Christian Chat Network

This version of the message boards has closed.
Please click below to go to the new Christian BBS website.

New Message Boards - Click Here

You can still search for the old message here.

Christian Message Boards

| | search | faq | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Christian Message Boards   » Bible Studies   » The Christian News   » Voting for Kerry

Author Topic: Voting for Kerry
DJ-Night
Member # 4076

Icon 1 posted      Profile for DJ-Night     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
simple and pure,

if the government would allow all these things (making it easyer), it would make it that much more tempting for that many more ppl to do things that are "legal" within our worldly law, make note, worldly law, than when it's illigal.

Do we live by another law?, a religious law?, no more, the law has been fullfilled. however, knowing what sin is (an insult to god), should we vote to legalize sins that are currently illigal? (according to the worldly law).

I think not.

hate sin, don't hate the people.

PS

think about your kids, the law says it's ok to do something, therefor it must be alright, and concidering how kids oftentime listen to their parents, i believe you oughta think that through. are we gonna make it easyer to commit more sin, or harder? And therefor giving the enemy either more or less oppurtunity to tempt people with sin?

other than that, gay marriage has never been legal except untill recently in a few states, so your not taking anything away, perhaps you can make an exception for those that are already married so they can keep the rules for them as it is as an exception so to speak.

I think the choice isn't too hard now.

Greets

DJ-Night

Posts: 5 | From: United states of America | Registered: Nov 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
walkmytalk
Community Member
Member # 4060

Icon 1 posted      Profile for walkmytalk   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I just stumbled upon this thread.. and I got sick to my stomach. The Holy Spirit was grieved inside of me.

It hurts me to see fellow believers argue like this, and I can just sense the underlying motive of hate some of you have towards others.

I pray that God opens your eyes to see how fruitful we could be if we put our energy towards using the Word of God for positive things instead of proving each other wrong..

--------------------
"He who dwells in the secret place of the most high shall abide under the shadow of the Almighty" Psalm 91:1

Posts: 8 | From: California | Registered: Nov 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Tyme
Advanced Member
Member # 3017

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Tyme     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
I am honored, a doctored up Photoshop image (perpetuating a lie none the less) in my honor?
Ok, I see the problem, it seem you did not understand what I said, I keep forgetting that you have a problem with that, now that I see my mistake. Let me explain:

Ok, Notice, “Doctored Up”, this means, altered, changed, made out to be something it is not. This, a Doctored up image is a false or fake, or modified image.

Photoshop, is a program that is used to modify images. A fine program to do so.

When someone says that this is a “Photoshop Image” or says “Doctored up” image, or a “Doctored up Photoshop” image. They mean that the image has been modified, not of original origin, or not as it was initially. In some cases it can be used explain funny effects, or abstract images, Etc. But, none the less, the image is not as it was originally. Other terms that might apply to similar situations are CGI, or “Altered Images” as well as a few others.

I think you just did not grasp that, but anyway, God Bless.

Tyme.

--------------------
I dream of a world.......

Posts: 527 | From: United States | Registered: Mar 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Ripp
unregistered

Icon 1 posted            Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Lol, it was a post from another site. Nowhere did I say it was real. You are a real character Tyme lol. [pound]
IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Tyme
Advanced Member
Member # 3017

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Tyme     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Friend.

I have made my choice, and I feel at rest with it. I have no moral crossroads with the choice I have made.

I will cast my vote for the person I feel is best suited to run this country for the next four to eight years. I only suggest you do the same.

If you don’t feel confident in your choice, then I suggest you truly rethink your choice and ask yourself if your voting for who you feel is best, or are you casting yrou vote for who you were told to vote for.

It’s your choice, don’t let anyone else make it for you.

Gods will be Done.

Thank you again Ripp lovely insult. A lie is still a lie, Ripp, even if you think it is a joke, God does not.

Tyme.

--------------------

Posts: 527 | From: United States | Registered: Mar 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Ripp
unregistered

Icon 16 posted            Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Tyme wrote:
quote:
I am honored, a doctored up Photoshop image (perpetuating a lie none the less) in my honor? How nice of you to break one of the ten commandments in a vain hope to belittle a political candidate.(Hint: Exodus 20:16 Bearing false Witness)
Hehe, see that's the problem with you. You'll believe anything. If you believe that was done as the truth instead of poking fun, then you DO need help lol.  -
RioLion
unregistered

Icon 19 posted            Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Tyme, if you vote for Kerry and are a Roman Catholic, all you need to do is to go to confession. I am sure the priest will pronounce the absolution for voting for someone that is pro-choice, pro-homosexual, and pro-everything else that is against traditional christianity. And then you can be on your merry way.

If however, you are simply a Biblical Christian, they you can expect the Holy Spirit to be speaking to you and revealing you the truth. And then you can reflect on 1 John 1:9 "If we confess our sins, he is faithful and just to forgive us our sins, and to cleanse us from all unrighteousness." [pound]

Take care and be careful not to sear your conscience. [pound]

Tyme
Advanced Member
Member # 3017

quote:
Originally posted by antitox
quote:
Originally posted by Ripp:
Tyme,

Seek professional help...PLEASE. [Prayer]

Ripp, I second the motion. [Big Grin]
Thank you Antitox, now that you have thrown your insult in my direction, please feel free to be on your merry way.

I feel honored to have received a mocking from an insignificant individual such as yourself. If you have some how gained a feeling of superiority from your statement, all the better, thank you for passing though.

Ahh Ripp.

I am honored, a doctored up Photoshop image (perpetuating a lie none the less) in my honor? How nice of you to break one of the ten commandments in a vain hope to belittle a political candidate.(Hint: Exodus 20:16 Bearing false Witness)

And the Cut an paste article, I feel special now, all that work just for me?

To receive such persecution form you, is deeply emotional, truly I feel blessed.

How fitting, however, I think of the same line (As well as a few others), when I think of the illusion that the churches prostitute themselves out preaching that G.W. Bush is the champion of the Christian Crusade.

But all such speech is futile. To your deaf ears what worth my words? The answer is nothing, so, wasting my breath on you, is, well a waste of my breath.

Anyway.

Get out and Vote.!

Don’t bye the Hype, don’t fall for the Lies, vote for who you feel is best!
In the end, it’s your vote, don’t let anyone make the choice for you!

God Bless.

Tyme.

--------------------

Ripp
unregistered

quote:
"And for this cause God shall send them strong delusion, that they should believe a lie:" (2nd Thessalonians 2:11)

Most of the time, when examining current events that point toward the coming fulfillment of this prophecy, the main focus falls on either the 'strong delusion' or THE 'lie'.

I emphasize 'THE Lie' because the natural next step is to try and deduce exactly what 'lie' Paul is referring to. All these are specifics of the Tribulation Period. But this isn't the Tribulation Period, so how is it relevant to current events?

Back up a bit in the verse to, "And for this cause. . ." and we are back to the headlines. In context, Paul is talking about the removal of the Restrainer (the Rapture), the revelation of 'that Wicked' (the antichrist) and his method of control (propaganda).

The Rapture has not yet occurred, and we don't know who 'that Wicked' is, but we are already being conditioned to be receptive to propaganda.

How does one become 'conditioned' to propaganda?

Consider the following statement and ask yourself if you agree with it.

"All politicians lie." Odds are that you do. And even if you don't believe that ALL politicians lie, you must certainly believe that MOST do.

Now apply logic to the statement: "All politicians lie, therefore I accept the fact that political preference is merely being deceived by my deceiver of choice."

That is how a nation -- or a planet -- is conditioned to be receptive to propaganda.

Though the Russians, French, Germans and the United Nations are up to their armpits in corruption and theft, (and stained with Iraqi blood in the process) they retain at least a semblance of their moral authority.

We have been conditioned to expect corruption in high places -- so this is just business as usual. Their greatest sin was getting caught.

IAEA head Mohammed el Baradai's effort to influence the election in Kerry's favor by planting the al Qaqaa missing explosives story SHOULD have had the media screaming 'foul' -- especially since it wasn't true.

But not only did the New York Times and CBS News allow themselves to be used as political tools of foreign influence, they continue to defend their story (again) even after it was shot full of holes. But we know they are pro-Kerry propaganda rags, so the outrage is blunted by previous conditioning.

John Kerry continues to trumpet the 'missing explosives' story, hoping to seize on it as the 'October Surprise' that will influence last-minute voters. In 2000, the Bush DUI story broke on the eve of the election, causing a five point drop in his numbers that gave us Election 2000.

The difference between the two is obvious. The DUI story, while more than twenty years old, was true. And Bush admitted it was true.

The al-Qaqaa story is not true. And Kerry knows it isn't true. But he doesn't care -- it might help him win. And neither does the media or Kerry's supporters.

Kerry has made the alleged dishonesty of the Bush administration a centerpiece of his campaign. It was a brilliant manuever, say the pundits. In 2004, being a skillful liar with no qualms about bearing false witness is 'political brilliance'.

Nobody seems to have noted the irony; Kerry switched tactics from his early 'Vietnam hero' plan to 'Bush lied' -- because his Vietnam record proved to be a patchwork of lies, questionable documents and unprovable claims.

When it was finally proved that Kerry lied about being 'seared -- seared' in his memory that he was in Cambodia in Christmas, 1968, the Kerry camp said that maybe it was 'near Cambodia' and maybe 'it was a month or two later'. (Kerry was in Vietnam four months.)

Remember how the media handled it? 'The Kerry campaign has sinced backed off on the Cambodia story.'

In other words, Kerry got caught in a lie, so he is gonna quit telling it, so let's just move on. The best way to move on beyond the fact you got caught in a petty lie is to accuse somebody else of telling a great, big, fat lie.

The media has also gotten caught telling some whoppers, and its response has been to tell more. The media has been censoring anti-Kerry news by either ignoring it or under-reporting it, while it shouts anti-Bush stories from the housetops.

A new study for the non-partisan Project for Excellence in Journalism examined 817 stories produced by six major news outlets; The New York Times, Washington Post, Miami Herald) and the Columbus (Ohio) Dispatch, plus CNN and Fox News.

In the final accounting, 59% of stories that were mainly about Bush told a mainly negative story, while 25% of Kerry stories played out that way. One in three stories about Kerry were positive, one in seven for Bush.

Back to 'this cause' that is responsible for the strong delusion and The Lie.

"And with all deceivableness of unrighteousness in them that perish; because they received not the love of the truth, that they might be saved." (2nd Thessalonians 2:10)

One of the major criticisms launched against the Bush administration is that Bush is too religious. The media takes every opportunity to lampoon Bush's moral compass as evidence of his 'rigid inflexibility' -- I've even seen him described as being blinded by a 'messianic complex'.

Bush's simple accounting of his faith is that he was saved by grace, is sustained by prayer and that Jesus changed his heart. To the crowned heads of Europe, the godless United Nations, and the American liberal left wing, that means, 'not too bright'.

The white-hot hatred of the left for all things Bush is rooted in his expression of faith. It was his expression of faith that the left zeroed in on during Campaign 2000.

Bush's DUI conviction, crowed the left, proved Bush was really a hypocrite. The only segment of the population with whom that charge didn't take root was among genuine Christians.

Boston Globe columnist Jeff Jacoby noted that, in 22 years of following John Kerry's career, the one thing he would never has characterized John Kerry as would be 'religious'.

He writes; "And if at any point during all those years you had asked me whether I thought Kerry was a religious man, I would have answered without hesitation: "No, not at all."

Jacoby was writing in the context of John Kerry's sudden religiousity, his quoting the Bible at every opportunity, referring to himself as a former altar boy, and, Jacoby notes, putting out "on the campaign trail he wears a crucifix and carries a rosary, a prayer book, and a St. Christopher medal.

Propaganda works among those 'who have received not the LOVE of the truth' says the Apostle Paul. Instead, in their hearts is the 'deceivableness of unrighteousness in them that perish'.

God-talk is acceptable from John Kerry BECAUSE the public knows he doesn't really believe it. It is NOT acceptable from George Bush because they know he DOES.

It is for THIS cause that God sends them strong delusion (the removal His Restraining Spirit) that allows them to believe the lie during the Tribulation.

Because they prefer The Lie to the truth.

For those of us awaiting His return, that strong delusion won't work. It can't. That's why the Church can't be on the earth during the Tribulation. That's why a pre-Trib Rapture isn't a 'Great Escape', it is a necessary part of God's Plan for the last days.

"Wherefore comfort one another with these words." (1 Thessalonians 4:18)

web page
Ripp
unregistered

-
TEXASGRANDMA
Advanced Member
Member # 847

Icon 1 posted      Profile for TEXASGRANDMA     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
rancan6776

I read that also. Bush believes that the Church took Israel's place. Bush is wrong. I believe God will hold him responsible for trying to force Isreal to give up their land.

--------------------
Luk 21:28 And when these things begin to come to pass, then look up, and lift up your heads; for your redemption draweth nigh.
http://www.indieheaven.com/artists/mm (son-in-law)http://www.myspace.com/mireles

Posts: 4985 | From: Washington State | Registered: Jan 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
antitox
Advanced Member
Member # 2804

Icon 1 posted      Profile for antitox     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Ripp:
Tyme,

Ripp, I second the motion. [Big Grin]

--------------------
MJB

Posts: 151 | From: Texas | Registered: Feb 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
rancan6776
Advanced Member
Member # 3943

Icon 1 posted      Profile for rancan6776     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
By know means am I a Kerry fan but I have a question about Bush. I keep reading that Bush continues to want to pressure Israel to give up there land for peace. Does He not believe that God gave that land to the Jews. I have read that he believes in the replacement doctrine.

If this is true I can see that He had a big influence on what happened in Israel yesterday.

Posts: 52 | From: east texas | Registered: Oct 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Tyme
Advanced Member
Member # 3017

quote:
Whyte Eagle
Tyme,

I really feel like you're playing a cat and mouse game. I feel foolish for taking the time to address your posts in the "why vote for Bush" thread.

Pity, you feel foolish for your post. For if anyone on this board had a shot at making me change my mind on the subject, it was you. If I have made you feel foolish for presenting your reasons then I am sorry, it was never my intentions, one should always be proud of their reasons, if not, your reasons might not be as sound as you first hoped them to be.

I think however, your blessed that you had the reasons you had, and they were beyond simply “Kerry Bashing”. You have given a great example of what every Christian should have done in that topic from the outset, the jabs at the Democratic party were unwarranted, but, overlookable because some funny.

I would have responded to your posts, but, I started this topic and, well, “Message Boarding” is a time killer.

But I want you to notice something important, I when I stated my few points, I refrained from bashing Bush (Not that I couldn’t, but because I felt it was unnecessary to support my points), I did state what he had done, that I believed was wrong, in some cases, and what was futile. But that was to give insight into how what he did would impact our lives, focusing on the laws and not so much as to demote the man himself.

However, if you will take a moment to notice, that those supporting Bush, have to always Bash Kerry. Funny little world, is it not?

quote:
Your own reasoning for tolerance sounds logical and humanly reasonable. I used to be in that place once upon a time.
Pity, that was "Once upon a time" and not "Still alive in you today"

quote:
If you relagate believing that all life should be protected as a religious belief, then are laws against theft and fraud based on relgious beliefs also?
Speeding is illegal, it is not a Sin.
Premarital Sex is a sin, it is not Illegal.

Laws don’t dictate morality. Laws dictate the desires of the community as a whole for the betterment of that society (or at least that is what are supposed to do ideally)

You can prove with out the need of religion when someone took something with out your approval, that you paid for with a government issued bond note to a vendor, by the existing laws make you the sole owner of said product, unless you have entered an agreement to state otherwise.

However:

The PETA, could argue that a Human life is not more important then a Cow, and what do you have to prove them wrong?

So, in fact, we can concede the point that it is not all life but only the life we feel is important. This importance scale is based on?

To the Hindus, we are the most barbaric murders the world has ever seen, we are worse then cannibals to some of them, and to us, it’s only a “Big Mac”

By the Hindu religion, the Cow is more important then the human, can you prove them wrong, and how and why?

Now, I find this last bit funny, is that the abortion doctors need to protect themselves from the “Followers of Christ” that feel “Murder is Wrong” and “all life should be protected”, because these people will try to kill them.

quote:
I believe that an aborted child goes straight to God. I also believe Satan uses that abortion to torment the woman who had one, and her soul is the one that's in danger. Her soul and all who are close to her. Not because of that sin of abortion, as God will forgive. But that sin of abortion puts her under such heavy oppression by Satan, she will feel that there in no redemption for her.
Fascinating belief there Whyte Eagle, now, that you have said that and I can respect this view completely, I need to ask, what have you done to change that image and feeling for her? How have you shown her she can overcome Satan’s hold in her life?

quote:
Tyme we do have to stand in Love for righteousness. Yes we accept the people as they are and pray, but we still need to stand for truth.
And, I have said anything against truth? Accept people as they are, Love them, and show them the truth. I see, nor should anyone see a problem with that. (Just make sure you have the truth however, and not just your perception of the evidence)

quote:
Where is scripture does Jesus teach Tolerance as in the the current definition of tolerance?

The tolerance of today demands that one accept people totally no matter what they do

I have no idea what you are talking about:

Tolerance:
  • The capacity for or the practice of recognizing and respecting the beliefs or practices of others.
  • The capacity to endure hardship or pain.
  • The capacity to absorb a drug continuously or in large doses without adverse effect; diminution in the response to a drug after prolonged use.
  • Unresponsiveness to an antigen that normally produces an immunological reaction
  • The ability of an organism to resist or survive infection by a parasitic or pathogenic organism.
  • The endurance of the presence or actions of objectionable persons, or of the expression of offensive opinions; toleration.
I would have to say, Jesus teaches us to be tolerant, maybe not in all these ways, as I am sure the bible allows for allergic reactions to things, but, I can find the verses if you that support most of these points.
Now I have no idea what you mean when you say:
quote:
Tolerance means one will have to give up their beliefs and act as if things that are immoral are morally OK.
I have never seen this requested. I have no idea what you are talking about. I would like to ask when you have been requested to “Give up your belief”.
Tyme.

(Ill rely to your other points later)

P.S.
380 tons were looted, while we are attacking Iraq, (It was not Looted when Sadam was in Power) during Looting that we could not control, because Bush failed to take heed to what a military General Suggested he Do, and that was provided enough troops. So, Yes, that is Bushes fault for not having the troops ready to handle the situation. It’s called bad Judgment.

As for the Timing of the Explosives Story, how is that different then the showing of the “Stolen Honor” movie. Oh right, it’s your candidate, who can do no wrong. Silly Me.
Yes, We get it Ripp, You hate Kerry, Blah, Blah, Blah.

--------------------

Ripp
unregistered

Eagle wrote:
quote:
Just in the news yesterday: the 380 tons of explosives "missing" from Iraq. Kerry is still saying today that it's Bush's fault. In spite of NBC news pointing out the explosives were gone when our troops arrived in Bagdad in April 2003.
Agreed, check out this one:
quote:
60 MINS PLANNED BUSH MISSING EXPLOSIVES STORY FOR ELECTION EVE
web page

Sick, sick world...  -

WhiteEagle
Advanced Member
Member # 3728

Icon 1 posted      Profile for WhiteEagle     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Just one more thought:

Daniel 12:4 "But you Daniel keep these words secret and seal up the book until the time of the end. Many will roam about and knowledge will increase."

We're in the Information AGE. How many times have we heard that from the secular world?

Have you ever heard the saying?

He who controls the information controls the world."

Very interesting. Bring it ON. [type]

Posts: 1392 | From: Maine | Registered: Aug 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
WhiteEagle
Advanced Member
Member # 3728

Icon 1 posted      Profile for WhiteEagle     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Ripp: Can you IMAGINE the pure HATE from the left if bush wins re-election?

I know that if Bush wins there will be many angry people. Just in the news yesterday: the 380 tons of explosives "missing" from Iraq. Kerry is still saying today that it's Bush's fault. In spite of NBC news pointing out the explosives were gone when our troops arrived in Bagdad in April 2003.

I sometimes feel it's now impossible to get the real facts or unadulterated truth from any news source. It's ironic in our day and age with information technology, we have less real facts given out as news.

Posts: 1392 | From: Maine | Registered: Aug 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Ripp
unregistered

Eagle wrote:
quote:
We are to show mercy and love to others. But we don't compromise our beliefs.

Jesus said that many would be offended by Him.

Homosexuality is highly offended by Christ.

Well said Eagle! I have been trying to explain that but some don't understand. Tolerant people see it as an attack if you don't agree with them. If you stand firm on the Word of God you are counted as mean-spirited. I don't think it matters what you say however. We have been having this debate for some time and it seems some still think it's ok to kill babies and have gay marriage and such. Unfortunately, there isn't much we can do. Some are going to remain uninformed or lost. Just pray that God will open their eyes in His time. I would say that I'm anxious for this election to end, but I think it's going to be greater choas afterwards. Can you IMAGINE the pure HATE from the left if bush wins re-election?
Oh my... BOARD UP THE WINDOWS!!!  -

God bless. [Prayer]

WhiteEagle
Advanced Member
Member # 3728

Tyme,

Where is scripture does Jesus teach Tolerance as in the the current definition of tolerance?

The tolerance of today demands that one accept people totally no matter what they do, and not even mention their sin. Tolerance means one will have to give up their beliefs and act as if things that are immoral are morally OK.

Did Jesus do that?

The woman caught in adultry. Jesus' justice was to ask her accusers if they were without sin, then they could cast the first stone. After they acknowledged they were not sinless, and left. Jesus told the woman that He didn't condemn her, and told her to go and sin no more.

Mark 6:10 "Whenever you enter a house, stay there until you leave that place. If any place does not welcome you and people refuse to listen to you, when you leave there, shake the dust off your feet as a testimony against them."

Mark7:20-23 "Then He said, "What comes out of a person-that defies him. For from within, out of people's hearts come evil thoughts, sexual immoralities, thefts, murders, adultries, greed, evil actions,deceit, lewdness, stinginess, blasphemy,pride, and foolishness. All these evil things come up from within and defile a person."

We are to show mercy and love to others. But we don't compromise our beliefs.

Jesus said that many would be offended by Him.

Homosexuality is highly offended by Christ.

Favor Minded
unregistered

quote:
Tyme Writes -
If that is the will of God, then so be it. I’ll pray that I can take it standing up and make a good account of myself.

Me Too [Wink]
Tyme
Advanced Member
Member # 3017

Well Ripp, I guess you have proved me wrong on one thing, you are truly beyond hope, but you have shown me something, I had not seen before.

Let me show you something.

When I said this:
quote:
What you have been doing is against the Teachings of Jesus, and if you think your "Intolrance" Dogma, that you spread are indeed Gods words, then you my “Brother” need to truly repent and search for God in your life and in your heart, and return yourself to his words.

That Jesus Indeed asks us to be Tolerant, I am sorry you’re so blind you cannot even see the writings in your own holy book!

And you took it totally out of context like this:

quote:
quote:
What you have been doing is against the Teachings of Jesus, and if you think your "Intolrance" Dogma, that you spread are indeed Gods words, then you my “Brother” need to truly repent and seach for God in your life and in your heart, and return yourself to his words.
Defending the Word of God is against the teachings of Jesus? I'm sorry but Jesus does not condone the murder of innocent children and babies...
Here lies the problem, your not “Defending the Word of God” your disagreeing with the word of Jesus, You can see here, your making up your own argument which is truly dismaying, and pretending that I this is my stance.

It’s like watching a Jester talk trash at himself.

Your generating a one man argument, with some quotes of mine taken way out of context {for, as far as I can guess, Random Material?)

Then your fighting and argument that you generated, and putting forth a great amount of effort as you do so, never once realizing that, your fighting both sides of the fence all by your lonesome. Your arguing points that are entirely different then what I even said, which is really perplexing.

However, I am going to inform you that this is a great way to discredit yourself, and if it makes you happy, then keep up the good work!

I am a big enough man to accept that you disagree with points I never made.

As it stands, I think you feel I am always attacking you, because you want an argument to be about something, and are seeking to force the argument to be that, regardless of what was said in actuality, and when confronted with this, you twist it into an “Attack”. If this were not as truly calamitous as it really is, I’d be laughing.

I’ll pray for you Ripp, as I do feel truly sorry for you now that I can see fully what your problem has truly been.

Now that I see how misguided you really are, I cannot even be mad at you, I only feel true pity and remorse that you truly did not grasp what I have been saying all this while. The problem is that you seem to have no grasp on what the words the “men” are saying.

My only advice for you, is to stop ‘reading between the lines’ and start ‘reading what has been written’

You might find, you can learn something.

Tyme.

--------------------

Ripp
unregistered

Tyme,

KnowHim
Admin
Member # 1

Icon 1 posted      Profile for KnowHim   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
 -

Click here to take the test.

http://www.bushkerrytest.com/

--------------------
Video Tracts
Christian Media
LiveTracts
Friend Me On Facebook
Evangelism TackleBox

Posts: 3276 | From: Charlestown, IN | Registered: Jun 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
TEXASGRANDMA
Advanced Member
Member # 847

Icon 1 posted      Profile for TEXASGRANDMA     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I hope when this election is over, we don't have to discuss voting again for 4 years [crying]

--------------------
Luk 21:28 And when these things begin to come to pass, then look up, and lift up your heads; for your redemption draweth nigh.
http://www.indieheaven.com/artists/mm (son-in-law)http://www.myspace.com/mireles

Posts: 4985 | From: Washington State | Registered: Jan 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Tyme
Advanced Member
Member # 3017

quote:
I DO sin of course, but I immediately repent and I take NO pleasure in hurting my Lord. It makes me sick and sometimes I cry when I do sin. I AM not better than anyone else. God loves us all the same (including unborn children). I love homosexuals and women who have abortion alike. But, we are to guide them to Jesus
Finally, You understand!

Praise God!

You realize the truth, we need to bring them, to guide them to Jesus, not force them to follow our “Religion” (remember the last time that happened the RCC was born) but we need to bring them to God and Christ!

You finally got the Picture; I had almost lost hope on you. But you do see the light!

AMEN ! Praise God Almighty!

You see the need, that we need to Love them, forgive them as Jesus forgave us, and then show them the light of the gospel.

We cant do that hiding behind politics, and laws. We need to make them see the light, to see the love, and we can not do that from capital hill, we need to do that on the side walks and in the parks, in our homes and our hearths, we need to go to them, or open our doors for them to come to us, with hand extended in friendship, not banners waving in judgment!

And when you admit it “I DO sin of course” you can feel human again, and bring yourself to feel for others, not be lofty and high in your seat, but low and humble, and work with everyone. Human to Human. Sinner to Sinner.

Because, in the end of things, we are just like them. No better, not morally higher, we are just humans, and we need for them to see that, we both are faulted, but we both can have salvation, we all can have eternal life and forgiveness!

You finally understand “I AM not better than anyone else.

The child, unborn will go to God, Now, it’s up to us to make sure the mother and child can be reunited!

God loves us all the same (including unborn children). I love homosexuals and women who have abortion alike

You finally Got it!

Amen!

Tyme.

--------------------

Tyme
Advanced Member
Member # 3017

Thank you Favor Minded.

I was wondering where you got that statement. I’ll keep that in mind from now on.

And in Context: I was refering directly, and only to the part about having their heads chopped off.

If that is the will of God, then so be it. I’ll pray that I can take it standing up and make a good account of myself.

Tyme.

--------------------

Favor Minded
unregistered

quote:

Tyme quoted a portion of what I said -

The Word says they will have their heads cut off...

quote:
In Context I Said -
All those pride filled, Harshly Decisive "Christians" will have a few more years to decide what righeousness is, and whether or not it is right to be "Tolernant" - If they are lucky, they will be martyred for their faith in God....

quote:
Then Tyme Said -

Where?

Here...

Revelation 20:4
I saw thrones on which were seated those who had been given authority to judge. And I saw the souls of those who had been beheaded because of their testimony for Jesus and because of the word of God. They had not worshiped the beast or his image and had not received his mark on their foreheads or their hands. They came to life and reigned with Christ a thousand years.

Ripp
unregistered

Sigh... Ok, let me respond to your allegations...again...

quote:
I agree, You and Ripp really need to re-evaluate your belief system if you think you acted according to Gods words in your last several posts on this topic.

Your childish behavior and hate-filled games are here for everyone to see. I am acting on God's Word and the Holy Spirit. Just because you feel attacked by your beliefs being against the Word of God, don't take it out on me. It's not my fault that you believe in killing children and homosexuality. Could it be the Spirit in you that is trying to get your attention?

quote:
Well I guess, if you had read the bible, as opposed to perusing your selfish dogmas, then you would have the answer.

Selfish dogmas?? Here is what you posted earlier:

I said: He (Bush) outlawed partial birth abortion.
Your response was:
quote:
I dealt with this above, but I’ll ask again

But answer me this Question: “This improves my life in what way?

Better yet: “What is the benefit of this Law to me?”

So, who is the selfish one here?

quote:
What you have been doing is against the Teachings of Jesus, and if you think your "Intolrance" Dogma, that you spread are indeed Gods words, then you my “Brother” need to truly repent and seach for God in your life and in your heart, and return yourself to his words.

Defending the Word of God is against the teachings of Jesus? I'm sorry but Jesus does not condone the murder of innocent children and babies...

quote:
Matthew22: 36"Teacher, which is the greatest commandment in the Law?" 37Jesus replied: " 'Love the Lord your God with all your heart and with all your soul and with all your mind.'38This is the first and greatest commandment. 39And the second is like it: 'Love your neighbor as yourself.'[3] 40All the Law and the Prophets hang on these two commandments."
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Notice something important?

As Yourself!

Not as they are, nor as you wish to see them, Not as sinners, or unsaved, but AS YOURSELF!

Oh I love everyone! Jesus told us to do that. But you however, DO NOT love when you condone abortion. Plain and simple. You CANNOT love children by killing them.

quote:
Your all just a bunch of repeat vile sinners (Just like me) you take pleasure in your sin when you pass your judgements, and thus make yourselves no better then the homosexuals and abortionist and pagans that you condemn.
I really believe you have some issues my friend. I don't know what is going on in your life but it's not healthy to think this way. I DO sin of course, but I immediately repent and I take NO pleasure in hurting my Lord. It makes me sick and sometimes I cry when I do sin. I AM not better than anyone else. God loves us all the same (including unborn children). I love homosexuals and women who have abortion alike. But, we are to guide them to Jesus, NOT just let those things run rampant in our society. Obviously you disagree.

quote:
Who are you to condemn them, when you yourself fare no better in the eyes of God and Christ, who among you can claim to be Good?
Teaching the Word of God is wrong now? And NO I am NOT good. Why do you think I have this holier than thou attitude? That simply is NOT true. I am as much a sinner as the next person BUT, I believe in leading sinners to Jesus Christ THROUGH the Truth, NOT lies.

quote:
Mark 10:18
"Why do you call me good?" Jesus answered. "No one is good–except God alone.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Sadly, I just joined your boat with this post, and that truly dishearten me, more then the taunts and temps you make at me, but I have one thing that brings me some form or relief and clears my consciences.

[Confused]

quote:
At least, I have tried to correct you, and in many cases, give you ample chances before I became uncivil, and sought civil debates at the outset, of all my posts.

You will NEVER 'correct' me of the Truth my friend. Killing children and homosexuality ARE WRONG! Read your Bible! Cut off my head but I will NEVER surrender to the devils lies!

quote:
My advice to you, is to stop twisting the word of God to match what you do, and start twisting what you do match the word of God.

You are the one twisting my friend. Jesus loves the little children...

quote:
Matthew 18:15
"If your brother sins against you, go and show him his fault, just between the two of you. If he listens to you, you have won your brother over.

We shall see what shall come of this. I have tried to correct you, lets see if you will listen.

You are trying to teach faulty doctrine! You will NEVER win me over to lies! I will stand fast on the Word of God...PERIOD!

quote:
(I would have made this personal, but Favor Minded and Ripp, seem to working as a Team, so, posting here, seemed the best choice)

No teaming here. Just trying to teach the Truth.

quote:
In the End, I shall, and have forgiven you for your harsh and unmerited words against me, the words you have used to purposefully hurt me, and seek to undermine my faith.

First of all, you have plenty of attacks on your end. You may think you don't but the posts are there to see.

Second, there is NO intent to 'hurt' you, only to open your eyes. It is the Spirit that alarms you when the Truth is spoken and you haven't been Truthful.

I would say I would pray for you but you have asked me not to. God bless. [Bible]

WhiteEagle
Advanced Member
Member # 3728

Tyme,

I really feel like you're playing a cat and mouse game. I feel foolish for taking the time to address your posts in the "why vote for Bush" thread.

Your own reasoning for tolerance sounds logical and humanly reasonable. I used to be in that place once upon a time.

I hope the Lord will help me write clearly to you what I'm trying to impart, as to why your reasoning is not built on the Rock. (Jesus)

Remember John the Baptist? He was beheaded by Herod for speaking out against Herod's adultry.
Herod's wife really hated John. (You know the story)

Evidently for Herod's wife to even hear about John's statements, it must have been general knowledge in their community. John didn't speak against Herod's sin in secret. Do you remember what Jesus said about John the Baptist?

He said; "There is no one born of women who was as great as John the Baptist."

Humans be their own free will, can choose to sin, and once they sin, they are in spiritual bondage to it. They are finally deceived that it isn't really a "sin". Mystery of Iniquity at work.

No way out. The Ten Commandments were our schoolmaster, says Paul. It taught us about righteousness. God gave Moses the Ten Commandments for our physical, emotional, and spiritual benefit on earth. If we live by them, we will have a more blessed physical life.

People who are in bondage to homosexuality have no way out, and as you know many even think they were born to BE that way.

Knowing that Abortion on demand is evil and wrong is not a religious belief, unless you think murdering a child is based on religious belief too, or murdering any grown up. If murder is wrong for the already born person, because they are alive, we know the unborn child is alive too, and it's life shouldn't be based on someone else' opinion. Is your life based on someone's opinion?

If you relagate believing that all life should be protected as a religious belief, then are laws against theft and fraud based on relgious beliefs also?

I believe that an aborted child goes straight to God. I also believe Satan uses that abortion to torment the woman who had one, and her soul is the one that's in danger. Her soul and all who are close to her. Not because of that sin of abortion, as God will forgive. But that sin of abortion puts her under such heavy oppression by Satan, she will feel that there in no redemption for her.

I sat and held the hand of a young man dying of AIDS. He called me in his room and was crying and he was repenting for his sins. I never comdemned or even discussed his life with him, I only care for him as a nurse and secretly prayed for him, because God laid him on my heart, and I loved this man though the Holy Spirit's love.
I believe I'll see this wonderful child of God when I finally get to the Father.

Tyme we do have to stand in Love for righteousness. Yes we accept the people as they are and pray, but we still need to stand for truth.

Tyme
Advanced Member
Member # 3017

quote:
Favor Minded
I believe we should keep up the great work of standing for righteousness, even in the face of open Immoral adversity as displayed by some here

I agree, You and Ripp really need to re-evaluate your belief system if you think you acted according to Gods words in your last several posts on this topic.

quote:
All those pride filled, Harshly Decisive "Christians" will have a few more years to decide what righeousness is, and whether or not it is right to be "Tolernant"
quote:
Ephesians 4:29
Do not let any unwholesome talk come out of your mouths, but only what is helpful for building others up according to their needs, that it may benefit those who listen.

quote:
Romans 14:4
Who are you to judge someone else's servant? To his own master he stands or falls. And he will stand, for the Lord is able to make him stand.

quote:
James 4:11
Brothers, do not slander one another. Anyone who speaks against his brother or judges him speaks against the law and judges it. When you judge the law, you are not keeping it, but sitting in judgment on it.

quote:
James 4:12
There is only one Lawgiver and Judge, the one who is able to save and destroy. But you–who are you to judge your neighbor?

quote:
Romans 2
1You, therefore, have no excuse, you who pass judgment on someone else, for at whatever point you judge the other, you are condemning yourself, because you who pass judgment do the same things. 2Now we know that God's judgment against those who do such things is based on truth. 3So when you, a mere man, pass judgment on them and yet do the same things, do you think you will escape God's judgment? 4Or do you show contempt for the riches of his kindness, tolerance and patience, not realizing that God's kindness leads you toward repentance?

quote:
ans 3
23for all have sinned and fall short of the glory of God,

quote:
John 8:7
When they kept on questioning him, he straightened up and said to them, "If any one of you is without sin, let him be the first to throw a stone at her."

Well I guess, if you had read the bible, as opposed to perusing your selfish dogmas, then you would have the answer.

That Jesus Indeed asks us to be Tolerant, I am sorry you’re so blind you cannot even see the writings in your own holy book!

Are you in need of more?

quote:
Luke 10:27
He answered: " 'Love the Lord your God with all your heart and with all your soul and with all your strength and with all your mind'[ 10:27 Deut. 6:5] ; and, 'Love your neighbor as yourself.'[ 10:27 Lev. 19:18]

quote:
Mark 1229"The most important one," answered Jesus, "is this: 'Hear, O Israel, the Lord our God, the Lord is one. 30Love the Lord your God with all your heart and with all your soul and with all your mind and with all your strength.'[2] 31The second is this: 'Love your neighbor as yourself.’ There is no commandment greater than these."
quote:
Matthew22: 36"Teacher, which is the greatest commandment in the Law?" 37Jesus replied: " 'Love the Lord your God with all your heart and with all your soul and with all your mind.'38This is the first and greatest commandment. 39And the second is like it: 'Love your neighbor as yourself.'[3] 40All the Law and the Prophets hang on these two commandments."
Notice something important?

As Yourself!

Not as they are, nor as you wish to see them, Not as sinners, or unsaved, but AS YOURSELF!

Seems, I am the only one of us that really gets this one.

Your all just a bunch of repeat vile sinners (Just like me) you take pleasure in your sin when you pass your judgements, and thus make yourselves no better then the homosexuals and abortionist and pagans that you condemn.

Who are you to condemn them, when you yourself fare no better in the eyes of God and Christ, who among you can claim to be Good?

quote:
Mark 10:18
"Why do you call me good?" Jesus answered. "No one is good–except God alone.

Sadly, I just joined your boat with this post, and that truly dishearten me, more then the taunts and temps you make at me, but I have one thing that brings me some form or relief and clears my consciences.

quote:
2 Thessalonians 3
14 And if any man obey not our word by this epistle, note that man, and have no company with him, that he may be ashamed.
15 Yet count him not as an enemy, but admonish him as a brother.
16 Now the Lord of peace himself give you peace always by all means. The Lord be with you all.

At least, I have tried to correct you, and in many cases, give you ample chances before I became uncivil, and sought civil debates at the outset, of all my posts.

I shall sleep well in that knowledge and assurance that I have at the very least, sought to serve the will of God and Christ.

Pray to God for deliverance!

Sorry Favor Minded, it seems you just can’t seem to grasp this, and for that, I hold no grudge against you, I believe you do what you do because you feel it is the right and Godly thing to do, and I truly do not fault you for that. I hold you in high respect regarding your commitment to your religion and your faith.

I accept and respect your right to be wrong in my eyes.

However, I fault you for telling me, that I do not do what I do because I believe it is the Godly thing to do.

My advice to you, is to stop twisting the word of God to match what you do, and start twisting what you do match the word of God.

One final thing before I go to my conclusion.

quote:
Favor Minded

Where?

quote:
Matthew 18:15
"If your brother sins against you, go and show him his fault, just between the two of you. If he listens to you, you have won your brother over.

We shall see what shall come of this. I have tried to correct you, lets see if you will listen.

(I would have made this personal, but Favor Minded and Ripp, seem to working as a Team, so, posting here, seemed the best choice)

In the End, I shall, and have forgiven you for your harsh and unmerited words against me, the words you have used to purposefully hurt me, and seek to undermine my faith.

Tyme.

--------------------

Favor Minded
unregistered

With Harsh Decisiveness the quest for spiritual justice ensues!!

Pride is at an all time high!!

I believe we should keep up the great work of standing for righteousness, even in the face of open Immoral adversity as displayed by some here.

Our Lord and Saviour is Jesus Christ - Who soon will be coming on the clouds with Power

All those who do not stand for righeousness will ultimately be facing the Tribulation and the worst nightmare the Earth has ever known.

All those pride filled, Harshly Decisive "Christians" will have a few more years to decide what righeousness is, and whether or not it is right to be "Tolernant" - If they are lucky, they will be martyred for their faith in God....

Tyme
Advanced Member
Member # 3017

Tell you what.

I’ll let you slide, I know the bible says I should not, but, I’ll be accepting.

How about you answer this question, instead.

“Why do you refuse to state who your lord and Savor is?”

how about you answer that question instead.

Tyme.

--------------------

Tyme
Advanced Member
Member # 3017

quote:
If you want to play your little games, be my guest.
Currently, the only person “Playing a Game” is you by avoiding the question.

Tyme.

--------------------

Ripp
unregistered

Like I said, I don't need to justify myself to you. I will not be pulled in by your hate. If you want to play your little games, be my guest.
Tyme
Advanced Member
Member # 3017

The real me child?

You have been attacking my “Faith” since I started posting again.

If you think the fact that I put a dent into you, then, you know exactly now, how you look.

Can I expect your mindless, hate filled words to be tempered now?

Oh yes, and yet again, you have not professed that your lord and savor is Jesus Christ, all you did was attack me.

This is your Second Admonishing, for that failure.

Tyme.

P.S. Don't pray for me, for I know not who you pray to.

--------------------

Tyme
Advanced Member
Member # 3017

Well, as surprised as I am by your response, I expected a direct answer, as opposed to dodging the question.

quote:
Matthew10
32"Whoever acknowledges me before men, I will also acknowledge him before my Father in heaven. 33But whoever disowns me before men, I will disown him before my Father in heaven.

quote:
1 John 4
2This is how you can recognize the Spirit of God: Every spirit that acknowledges that Jesus Christ has come in the flesh is from God, 3but every spirit that does not acknowledge Jesus is not from God. This is the spirit of the antichrist, which you have heard is coming and even now is already in the world.

And I find it odd that you did not reply and Acknowledge who is truly your lord and master, are you ashamed? Or are you hiding something?

Or maybe your just not as much a “Christian” as you would like us all to believe.

As for me, my lord, Savior, Master, and Teacher is Jesus Christ, Son of God, who Died on the Cross for my sins.

I think it is enough that you did not immediately say the same.

It is truly, never a joyous occasion when one challenges your faith and your devotion to your faith.

Now, since you have felt it’s sting, now you truly know, how I felt when you all attacked my faith.

Lovely is it not?

(Returning Post) for all to see.

Tyme.

--------------------

Ripp
unregistered

Tyme wrote:
quote:
And I find it odd that you did not reply and Acknowledge who is truly your lord and master, are you ashamed? Or are you hiding something?

Or maybe your just not as much a “Christian” as you would like us all to believe.

As for me, my lord, Savior, Master, and Teacher is Jesus Christ, Son of God, who Died on the Cross for my sins.

I think it is enough that you did not immediately say the same.

Your hate-filled game and attack on me and my Spirituality shows volumes about who you really are Tyme. I need not justify myself to you. And for you to even play a game like that just shows who you really are. I'm glad that everyone can see the real you now...

I will pray for you. [Prayer]

Ripp
unregistered

Tyme wrote:
quote:
Care to tell me who your lord and master is?

If you have a serious question to ask, please do. I care not to play that game...
Tyme
Advanced Member
Member # 3017

Ripp, and Favor Minded.

Care to tell me who your lord and master is?

Tyme.

--------------------

Favor Minded
unregistered

AMEN Ripp!

Tyme is writing of tolerance.

Certainly we are to meet them where they are - We have, for instance, a man, in our Church, who was once admittedly Gay, and had a relationship for 6 years - He, and a few of his friends, have since been saved, and are living normal lives.

He is married, has two children, and has been delivered by God - He speaks openly to others about it.

That is the message -

TO NO THREATEN THEIR DESIRE TO MARRY IS TO FULLY SUPPORT THE DEVIL'S AGENDA...

Tyme - Your tolerant "lifestyle" acceptance speech was, at best, spoken from the Episcopalian pulpit - You know the one - The one with the Gay Bishops...

You see - Once again, we come back to the Morally correct.

You say it is OK to remove God from the Schools

You Say it if ok to teach Gay lifestyle at school because you can teach them at home.

You say it is ok to play show and tell at school - Gay Style, with toys and everything, cuz you can teach them right at home.

Unfortunately, what you are spewing is tolerant junk. I have extensive experience in counseling, and we o not scare them away, nor are we prejudiced against them - We are in fact, encouraging their attendance and learning what God has for them, and, like any other UNGODLY issue, we approach it and help them see they can be delivered because we can do all things through Christ who strengthens us.

I have 6 boys, and all are excellent young men - two grown and out of the house.

You think it is ok to abort, you think it is ok to be gay, and you think that you will turn them from Christianity because we don't want them to get married -

Well, ya better start reading the New Testament AGAIN!

Paul, quite simply, TOLD IT LIKE IT WAS, and HE DI DNOT CARE WHO HE OFFENDED because wrong IS WRONG, and being GAY, and offending Children IS MORALLY WRONG!!

Jesus said you would be better off to drown yourself than cause one of HIS little children to stumble, which is EXACTLY what people like you (LIBERALS) are doing to when you say IT IS OK to teach them Gay Sex and Lifestyle.

When you try to explain that to Christ, he will tie a brick around your neck and push you into the river...

Ripp
unregistered

quote:
In Europe, as well as around the world, it is becoming "controversial" to believe homosexuality is anything other than perfectly normal and morally acceptable. This, I assure you, is no coincidence.

Satan is working his hardest here in the last days to cease any and all expression of biblically-based morality from being acceptable in society. His goal is to keep the voices of Christianity from being heard altogether, whether the topic is homosexuality or anything else. Whatever God wants the world to know, Satan doesn't. Thus, we have a spiritual battle of ever-increasing intensity taking place for the hearts and minds of mankind.

web page

Believe it... [Prayer]

Ripp
unregistered

Tyme wrote:
quote:
I would like to start off by saying I do not believe this “Gay Agenda” exists as many promote it to be, it is nothing more then a fabrication of paranoia by homophobic populace, Subsequently, because I do not believe it is real, thus by default, I can not support it.

First of all, it is not homophobia as you like to promote. We are to love everyone but we are to guide them to Jesus. Letting them continue in sin without helping them is encouraging sin. Is is AGAINST the WORD of GOD my friend. To promote homosexuality is sin. Don't believe me?

Leviticus 18:22
You shall not lie with a male as with a woman. It is an abomination.

quote:
Now if you want to present the desires of specified organizations that try to promote the Gay lifestyle, which is the real problem that we are facing, then I suggest you read a book called “After the Ball” if you do not realize your playing their game, the way they want you to, by their rules, just as they hoped you would, it might still give you an incentive to shut up with the hate speech, or just tone it down in general, your not helping, deal with it.
That is called 'tolerance' and the cause of the destruction of the world. Jesus is coming back because we tolerate sin and we are becoming (probably already there) another Sodom and Gomorrah. Obviously you don't care, but I do.

quote:
they would claim your not a “True Christian” first
True Christians don't let people parade around as homosexuals without pointing out their error. These people are going to hell if they don't repent, don't you understand that?

quote:
If I did not care about any of you, I would never let you know this. Trust me, if I didn’t really love you all, I’d let you keep going down that same old path.

You are trying to change people that are saved. We ARE going to heaven. Homosexuals who don't repent are NOT going to heaven and you are not helping them.

quote:
I came to realize, what am I stopping? That two homosexual people want to get married, promise a life to each other, and receive life insurance, make medical decisions for each other, and be allowed hospital visits, discounts on taxes, etc.

You are supporting sin. Plain and simple.

Isaiah 1:18-20
"Come now, let us reason together," says the LORD . "Though your sins are like scarlet, they shall be as white as snow; though they are red as crimson, they shall be like wool. If you are willing and obedient, you will eat the best from the land; but if you resist and rebel, you will be devoured by the sword." For the mouth of the LORD has spoken.

quote:
Jesus said: “Make disciples of the nations” he did not say “Enforce your religion into law”

Are you suggesting we NOT teach the part in the Bible about homosexuality being a sin?

quote:
Jesus Died for Everyone. It’s about time we all came into terms with that.

Nobody is arguing that point.

quote:
Then, sex education comes, well, we drove out the sex education courses, which was a real killer now, because it’s up to the parents to inform our children about sex, and here is my advice to you all, You might want to try and teach your children the pleasures of heterosexual sexual relations and the joys of marriage, you can start by example, and try your best to make your wife and your marriage a joyous one (If it’s not already)

I see, so parents are incapable of teaching their own children. Hmm, sounds like a theme I heard somewhere... Oh yes, 'It takes a village'. Rubbish.

quote:
“HA, We banned you from marriage, and give us some time, we will take away all your other rights, Muhahahahahah!”

The idea here is to protect the sanctity of marriage, nobody is taking away anyones rights. We are just protecting God's Word.

quote:
Now, this is one of the many reasons why I shall vote for John Kerry. It gives me a greater desire to inform my children, if for no other reason then to ‘Stop’ this mythological “Gay Agenda” and teach them in depth about sex myself, or bring them to someone I trust to teach them. And maybe, bring me closer to my children.

Just hand them over to the government, they will do a great job teaching them.

quote:
Which brings me to my next point. That evil thing, Abortion.There is no law that can be passed to explain “Why” something is morally wrong, all the law says is that it is illegal. Many will say that just because it is not legal, does not in fact make it “Morally Wrong”. Sadly, this is the mind set, if it was not, no one would break the law.

So, killing children is ok? Sticking scissors in the back of the head and sucking out the brains during delivery is ok with you? How dare you attack God like that. Very sick.

Leviticus 19:18
You shall not take vengeance, nor bear any grudge against the children of your people, but you shall love your neighbor as yourself: I am the LORD.

I doubt God thinks killing them is 'loving' them.

Matthew 19:14
But Jesus said, "Let the little children come to Me, and do not forbid them; for of such is the kingdom of heaven."

Mark 10:14
But when Jesus saw it, He was greatly displeased and said to them, "Let the little children come to Me, and do not forbid them; for of such is the kingdom of God.

Luke 18:15
[ Jesus Blesses Little Children ] [Matt 19:13-15; Mark 10:13-16] Then they also brought infants to Him that He might touch them; but when the disciples saw it, they rebuked them.

quote:
It is religion and faith, that tells us “Why” something is morally wrong.

IT IS THE WORD OF GOD THAT TELLS US WHAT IS RIGHT AND WRONG! You are going to pay for your beliefs.

quote:
But I can't take what is an article of faith for me and legislate it for someone who doesn't share that article of faith, whether they be agnostic, atheist, Jew, Protestant, whatever. I can't do that.

He won't stand up for the Word of God. He even admits it. He is 'tolerant'.

quote:
If we follow Kerry, we need to be a stronger Christian, a feeling person, who respects the desires and pain of a person.

What about the pain of all those babies who get scissors thrust into the back of their heads?

quote:
God Bless this man, the same laws that say that you can go to the church of your choice, or no church at all, are the same laws he wants to protect.
Bush has never said you have to go to a certain church.

quote:
I need to ask this question, seriously, did any of you, really think this “Abortion Ban” law, saved even one “Unborn” life? (Answer the question only to yourself)

You asked, I'm going to answer. What you are teaching is tolerance and destructive. "Oh, we can't stop it so just let it go." Sickening. That's why the world is dying because of people like you. You are strong in the apostacy movement.

Very disturbing but not surprising. You will have to answer for your beliefs one day. But hey, we have been told that this day was coming. The apostacy is in full gear, and He is coming soon.

Tyme
Advanced Member
Member # 3017

Taken from Voting for Bush as this really has just ended up being a continuation.)

Favor Minded, your questions bring deep into why I shall be voting for John Kerry. I’ll explain this here, and copy it into another topic as well, so to address it separately.

You have brought up many points, two major ones.

Funny, however, they are two major reasons why I like John Kerry.

Why I shall Vote for John Kerry.

This is going to be a long Post, Sorry.

Since many people asked for this, I’ll do my best to provide the best answers I can on this subject.

If this results into a flame fest, well, then that will just be a sad state of affairs, given that many people have asked me to provide this answer to them, if your desire was only then to flame me, then I am sorry for providing this for you in the first place, I will not fight a flame war with any one, on this subject.

Kerry supports the Homosexual Population:

I know, shock as to the fact that this would motivate me to vote for the man, but if you look at it, this works in my favor as a Christian.

Allow me to explain.

I would like to start off by saying I do not believe this “Gay Agenda” exists as many promote it to be, it is nothing more then a fabrication of paranoia by homophobic populace, Subsequently, because I do not believe it is real, thus by default, I can not support it.

The “Gay Agenda” that we think of is referenced from an article written by Michael Swift in 1987 , The article is titled "The Gay Manifesto” and is the basis for this mythology of the “Gay Agenda”

This is not only a lie, Many Homosexuals will laugh at you, if you have taken this satire seriously.

Now if you want to present the desires of specified organizations that try to promote the Gay lifestyle, which is the real problem that we are facing, then I suggest you read a book called “After the Ball” if you do not realize your playing their game, the way they want you to, by their rules, just as they hoped you would, it might still give you an incentive to shut up with the hate speech, or just tone it down in general, your not helping, deal with it.

In case you all missed this, the people that are seeking to support the “Homosexual Lifestyle” are portraying the “Christian Populace” as hate filled individuals that live in a backwards era. What makes this worse is that many “Christian” play that role to a “T”, and present that image in full living color for all to see,

Favor Minded, take this to heart, very seriously, as well as all of you, if I was Gay, I could just cut an paste your posts and show all my “On-the-Fence Christian Friends” who are trying to show me the “Love of Jesus” and they would denounce you in a micro second, and even be ashamed of you, they would claim your not a “True Christian” first, and then they might even go so far as to question their own faith, and that you are indeed a “Christian just like them” but they do not want to associated with such blind prejudice hate filled individuals, in a simple way, You embarrass their religion and them, in front of people they might have been trying to witness to.

If I did not care about any of you, I would never let you know this. Trust me, if I didn’t really love you all, I’d let you keep going down that same old path.

When you preach your rage against the “Agenda” it only reinforces the stance the “Subjected Homosexual People” present, as being “Persecuted By the Evil Christian Church”

Good Job there Everyone! Could you all play any more into their hands?

I want you all to know, when this all started, I jumped on the band wagon, like you all did, I signed all those silly petitions, and even made talk around the office and the church as to how we have to stop this.

I came to realize, what am I stopping? That two homosexual people want to get married, promise a life to each other, and receive life insurance, make medical decisions for each other, and be allowed hospital visits, discounts on taxes, etc.

None of that stuff effects my religion or my way of life, and I think all of us can agree that being legal does not make it morally right, just like being illegal is not morally wrong.

There are many things that are legal in this country that we feel are morally wrong, and we are converting them, one at a time, the way we have been doing for thousands of years, just as God told us to do.

Jesus said: “Make disciples of the nations” he did not say “Enforce your religion into law”

However if I put Kerry In Office, this is what happens, I can say, “Jesus Loves you, and wants the best life for you. Kerry, a devout Catholic, that believes that homosexuality is wrong, is being a true Christian and a True American, by accepting and loving you, I love you too, and so does Jesus”

Talk about getting my foot in the door!
Now friend, that is true Witnessing! Changing them one at a time.

It’s how you convert the world, one person at a time.

It gives me truly a weapon, a weapon they cannot argue with. It makes me and my “brothers and sisters” look like we care about you. That we will indeed make you feel loved and accept you, even if we don’t accept your life style.

Jesus Died for Everyone.

It’s about time we all came into terms with that.

Then, sex education comes, well, we drove out the sex education courses, which was a real killer now, because it’s up to the parents to inform our children about sex, and here is my advice to you all, You might want to try and teach your children the pleasures of heterosexual sexual relations and the joys of marriage, you can start by example, and try your best to make your wife and your marriage a joyous one (If it’s not already)

What do you currently have?

“HA, We banned you from marriage, and give us some time, we will take away all your other rights, Muhahahahahah!”

Yah, I bet that just gets them coming to the church in droves and flocks, to see the love of Christ, though his followers.

Now, this is one of the many reasons why I shall vote for John Kerry. It gives me a greater desire to inform my children, if for no other reason then to ‘Stop’ this mythological “Gay Agenda” and teach them in depth about sex myself, or bring them to someone I trust to teach them. And maybe, bring me closer to my children.

“Parents, the Anti-Drug”

Now THAT is how you stop drugs, not with Laws, Guns and Cops, Which brings me to my next point.

That evil thing, Abortion.

There is no law that can be passed to explain “Why” something is morally wrong, all the law says is that it is illegal. Many will say that just because it is not legal, does not in fact make it “Morally Wrong”. Sadly, this is the mind set, if it was not, no one would break the law.

It is religion and faith, that tells us “Why” something is morally wrong.

Kerry summed this up when we said in this third debate:

quote:
I would say to that person exactly what I will say to you right now.

First of all, I cannot tell you how deeply I respect the belief about life and when it begins. I'm a Catholic, raised a Catholic. I was an altar boy. Religion has been a huge part of my life. It helped lead me through a war, leads me today.

But I can't take what is an article of faith for me and legislate it for someone who doesn't share that article of faith, whether they be agnostic, atheist, Jew, Protestant, whatever. I can't do that.

But I can counsel people. I can talk reasonably about life and about responsibility. I can talk to people, as my wife Teresa does, about making other choices, and about abstinence, and about all these other things that we ought to do as a responsible society.

But as a president, I have to represent all the people in the nation. And I have to make that judgment.

Now, I believe that you can take that position and not be pro- abortion, but you have to afford people their constitutional rights. And that means being smart about allowing people to be fully educated, to know what their options are in life, and making certain that you don't deny a poor person the right to be able to have whatever the constitution affords them if they can't afford it otherwise.

That's why I think it's important. That's why I think it's important for the United States, for instance, not to have this rigid ideological restriction on helping families around the world to be able to make a smart decision about family planning.

You'll help prevent AIDS.

You'll help prevent unwanted children, unwanted pregnancies.

You'll actually do a better job, I think, of passing on the moral responsibility that is expressed in your question. And I truly respect it.

Summed it up for me, better then I could even say it.

People will find ways around the laws, or ignore them. In the end, not a single life will be saved, and we become weak thinking we can depend on laws to promote our view.

If we follow Kerry, we need to be a stronger Christian, a feeling person, who respects the desires and pain of a person.

We can change a mind, one at a time, and by doing so, save a life, one at a time. When we force and impose our beliefs, we not only turn the person away from our religion and thus our damnation that will truly die, but, we force them to retreat from us, and go to someone else, who will serve them. An open door, is only a welcome, if your not thrown though it.

Kerry said it best But I can counsel people. I can talk reasonably about life and about responsibility. I can talk to people, as my wife Teresa does, about making other choices, and about abstinence, and about all these other things that we ought to do as a responsible society.

I can make a difference, and so can you, but federal laws are not going to do what we all believe them to do.

Like homosexuality, it just pushes people who are unsaved away from Christianity, and makes the liberal Christian ashamed of the reactionary one, because the hate and imposition they are presenting.

God Bless this man, the same laws that say that you can go to the church of your choice, or no church at all, are the same laws he wants to protect.
This Law: Congress shall make no law respecting an establishment of religion, or prohibiting the free exercise thereof; or abridging the freedom of speech, or of the press; or the right of the people peaceably to assemble, and to petition the Government for a redress of grievances.

The First Amendment.

It allows us to change minds, it only One at a time, it gives us the chance to get close enough to change that mind.

So far, the abortion ban, has changed minds, many at once. Sadly, it changed them to be against the “Reactionary Right wing Religious Christian” but what was even worse is all Christians got tossed into that boat.

I need to ask this question, seriously, did any of you, really think this “Abortion Ban” law, saved even one “Unborn” life? (Answer the question only to yourself)

Let me help you out, when your looking for an answer. You might want to answer these questions first:

Do any of you really think, that a medical doctor, who is seeking to serve the needs and desires of the patient, will be unable to find a viable reason to justify performing the abortion?

Do you truly believe medical professionals to be that inept?

However, the question should not be, “How can we stop them” it should be

“How can we bring these woman who feel the necessity (either by social pressure, shame, or other influences) to have an abortion closer to Christ to show them the value of Life” because, the true problem is not in the doctors that do the abortions, but, the people that want them.

And Kerry, makes that simple and clear.

He puts the power in OUR hands, to make a difference. He gives us the chance to do Gods work, uninhibited.

I’ll work on your other points later Favor Minded, as well as everyone else.

I hope I have answered these few questions to the Full.

If I have not, please let me know.

Tyme.

--------------------

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Christian Message Board | Privacy Statement