Christian Chat Network

This version of the message boards has closed.
Please click below to go to the new Christian BBS website.

New Message Boards - Click Here

You can still search for the old message here.

Christian Message Boards

| | search | faq | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Christian Message Boards   » Bible Studies   » The Christian News   » The Global Test

Author Topic: The Global Test
LaurieFL
Advanced Member
Member # 3794

Icon 1 posted      Profile for LaurieFL     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Sorry I didn't respond. I found it informative and to just reinforce the fact that John Kerry makes me nervous. I have no conficdence in him as a leader. He seems to me to be the type of guy who won't stand for anything, and will thus fall for anything. He is a flippety-floppety man!

[hug]

Posts: 700 | Registered: Aug 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Ripp
unregistered

Icon 16 posted            Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Ha, well I put some study time into this post, was hoping to get a few responses out of it. Oh well hehe.
IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Tyme
Advanced Member
Member # 3017

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Tyme     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
"Hi Ripp"

(See your not unloved)

Tyme.

--------------------
I dream of a world.......

Posts: 527 | From: United States | Registered: Mar 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Ripp
unregistered

-

Not even negative comments?  -

Ripp
unregistered

We have heard about the 'Global Test' from Senator Kerry in this campaign. I thought I might check his score on the 'Global Test' in 1990.

quote:
Feb 18, 1970: “I’m an internationalist. “I’d like to see our troops dispersed through the world only at the directive of the United Nations.”
He wanted “to almost eliminate CIA activity." The Harvard Crimson
web page

So we see the early beginnings of his belief in the 'World Order' in 1970.

quote:
"But if and when you do it, Jim, you have to do it in a way that passes the test, that passes the global test where your countrymen, your people understand fully why you're doing what you're doing and you can prove to the world that you did it for legitimate reasons." - John Kerry, this years debates.
We can see here that he intends to pass any attempt at military action to the UN or EU or whoever gives out the 'Global Tests' for approval. So, in order to move in any military operations, we have to have the majority(all?) of nations backing us.

The coalition of the 1990-1991 Gulf War consisted of:

Afghanistan, Argentina, Australia, Bahrain, Bangladesh, Belgium, Canada, Czechoslovakia, Denmark, Egypt, France, Germany, Greece, Hungary, Honduras, Italy, Kuwait, Morocco, The Netherlands, New Zealand, Niger, Norway, Oman, Pakistan, Poland, Portugal, Qatar, Saudi Arabia, Senegal, South Korea, Spain, Syria Turkey, The United Arab Emirates, The United Kingdom, and the United States.

The war also was financed by countries that were unable to send in troops. More than billion were pledged and received. Saudi Arabia and Kuwait were the largest donors. Switzerland also contributed to the allies, this after being neutral during both World War I and World War II.
web page

Now, that's a pretty strong coalition wouldn't you say? Even countries in the Middle East such as, Syria and Saudi Arabia were involved.

Let's take a look at how John Kerry voted for the 1990 Iraq Gulf War :
quote:
Senator John Forbes Kerry voted NO .

Vote on the passage of a joint resolution to permit military force in Iraq under specific Congressional instructions.

web page

So, it seems Senator Kerry failed the 'Global Test', unless he thinks we need the entire globe to 'vote' for our country's defense or other military actions. If he failed the 'Global Test' back then, with almost the entire world supporting us, how can we trust him to take ANY kind of military action in the future? [Prayer]

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Christian Message Board | Privacy Statement