Christian Chat Network

This version of the message boards has closed.
Please click below to go to the new Christian BBS website.

New Message Boards - Click Here

You can still search for the old message here.

Christian Message Boards

| | search | faq | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Christian Message Boards   » Bible Studies   » The Christian News   » bishop consecrated

Author Topic: bishop consecrated
Daniel S
Advanced Member
Member # 1714

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Daniel S   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Looks good to me.

--------------------
The Lord bless you indeed.
http://www.First-EMC.org (shameless self promotion)

Posts: 436 | From: on the Ohio River | Registered: Jun 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
SoftTouch
Advanced Member
Member # 2316

Icon 1 posted      Profile for SoftTouch     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
This is just a non-post to make sure my avatar changes... it was too big [Smile]

--------------------
Psalm 119:104Through thy precepts I get understanding: therefore I hate every false way. 105Thy word is a lamp unto my feet, and a light unto my path.

Posts: 3465 | Registered: Nov 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Daniel S
Advanced Member
Member # 1714

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Daniel S   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by helpforhomeschoolers:
Can we please stop calling the denominational body that is the American Episcopal Church ...a church. For Clearly this is not a Church that is Christ's.

Hi Help,

I agree in general with your posts. For those who are wondering just what is happening, let's point out that only a part of the AEC has gone apostate; many, if not most, have recoiled at the thought of what has been done in the name of their church. Many of these Christians have already petitioned for proper oversight and a restructuring of the body to exclude these heretics. The AAC (the Anglican Church here in America has already set up a form and format to take in Christian Episcopal congregations, and the Anglican Church in Kenya has set up a missionary conference here in the States. The Anglican Communion as a whole has rejected the heretics and broken communion with them.

Some individuals will leave congregations for other denominations - mostly to RCC and Wesleyan/Methodist type churches, some congregations will leave the heretical communion for the oversight provided by the Anglican, some will stay and fight from within, and some will sit in the pews and say "controversy? what controversy?", while still others will smile and plan their next attack.

Let's watch and pray; maybe the AEC will rid itself of this evil and be a Christian Church again.
Dan S

--------------------

Posts: 436 | From: on the Ohio River | Registered: Jun 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
helpforhomeschoolers
Advanced Member
Member # 15

Icon 1 posted      Profile for helpforhomeschoolers   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Yes, indeed I will Ament that too Rio. How funny I was just this moment talking with God about reaping and sowing.

I was thinking about the Garden and Adam and God curing the ground for Adam's sake. God could have cursed man as he cursed the serpent, but instead HE cursed the ground. And man began to reap that which man had sown. It is in reaping what we sow that God shows us that HIS way really is the ONLY Good way.

God is So Good! Praise HIS Holy Name!

Posts: 4684 | From: Southern Black Hills of South Dakota | Registered: Jun 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
RioLion
unregistered

Icon 19 posted            Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Yes we need to pray for those that have gone down the wrong paths and have become entangled in such immorality. Let us also pray that those that remain in that body God will permit them to reap what they have sown.
IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
helpforhomeschoolers
Advanced Member
Member # 15

Icon 1 posted      Profile for helpforhomeschoolers   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Can we please stop calling the denominational body that is the American Episcopal Church ...a church. For Clearly this is not a Church that is Christ's.

We can claim this as a tragic and sad day for Christianity or we can claim this as a Bright and glorious time for God who is calling the faithful out of the apostate and making clear that which is apostate.

The time is short; He is coming soon and he is working... working as I have never before seen him work to expose that which is false and call together that which is HIS to all seriousness of faith.

Let us not be found glorifying the works of the enemy, but let us be found glorifying the works of a Mighty God that is coming back for a Bride that is washed clean in the blood and is now white as snow and will be arrayed in fine white linen. God has tarried that we might come to see the day that that which is HIS will be known and that which is not his will no longer be hid.

Let us be in ferverent prayer for those who are our brothers and sisters and are indeed HIS church and have found themselves in the midst of this apostate body.

Let them hear and know what is the TRUTH. Let them come out of her that is apostate and may they find fellowship and teaching of sound doctrine in a Bible believing local church body.

Let us not be just found finger shaking and head shaking and I told you soing, but let us be found praying for these folks who we know are in this group and do indeed love God.

Their denomination has abandoned them and sound doctrine, but we must not abandon them; we must be praying that God will use this that the devil has meant for evil to strengthen and draw closer to HIM those that are his. May God be glorified as those who are the TRUE body of Christ come out from that which is apostate and rise up to sing HIS Truth.

Posts: 4684 | From: Southern Black Hills of South Dakota | Registered: Jun 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
RioLion
unregistered

Icon 19 posted            Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
With the consecration of the homosexual bishop in the Episcopal church we can now expect an exodus of Christians from that denomination.

Already there are 2 Episcopals that have left their churches that I know of - one joined my church, the other left for a more conservative Episcopal church but may leave that also in the future.

Satan not only wants to spoil the Christian church as much as he can - to turn off its light as he realizes that his time is getting shorter.

IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Han-a
Advanced Member
Member # 2209

Icon 16 posted      Profile for Han-a   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I really don't agree with appointment of a homosexual bishop either!

--------------------
Han-a

If Satan knocks at the door let Jesus answer it.

Posts: 200 | From: Nottingham | Registered: Oct 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Daniel S
Advanced Member
Member # 1714

BTW, I think Vickie would have looked more "fitting" if he'd been wearing a pink and purple miter. [updown] [spiny] [1zhelp]

--------------------

Daniel S
Advanced Member
Member # 1714

"But there were false prophets also among the people, even as there shall be false teachers among you, who privily shall bring in damnable heresies ..." 2 Pet. 2:1

--------------------

Miguel
Advanced Member
Member # 47

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Miguel   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
A good demonstration of, that not everyone that is in church have the law of God in their hearts and not everyone that have a high position also have the word of God in their hearts, for man can’t come to these great fear and trembling on their own will. This will open a door to the enemy to great known churches around our neighborhood to receive these kind of false doctrines.

--------------------
Romans 9:11-24

Our Eschatology may vary even our Ecclesiology may be disputed among us but our Soteriology most assume a singularity and exclusivity which in biblical term is known as Quote; "The Narrow Way" and Quote!

Posts: 2792 | From: Stockton,Ca | Registered: Jun 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
SoftTouch
Advanced Member
Member # 2316

Icon 19 posted      Profile for SoftTouch     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I totally don't get this! Don't these "churchs" read their Bibles? How could anyone who is homosexual become a leader in a church? [Eek!] If this isn't a sign of a great falling away, what is? [Roll Eyes]

--------------------
Psalm 119:104Through thy precepts I get understanding: therefore I hate every false way. 105Thy word is a lamp unto my feet, and a light unto my path.

Posts: 3465 | Registered: Nov 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Miguel
Advanced Member
Member # 47

Icon 20 posted      Profile for Miguel   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
bishop consecrated

--------------------
Romans 9:11-24

Our Eschatology may vary even our Ecclesiology may be disputed among us but our Soteriology most assume a singularity and exclusivity which in biblical term is known as Quote; "The Narrow Way" and Quote!

Posts: 2792 | From: Stockton,Ca | Registered: Jun 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Christian Message Board | Privacy Statement