Christian Chat Network

This version of the message boards has closed.
Please click below to go to the new Christian BBS website.

New Message Boards - Click Here

You can still search for the old message here.

Christian Message Boards

| | search | faq | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Christian Message Boards   » Bible Studies   » The Christian News   » `The Passion` Sells 2.4 Million DVDs

Author Topic: `The Passion` Sells 2.4 Million DVDs
MentorsRiddle
Advanced Member
Member # 2108

Icon 1 posted      Profile for MentorsRiddle     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I don't think very many people would be able to watch that movie and then just say "so what?". When I went and watched that movie in the theator there were 2 Gothic people in front of me and after the movie was over and everyone started praying they acted very un-comfortable. They weren't rude but they looked shocked from the movie because I don't think they ever thought of it in that way before. It is one thing to hear about something but a completley different thing when you actually watch something happen.

--------------------
With you I rise,
In you I sleep,
kneeling down I kiss your feet,
Grace abounds upon me now,
I once was lost
but now I'm found.
The gift of God dwells within,
To this love I now give in.

Posts: 1337 | From: Arkansas | Registered: Sep 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Endoxos
Advanced Member
Member # 2929

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Endoxos   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I got TPotC as a gift the other day. I thought it was okay... gore aside (I mean, to accurately show what most likely happened, the gore would'a been necessary), it was well acted, the artistic license was enjoyable (ie Mary holding Jesus as a kid when he fell mirrored to as an adult bearing the cross, and the "rich man's table" scene), and was truly powerful... but there was a LOT I didn't agree with, like the demons/kids/dead animal-thing plaguing Judas, the heavy emphasis on Satan (and he/she/it focusing heavily on Mary), Veronica and other outright unbiblical traditions (even though they *could* have happened, it's not in the Bible, and we should not trust a movie over the Bible), and the the serious lack of His teachings and His resurrection... it did just sort of seem to be a gore-fest intended for Christians alone, who already know why Jesus died, but to make us appriciate His sacrifice better... but what it wouldn't make a very good evanglistic tool... I mean, an unsaved person would simply say "Yeah, He got the daylights beat outta Him, then they killed Him, and God got angry, so what?".

Even though some people have indeed repented and gotten saved by this movie, I honestly think The Gospel of John was much better, overall.

--------------------
My signature is apisdn umop.

Posts: 362 | From: HELP! I'm stuck in a DOS window! | Registered: Mar 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
MentorsRiddle
Advanced Member
Member # 2108

Icon 1 posted      Profile for MentorsRiddle     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
You know what I think is so funny about this movie?

Hollywood wouldn't toutch it because they thought that it wouldn't make enough money. But It has now in the top 10 of movie sales and ticket sales. LOL Perhaps Hollywood should stop thinking about their pockets and start thinking about the will of God. God will reward you for your works. Just as he has rewarded Gibson for takeing a leap foward by spending millions of his money on the movie. Now Gibson is richer than when he started. Spiritually and Material.

--------------------
With you I rise,
In you I sleep,
kneeling down I kiss your feet,
Grace abounds upon me now,
I once was lost
but now I'm found.
The gift of God dwells within,
To this love I now give in.

Posts: 1337 | From: Arkansas | Registered: Sep 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
KnowHim
Admin
Member # 1

Icon 1 posted      Profile for KnowHim   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
`The Passion` Sells 2.4 Million DVDs

The DVD of Mel Gibson`s biblical epic "The Passion of the Christ" went on sale Tuesday and sold 2.4 million copies by midday...

Read on...

[type]

Posts: 3276 | From: Charlestown, IN | Registered: Jun 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Christian Message Board | Privacy Statement