Christian Chat Network

This version of the message boards has closed.
Please click below to go to the new Christian BBS website.

New Message Boards - Click Here

You can still search for the old message here.

Christian Message Boards

| | search | faq | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Christian Message Boards   » Bible Studies   » The Christian News   » Apostasy in the Lutheran Church...

Author Topic: Apostasy in the Lutheran Church...
KnowHim
Admin
Member # 1

Icon 14 posted      Profile for KnowHim   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
AMEN!

quote:
Originally posted by KJV MAN:
They should know the Bible well enough that this issue should never even be considered!!! They can discuss it , vote on it and pass it but it's still a sin!!! They can't change it!!! I have a problem with some of these "mainline denominations" ; When a preacher stands there and tells someone that the Bible is not inspired by GOD , I don't even recognize him as a leader. They want to promote evolution and weaken GOD to the point that HE is not even a thought in creation!!! They place more truth in Bible commentaries than the Bible and are liberal on most subjects!!! I feel they are only conforming to a one world religion where the sermons will consist of "do your own thing"!!! Hope no one is offended by this , this is my point of view. I'll stay in my church , where the WORD OF GOD is taught!!! GOD bless!!!

--------------------
Video Tracts
Christian Media
LiveTracts
Friend Me On Facebook
Evangelism TackleBox

Posts: 3276 | From: Charlestown, IN | Registered: Jun 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
KJV MAN
Advanced Member
Member # 1905

Icon 1 posted      Profile for KJV MAN     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
They should know the Bible well enough that this issue should never even be considered!!! They can discuss it , vote on it and pass it but it's still a sin!!! They can't change it!!! I have a problem with some of these "mainline denominations" ; When a preacher stands there and tells someone that the Bible is not inspired by GOD , I don't even recognize him as a leader. They want to promote evolution and weaken GOD to the point that HE is not even a thought in creation!!! They place more truth in Bible commentaries than the Bible and are liberal on most subjects!!! I feel they are only conforming to a one world religion where the sermons will consist of "do your own thing"!!! Hope no one is offended by this , this is my point of view. I'll stay in my church , where the WORD OF GOD is taught!!! GOD bless!!!

--------------------
BIBLE-Basic Instuctions Before Leaving Earth!!!!

Posts: 81 | From: Tennessee | Registered: Aug 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
helpforhomeschoolers
Advanced Member
Member # 15

Icon 1 posted      Profile for helpforhomeschoolers   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Evangelical Lutherans Hope to Avoid Controversy of Episcopalians' Meeting

By Fred Jackson
August 12, 2003

(AgapePress) - Evangelical Lutherans have opened their annual convention with hopes it won't be dominated with the homosexual controversy that dominated the recent meeting of the Episcopal Church USA.

The Episcopal Church was in the media spotlight last week as it became the first U.S. mainline denomination to confirm an openly homosexual bishop. Gene Robinson, who in 1986 divorced his wife with whom he had two daughters, has been living with his same-sex "partner" Mark Andrew for 13 years.

The presiding bishop of the Evangelical Lutheran Church of America (ELCA), Mark Hanson, says he is hoping to avoid that kind of attention -- but he does admit the Episcopal decision will have an impact on the Lutherans' discussion about ordaining homosexual clergy.

"We certainly take into our conversation a mindfulness about the decisions, discussions, and deliberations of the other [denominations]," he says, "but ultimately each church body makes those decisions for itself."

Hanson expresses concern that when large church bodies gather to decide issues within their denomination, people outside the denomination tend to give more attention to the issues that divide rather than those that unite. He says if Lutherans have clarity on the faith that unites them and on the work that God is calling them to do, they will have the maturity to deal with divisive issues.

According to Associated Press, Hanson said his denomination also will consult scripture, church members, and homosexuals before deciding whether practicing homosexuals should be ordained.

Evangelical Lutherans already approve of clergy who consider themselves homosexuals -- provided they are celibate.

ELCA leaders are meeting in Milwaukee through Sunday, August 17. The agenda for the week calls for updates on a homosexuality study and a statement on human sexuality.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Associated Press contributed to this story.
© 2003 AgapePress all rights reserved.

quote:
According to Associated Press, Hanson said his denomination also will consult scripture, church members, and homosexuals before deciding whether practicing homosexuals should be ordained.
And there is the problem... They should have stoped consulting at "scripture"!
Posts: 4684 | From: Southern Black Hills of South Dakota | Registered: Jun 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Christian Message Board | Privacy Statement