Christian Chat Network

This version of the message boards has closed.
Please click below to go to the new Christian BBS website.

New Message Boards - Click Here

You can still search for the old message here.

Christian Message Boards

| | search | faq | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Christian Message Boards   » Bible Studies   » The Christian News   » Christian Fired for "Anti-Gay" Bible Verses

Author Topic: Christian Fired for "Anti-Gay" Bible Verses
helpforhomeschoolers
Advanced Member
Member # 15

Icon 1 posted      Profile for helpforhomeschoolers   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I read this the other day and the article on the page about Kodak and Motorolla as well, but I did not have time to comment.

I find it very sad that diversity has come to speak to one's sexual preferences. I refuse to call it sexual orientation. People are not oriented toward homosexual sin other than to say that man - that is carnal man is oriented to sin period.

God is the creator of diversity. He created the diversity of language and culture, when he scattered the people at Babel. As Children of the most High God, we should recognize that though the human race is diverse in culture and in language we have one creator God. This is the Biblical world-view of diversity. It is a worldview that says all human race regardless of cultural diversity or birthright is welcomed by God to follow his commands and statutes and thus be HIS people and HE their God.

But God does not call us to inclusivity, he calls us to sancticifcation- separatism of that which is holy from that which is not.

The ideas of inclusivity and eccumenism that lead us to hearld sin in the name of diversity is not of God. It is of the Father of Lies Satan. It is a humanistic mindset that says what ever is right in the mind of man is right.

This is faulty logic at best and will lead to the destruction of the human race not preservation of it.

Homosexuality is sin; just as murder is sin. Why? because the BIBLE says so.

According to the humanist view there is no standard of right and wrong; right and wrong exisit only in the individial human mind.

But how can this be? If I think it is my right to murder you. Does that not violate your right to life?

Humanism will never work. It cant. It is a lie.

So, with this idea that in the name of diversity we should also be inclusive, accepting all things, as well as all peoples.

This article where man is forced to be inclusive in his acceptance of the parading of sin in the workplace or not work, makes one wonder if the mark of the beast might be the "Gay symbol of the rainbow". I say this faciously of course, but the point I think is made.

What place does one's sexual preference have in the workpace in the first place??? Do I need to parade around my physical attraction to men in order to effectively do my job? My sexual preferences are irrelevant to my work performance!

This should show us that there is something much more grand at work in the movement toward inclusivity in the name of diversity and the acceptance of homosexual sin in our society than meets they eye. This more grand idea is found in the very name of the day that this memo was about: Gay PRIDE

Pride, human pride that exhaults itself against God and taunts itself about waving its sin for all to see as it mocks God! This was the cause of Satan's fall from Glory! So it will be for the proud. God is not mocked!

And we, the ones who call our selves children of the Most High God, will we also be found to mock God for our silence?

Do we not also mock God when we separate unto satan our work life and bow to the mamagement that says it is OK to flaunt your sexual sin... that is diversity; but it is not OK to post the word of God lest you offend?

Will God have something to say about out standing by in silence and bowing before the enemy that seeks to take his word and either corrupt it as Satan did in the beginning (ye shall not die?) or to remove it altogether from the face of the earth?

God is either Lord of our whole life including our work life or he is Lord of none of our life.

The word of GOD IS OFFENSIVE.

It does not call for inclusivity. It calls for us to come out and be ye separate.

Posts: 4684 | From: Southern Black Hills of South Dakota | Registered: Jun 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
RioLion
unregistered

Icon 11 posted            Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
The article states that "HP said Peterson was fired for insubordination after refusing to remove the quotes when managers determined they could be viewed as offensive."

Management has the rights (or duty) to keep the workplace as pleasant and unoffensive as possible. This would involve removing offensive posters such as nude woman, dirty jokes, and yes, even scriptural verses. In todays very diverse workplace where we have pluralistic views and even different cultural backgrounds, I think that the court was correct in its decision. I had to work with a transexual and it was not easy but one in order to do the job which I was hired to do, it was necessary to keep certain views to myself. Identifying myself as a Christian should suffice. [thumbsup2]

IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Daniel S
Advanced Member
Member # 1714

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Daniel S   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
In America today, there is acceptance of everything except Scriptural Christianity; see Romans 1:18-2:1.

(BTW: CSs, UUs, JWs, and LDSs are accepted, but they are not Scripturally Christian - they only claim to be Christian).

--------------------
The Lord bless you indeed.
http://www.First-EMC.org (shameless self promotion)

Posts: 436 | From: on the Ohio River | Registered: Jun 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
KnowHim
Admin
Member # 1

Icon 2 posted      Profile for KnowHim   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Christian Fired for "Anti-Gay" Bible Verses

A devout Christian employee who was fired for posting quotes from the Bible
condemning homosexuality lost an appeal in federal court yesterday ...

http://www.worldnetdaily.com/news/article.asp?ARTICLE_ID=36484

--------------------
Video Tracts
Christian Media
LiveTracts
Friend Me On Facebook
Evangelism TackleBox

Posts: 3276 | From: Charlestown, IN | Registered: Jun 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Christian Message Board | Privacy Statement