Christian Chat Network

This version of the message boards has closed.
Please click below to go to the new Christian BBS website.

New Message Boards - Click Here

You can still search for the old message here.

Christian Message Boards

| | search | faq | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Christian Message Boards   » Bible Studies   » The Christian News   » Calling the Nation to Prayer for Its Leaders

Author Topic: Calling the Nation to Prayer for Its Leaders
helpforhomeschoolers
Advanced Member
Member # 15

Icon 1 posted      Profile for helpforhomeschoolers   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
A Simple Agenda: Calling the Nation to Prayer for Its Leaders

By Allie Martin
August 20, 2003

(AgapePress) - A non-partisan, non-denominational effort to recruit Americans to pray for the president, his Cabinet, and the nation is still registering tens of thousands weekly -- nearly two years after the 9/11 terrorist attacks.

The Presidential Prayer Team was organized shortly before the terrorist attacks of September 11, 2001, with the goal of recruiting 2.8 million people to pray daily for the commander in chief. The Team reached that goal in just 600 days, making it perhaps the fastest growing non-profit organization in the U.S. The group reported in May that more than a million had joined in just the previous three months.

Team spokesman Jack Countryman says the agenda of the group is simple -- and non-political.

"All [we are calling for are] things that we should be aware of and prayer for the president and for his leadership team -- that we would have God's direction in everything we are doing and saying and the direction in which this country is going," he says.

Countryman maintains that a praying nation will capture God's attention. "I think it's the most healthy thing that we've had in some time around the country that will really cause people to come back to God and seek His face and His promise that He would bless us."

Countryman cites the scripture found in II Chronicles 7:14: If my people, who are called by my name, will humble themselves and pray and seek my face and turn from their wicked ways, then will I hear from heaven and will forgive their sin and will heal their land.

There is no fee for joining the Prayer Team, which is funded by private donations. The group recently announced the release of several new resources, two of which are designed to help individuals pray specifically for the president and his leadership team.

Presidential Prayer Team Webiste - Join!

© 2003 AgapePress all rights reserved

Posts: 4684 | From: Southern Black Hills of South Dakota | Registered: Jun 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Christian Message Board | Privacy Statement