Christian Chat Network

This version of the message boards has closed.
Please click below to go to the new Christian BBS website.

New Message Boards - Click Here

You can still search for the old message here.

Christian Message Boards

| | search | faq | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Christian Message Boards   » Bible Studies   » The Christian News   » No Liberal Tolerance Toward Christians

Author Topic: No Liberal Tolerance Toward Christians
limey boosk
Community Member
Member # 1866

Icon 1 posted      Profile for limey boosk     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Liberals are nothing to be scared of.

Many share the beliefs of religious freedom and helping the poor in this world. Sometimes I fear conservatives just as much. Many are a bit ME,ME,ME, where I am a bit WE,WE,WE.

Posts: 11 | From: England | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Han-a
Advanced Member
Member # 2209

Icon 10 posted      Profile for Han-a   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I thought I ought to make it clear that at the moment that is just at his firm but that can be the thin end of the wedge. There was an article in the papers a few months back about a man who had been fired from his job because he refused to work on Sundays. [1zhelp]

--------------------
Han-a

If Satan knocks at the door let Jesus answer it.

Posts: 200 | From: Nottingham | Registered: Oct 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Han-a
Advanced Member
Member # 2209

Icon 10 posted      Profile for Han-a   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Amen! Persecution has come in this country(England) also. A member of our church was telling us that all those who weren't Christians were getting four days extra holiday. [1zhelp]

--------------------
Han-a

If Satan knocks at the door let Jesus answer it.

Posts: 200 | From: Nottingham | Registered: Oct 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
promises
Advanced Member
Member # 1993

Icon 1 posted      Profile for promises     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I'm ready - bring it on! Persecution has always made the Body stronger.

--------------------
His Alone

Posts: 144 | From: Southern CA | Registered: Aug 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Gospel_Syntax
Advanced Member
Member # 2252

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Gospel_Syntax   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
from some of the news stories i've been getting from canada also is that it is illegal to evangelise someone under the age of 18?--without their parent's consent. from what i've read i believe they are getting some of their ideas from the evil cult act which was passed in several nations including china. this act allows a government to actively pursue a religious group for being illegal (home churches, unregistered churches, etc.). Christ said this was to happen someday. he was pursecuted as we will be for living a godly life.

christians have long been a pain to many countries. the war on terrorism is giving hostile countries the opportunity to get rid of their problems.

--------------------
Gospel_Syntax

Posts: 21 | From: Wyoming | Registered: Oct 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
promises
Advanced Member
Member # 1993

Icon 1 posted      Profile for promises     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I've also been hearing a lot lately about what's going on up in Canada, especially since the law was amended to list speech against homosexuals as a hate crime. The incident where the parliment (?) ruled that verses from Romans and Leviticus used by a pastor in a newspaper ad was hate speech concerns me. The way the decision was written, it sounds like the judgement was against the Scriptural words themselves, not just the pastor's usage of them. I saw a recent interview with a Canadian pastor who seemed very concerned about the precedence being set. Can any of the local Canadians here give us their insight on this? I apologize for my ignorance in regard to the exact structure of the government north of the border!

--------------------
His Alone

Posts: 144 | From: Southern CA | Registered: Aug 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Miguel
Advanced Member
Member # 47

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Miguel   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
No Liberal Tolerance Toward Christians

--------------------
Romans 9:11-24

Our Eschatology may vary even our Ecclesiology may be disputed among us but our Soteriology most assume a singularity and exclusivity which in biblical term is known as Quote; "The Narrow Way" and Quote!

Posts: 2792 | From: Stockton,Ca | Registered: Jun 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Christian Message Board | Privacy Statement