broken and so their children's children. Sin entered the world by one man .... Adam. Freedom from Sin by ONE Man Jesus.

Luke 18:19 And Jesus said unto him, Why callest thou me good? none is good, save one, that is, God.

Matthew 7:18 A good tree cannot bring forth evil fruit, neither can a corrupt tree bring forth good fruit.

Ripp
unregistered

Sojourn wrote:
quote:
God did not create truely evil people. there is no such thing. Even in star wars Darth Vader was evil, but still had a good side and helped Luke Skywalker win.
Are you kidding me? Darth Vader? Wha?

quote:
"Satan" was an ANGEL, therefore he was once pure good.
Correct, now he is pure evil...

quote:
Humans have both evil and good in them at all times.
Nope, once you accept Jesus Christ as your savior you have the Spirit in you. Can you sin? Yes, but you can't be possessed by a demon with the Spirit in you. If you haven't accepted Jesus as your Savior, all bets are off. Hence, the evil we see around the world.

quote:
No one can be purely evil because they will eventually do good on accident, same thing with us being good but going bad things on accident.
So what's your point? Should we let evil lunatics who want to destroy us run around? Should we have let Hitler walk? Should we let Osama go to plan more attacks? What in the...

You even said this in another post!
quote:
Palestinians are not evil, a select few are. The Muslim world is not evil, though there are some extremist who are.
quote:
HUMANS ARE EQUAL.
Well yes and no. If you don't have Jesus as your Savior, you will be judged differently. He loves all of us the same, but not all of us will spend eternity with Him.

quote:
is this hard to understand. I'm 22 and see it.
What you see if flawed. I hope that you can come to the truth soon. In the mean time, I suggest reading the Bible as much as possible. Matthew would be a good book to start with.

God bless. [Prayer]

Sojourn
unregistered

Did you forget about the Spanish Inquisition? Where The Church slaughetered and tortured then of thousands of people in the name of God.

In 1122 Christian crusaders swept over Jerusalem and slaughtered men, women and children, 'until their horses were knee deep in blood. We then went to the church to thank the Lord for his mercy.'

In 777 , Charlemagne, a devout Christian, after conquering the Saxon rebels, gave them a choice between baptism and execution. When they refused to convert, he had 4500 of them beheaded in one morning.

In the fourth century, Emporor Constantine, the first Roman Emperor to become a Christian, had over 3000 Christians executed because their interpretation of the Bible did not agree with his. That is more than the number of Christians who died at the hands of the Romans during the well known 1st century "Christians to the lions" persecutions.

Do catholic Priests think they are doing the will of God when they molest little boys?

Religion Misunderstood is POISON!

ITS NOT JUST THE MIDDLE EAST.

God did not create truely evil people. there is no such thing. Even in star wars Darth Vader was evil, but still had a good side and helped Luke Skywalker win.

"Satan" was an ANGEL, therefore he was once pure good.
Humans have both evil and good in them at all times. No one can be purely evil because they will eventually do good on accident, same thing with us being good but going bad things on accident. HUMANS ARE EQUAL. is this hard to understand. I'm 22 and see it.

Ripp
unregistered

Sojourn wrote:
quote:
I posted this before but I think people need to read it again cause they are missing the point

One of the greatest risks in taking up arms against evil is to mistake the battle for something that must be fought on a human level, between opposing camps of "good" people and "evil" ones. We may speak of God and the church in contrast to Satan and the world, but the reality is that the dividing line between good and evil runs through every human heart. And who are we to judge anyone but ourselves!

One of the Greatest hindrances to peace is our inability to be silent.

-Johann Christoph Arnold

Thats why I don't consider myself above ANYONE. I have the ability to be as evil as everyone else, so what makes me better. because your a Christian? Jesus hung out with prostitutes and theives.......STOP POINTING FINGERS ON EVIL. ALL OF US. Including myself.

We're not talking about tax collectors here bud, we are talking about cold-hearted ruthless evil murderers who want US ALL DEAD. Wake up and take off the blinders. You will never be able to make peace with them. Ugh, I mean come on! These guys flew planes into our buildings in the name of Allah! They think they have virgins waiting for them. IT IS AN HONOR FOR THEM TO KILL US! Their religious beliefs TELL THEM to kill us! What is so difficult to understand?!

Oh man, come soon Lord! I want off this rock! [Prayer]

Ripp
unregistered

Well, at least we can see why your posts are the way they are.

Sojourn wrote:
quote:
Neither do I consider myself above terrorists, or people of the mid east.
See that's the problem. When you see evil terrorists as your equal, you can't fight them. Instead, you see God-fearing Christians as your enemy because you are thinking like a terrorist. It might be a good time to find Jesus and repent.

I will pray for you. [Prayer]

NRA4Freedom
Community Member
Member # 4052

Icon 1 posted      Profile for NRA4Freedom     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Sojourn:
why does it matter?? Bush may have one more counties, but in alot of states the population of the state is centered around three counties rather than the other 108 where only woods people and hillbillies live and thats where bush won those 5 votes which let him win those counties.

the popular vote should the true count for who should win, gore won the popular vote which means more people wanted gore so therefore our country felt bush should not have been president the first time.

50,996,116 Gore
50,456,169 Bush

This time he won the popular vote
59,459,765 bush 51%
55,949,407 kerry 48%

no map needed.

obviously 51% and 48% means our country is still divided, and 55,949,407 are very unhappy with how things turned out

That's nice, but the Founders were wise enough to know what would eventually happen in a true "democracy". So, we live in a Republic instead. It works better than anything else other Nations in the world have to offer.
Posts: 16 | Registered: Nov 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Sojourn
unregistered

No I don't consider myself above. Neither do I consider myself above terrorists, or people of the mid east. We are all equal. I joke about hillbillies because I'm from the south. Hillbillies is a mind set not a group of people. My grandparents are mennonite, a watered down version of amish. Simplicity is the key to life, but at the doorstep of simplicity is ignorance.

And what truth am I not wanting to accept?!?!

Favor Minded
unregistered

Ahh, a prejudiced sarcastic individual. Young too I'll bet...

Interesting -

So, you consider yourself somehow above "Woods People" and "Hillbillies" ????

Sojourn
unregistered

I wouldn't say dislike.......wait, yeah, I would [Smile]

what truth is difficult to accept?

Favor Minded
unregistered

One could gather prejudice and dislike for "woods People and Hillbillies?"

The truth is sometimes difficult to accept, eh?

Sojourn
unregistered

why does it matter?? Bush may have one more counties, but in alot of states the population of the state is centered around three counties rather than the other 108 where only woods people and hillbillies live and thats where bush won those 5 votes which let him win those counties.

the popular vote should the true count for who should win, gore won the popular vote which means more people wanted gore so therefore our country felt bush should not have been president the first time.

50,996,116 Gore
50,456,169 Bush

This time he won the popular vote
59,459,765 bush 51%
55,949,407 kerry 48%

no map needed.

obviously 51% and 48% means our country is still divided, and 55,949,407 are very unhappy with how things turned out

NRA4Freedom
Community Member
Member # 4052

quote:
Originally posted by Favor Minded:
The grays were unable to get accurate info -

Well, once they get them all counted, I'd love to get a large .jpg of that map that shows exact county by county outcomes. I know that in Illinois, Bush won 87 of 102 counties, and still lost the State.
Favor Minded
unregistered

The grays were unable to get accurate info -
Ripp
unregistered

As soon as we convert the rest of you blue people, our master plan for red the people to rule the country will be complete! MUHAHAHAHA.
 - [pound]

Favor Minded
unregistered

No, there are not.

The bible is VERY black and White -

Jesus said HIS church would stand, and NO OTHER!

Pretty black and white - With the word there is no wishy washy maybe yes, maybe no -

And just because you do not agree with something doe snot make it stupid - It is fact - And facts speak for themselves....

Sojourn
unregistered

that map is STUPID

Your saying EVERONE in red voted republican NO a s s.

He may have won those counties, but did you look at the difference between the popular vote, not that much difference.
THATS why I say this country is divided.

And no I'm not a democrat, I'm a non-party person who looks at both sides. The world is not black and white. there are more answers in this world than yes or no.

NRA4Freedom
Community Member
Member # 4052

quote:
Originally posted by Favor Minded:

The country IS NOT all that divided...

Red voted Republican
Blue voted Democrat

-

What are the gray areas in the map?
Favor Minded
unregistered

The country IS NOT all that divided...

Red voted Republican
Blue voted Democrat

-

NRA4Freedom
Community Member
Member # 4052

quote:
I realize checks and balances refers to the 3 branches, but when all 3 are runned by the people who have the same views theres no balance.

With our country so closely divided, they were elected by the people but it being so close it doesn't truly represent the true majority.

And when an official wins its usually becuase his name is out in the media more. Chuck Schumer ran HELLA ads against some other guy. I think more people voted for him based on the amount of money he had backing him and how much campaigning he was allowed to do.
so you can't really say this is a true democracy when it is in large part based on how much money you have to campaign and how much rhetoric you can shell out. Because politicians say what the people what the people want to hear not what we really need.

I don't think the Country is ALL that divided. I know a few people that voted for Kerry just because they ARE Democrats, and none of them believes in the homosexual agenda or abortion on demand. They just don't want to realize that by voting with the Democrat Party, that's what they are "standing for", whether they intend to or not.

Fact is, lots of "union" people vote Democrat for one reason only, because the democrat pushing union leaders have them convinced that somehow, magically, the Democrats are going to reach in to the rich bosses pockets and give some of his money to them. It's a lie. They are going to reach in his pocket all right, but they won't see any of it. And in fact, they will lose money by voting to take money from the boss or company owner, because when he has less, that's less likely he is going to be willing to be to increase their wages and benefits when the time comes. So, they foolishly follow the instructions of the union leader liars, and in the long run, do nothing but hurt themselves.

Next fact is, lots of people are "Kennedy" Democrats, and they vote the way they do more or less in "honor" of the Democrat Party as it was in those days. Most of them don't even begin to realize that the Democrat party they remember, has been virtually taken over by various people with morally bankrupt agendas. But they have always voted Democrat, and they probably will till they die, cause that's just the way it is.

Other people vote Democrat because they have bought in to the class warfare lie that the Democrats like to dangle out there every election. They go and vote Democrat because they really don't like those awful evil "rich" people, and they are just foolish enough to believe that the Democrat party is the party of the working man and the Republicans are the party of the "rich".

I'd wager that IF America had an "election" or a vote on, say, homosexual marriage, that the VAST majority of Democrats and Republicans would come out in droves against it. Possibly the same with abortion, abortion on demand and partial birth abortion anyway.

We aren't all that "divided", it's just that a great many people walking in and voting Democrat are very, very, confused and mistaken.

Sojourn
unregistered

I realize checks and balances refers to the 3 branches, but when all 3 are runned by the people who have the same views theres no balance.

With our country so closely divided, they were elected by the people but it being so close it doesn't truly represent the true majority.

And when an official wins its usually becuase his name is out in the media more. Chuck Schumer ran HELLA ads against some other guy. I think more people voted for him based on the amount of money he had backing him and how much campaigning he was allowed to do.
so you can't really say this is a true democracy when it is in large part based on how much money you have to campaign and how much rhetoric you can shell out. Because politicians say what the people what the people want to hear not what we really need.

NRA4Freedom
Community Member
Member # 4052

quote:
All I can say is there was something we valued in this counry called "Checks and Balances" now we don't have that. By all definition now, this is a totalitarian government.

I don't believe so. All the government officials in office right now are duly elected by the people, just as it was meant to be. There was never any notion that some "should" be from one party while some "should" be from another, those that are elected, serve.

The "checks and balances" have to do with the 3 branches of government, not the people serving in them's party affiliation.

Sojourn
unregistered

All I can say is there was something we valued in this counry called "Checks and Balances" now we don't have that. By all definition now, this is a totalitarian government.
rancan6776
Advanced Member
Member # 3943

Icon 1 posted      Profile for rancan6776     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Tyme,

you can say whatever you want about Reagan not needing this or that but please tell me that you do realize that he didnt have to put up with near as many left wing extremists in Washington. There were a lot more conservative dems back then. [Wink]

Posts: 52 | From: east texas | Registered: Oct 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Tyme
Advanced Member
Member # 3017

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Tyme     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Nope.

as I aid before.

I am at ease, God will put in office, who God wants in Office. I am content with that.

However,He;s not even offically "Started" his term, and excuses are popping up.

Did Reagan need 60 Republicans? Did Clinton Need 60 Democrats?

Nope!

Why should Bush Jr?

Stop making Excuses, and start looking for results.

I'd do no less for Kerry if He won.

Tyme.

--------------------
I dream of a world.......

Posts: 527 | From: United States | Registered: Mar 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Ripp
unregistered

Are we having election day withdrawals Tyme? Try taking more Pepcid AC. [Wink]
Tyme
Advanced Member
Member # 3017

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Tyme     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by David:
Well may be the democrates want block everything he tries to do this 4 years.

It is hard to do anything with your hands tied.

[type]

I have heard this before.

If all your going to do is make excuses for the man, why the heck did you vote for him? If's he's incapable, or incompetent to complete anything, what's the point of even trying to keep him in office?

Why not just vote for "Moses"

Tyme.

--------------------

Posts: 527 | From: United States | Registered: Mar 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Tyme
Advanced Member
Member # 3017

H4HS

1988, with Ronald Reagan, who not only had a majority of the Congress under Republican Control, he also had a following of what was called "Reagan Democrats"

Talk about one of Americas great leaders, Truly Reagan was a man to admire, sadly, the republican party has had no new shining stars like him since 1988. If they did, I might have voted for someone other then Kerry.

Tyme.

--------------------

Ripp
unregistered

Betty,

Supreme court justices have to retire before he can elect new ones. 2-3 will probably be retiring in the next 4 years.

There are MANY other judges that the liberals have filibustered. That is why this election was so important. [Smile]

helpforhomeschoolers
Advanced Member
Member # 15

Yes, but this time, we are going to have a republican lead house and senate. I find that very encouraging. I am just curious if anyone knows the last time that has happened?
KnowHim
Admin
Member # 1

Icon 1 posted      Profile for KnowHim   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Well may be the democrates want block everything he tries to do this 4 years.

It is hard to do anything with your hands tied.

[type]

Posts: 3276 | From: Charlestown, IN | Registered: Jun 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
TEXASGRANDMA
Advanced Member
Member # 847

Icon 18 posted      Profile for TEXASGRANDMA     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Bro. Ripp,
I would be surprised to see any changes. I did vote for President Bush the first time and had high hopes for our Country. But there was little sucess. But all that aside I will stand behind him and pray for him because that is my responsability as a citizen and a Christian

--------------------
Luk 21:28 And when these things begin to come to pass, then look up, and lift up your heads; for your redemption draweth nigh.
http://www.indieheaven.com/artists/mm (son-in-law)http://www.myspace.com/mireles

Posts: 4985 | From: Washington State | Registered: Jan 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Ripp
unregistered

Praise God! [Prayer]

I guess they can't ignore the Christian voice anymore. Now maybe we can get some sanity back into our courthouses... [Prayer]

TEXASGRANDMA
Advanced Member
Member # 847

Icon 1 posted      Profile for TEXASGRANDMA     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I voted for Kerry, everyone knows that. But more important that my vote, I prayed God's will. As, I told my hubby who is such a unhappy camper this morning , (we are union Texas democrates) that we needed God's will for our Country. We have it and now we need to pray for our President. It is time to move on and seek God to move in our Country. It is time to put aside issues and stand behind our President.

--------------------
Luk 21:28 And when these things begin to come to pass, then look up, and lift up your heads; for your redemption draweth nigh.
http://www.indieheaven.com/artists/mm (son-in-law)http://www.myspace.com/mireles

Posts: 4985 | From: Washington State | Registered: Jan 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
helpforhomeschoolers
Advanced Member
Member # 15

[clap2] [clap2] Hello from the Republican State of South Dakota [clap2] [clap2]

We only have 3 electoral votes here, but they go to Bush with 60% of the popular vote!

I was even more proud today to be a South Dakotan, where the voters put our conservative family values above prestige and ear-mark priviledge dollars and unseated Tom Daschle!!! [clap2] [clap2] [clap2]

GOD is Good and has heard our prayers in South Dakota that liberalism not reign over his faithful few.

KnowHim
Admin
Member # 1

Icon 14 posted      Profile for KnowHim   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Kerry Calls Bush to Concede Election

2 minutes ago Top Stories - AP

By CALVIN WOODWARD and RON FOURNIER, Associated Press Writers

WASHINGTON - President Bush (news - web sites) won a second term from a divided and anxious nation,

Read on.... Click Here

-

[clap2] [thumbsup2]

--------------------
Video Tracts
Christian Media
LiveTracts
Friend Me On Facebook
Evangelism TackleBox

Posts: 3276 | From: Charlestown, IN | Registered: Jun 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Christian Message Board | Privacy Statement