Christian Chat Network

This version of the message boards has closed.
Please click below to go to the new Christian BBS website.

New Message Boards - Click Here

You can still search for the old message here.

Christian Message Boards

| | search | faq | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Christian Message Boards   » Bible Studies   » The Christian News   » Muslim Allowed Driver's License Picture with Face Covered

Author Topic: Muslim Allowed Driver's License Picture with Face Covered
limey boosk
Community Member
Member # 1866

Icon 1 posted      Profile for limey boosk     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I think this is a case of political correctness gone mad.

In Britain at the moment they are putting employment laws into place which will make an employer a target for being sued if they do not obey certain procedures when they interview a religious minority.

in one religion, it is a huge distrespect to shake hands with someone with the wrong hand. So if they, (say a muslim), comes to your office and you kindly shake their hand, tecnically you could be sued.

Posts: 11 | From: England | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Sealed
Member # 2395

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Sealed     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Hello Conner, my name is sealed and I am new here. I read your post here and found it quite refreshing. You see, I live in the Southwest where illegal immigration is destroying our economy. If you live anywhere other than one of the six or seven states that are being over run by illegals you really have no idea how bad the problem is. I won't go into details at this time but I would like to thank you for posting this letter.

Bless you.
Sincerely,

Sealed

Posts: 3 | Registered: Nov 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
TEXASGRANDMA
Advanced Member
Member # 847

Icon 1 posted      Profile for TEXASGRANDMA     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
We started out as a Christian Country. In survery recently, the majority of Americans believe in God, Heaven and Hell. The majority of Americans condiser themselves to be going to Heaven.

--------------------
Luk 21:28 And when these things begin to come to pass, then look up, and lift up your heads; for your redemption draweth nigh.
http://www.indieheaven.com/artists/mm (son-in-law)http://www.myspace.com/mireles

Posts: 4985 | From: Washington State | Registered: Jan 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Vanilla
Member # 2357

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Vanilla     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Is America a Christian country?
Posts: 3 | From: Canada | Registered: Nov 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
BORN AGAIN
unregistered

Icon 1 posted            Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
TEXASGRANDMA you say
quote:
But, the truth is this was not a Country until it became American. It because a Nation under God. I do not understand people who move here for the freedom our Country offeres and then takes away the freedom of those that were born here and grew up here. If out Country is not to their liking, then they should go home!
If an American Indian had written the above, s/he could not have said it any better.

God bless, [Cross] BORN AGAIN [Cross]

IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
TEXASGRANDMA
Advanced Member
Member # 847

Icon 1 posted      Profile for TEXASGRANDMA     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
There is no doubt that the Indians were mistreated. My great grandmother was full blooded indian. But, the truth is this was not an
Country until it became American. It because a Nation under God. I do not understand people who move here for the freedom our Country offeres and then takes away the freedom of those that were born here and grew up here. If out Country is not to their liking, then they should go home! [mad2]

--------------------
Luk 21:28 And when these things begin to come to pass, then look up, and lift up your heads; for your redemption draweth nigh.
http://www.indieheaven.com/artists/mm (son-in-law)http://www.myspace.com/mireles

Posts: 4985 | From: Washington State | Registered: Jan 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
BORN AGAIN
unregistered

Icon 16 posted            Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
conner says
quote:
"In God We Trust" is our national motto. This is not some Christian, right wing, political slogan. We adopted this motto because Christian men and women, on Christian principles, founded this nation, and this is clearly documented.
Re the bolded parts, this of course happened after we first kicked b-tt on the Indians who were already here, and we did not exactly respect their gods and culture either, did we?

"Duck, BORN AGAIN! Here come the arrows!!"
"Tell me, Chief Thunder, what's up with the feathers?!?"

IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
TEXASGRANDMA
Advanced Member
Member # 847

Have you noticed how one person can ruin things for everyone. One person complains about the Ten Commandments being in a public place and the Ten Commandments are removed. One person complains about prayer before a sporting event and the prayers are stopped. We must not infringe on any one's rights unless they are a Christian. Then they don't have rights.

I agree if you don't like the way things are in America, leave. Don't ask us to change. If you Country was so great and its traditions were so wonderful than why did you leave? [Mad] [mad2]

--------------------
May God Bless and keep you.
Betty

--------------------

Han-a
Advanced Member
Member # 2209

Icon 16 posted      Profile for Han-a   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I must admit I really agree with you. it is the same in this country. I am really angered at what immigrants in this country are being treated. They are getting given alsorts of benefits while us British have to work [Mad]

--------------------
Han-a

If Satan knocks at the door let Jesus answer it.

Posts: 200 | From: Nottingham | Registered: Oct 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
conner
Advanced Member
Member # 2069

Icon 1 posted      Profile for conner     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Subject: The Truth

All I have to say is, when will they do something about MY RIGHTS? I celebrate Christmas, but because it isn't celebrated by everyone, we can no longer say Merry Christmas. Now it has to be Season's Greetings. It's not Christmas vacation, it's Winter Break. Isn't it amazing how this winter break ALWAYS occurs over the Christmas holiday?? We've gone so far the other way, bent over backwards to not offend anyone, that I am now being offended. But it seems that no one has a problem with that.

This says it all!

After hearing that the state of Florida changed its opinion and let a Muslim woman have her picture on her driver's license with her face covered this is an editorial written by an American citizen, published in a Tampa newspaper. He did quite a job; didn't he? Read on, please!

IMMIGRANTS, NOT AMERICANS, MUST ADAPT. I am tired of this nation worrying about whether we are offending some individual or their culture. Since the terrorist attacks on Sept. 11, we have experienced a surge in patriotism by the majority of Americans. However, the dust from the attacks had barely settled when the "politically correct" crowd began complaining about the possibility that our patriotism was offending others.

I am not against immigration, nor do I hold a grudge against anyone who is seeking a better life by coming to America. Our population is almost entirely made up of descendants of immigrants. However, there are a few things that those who have recently come to our country, and apparently some born here, need to understand. This idea of America being a multicultural community has served only to dilute our sovereignty and our national identity. As Americans, we have our own culture, our own society, our own language and our own lifestyle. This culture has been developed over centuries of struggles, trials, and victories by millions of men and women who have sought freedom.

We speak ENGLISH, not Spanish, Portuguese, Arabic, Chinese, Japanese, Russian, or any other language. Therefore, if you wish to become part of our society, learn the language!

"In God We Trust" is our national motto. This is not some Christian, right wing, political slogan. We adopted this motto because Christian men and women, on Christian principles, founded this nation, and this is clearly documented. It is certainly appropriate to display it on the walls of our schools. If God offends you, then I suggest you consider another part of the world as your new home, because God is part of our culture.

If Stars and Stripes offend you, or you don't like Uncle Sam, then you should seriously consider a move to another part of this planet. We are happy with our culture and have no desire to change, and we really don't care how you did things where you came from. This is OUR COUNTRY, our land, and our lifestyle. Our First Amendment gives every citizen the right to express his opinion and we will allow you every opportunity to do so. But once you are done complaining, whining, and griping about our flag, our pledge, our national motto, or our way of life, I highly encourage you take advantage of one other great American freedom, THE RIGHT TO LEAVE.

Posts: 71 | From: Kansas | Registered: Sep 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Christian Message Board | Privacy Statement