Christian Chat Network

This version of the message boards has closed.
Please click below to go to the new Christian BBS website.

New Message Boards - Click Here

You can still search for the old message here.

Christian Message Boards

| | search | faq | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Christian Message Boards   » Bible Studies   » The Christian News   » Disturbing News

Author Topic: Disturbing News
Ripp
unregistered

Icon 16 posted            Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Hi Eagle, [Smile]

Yes, I was reborn only three months ago. Before that time I had hardly any understanding of the bible. My rebirth has been intense to say the least. I believe that the holy spirit is working overtime in me for some reason. I have done more reading and studying in the last three months than in my entire life up til then. My hunger for God and His word is matched only by my sense that Jesus is coming soon. I don't know how to explain it. Sometimes I think I'm losing my mind but I've come to the conclusion that I should just let things run their course since He is in me now. Here is my testimony if you are interested. http://thechristianbbs.com/cgi-bin/ultimatebb.cgi?ubb=get_topic;f=21;t=000163

quote:
I am beginning to think of the Radical Islamics as the Beast or minions of the anti-christ leader.
It was the beheadings they did this past Spring and early summer that go me to looking back into Revelation.

This is possible. It's amazing how much prophecy is coming true so fast. I only pray that when the Tribulation beheadings come, they will be by a guillotine or something fast. If they are of the sawing sort, God have mercy! Makes me sick to think about it. I haven't watched that video and never will. All the more reason to get saved ASAP!
quote:
They won't give up, they think they go to Allah and paradise if they die for the cause. We can't negociate with them or compromise with them. Like Hiltler, they only wish to extermiate the Jews and any culture that will not accept Islam as the one true religion.
Absolutely! Although some on the left would beg to differ with you. [Frown]
quote:
I appreciate your feed back and some confirmations. Are you the one who wrote you are a new Christian?
Been a Christian, just reborn (until you get saved, you can't see the truth). [Smile]
quote:
If so, you seem to be well educated about current events and prophecy.
Thanks. [Smile] Although I am still a child in my knowledge (I'm only three months old [Smile] ). I can't seem to feed on the word fast enough to satisfy me. Good thing this is the one obsession you can have. [Big Grin] I have enjoyed this message board so far. There are plenty of good knowledgeable Christians like you that I can learn from.
quote:
If so, you seem to be well educated about current events and prophecy. I read you go to a non-denominational church, and I agree that many deniminational churches have compromised the Faith.
I believe that the Laodice church that is talked about in Revelation is representative of the majority of churches today. I also believe that the church of Philadelphia is representative of the uprising of non-denominational churches today that focus on the word and Jesus.
quote:
We Christians live in a country that allows it's citizens to have a voice in government. I't not acting as a good steward to ignore that responsibilty as a citizen.

I think the problem is that as JUST a Christian, people have become complacent with their lives. They have formed new gods of money, addictions, etc. It really takes the fire of the Holy Spirit(from being saved)to get one to make a solid difference. Most people will accept what comes, they figure their vote doesn't matter. But like you said, we have been SO blessed, we have lost sight of what is most important (God).
quote:
More than that we can pray, pray, pray.
Amen to that! Oh, and you forgot to mention that we can pray. [Big Grin]

Take care Eagle and God bless.

"These things I have spoken to you, that in Me you may have peace. In the world you will have tribulation; but be of good cheer, I have overcome the world." - John 16:33

IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
WhiteEagle
Advanced Member
Member # 3728

Icon 1 posted      Profile for WhiteEagle     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
To Ripp:

I agree with your post and also with your post on the other thread about the importance of voting, and silence is not an option.

We Christians live in a country that allows it's citizens to have a voice in government. I't not acting as a good steward to ignore that responsibilty as a citizen.

We can vote, write letters to our legislators both state and federal and let them know our opinions. We can write letters to newspapers, and encourage others to do the same.

More than that we can pray, pray, pray.

Posts: 1392 | From: Maine | Registered: Aug 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
WhiteEagle
Advanced Member
Member # 3728

Icon 1 posted      Profile for WhiteEagle     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Hi Ripp!

I appreciate your feed back and some confirmations. Are you the one who wrote you are a new Christian? [Smile]

If so, you seem to be well educated about current events and prophecy. I read you go to a non-denominational church, and I agree that many deniminational churches have compromised the Faith.

God bless and may He shine His face upon you. [Smile]

Posts: 1392 | From: Maine | Registered: Aug 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
WhiteEagle
Advanced Member
Member # 3728

quote:
Originally posted by Endoxos:
As an afterthought... I remember reading that the Hadith calls the Muslim to cut off the heads and fingertips of Jews and Christians... and in the Bible, in Revelation, it speaks about how people think they're doing God a service by killing us, and how those of us who were "...beheaded for the witness of Jesus, and for the word of God, and which had not worshipped the beast..." (Rev.20:4)... which makes me wonder if the Muslims won't be the Antichrist's "shock troops"...?

**Edit again** Another afterthought... about Jesus' crucifixion. IIRC, Islam states that Judas was swapped with Jesus, or a doppelganger/body double (for lack of any better word) was placed there instead of him, so that it merely looked like Jesus was crucified... heh... if it supposedly was Judas who replaced Jesus... then it nullifies 100% of Jesus' teachings, that the sinner is to serve the whims of the righteous, instead of those who are righteous to be as servants to all, sinner and righteous alike.

Greetings I guess I missed this earlier.

I am beginning to think of the Radical Islamics as the Beast or minions of the anti-christ leader.
It was the beheadings they did this past Spring and early summer that go me to looking back into Revelation. Before these beheadings a few months ago, I couldn't imagine what country would re-instate beheadings as a punishment. Now I know. Muslim kingdoms have long used beheading as punishment and it's not that unusual to their culture.

The Ottoman empire which at one time extended through the Middle East and Northern Africa, and southern Russian provinences was a world empire for about 700 yrs and ended only in 1918. This was primarily Muslim.

After WW1 the Ottoman empire was gone. The Jews were already working to get back into Palestine after WW1. I was surprised to learn this when I read the history of the Jewish goal to have a country again. This was back in the 1920's.

Then WW2 came with Hitler and many people really thought he was the antichrist. He persecuted and murdered all types of peoples, and especially the Jews, in the millions. After WW2 the immigration of Jews back to Israel and the declaration of Israel as a nation in 1948.

In our generation we haven't known much about Islam and as long as they had their empire before 1918, they didn't seem to impact the rest of the world, outside their empire. Always in the background in their own culture, always ready to bargain with the "infidels" as long as we didn't interfere with them.

After Israel became a nation, they have slowly but increasingly made their presence known to the world again. Due to oil as a world need, they also began to see that they could really seize power over the world.

They were looking only to decimate Israel in the 1960's, but this failed and it failed because to them, America helped Israel. So they began to attack America in the 1970's with the Shah's overthow in Iran, and taking Americans hostage in 1979. This terrorism isn't new, it's only been heightened in it's intensity and it's followers have grown over the decades.

They won't give up, they think they go to Allah and paradise if they die for the cause. We can't negociate with them or compromise with them. Like Hiltler, they only wish to extermiate the Jews and any culture that will not accept Islam as the one true religion.

The Islamic religion teaches that it is the last and most perfect religion to worship God or Allah.
They see the Old Testament and the Jews as God's first step, then the New Testament as God's second level to know God. Then they believe that Islam through Mohammed's Koran is the the ultimate and the others have passed into being Infidels. Jews and Christians are looked upon as obsolete ways to worship God, and don't lead to heaven. It is only the pure teachings and following of Islam that leads to paradise through works as outlined in the Koran. They are instructed by the Koran to kill an Infidel when they find one.

Ripp
unregistered

Icon 15 posted            Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
They said their
Goal is to make America a Muslim Country. They are reaching out to young people in colleges and recruiting them. One guy that has changed to Muslim faith was in College stuying to be a Baptist Preacher.

I see this in the crumbling of the foundation of most denominational churches (no offense if you are in one, just calling it like I see it). My father is a retired Methodist minister, my grandfather is a retired Presbyterian organist and so I have seen many churches. Let me say this, I recently left my Presbyterian church because of bad influence, politics etc. About a month ago their church program had information about a gay meeting. The next week the middle insert said, "Meet our Muslim brothers and sisters." I believe this type of activity will "quicken" until the rapture. The Presbyterian Church U.S.A. has recently attacked Israel asking for the removal of financial support for them over the Palestine conflict. Almost all denominational church organizations are heading in this direction. Even the Southern Baptists have been divided by politics. Be carefull where your church is being lead. Make sure THE WORD is strong. I joined the Calvalry Chapel (of Aurora, there are many around the country). It's non-denominational and sticks with teaching the word. The paster of these churches controls the direction leaving the success or failure solely on the pastor. This leaves no room for politics or corruption from outside influences (at least as much as you can control it.) The number of non-denominational churches has exploded recently. Here is the link if you would like to find a church near you. http://www.calvarychapel.org/

quote:
also a couple of months ago it was reported on fox news that France is becoming a moslem nation. The French opened their doors to the muslem people, but they refuse to assimilate, now wanting to turn the entire population to the Islamic faith.
Well, you reap what you sow. Their refusal to support us in fighting terrorism will come back to haunt them. They already have had some problems with terrorists blowing up a church. And now that they have a hostage situation in Iraq, look for major problems developing in France soon. Refusal to fight terrorism is NOT an option, they will learn this soon just as Russia has recently. I expect global terrorism to continue to grow at an alarming rate over these final days. It's no longer only a problem of Israel, and those countries that have ignored, and even harbored terrorists, will face unbelievable consequences.
quote:
I've been wondering, and this is only wondering, mind you....Is the Beast of Revelation here?

I think you are right Eagle, once again I think you are on the right path. You would have to be blind not to see the "quickening" of the end coming so it would be safe to assume that if that the end is near, so is he.
quote:
Islam, in the Islamic radicals are killing Christians in Africa, Indonesia and the Middle East and whereever they have conquered.

What really blows my mind is that some of those on the left CAN'T SEE this. Radical Islam doesn't come in peace, they come to DESTROY "infidels". You can't sit down and work things out with them at a local Starbucks like the left would like you to believe. These animals WANT TO KILL US ALL! End of story! And until the world wakes up and realizes this (won't happen), we will continue to live in a world of terror.
quote:
They call America the "Great Satan".

"The coming of the lawless one is according to the working of Satan, with all power, signs, and lying wonders, and with all unrighteous deception among those who perish, because they did not receive the love of the truth, that they might be saved. And for this reason God will send them strong delusion, that they should believe the lie." - 2 Thessalonians 2:9-12 Deception is strong and blinding today. Surely he is coming soon.
quote:
Will these be the ones who give their kingdoms to the Beast? By the way, I tend to think that America is Babylon.
You might be right. The immorality in our country today is sickening. God have mercy on us.
quote:
Sometimes It seems that Islam has decided to revive the Crusades. What do you think?
I believe it is a simple matter of good vs. evil and it goes back to Isaac and Ishmael. "For it is written that Abraham had two sons: the one by a bondwoman, the other by a freewoman. But he who was of the bondwoman was born according to the flesh, and he of the freewoman through promise, which things are symbolic. For these are the two covenants: the one from Mount Sinai which gives birth to bondage, which is Hagar-for this Hagar is Mount Sinai in Arabia, and corresponds to Jersalem which now is, and is in bondage with her children-but the Jerusalem above is free, which is the mother of us all." - Galatians 4:22-26

"Now we, brethren, as Isaac was, are children of promise. But, as he who was born according to the flesh then persecuted him who was born according to the Spirit, even so it is now. Nevertheless what does the Scripture say? "Cast out the bondwoman and her son, for the son of the bondwoman shall not be heir with the son of the freewoman."" - Galatians 4:28-31 This battle began with the birth of these two and will not stop until the second coming.
quote:
Denial about the intents of the Islamic radicals isn't a good thing.

In fact it's devastating. Keep this in perspective when voting. [Wink]
quote:
Perhaps many Christians are blinded by their own cut and dried view of end times they can't see the reality of what is happening in the world.
I believe that they are blinded by a few things. First of all, secular humanistic views being taught in school are very destructive. Kids these days are being taught to be "sensitive and in touch with their inner beings" to others instead of standing up for God. "Be sympathetic to the terrorists, not the Israeli bomb victims." It's being taught, may God have mercy on those teachers that teach that crud.

Secondly, most of the mainstream denominational churches have become driven by other ideals instead of the word of God. They will do anything to keep the pews AND offering plates filled. If attendance slips, they move to the left and promote gay marriage to get the homosexuals coming back. Kind of like politicians taking polls to see which way to go. What they are doing is extremely dangerous and justice will come soon.

My third observation relates to the second. With the situation in the church, Christians are not being taught to grow in their faith. They don't want the church members to be free to develop faith on their own. If they do, they might study and actually learn what the bible says and what it means. When this happens, attendance will suffer and offerings go down. If people understood the word of God instead of the preachers political views, things would be cleaned up fairly shortly. It's kind of like how the left works. Keep the unfortunate souls dependant on the government for their paychecks so they have to continue to vote for them. God have mercy on those who mislead others.

"My brethren, let not many of you become teachers, knowing that we shall recieve a stricter judgement." James 3:2

"Beloved, do not believe every spirit, but test the spirits, whether they are of God; because many false prophets have gone out into the world." 1 John 4:1
quote:
The American churches have blessed themselves silly. Yes the Lord has blessed America greatly, and this country has done much to protote the Gospel, but the Church needs to Wake Up! Sometimes the sheep are so well-fed and so comfortable, they take the Sheperd for Granted.

Our country has reached the point of meltdown. We have formed many gods out of money, sex, addictions and the like. Destruction and the end is near. I pray for us all. [Bible]
quote:
If our children in the colleges can be converted to Islam, somehow their has been a failing in promoting and preaching the Gospel.

This problem begain in 1962. Please read my earlier post (the second one). http://thechristianbbs.com/cgi-bin/ultimatebb.cgi?ubb=get_topic;f=27;t=000092
quote:
So since radical people of any faith will be looked upon as terrorists, that born again Christians will be looked on as terrorists also?

The main attack will be (and is) on believers of Jesus Christ AND know Him as their Savior. Anyone who is NOT saved (many in todays churches) or do not believe in Jesus as the Messiah, can be influenced to move to the left and accept unsound doctrine (what is happenening to most churches today).
quote:
I have seen the interfaith movement, and that many people even some who do call themselves a christian believe that God uses different religions such as Hindu, Islam, Buddhists, etc as a way to heaven. To them all ways are equal.
Unsound doctrine and failed beliefs are Satan's work. Jesus said to him, "I am THE way, THE truth, and THE life. NO ONE comes to the Father except through Me." (Emphasis mine) - John 14:6

Sorry the post was a little long but it had to be said. Time is short folks, time to sure-up our eternal futures. Jesus is coming soon, are you prepared? God bless... [Cross]

Endoxos
Advanced Member
Member # 2929

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Endoxos   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
We all know that if someone is truly with God, Satan cannot indwell within them... however, the Koran teaches (several times, IIRC) that Muhammed had a demon within him. It also teaches that Mary was Aaron's sister (as in, Moses' sister as well), then in the Hadith, when Muhammed is confronted about it, he backtracks and says that it was tradition for Jews of that time to name themselves after notable people of the past (which is, in fact, a Catholic, and AFAIK not a Jewish, tradition).

There are a lot of conflicting info about the Jews and Christians in the Koran and the Hadith... early on, they say that the People of the Book are blessed and will be saved, then as each book progresses, we get worse and worse, to the point where, in the Hadith, it says that the trees and rocks will speak to the Muslim, ratting on a Jew so the Muslim will kill them, and that there's a special place in hell just for us Jews and Christians. Lucky us. The Hadith accuses us of being polytheists (and our trinity being that of God, Jesus, and Mary), and so Christians get the same reward as pagans and atheists.

**Edit** As an afterthought... I remember reading that the Hadith calls the Muslim to cut off the heads and fingertips of Jews and Christians... and in the Bible, in Revelation, it speaks about how people think they're doing God a service by killing us, and how those of us who were "...beheaded for the witness of Jesus, and for the word of God, and which had not worshipped the beast..." (Rev.20:4)... which makes me wonder if the Muslims won't be the Antichrist's "shock troops"...?

**Edit again** Another afterthought... about Jesus' crucifixion. IIRC, Islam states that Judas was swapped with Jesus, or a doppelganger/body double (for lack of any better word) was placed there instead of him, so that it merely looked like Jesus was crucified... heh... if it supposedly was Judas who replaced Jesus... then it nullifies 100% of Jesus' teachings, that the sinner is to serve the whims of the righteous, instead of those who are righteous to be as servants to all, sinner and righteous alike.

--------------------
My signature is apisdn umop.

Posts: 362 | From: HELP! I'm stuck in a DOS window! | Registered: Mar 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
helpforhomeschoolers
Advanced Member
Member # 15

Icon 1 posted      Profile for helpforhomeschoolers   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Where do you get your information on Islam? I am no friend of Islam, but I do not believe that we should misrepresent their beliefs either, as we must be a witness to Islam. God desires that none should perish and that means the children of Islam. When we make misrepresentations of what Islam believes, we damage our credibility and any hope that we might have of showing them the love of Christ that they may be won to the Gospel.

First- Mohammad had 12 wives....

KHADIJAH: She was 40 years old when she proposed to marry the Prophet when he was 25 years old. After 15years of their marriage he became a prophet. She had been married twice before she married Prophet Muhammad (pbuh). Her first husband was Aby Haleh Al Tamemy and her second husband was Oteaq Almakzomy. They had both died leaving Khadijah a widower. Khadijah died in 621A.D. This was the same year the Prophet ascended into heaven (Meraj).

SAWDA BINT ZAM'A: Her first husband was Al Sakran Ibn Omro Ibn Abed Shamz. He died within a few days after his return from Ethiopia. She was 65 years old, poor, and had no one to care for her. This was why Prophet Muhammad (pbuh) married her.

AISHA SIDDIQA: A woman named Kholeah Bint Hakeem suggested that Prophet Muhammad (pbuh) marry Aishah, the daughter of Aby Bakr, to form a close relationship with Aby Bakr's family. She was already engaged to Jober Ibn Al Moteam Ibn Oday. At this time Jober was not yet a Muslim. The people of Makkah did not object to Aishah becoming married because although she was young, she was mature enough to understand the responsibility of marriage. Prophet Muhammad (bpuh) was engaged to Aishah for 2 years before he married her. Aby Bakr was the first leader after Prophet Muhammad's (pbuh) death.

HAFSAH BINT U'MAR: She was the daughter of Omar, the second Calipha. Omar asked Othman to marry Hafsah. Othman refused because his wife had recently died and Othman did not want to remarry. Omar then went to Aby Bakr but he also refused to marry Hafsah. Aby Bakr knew that the Prophet had already considered marrying Hafsah. Omar then went to Prophet Muhammad (pbuh) and complained that Othman and Aby Bakr did not want to marry his daughter. The Prophet told Omar that his daughter will marry and Othman will also remarry. Othman married the daughter of Prophet Muhammad (pbuh), Om Kolthoom, and Hafsah married the Prophet. This made Omar and Othman both happy.

ZAYNAB BINT KHUZAYMA: Her husband died in the battle of Uhud, leaving her poor and with several children. She was old when Prophet Muhammad (pbuh) married her. She died 3 months after she married the Prophet 625 A.D.

SALAMA BINT UMAYYA: Her husband, Abud Allah Abud Al Assad Ibn Al Mogherah, died leaving Hend poor and with many children. Hend was at least 65 years old at the time. Aby Bakr and several others asked her to marry them, but because she loved her husband very much, she refused the marriage's offers. But finally she accepted Prophet mohammad's offer to marry her and take care of her children.

ZAYNAB BINT JAHSH: She was the daughter of Prophet Muhammad's aunt, Omameh Bint Abud Almutaleb. The Prophet arranged for Zaynab to marry Zayed Ibn Hareathah Al Kalby. This marriage did not last and the Prophet received a verse in the Quran which stated that if they became divorced, then the Prophet must marry Zaynab (Sura 33:37).

JUWAYRIYA BINT AL-HARITH: Her first husband's name was Masafeah Ibn Safuan. Prophet Muhammad (pbuh) wanted Juayreah's tribe (Beni Al Mostalag)to convert to Islam. Juayreah became a prisoner after the Muslims won the Battle of Al Mostalaq. Juayreah's father came to the Prophet and offered a payment for her return. The Prophet asked her father to give her a choice. When she was given a choice she said she accepted Islam and Prophet Muhammad as the last God's Messenger. The Prophet then married her. Her tribe of Beni Almostalag accepted Islam.

SAFIYYA BINT HUYAYY: She was from the tribe of Beni Nadir, who were from the children of Levi (Israel). She was married twice before, then she married Prophet Muhammad (pbuh). Her first husband Salam Ibn Moshkem, and her second husband was Kenanah Ibn Al Rabeeah.

UMMU HABIBA BINT SUFYAN: Her first husband was Aubed Allah Jahish. He was the son of the aunt of Prophet Muhammad (pbuh). Aubed Allah died in Ethiopia. The king of Ethiopia arranged the marriage of Ramelah to Prophet Muhammad (pbuh).

MAYAMUNA BINT AL-HARITH: She was 26years old when she married Prophet Muhammad (pbuh). Her first husband was Abu Rahma Ibn Abed Alzey. When the Prophet opened Makkah in 630 AD , she came to the Prophet, accepted Islam and proposed to marry him. Her actions encouraged Many Makkahans to accept Islam and Prophet Muhammad (pbuh).

MARIA AL-QABTIYYA: She was sent to Prophet Muhammad (pbuh) as a hand maid servant from the king of Egypt. Maria had a son from the Prophet. His name was Ibrahim. This is Maria the Copt. She was a Copt, This is the Christian Orthodox Chruch of Egypt. Some deny that Maria was a wife of Mohammad, but claim she was his concubine, while others vehemently defend that she was his wife. She is the only one to bear him a child other than his first wife.

Next:

The historic Jesus is known in Islam as Isa. He is a great prophet of Allah, sent down from heaven.

Muslims do not believe that Isa is dead or was ever crucified. They believe that he was raised to heaven and is there, and will descend at the appointed time, end all wars, and bring peace to the world.

Islam believes that Like Jesus Muhammad is also a Prophet and Messenger. But they believe that Muhammed is the last Prophet and there is none after him. They believe that Jesus prophesied the coming of Mohammad.

This makes for them Islam is the last religion, complete, with the Holy Qur'an as the unchanged and perfect word of God for over 1400 years, as God promised to preserve it till the last day for all of humankind, unlike sacred texts of our Christianity which have mulitple versions and are "revised" periodically.

The followers of Islam believe that Isa the destroyer of Christianity

Muslims believe the prophet ‘Isa will have an important role in the end times, establishing Islam and making war until he destroys all religions save Islam. He shall kill the Evil One (Dajjal), an apocalyptic anti-Christ figure.

They believe he (‘Isa) will destroy the Evil One and will live on the earth for forty years and then he will die.

Posts: 4684 | From: Southern Black Hills of South Dakota | Registered: Jun 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
yahsway
Advanced Member
Member # 3738

Icon 1 posted      Profile for yahsway     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
here is also a few things ill throw out there for you guys to chew on. first, mohommed was married to an ex catholic nun. This is why you see so many in Islam with the prayer beads. They also believe that Jesus will show up first toprepare the way for mohommed before his return. kind of like John the Baptist who was the forerunner who prepared the way for Jesus. so those of Islamic faith, are looking for Jesus, those of the christian faith are looking for Jesus, The Jews are still waiting for the Messiah, which we know is Jesus, and so the whole world is looking for Jesus.The catholics call the protestants erring brothers, and look to bring us and all faiths under one umbrella being the catholic church. Islam is a mixture of all three faiths of Judaisim, Christianity, and the teachings of mohammed. Right here in this little town i live in (TN) there are several different denominations, baptist, assembly of God, Methodists, Episcopalians, who all meet together once a month to bring our little county here in Tennessee more closer to Ecumenalism. In my humble opinion, i forsee all denominations coming together under a one world relgion if you will, people will be decivevd into thinking it is of the Father when it is not, The crusades and inquisitions of long ago will repeat itself, all being done in the name of Jesus! The Roman empire will once again rise up, the pusdochrist will rise to power under this umbrella, claiming to be the messiah of the world, but in actuality he is the AntiChrist because he will be aginst the true things and the true people of the One True Christ.I beleive some of us will go in to captitvity, some of us will be martyred, others maybe in hiding.I guess if you really want to know the future look back to the past, it tends to repeat itself. But one sure sign is all the talk of peace and safety, from terrorists, for israel peace, the whole world is in the birth pain process. Lets keep looking up ! be blessed
Posts: 1238 | From: Tennessee | Registered: Aug 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
shadowmaker
Advanced Member
Member # 3696

Icon 1 posted      Profile for shadowmaker     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Doesnt revelation say in the last days that Christianity will be the minority? That another religion will rise up, causing a one world religion and then a mark must be received? And Christians will then have to hide their beliefs, meet in private, etc etc etc.

There are things coming to pass that we cant stop. I dont want to be one of the ones left behind when alot of this stuff unfolds. Call me crazy if you want.

Brad

Posts: 272 | Registered: Jul 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Trafield
unregistered

Icon 1 posted            Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
WhiteEagle, yes you seemed to understand what I was saying perfectly.

As far as the storm goes, I am just thanking God that me and my family in different parts of the Central Florida area all made it through without too many problems. My son had a close call in the storm when he went out in the storm because he heard something pelting the back of their house and was afraid the sliding glass door would break. He drove an SUV around to the back yard and parked it in front of the door and discovered that shingles were coming off the roof of the house behind him and slamming into his house. As soon as he parked the vehicle and got out a shingle hit the rear window of the vehicle and shattered the glass! He made it back in to the house okay and the vehicle protected the door. He only lost some aluminum facia.
I have been notified today that I am out of work "until further notice" because my office in Orlando is still without power and the roads are still pretty littered with debris.
So I am joyful for God's blessings, but still sorrowful for those hurting from loss. It is an awesome time to witness and pray for those in need. And I thank God for your concern, WhiteEagle...it means alot.

Daniel S
Advanced Member
Member # 1714

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Daniel S   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Perhaps we're overlooking the fact that Islam is not a unified religion. A leader from within Islam who might drive its divergent forces together might also be the impetus for driving the other main world religions together into a false peace and a false ecumenism. The structures for this are already in place as the world's major ecumenical bodies have been highjacked by false Christian ecumenism and now reach out to Islam. It's not a stretch that a so-called "world religion" might come through a strong Islamic leader in active religious "cooperation" and re-imaging with those bodies now in place.

Dan

--------------------
The Lord bless you indeed.
http://www.First-EMC.org (shameless self promotion)

Posts: 436 | From: on the Ohio River | Registered: Jun 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
WhiteEagle
Advanced Member
Member # 3728

Icon 16 posted      Profile for WhiteEagle     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
God bless you, Trafield. You're in the middle of Florida, with a diaster to deal with, and you aren't overcome. My prayers and thoughts are with the people of Florida. I often send money to the Salvation Army, and will continue to do so.

quote:
Originally posted by Trafield:
WhiteEagle, some very interesting thoughts and well worth considering. However, I still feel that the "religion" of the last days will not be a "radical" relgion, but a religion comprised of many faiths (interfaithism) in which each religion is seen as vailid pathways toward God. Any faith that teach religious exclusiveness (that there is only one way to heaven)will be labeled as radicals, As long as the faiths remain "tolerant" than they will be allowed to blend in to the new religous order of the new one-world government (note there are some who call themselves Christians who feel Jesus, Budah and Allah are really the same God--which of course is a lie from the pit of Hell). Untolerant Chiristians and Muslims will be persecuted for the sake of "religious tolerance." In other words, "radical Christianity" will be seen every bit as much of a terrorist threat as the radical Muslim faith.
This is the way I see it playing out anyway.

I'm not completely sure what you mean, but this Is what I think you mean:

Christianity does teach that there is only one Way to heaven; through Jesus Christ. That's my belief.

So since radical people of any faith will be looked upon as terrorists, that born again Christians will be looked on as terrorists also?

I have seen the interfaith movement, and that many people even some who do call themselves a christian believe that God uses different religions such as Hindu, Islam, Buddhists, etc as a way to heaven. To them all ways are equal.

I don't believe that. So I take it you are saying that anyone who holds any kind of exclusive view or doctrine will be looked upon as suspecious?

If that's what you mean, I do agree it could come to that very easily.

Trafield
unregistered

Icon 1 posted            Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
WhiteEagle, some very interesting thoughts and well worth considering. However, I still feel that the "religion" of the last days will not be a "radical" relgion, but a religion comprised of many faiths (interfaithism) in which each religion is seen as vailid pathways toward God. Any faith that teach religious exclusiveness (that there is only one way to heaven)will be labeled as radicals, As long as the faiths remain "tolerant" than they will be allowed to blend in to the new religous order of the new one-world government (note there are some who call themselves Christians who feel Jesus, Budah and Allah are really the same God--which of course is a lie from the pit of Hell). Untolerant Chiristians and Muslims will be persecuted for the sake of "religious tolerance." In other words, "radical Christianity" will be seen every bit as much of a terrorist threat as the radical Muslim faith.
This is the way I see it playing out anyway.

WhiteEagle
Advanced Member
Member # 3728

I was really hoping someone out there had some thoughts about my questions.

Denial about the intents of the Islamic radicals isn't a good thing.

I read a book by Hal Linsay about 10 years ago. I can't remember if it was "The Late Great Planet Earth," or another one of his books. But in it, he predicts that Islam will be the greatest threat toward Christians. He obviously wrote this book before 9/11.

Perhaps many Christians are blinded by their own cut and dried view of end times they can't see the reality of what is happening in the world.

I'm not trolling, I'd like some honest to goodness discussion, not some long regurgitated sermonizing.

I believe it's time the Church stopped pampering itself and took Ephesians 6:10-17 seriously.

The American churches have blessed themselves silly. Yes the Lord has blessed America greatly, and this country has done much to protote the Gospel, but the Church needs to Wake Up! Sometimes the sheep are so well-fed and so comfortable, they take the Sheperd for Granted.

If our children in the colleges can be converted to Islam, somehow their has been a failing in promoting and preaching the Gospel.

WhiteEagle
Advanced Member
Member # 3728

quote:
Originally posted by whitesands777:
Muslims don't know who Jesus is..And it's time to tell these individuals the truth of the Lord and Saviour Jesus Christ!!!

You are correct, they do not know that Jesus Christ is the Messiah and King of Kings and is The Lord.

Islam does believe that Jesus was a prophet, like Muhammad is their prophet. I used to post on the CNN message boards before 9/11 and happened to converse with some Muslims. They would always write "Jesus Christ Peace be upon Him"

But that is the only thing they believe about Jesus, they don't believe he is God and that He is the Way of Salvation.

In actuality they have the spirit of antichrist. They deny that Christ [i]Is come in the flesh. As it says in 1 John4:1-3.

vs 3"...and every spirit that does not confess that Jesus is not from God; and this is the spirit of antichrist."

Islam denies that the Holy Spirit indwells the believers of Christ.

Muslims have called Christians "people of the Book", but now the fanatics call us "infidels".

Sometimes It seems that Islam has decided to revive the Crusades. What do you think?

WhiteEagle
Advanced Member
Member # 3728

quote:
Originally posted by TEXASGRANDMA:
I head something on the T.V. today that was upsetting.
The Church in America with the most growth is
Muslims. It is not just Arab Americans but people who are
Born and raised in this Country who are switching to Muslims
Religion. It is even growing among Texans. They said their
Goal is to make America a Muslim Country. They are reaching out to young people in colleges and recruiting them. One guy that has changed to Muslim faith was in College stuying to be a Baptist Preacher.

I've been wondering, and this is only wondering, mind you....Is the Beast of Revelation here?

If one reads Revelation Chapter 13 it describes some things about the Beast. vs 7 "...and it was given him to make war with the saints and to overcome them; authority over ever tribe and people and tonque and nation was given to him."

Then in Chapter 17, it talks about Babylon and in vs.14-18. It tells that the beast hates the harlot and destroys her. vs 17... "For God has put it in their hearts to execute his purpose, by having a common purpose, and by giving their kingdoms to the beast, until the words of God should be fulfilled."

Islam, in the Islamic radicals are killing Christians in Africa, Indonesia and the Middle East and whereever they have conquered.

They call America the "Great Satan".

Will these be the ones who give their kingdoms to the Beast? By the way, I tend to think that America is Babylon.

In Daniel 11:37, he says of the beast,:"And he will show no regard for the gods of his fathers or for the desire of women,..."

Islam treats women with disrepect and allows women no rights or desires. Women are treated as objects, not human beings. The Islamic fanatics are disregarding the basic teachings of Islam of Peace, and they forget the God of Abraham, Isaac and Jacob. This is important as Muslims claim Father Abraham as their prophet also.

Any thoughts?

whitesands777
Advanced Member
Member # 3424

Icon 1 posted      Profile for whitesands777     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Glassnobody

Don't worry...We know what the truth is and that is that Jesus Christ will come again and rule the world!

Muslims don't know who Jesus is..And it's time to tell these individuals the truth of the Lord and Saviour Jesus Christ!!!

Posts: 501 | Registered: May 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
TEXASGRANDMA
Advanced Member
Member # 847

Icon 1 posted      Profile for TEXASGRANDMA     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
yahsway ,
I can imagine him turning Muslem is more upsetting than jail. For even in jail he could give his life to Jesus and go to Heaven. But as long as he abandon's Jesus, he will go to hell. So very sad for a mother. I will pray for her and for him that God will bring him back to a faith in Jesus as Lord and Savior.
God bless you, honey.
Hugs,
Betty

--------------------
Luk 21:28 And when these things begin to come to pass, then look up, and lift up your heads; for your redemption draweth nigh.
http://www.indieheaven.com/artists/mm (son-in-law)http://www.myspace.com/mireles

Posts: 4985 | From: Washington State | Registered: Jan 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
yahsway
Advanced Member
Member # 3738

Icon 1 posted      Profile for yahsway     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
also a couple of months ago it was reported on fox news that France is becoming a moslem nation. The French opened their doors to the muslem people, but they refuse to assimilate, now wanting to turn the entire population to the Islamic faith. One French offical said it was very disturbing, but the door has been opened and he estimated within next 5 years the entire population and nation of France would become an Islamic nation. I met a lady last year whose son is in prison(Has been there about 7 years now)and he has turned to the Islamic faith. She said he was so radical about it that she didnt know him anymore. She is a believer and she said he will be getting out of prison soon and she fears him. Can you imagine fearing your own son? I will continue to pray for her as this seem more upsetting to her than his being in jail.Be blessed
Posts: 1238 | From: Tennessee | Registered: Aug 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Glassnobody
Advanced Member
Member # 2434

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Glassnobody     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
It's also interesting to note that some estimate that the number of Muslims will surpass the number of Christians with in the next 20 years or so making it the dominate religion of the world.

http://www.religioustolerance.org/growth_isl_chr.htm

Posts: 65 | Registered: Nov 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
TEXASGRANDMA
Advanced Member
Member # 847

Icon 20 posted      Profile for TEXASGRANDMA     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I head something on the T.V. today that was upsetting.
The Church in America with the most growth is
Muslims. It is not just Arab Americans but people who are
Born and raised in this Country who are switching to Muslims
Religion. It is even growing among Texans. They said their

--------------------
Luk 21:28 And when these things begin to come to pass, then look up, and lift up your heads; for your redemption draweth nigh.
http://www.indieheaven.com/artists/mm (son-in-law)http://www.myspace.com/mireles

Posts: 4985 | From: Washington State | Registered: Jan 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Christian Message Board | Privacy Statement