Christian Chat Network

This version of the message boards has closed.
Please click below to go to the new Christian BBS website.

New Message Boards - Click Here

You can still search for the old message here.

Christian Message Boards

| | search | faq | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Christian Message Boards   » Bible Studies   » The Christian News   » Gays allowed to marry in Mass

Author Topic: Gays allowed to marry in Mass
jar
Member # 2349

Icon 10 posted      Profile for jar   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Hi Folks!

My name is Joanne Ratchford and I live in Nottingham, England, United Kingdom.

I too am concerned that Christians who claim to be Bible believing, assume that because God is love that it means we can do what we like and God will still love us. God is love - the New Testament states that. However, I think maybe we need to look at the God of the Old Testament. We need to remember what God said of His own people Israel. When they disobeyed and went after other gods, He chastised them; gave them over to their enemies. When they cried for help and bade forgiveness, He forgave them and bade them keep His commandments. Let us not be deceived, God is not mocked. Whoremongers, adulterers, etc will not enter into the Kingdom of God. God is love, Yes. But He is a God of Holiness, Righteousness, Justice. Many things occurred in the Bible but we have to remember the environment, social settings, and customs of that time. It was lawful to marry a maiden under the age of 16 years old. It is not now. We have to use wisdom. God from the very beginning stated that a man would leave father and mother and cleave unto himself a wife. God has never put a man together with a man. This is an abomination to God. I must hasten to add that I have had many homosexual friends - I had a dear gay friend who died of aids a week after his partner. I have had lesbian friends. I am not homophobic. I do not wish them any ill. As Christians we have to understand that it is God's love that wins people over not hatred. My God love's the homosexual and the lesbian and wants them to come to Him. BUT ...God expects to see the change of Salvation where the things they used to do, they do them no more. Gays and Lesbians must be allowed to come to God. And we must allow God to do His great work of changing individuals lives so that gays and lesbians will not practice as they do. So, lets put away the hatred and pray that God will do His life saving work by amazing grace. [clap2]

Posts: 3 | From: United Kingdom | Registered: Nov 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Miguel
Advanced Member
Member # 47

Icon 16 posted      Profile for Miguel   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Love is not “just” to be Loved but it has a very clear definition of that Love, which is in Christ Jesus.

This is LOVE;

(Gen 2:21) And Jehovah God caused a deep sleep to fall on Adam, and he slept. And He took one of his ribs, and closed up the flesh underneath.

(Gen 2:22) And Jehovah God made the rib (which He had taken from the man) into a woman. And He brought her to the man.

(Gen 2:23) And Adam said, This is now bone of my bones and flesh of my flesh. She shall be called Woman because she was taken out of man.

(Gen 2:24) Therefore shall a man leave his father and his mother, and shall cleave to his wife and they shall be one flesh.

(Gen 2:25) And they were both naked, the man and his wife; and they were not ashamed.

(Gen 2:18) And Jehovah God said, It is not good that the man should be alone. I will make a helper suitable for him.

(Joh 3:16) For God so loved the world that He gave His only-begotten Son, that whoever believes in Him should not perish but have everlasting life.

(Rev 1:5) even from Jesus Christ the faithful Witness, the First-born from the dead and the Ruler of the kings of the earth. To Him who loved us and washed us from our sins in His own blood,

--------------------
Romans 9:11-24

Our Eschatology may vary even our Ecclesiology may be disputed among us but our Soteriology most assume a singularity and exclusivity which in biblical term is known as Quote; "The Narrow Way" and Quote!

Posts: 2792 | From: Stockton,Ca | Registered: Jun 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Lucy
Member # 2254

Icon 4 posted      Profile for Lucy     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
that was my friend's wording, she posted for me. i agree with her tho, just not the words. love is love!!!!!!!!!! [Kiss] these smilys look like they're of the same sex....
Posts: 5 | Registered: Oct 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
capecodmom4
Community Member
Member # 2224

Icon 18 posted      Profile for capecodmom4     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
As a resident of Massachusetts I am real upset about what the court had decided. I ask for prayers for those judges to understand what the Bible states. You need to understand as well that this is not the first step that they have done in Massachusetts. Several years ago a program, Second Step, was set up in the school systems to promote "anti-bulling". This is part of the homosexual community to infilltrate first into the schools and now they are coming into all our lives. As a parent I decided quickly to not allow my children to participate in this program, though I am looked down upon from members of my family.
I am not one of those people who don't know what the heck I am talking about when I say that I understand some things about homosexuality, not that I did it. I have a sister who has made that type of choice 12 years ago and is still in the same relationship. She has stated that she made this choice not that she was born to it. I love my sister for the person she is not her life style, just as she loves me for me. These are choices, but don't we as Christians have a choice not to have it shoved down our throats? We are being told that we are shoving the Bible down their throats, but I don't see it. We as Christians have sat back long enough to what is going on and Massachusetts has been allowing this infilltration of the gay community to come into our lives by telling us we have to accept them. Well accept me for me and don't tell me or my children that we are wrong in our beliefs. Let us live our lives as God wants us to, not what some people want to decide we should do. It is unfair to we the little people to continue to do as the government thinks we should because there are those who have the resources to finacially back their beliefs up, but I don't so I (and those who are Christians) don't get heard. We need a voice and though signing the petition is great I don't know if they will listen until we get so many more behind us to let all governing bodies know that we don't want this or anything like it to be allowed.
Sorry if this is sounding angry I am just fed up with all that is going on here in Massachusetts. I do love living here on Cape Cod, but I don't want to raise my children in a gay society. Growing up here we understood that there were people who liked those of the same sex, but they basically stayed in one town at the tip of the Cape. (I am not saying that this is where all gays should be now) I just feel that we know that they are around just as they know we are around. Lets just go about our lives and not keep pushing each others beliefs onto each other, maybe one group or the other may learn something about the other and change their opinions (towards the Lord). I have always been under the beliefs that we just need to love the sinner to the Lord. Pushing only begets pushing back neither wins.

Posts: 18 | From: Cape Cod, MA | Registered: Oct 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
barrykind
Advanced Member
Member # 35

Icon 1 posted      Profile for barrykind     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Quoted by Phillip

quote:
Also, defeating evil sometimes requires that you study darkness. Know your enemy.

i use to think that also Phillip, but God has brought me to a different direction.

i had a dream one night, my brothers and i were studying the bible and verbally expounding one toward another while we were walking down the road.

i have not had many dreams in my life but this one was like i was there.!

As we walked i noticed a man with a black top hat and black cape lined with red satin. He was a curious looking fellow and he was walking the opposite way we were so i stopped and pondered what he was up to. SO i started to follow him, and as he would reach the corner of a tall building he would dart around the corner. i followed, as i would see him at the end of the block and follow til i was very close and once again he would dart around another corner of the next building. Humm i pondered what is up with this fellow. This went on for a long while, and all of the sudden i looked up and my brothers were gone. NO where to be found, and i was in panic; i searched diligently and to no avail for the were no were in sight nor sound.. Totally shocked i awoke and God spoke to me as clear as i have ever heard. " YOU WILL NEVER FIND LIGHT BY STUDYING THE DARKNESS"

Then God revealed to me the man in the hat was satan, and he would lead you off the mark little by little, like a drom of water into a 100 gallon bucket, when all of the sudden without notice the bucket was full and you could not lift it anymore!

Like Sampson..."the Spirit had departed" What a horrific tradgedy!

i was at that time studying:

Jehova Witnesses
Mormanism
Bahai Faith
The Catholic Church
Kingdom Now Movement
and so many other cults to numerous to name

My point being:

[Bible]
2 Cor 2:11 that no advantage may be gained over us by Satan: for we are not ignorant of his devices.

PET 5:8 Be sober, be vigilant; because your adversary the devil, as a roaring lion, walketh about, seeking whom he may devour:

We are not "ignorant" to satan's devices; when we study the true, the light and walk in that light; the darkness will be exposed... amen

There is too much false to study, the true is only ONE, the false "everything else"

So be encouraged dear PhillipIHS; study the pattern and the false way WILL be exposed..amen

In HIM
barry

PS edit::
Let me clarify something: i do not put a lot of stock in dreams without checking it out with the WORD OF GOD!... dreams can be false or true or nothing at all......i do not base my walk with the LORD on dreams and visions alone, our senses can be fooled...amen

--------------------
The HEART of the issue is truly the issue of the HEART!
John 3:3;Mark 8:34-38;James 1:27

Posts: 3529 | From: Orange, Texas | Registered: Jun 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
helpforhomeschoolers
Advanced Member
Member # 15

Icon 1 posted      Profile for helpforhomeschoolers   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
i think the bible teaches that we never learn of light studying darkness, nor do we win the world carrying signs against sin..We stand against sin and convience the gainsayers etc. i would rather spend an hour of my time witnessing or praying rather than on a street corner carrying a sign against abortion...

i feel this is what God is saying, Yahshua [Jesus] did not go to the bars and carry a sign against drunkeness. He came to preach what He heard the Father saying, preaching the kingdom of God.

Thats what i was trying to convey.

Yep that was my point too!
Posts: 4684 | From: Southern Black Hills of South Dakota | Registered: Jun 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
barrykind
Advanced Member
Member # 35

Icon 1 posted      Profile for barrykind     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
im not real sure where Lucy is coming from, but i have an idea.

Good advice MAC

[thumbsup2]

--------------------

Posts: 3529 | From: Orange, Texas | Registered: Jun 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
barrykind
Advanced Member
Member # 35

i was agreeing with your post Linda, but upon re-reading it, seems i was going a different direction.. When i said that this is basically "my thoughts" i was speaking of your quote..

i think the bible teaches that we never learn of light studying darkness, nor do we win the world carrying signs against sin..We stand against sin and convience the gainsayers etc. i would rather spend an hour of my time witnessing or praying rather than on a street corner carrying a sign against abortion...

i feel this is what God is saying, Yahshua [Jesus] did not go to the bars and carry a sign against drunkeness. He came to preach what He heard the Father saying, preaching the kingdom of God.

Thats what i was trying to convey. [Smile]

This thread has a lot of good points and many worth discussing, but this thread is going in to many directions..
Someone should start another thread on some of these topics.

God Bless
barry

--------------------

Miguel
Advanced Member
Member # 47

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Miguel   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Lucy:
you cultists smell really bad... There's nothing wrong with gays. I don't know the exact verse, but the bible does mention even that Noah did the No-no-cha-cha with one of his sons. WHAT NOW!!!????

Thank you for your opinion at this time but I suggest that you would take time in read the Words of your Creator and learn from Him and not men. By the time you have read Genesis you will have a better understanding concerning Noah.

--------------------

Our Eschatology may vary even our Ecclesiology may be disputed among us but our Soteriology most assume a singularity and exclusivity which in biblical term is known as Quote; "The Narrow Way" and Quote!

Posts: 2792 | From: Stockton,Ca | Registered: Jun 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Lucy
Member # 2254

Icon 4 posted      Profile for Lucy     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
you cultists smell really bad... There's nothing wrong with gays. I don't know the exact verse, but the bible does mention even that Noah did the No-no-cha-cha with one of his sons. WHAT NOW!!!????
Posts: 5 | Registered: Oct 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
helpforhomeschoolers
Advanced Member
Member # 15

Icon 1 posted      Profile for helpforhomeschoolers   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Better to show the way to LIFE than campaining against any one particular sin.. [My opinion]

Not saying God does not call someone to campaign here or thier for a particular cause..

This does not seem to be the general rule tho.

But it does seem to be the way God dealt with it in scripture doesnt it Barry? If it is the way the masses are doing it it is probably not God's way. His ways are not the ways of the world.
Posts: 4684 | From: Southern Black Hills of South Dakota | Registered: Jun 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
barrykind
Advanced Member
Member # 35

lSister Linda aka HFHS

quote:
We could spend every moment of every day and not have enough moments to contemplate all the eveil and atrocities that the enemy is at work in today. And tomorrow will bring more.

But God is on the throne; these things must come to pass; let us be led by them to more urgently preach his Word; let us not be dismayed by their happenings but moved to the urgency of the moment to reach the lost for Christ.

Let us not meditate on what the enemy is doing, but let us be found working with great urgency to share the message of Christ and let us be looking up for our redemption is nigh at hand; there is not much time left.

This would basically be mythoughts.....

We could stand on a street corner and bear a sign against sin...but which one?????

Drunkeness?
Fornication?
Covetessness?
Stealing?
Lying?
etc
etc

Better to show the way to LIFE than campaining against any one particular sin.. [My opinion]

Not saying God does not call someone to campaign here or thier for a particular cause..

This does not seem to be the general rule tho.

In Yahshua's [Jesus] day they had Roman bathhouses, fornication, prostitution, drunkeness, and all the sins of this world. Yahshua [Jesus] Rebuked the ones that were suppose to be of the House of Israel, but never the world. The world is already condemned!

[Smile]

His mission and ours should be "about our Father's business"

My view anyway
God BLess
barry

--------------------

Miguel
Advanced Member
Member # 47

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Miguel   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
What I see and read from all of this, is that the Lord is aloud in more and more the hearts of men to be reaveal and his condition. The best weapon at this point that I know I have given by God is prayer for this lifes for we dont know who God is working with. But we cant just let it go that easy and I think we should pray before we cant take to the streets. (Like Protesting)..

May the Lord help us in our daily walk.

--------------------

JP
Advanced Member
Member # 2151

Icon 1 posted      Profile for JP   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Here is an update on the status of the petition I asked everyone to sign last week . . .

+ + + + + + + + + + + + + + + + + + + + + + + + + + + + + + +
C E N T E R F O R R E C L A I M I N G A M E R I C A

>From the desk of
D. James Kennedy, Ph.D.
Founder, CENTER FOR RECLAIMAING AMERICA

11/26/2003

Dear John,

Thursday, November 20, your CENTER Team was on Capitol Hill
presenting your "Stand for Marriage" petition, as well as
102,250 petitions from around the nation to Rep. Tom DeLay.

His response? "Rest assured that I will work to reclaim
America from the contempt the courts have shown to our
Constitution and to our families."

This vital petition delivery couldn't have been more aptly
timed, for just days earlier, the State Supreme Court of
Massachusetts granted same-sex couples the right to marry.

John, because of a small minority of radical homosexual
activists, we are drawing ever closer to seeing a dramatic
and lasting change in our society, unless the concerned
citizens of our nation--who believe in the sanctity of
marriage-- take action and demonstrate to Congress that
we want marriage protected!

Shortly after the ruling, President Bush denounced the
Massachusetts’ ruling, saying, "Marriage is a sacred
institution between a man and a woman," and that the
ruling "violates this important principle."

The President also added he will "work with congressional
leaders and others to do what is legally necessary to defend
the sanctity of marriage."

+ + + Now is the time for citizens to take action

John, with the President's support, and growing support
from Congress, it is up to the people of this nation to
spread the word on this issue.

Over the next 30 days, we want to rally another 100,000
citizens to stand with us in support of marriage. To
reach this goal, we are challenging the members of our
online team who have signed our "Stand for Marriage"
petition to help us get the word out to the nation.

Explain to your friends, family, and church leaders what
is really at stake, and what we need to do to protect
marriage. Urge them to join with you by signing this
important petition:

http://www.cfra.info/31/petition.asp?PID=4987934

+ + + 102,250 and growing

As a result of the Massachusetts ruling, the radical
homosexual movement is dancing in the streets. They
smell victory and believe it is in their grasp.

They are wrong.

Since the ruling, tens of thousands of citizens have
signed our petition, with hundreds more joining every
hour.

This battle is not over, and with your help we can
deliver a strong message to Congress and our President
that Americans support a Federal Marriage Amendment
that restricts marriage as being between "one man
and one woman."

Thank you for taking action with me!

D.James Kennedy, Ph.D.
Founder
CENTER FOR RECLAIMING AMERICA

P.S.: I believe this issue is about to explode. That is
why I am urging you to help me rally the additional support
we need to take a leadership role in preserving marriage for
generations that follow. Please urge your friends to stand
with you today.

+ + +
To sign our "Stand for Marriage" petition:

http://www.cfra.info/31/petition.asp?PID=4987934

+ + +
For the latest information about the attack against marriage,
visit our site:

http://www.reclaimamerica.org

+ + + + + + + + + + + + + + + + + + + + + +
The CENTER FOR RECLAIMING AMERICA, established by
Dr. D. James Kennedy, is an outreach of Coral Ridge Ministries
to inform the American public and motivate Christians to
defend and implement the biblical principles on which our
country was founded. The CENTER provides non-partisan,
non-denominational information, training, and support to all
those interested in impacting the culture and renewing the
vision set forth by our Founding Fathers.

Questions? cfra@coralridge.org

--------------------
John
http://www.christianscorner.com

I believe!

Posts: 36 | From: Michigan | Registered: Sep 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
JP
Advanced Member
Member # 2151

Icon 1 posted      Profile for JP   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by SoftTouch:
I signed the petition and sent it along to almost everyone in my address book [Smile]

Thank you both for sharing something tangible we as Believers can do to fight the tide of onslaught against God and His Family!

I'm glad to hear you signed it . . . I hope they get WAY more than 250,000 signatures!

--------------------
John

I believe!

Posts: 36 | From: Michigan | Registered: Sep 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
SoftTouch
Advanced Member
Member # 2316

Icon 1 posted      Profile for SoftTouch     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I signed the petition and sent it along to almost everyone in my address book [Smile]

Thank you both for sharing something tangible we as Believers can do to fight the tide of onslaught against God and His Family!

--------------------
Psalm 119:104Through thy precepts I get understanding: therefore I hate every false way. 105Thy word is a lamp unto my feet, and a light unto my path.

Posts: 3465 | Registered: Nov 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
chestnutmare
Advanced Member
Member # 392

Icon 1 posted      Profile for chestnutmare     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
You might also want to look into this organization.
http://www.alliancedefensefund.org/modules.php?op=modload&name=News&file=index

And a publication I suggest you all read: The Homosexual Agenda by Alan Sezrz\s and Craig Osten. It is a real eye-opener to the power that the homosexual rights people have in our society. :
http://www.family.org/resources/itempg.cfm?itemid=4215
You can order it from Focus on the Family for $15

Posts: 79 | From: Swanzey, NH | Registered: Sep 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
SoftTouch
Advanced Member
Member # 2316

Icon 1 posted      Profile for SoftTouch     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Thank you JP, that's exactly what I was looking for [Smile] At least this is something we can do!

--------------------
Psalm 119:104Through thy precepts I get understanding: therefore I hate every false way. 105Thy word is a lamp unto my feet, and a light unto my path.

Posts: 3465 | Registered: Nov 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
JP
Advanced Member
Member # 2151

One thing that we CAN do, instead of hanging our heads in defeat, is let our elected representatives know where we stand and that this won't be tolerated. Congress is working on a measure to create a Constitutional Amendment stating that marriage is only to be between a man and a woman. Some of our congressmen could use a little push though. Please, go to the following link and sign the petition which is going to be sent to Congress:

The CENTER FOR RECLAIMING AMERICA has launched a "Stand For Marriage" Petition designed to rally 250,000 citizens in support of federal and state laws and constitutional amendments that define marriage as one man and one woman.

Please click on the link below for more information and to join this effort:
Stand For Marriage Petition

--------------------
John

I believe!

SoftTouch
Advanced Member
Member # 2316

quote:
Originally posted by PhilipIHS:
Barrykind, SoftTouch you two seem pleased by Satan's victories, or at least you have made friends with failure.

I've tried to let this go, but I have to ask... why such a hostile statement? [Frown] H4HS really did have it right (for me anyways, and I'm sure for Barry too).

--------------------

SoftTouch
Advanced Member
Member # 2316

quote:
Originally posted by helpforhomeschoolers:
No I think perhaps they understand that these things are prophesied in the scripture and their prayer is THY KINGDOM COME!

Yes, that's exactly it for me. Thank you H4HS [Smile]

I do hear what you're saying about not focusing on the things the enemy is doing, but we are instructed to bring deceptions into the light as well [Smile] Sometimes I think I get way too distracted with all that though...

--------------------

helpforhomeschoolers
Advanced Member
Member # 15

No I think perhaps they understand that these things are prophesied in the scripture and their prayer is THY KINGDOM COME!

We could spend every moment of every day and not have enough moments to contemplate all the eveil and atrocities that the enemy is at work in today. And tomorrow will bring more.

But God is on the throne; these things must come to pass; let us be led by them to more urgently preach his Word; let us not be dismayed by their happenings but moved to the urgency of the moment to reach the lost for Christ.

Let us not meditate on what the enemy is doing, but let us be found working with great urgency to share the message of Christ and let us be looking up for our redemption is nigh at hand; there is not much time left.

Revelation 22:20 He which testifieth these things saith, Surely I come quickly. Amen. Even so, come, Lord Jesus.

THY Kingdom Come! Thy Will be done on EARTH as it is in Heaven!

barrykind
Advanced Member
Member # 35

Icon 2 posted      Profile for barrykind     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Everything is right on schedule...

Praise God everything is in HIS hand and in control./

For God is not slack concearning His promise; but is long suffering, not willing that any should perish, but all come to repentance..

[Bible]

--------------------

HuggyBear
Advanced Member
Member # 2195

Icon 1 posted      Profile for HuggyBear     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Gen 19:24 Then the LORD rained upon Sodom and upon Gomorrah brimstone and fire from the LORD out of heaven;

As Billy Graham says,

If God does not judge America for her sins, he will have to apologize to Sodom and Gomorrah.

--------------------
(1Corinthians 13:13) Right now three things remain: faith, hope, and love. But the greatest of these is love.

Posts: 32 | From: New Mexico | Registered: Oct 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
SoftTouch
Advanced Member
Member # 2316

I don't mean to be a downer here, but I don't think anything we do is going to be able to stop this. Things are progressing at an alarming rate and it would appear that the Enemy is winning...

Revelation 13:7 “He was given power to make war against the saints and to conquer them…”

This doesn't mean that we should keep silent or stop trying! We have to stand up for what is Right according to God. But, what should we do? I'm seriously asking this question...

--------------------

chestnutmare
Advanced Member
Member # 392

Icon 1 posted      Profile for chestnutmare     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Now more than ever I suggest you all read The Homosexual Agenda by Alan Sezrz\s and Craig Osten. It is a real eye-opener to the power that the homosexual rights people have in our society.

http://www.family.org/resources/itempg.cfm?itemid=4215

Christians need to pray and prepare their minds for action. I Peter 1:13

Posts: 79 | From: Swanzey, NH | Registered: Sep 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
chestnutmare
Advanced Member
Member # 392

Yeah, I heard it on Fox news this morning. This is grievous news. Abominable! New England is becoming more and more like Sodom and Gomorah. what now? Christians do have a responsibility in this too. A responsibility to pray earnestly and to seek God with all of their heart, mind, soul, and strength. We need to study to learn that we might become fit for action. I Peter 1:13. We need to know the holiness of God and learn good doctrine so that we ourselves are not swayed into sinful thinking but are prepared to obey the word of God.

The bible is quite clear about homosexual sin and we should not soften God's word and do Him an injustice. Far be it for anyone to take away from what the scriptures tell us.

Leviticus 20:13
If a man also lie with mankind, as he lieth with a woman, both of them have committed an abomination: they shall surely be put to death; their blood shall be upon them.

Romans 1:24-27
24: Wherefore God also gave them up to uncleanness through the lusts of their own hearts, to dishonour their own bodies between themselves:
25: Who changed the truth of God into a lie, and worshipped and served the creature more than the Creator, who is blessed for ever. Amen.
26: For this cause God gave them up unto vile affections: for even their women did change the natural use into that which is against nature:
27: And likewise also the men, leaving the natural use of the woman, burned in their lust one toward another; men with men working that which is unseemly, and receiving in themselves that recompence of their error which was meet.

God hates sin. God is just and will bring about punishment. He has shown his mercy by calling some into salvation through grace by faith in Christ Jesus. All sinners deserve death. Homosexual sin is an abomination to the Lord. We cannot tolerate its promotion into our society. The gay agenda is actively seeking to infiltrate every part of our society. The Lord has been long in patience that they might have time to repent. What are we as christians to do? It disturbs me that some christians are drawn into what some have called "political correctness" and avoid calling sin a sin. Why do we find it more comfortable to soften sin? God says that the wages of sin is death. Let us not mince words and do this injustice to our holy God.

SoftTouch
Advanced Member
Member # 2316

Icon 19 posted      Profile for SoftTouch     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
This is what greeted me on my opening page of Netzero when I logged on today…

http://www.nytimes.com/2003/11/18/national/18CND-GAYS.html?ex=1070427600&en=3c01b5bd3554442a&ei=5004&partner=UNTD

High Court in Massachusetts Rules Gays Have Right to Marry
By TERENCE NEILAN
Published: November 18, 2003

This country is going down [Frown]

--------------------

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Christian Message Board | Privacy Statement