Christian Chat Network

This version of the message boards has closed.
Please click below to go to the new Christian BBS website.

New Message Boards - Click Here

You can still search for the old message here.

Christian Message Boards

| | search | faq | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Christian Message Boards   » Bible Studies   » The Christian News   » Plug & Pray?

Author Topic: Plug & Pray?
KnowHim
Admin
Member # 1

Icon 2 posted      Profile for KnowHim   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Thanks! I was wondering if I was the only on that felt this way.

I agree with you!

I really don't know who made it. I got the link off of www.e-vangelism.com and wanted to see what others thought of it.

--------------------
Video Tracts
Christian Media
LiveTracts
Friend Me On Facebook
Evangelism TackleBox

Posts: 3276 | From: Charlestown, IN | Registered: Jun 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
helpforhomeschoolers
Advanced Member
Member # 15

Icon 1 posted      Profile for helpforhomeschoolers   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
This site has links to the Landover Baptist Church site which is another Satire site and was posted at one time by someone I think Mac and I deleted the link fearing that someone would see it posted here and view it as real.

Can I assume that this one was written by the same folks?

I think the point is well made here; but at the same time I guess I dont have a great appreciation for satire. Satire esposes evil and wickedness through wit and irony. But should we be laughing at the sad truth that this wickedness exists???

There will alsways be wickedness in the self claimed "church" this will be the case until the evil one is cast forever into the lake of fire. But when satire is used to expose it, particularly in the hands of ones who already hate God, I fear that real damage is done to those who are seeking the truth. It is funny because I see this same thing as a problem in the world outside the west where the Roman Catholic Church is viewed as Christianity and the evil hisotry of the RCC that is know to a much greater extent in Europe than in the west keeps people feeling like they want no part of Christianity when in fact the RCC is not Christianity.

I dont think the people with the Landover site are motivated for any holy purpose with their satire site. I see that site as a terrible mockery of God and Christianity.

As to this site specifically, I guess I feel that a clever and talented person put an incredible amount of work into creating it, and perhaps there is a ring of truth in what it has to say and a sad truth about how many view God in general, but how much could be accomplished for the kingdom if the talents of the webmaster on this site were used to build and edify the kingdom of God and evangelize the lost for Christ.

What a very sad waste of talent that is used to make mockery of such a serious problem in the world today and a problem that is sending many to hell.

Posts: 4684 | From: Southern Black Hills of South Dakota | Registered: Jun 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
KnowHim
Admin
Member # 1

Icon 20 posted      Profile for KnowHim   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Just wanted to see what everyone thinks about this?

Plug'n'Pray conversion kits
Getting converted has never been so easy! A nice little satire that should serve as a cautionary tale about virtual evangelism.

http://www.plug-pray.org/

Thanks for comments!

Posts: 3276 | From: Charlestown, IN | Registered: Jun 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Christian Message Board | Privacy Statement