Christian Chat Network

This version of the message boards has closed.
Please click below to go to the new Christian BBS website.

New Message Boards - Click Here

You can still search for the old message here.

Christian Message Boards

| | search | faq | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Christian Message Boards   » Bible Studies   » The Christian News   » Poll about same sex marriages

Author Topic: Poll about same sex marriages
INRI
unregistered

Icon 15 posted            Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by RioLion:
One thing that will certainly happen if Gay marriages are legalized is the divorce rate will go thru the sky considering that the average homosexual has 50 partners per year, and 79% of the time with strangers (USA Today 1984). A lot of paperwork will have to be done to keep up with the marriages and divorces of gays. We may run out of trees to make paper!

RioLion,

This is one thing indeed we agree on, Christianity and secular governments MUST NOT permit same sex marriages [it is in total opposition to scripture] otherwise we may be feeling the wrath of GOD sooner than we might already think. This falls in line with the rest of the moral decay occurring in society today. Peace to you.

IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Relena Peace
Advanced Member
Member # 1350

Icon 8 posted      Profile for Relena Peace   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Same sex marriages....Ewwwwwww. ::shivers:: That's just wrong. [mad2] I know gay people, and a lot of them can be really great people, but that doesn't hide the fact that it is biblically and morally wrong. If God wanted men to be with men he would have made Adam and Steve, not Adam and Eve!! [Bible]

--------------------
~Relena Peace

Posts: 22 | From: California | Registered: Apr 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
promises
Advanced Member
Member # 1993

Icon 1 posted      Profile for promises     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I am a Hospice Nurse. I spent 8 years in the homosexual community, 3 years in PA, then 5 years in TX - not as a homosexual myself, but as a caregiver for an AIDS patient (Bob). For 8 years I had almost no contact with anyone outside of the community.

I loved this soul, I truly did, and served him as best I could. I bathed him and fed him when he was sick and held him when he cried. His "partner" refused to do any caregiving at all, partly out of fear of contracting the disease, partly out of anger over the infidelity that led to it. He was actively involved in a relationship with Bob's 19-year-old adopted Vietnamese son who was mentally handicapped. He routinely flew into fits of rage, calling Bob a "drama queen", when Bob started coughing every time he lit up a cigarette in the room (Bob had lung cancer on top of an opportunitistic lung infection during his last year).

All around me I saw examples of what is commonly referred to as "committed relationships". Yes, some of these couples had been together for many years, but you could in no way compare them to God's vision of marriage. Infidelity was the norm, jealous "cat fights" were an art form, May-December relationships that revolved around little more than sex, and games such as Bag-a-hetero. There were no differences between the social circle in PA and the one in TX. Bob had contracted AIDs through a liason outside of his "committed relationship" of 10 years. Near the end he also confessed that he had seduced a married heterosexual neighbor that was having marital problems AFTER his AIDS was diagnosed.

I was accepted by the whole circle - I was family. As BOB drew nearer to death he was finally persuaded to go to church. He chose to attend what at that time was the largest Gay Church in the country. I attended with him. The services were celebrations of diversity. The pulpit spent an inordinate amount of time focused on interpreting all the verses in the Bible that dealt specifically with homosexuality in such a way as to make same sex unions acceptable in God's eyes. There was no talk of sin, repentence or forgiveness.

Bob died when, during a coughing fit in the hospital, his respirator was dislodged and they were unable to replace it in time. He had requested no resuscitation. His final moments were filled with terror and I know from long hours of conversation that he feared death horribly. He was terrified of facing God, even though his pastor assured him that his lifestyle did not affect God's love for him and encouraged him to "be the person God created him to be". I was never able to successfully break through all the assurances he had been given. But deep down he KNEW. His partner was vacationing in Vegas at the time.

Now when I hear impassioned speeches about "loving committed relationships" within the homosexual community I shake my head, knowing better. Those within the Church who self-righteously condemn those who speak out against homosexual sin should move in and set up shop for a while. There is no more compassionate service that one could possibly do for these souls than to rescue them from this lifestyle.

--------------------
His Alone

Posts: 144 | From: Southern CA | Registered: Aug 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Salti
unregistered

Icon 1 posted            Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
As a minister, I have continually heard the debates on this issue (homosexuality in general, moreso than the marriage issue) I agree that people often seem to act as if it is a greater sin than any other. However, I think the bigger issue is that instead of being asked to accept the sinner and help them, the church is being challenged to ignore the sin.

No, its no worse than other sins. Yes, we shoud love all people and seek to minister to them. But when it comes to the laws of our nation, we must take a stand as best as we can for Godly values, whether the issue be homosexuality or any other issue.

Recently there has been much talk of ordaining Gays. Those in favor have stated that God's grace covers all sin and we should accept them as they are and know that they can be used as they are.. but this places a great challege of thought.. are we acknowledging that this is a sin and saying we want to help them overcome. or are we agreeing with them that their actions are acceptable?

My comments are not intended to offend anyone. But I cannot seem to reconcile the views of "acceptance" of the person presented by churches approving of ordination with the "acceptance" of the bahavior in general. And when we add marriage into the picture...are we stating that because the law allows or disallows it, so shall our decision be made?

KnowHim
Admin
Member # 1

Icon 1 posted      Profile for KnowHim   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I agree we need to reach out to them and try and help them to see the way. This is very, very important.

But we are never to agree with them and make it a law that is against God just because they do not want to change or will not change.

quote:
Originally posted by wonderful_sky:
I have tried many times to stay away from this topic. But for some reason I keep coming back and checking out what everyone posts here. Here is my take on the situation. Homosexuality is a disease, a desease that has plegued our people; men, women and children. It is an abomination of God's will. Many times we are unable to reach these people. They have the ability to repent and turn from their wicked ways. We must pray for them. We also must administer to them. Our job as christians is to seek out non-christians and admisinister to them. I know for a fact that there are many churches and christians that would administer to a non-christian who has a drinking problem BEFORE a person that is openly homosexual. Is that because the homosexual makes us so uncomfortable that we are unable to? Now, I am only talking about some people, not everyone, so don't take this as an overall statement. Just a thought. We, as christians, were called to help people find the way to eternity in Glory. Pray for them brethren.
In His continual service,
Sky [dance]

--------------------
Video Tracts
Christian Media
LiveTracts
Friend Me On Facebook
Evangelism TackleBox

Posts: 3276 | From: Charlestown, IN | Registered: Jun 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
RioLion
unregistered

Icon 16 posted            Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
We had a ministry to homosexuals in the church I belonged to in the DC area several years ago. Several homosexuals met several times a week for prayer, Bible study, and mutual support. They really needed each others help in overcoming this type of sin; were understanding of those that fell off the wagon, and viewed this kind of sin of the flesh to be one of the hardest to overcome. They sought God's help realizing that they had no power within themselves to turn to. Some were successful in leaving the homosexual lifestyle, others had limited success, others simply gave up and decided that they simply could not overcome.

[Eek!]

wonderful_sky
Advanced Member
Member # 1808

Icon 11 posted      Profile for wonderful_sky     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I have tried many times to stay away from this topic. But for some reason I keep coming back and checking out what everyone posts here. Here is my take on the situation. Homosexuality is a disease, a desease that has plegued our people; men, women and children. It is an abomination of God's will. Many times we are unable to reach these people. They have the ability to repent and turn from their wicked ways. We must pray for them. We also must administer to them. Our job as christians is to seek out non-christians and admisinister to them. I know for a fact that there are many churches and christians that would administer to a non-christian who has a drinking problem BEFORE a person that is openly homosexual. Is that because the homosexual makes us so uncomfortable that we are unable to? Now, I am only talking about some people, not everyone, so don't take this as an overall statement. Just a thought. We, as christians, were called to help people find the way to eternity in Glory. Pray for them brethren.
In His continual service,
Sky [dance]

--------------------
He who kneels down to God, can stand up to anything [Prayer]

Posts: 220 | From: Missouri | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
KnowHim
Admin
Member # 1

Icon 1 posted      Profile for KnowHim   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
AMEN!

I for one am with you!

Never, never ever give up!

God bless you.

------
quote:
Originally posted by RioLion:
We expect that there will be a movement to ban the Bible in the US as the gay front becomes even more powerful. I am with a Bible distribution society - Gideons. You should see the opposition we are getting in distributing the scripture even from the public sidewalks. The first thing that they do when we show up around a school building is to call the police. But we will continue to make ever effort to get God's word into the hands of as many as possible while there is yet time to do so. Christ is coming very soon - a lot sooner than many would expect.

--------------------
Video Tracts
Christian Media
LiveTracts
Friend Me On Facebook
Evangelism TackleBox

Posts: 3276 | From: Charlestown, IN | Registered: Jun 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
RioLion
unregistered

We expect that there will be a movement to ban the Bible in the US as the gay front becomes even more powerful. I am with a Bible distribution society - Gideons. You should see the opposition we are getting in distributing the scripture even from the public sidewalks. The first thing that they do when we show up around a school building is to call the police. But we will continue to make ever effort to get God's word into the hands of as many as possible while there is yet time to do so. Christ is coming very soon - a lot sooner than many would expect.
KnowHim
Admin
Member # 1

Icon 11 posted      Profile for KnowHim   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Poll results right now!

SAD, very sad!

- - - - - - - -

Should marriage be legally defined as only a union between a man and a woman?

Yes 50% 9524426 votes

No 50% 9714528 votes
Total: 19238954 votes

--------------------
Video Tracts
Christian Media
LiveTracts
Friend Me On Facebook
Evangelism TackleBox

KJV MAN
Advanced Member
Member # 1905

Icon 1 posted      Profile for KJV MAN     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I am surprised the voting in the poll was so even!There are more ungodly people in this old world than I thought!!! I just can't understand how a Christian could accept this behavior. I hear they are trying to get the Bible banned and labeled as hate literature in Canada and I fear if enough liberals have their way ; they will try the same in our country someday! Lets pray this will never happen!!! May GOD bless all!!

--------------------
BIBLE-Basic Instuctions Before Leaving Earth!!!!

Posts: 81 | From: Tennessee | Registered: Aug 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Miguel
Advanced Member
Member # 47

Icon 19 posted      Profile for Miguel   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
All this is sad but the reality of sin cannot be hidden or away with mans effort. This mans have been given the ability to really look like a female. I have seen some and "boy" it could have fool me.

Praise be to God for keeping us in Him.

--------------------
Romans 9:11-24

Our Eschatology may vary even our Ecclesiology may be disputed among us but our Soteriology most assume a singularity and exclusivity which in biblical term is known as Quote; "The Narrow Way" and Quote!

Posts: 2792 | From: Stockton,Ca | Registered: Jun 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
becauseHElives
Advanced Member
Member # 87

Icon 1 posted      Profile for becauseHElives   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
True Linda,

Homosexuality is not some new thing, we know by history it has been around for thousands of years, but in every nation where sexual immorality becomes a normally excepted life style, very soon that nation falls.

Some can not seem to add 2 + 2 and get 4.

Many thing contribute to the fall of a nation

Wrong thinking on the part of men (relinquishing place of authority, and not taking responsibility for their children)
Wrong thinking on the part of women ( taking places of authority that belong to men, leaving the home and the responsibilities Yahweh designed for them to be fulfilled and to fulfill )
Wrong thinking in children that results from the above two reasons.
Wrong acceptance in what is considered moral in modesty for men, women and children
Wrong understanding about education (the beginning of knowledge , is the fear of Yahweh and the training of children belongs to parents, not the government)
Wrong music (not understanding what demons, understand about music)

Look in history where America began its decline, in the early 1900’s when the family unit began to fall apart.

Yahweh loves all sinners, but HE hates all sin.

True love always addresses sin head on, exposing it to the light of Yahweh’s Word.

I pray no one fail the grace of Yahweh…….

HEB 12:1 Wherefore seeing we also are compassed about with so great a cloud of witnesses, let us lay aside every weight, and the sin which doth so easily beset [us], and let us run with patience the race that is set before us,
HEB 12:2 Looking unto Jesus the author and finisher of [our] faith; who for the joy that was set before him endured the cross, despising the shame, and is set down at the right hand of the throne of God.
HEB 12:3 For consider him that endured such contradiction of sinners against himself, lest ye be wearied and faint in your minds.
HEB 12:4 Ye have not yet resisted unto blood, striving against sin.
HEB 12:5 And ye have forgotten the exhortation which speaketh unto you as unto children, My son, despise not thou the chastening of the Lord, nor faint when thou art rebuked of him:
HEB 12:6 For whom the Lord loveth he chasteneth, and scourgeth every son whom he receiveth.
HEB 12:7 If ye endure chastening, God dealeth with you as with sons; for what son is he whom the father chasteneth not?
HEB 12:8 But if ye be without chastisement, whereof all are partakers, then are ye bastards, and not sons.
HEB 12:9 Furthermore we have had fathers of our flesh which corrected [us], and we gave [them] reverence: shall we not much rather be in subjection unto the Father of spirits, and live?
HEB 12:10 For they verily for a few days chastened [us] after their own pleasure; but he for [our] profit, that [we] might be partakers of his holiness.
HEB 12:11 Now no chastening for the present seemeth to be joyous, but grievous: nevertheless afterward it yieldeth the peaceable fruit of righteousness unto them which are exercised thereby.
HEB 12:12 Wherefore lift up the hands which hang down, and the feeble knees;
HEB 12:13 And make straight paths for your feet, lest that which is lame be turned out of the way; but let it rather be healed.
HEB 12:14 Follow peace with all [men], and holiness, without which no man shall see the Lord:
HEB 12:15 Looking diligently lest any man fail of the grace of God; lest any root of bitterness springing up trouble [you], and thereby many be defiled;
HEB 12:16 Lest there [be] any fornicator, or profane person, as Esau, who for one morsel of meat sold his birthright.

--------------------
Strive to enter in at the strait gate:for many, I say unto you will seek to enter in, and shall not be able. ( Luke 13:24 )

Posts: 4578 | From: Southeast Texas | Registered: Jun 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
njclary
unregistered

I think, the main point is ; what does this say to the future generations. How do we explain to our children, the degeneration of male/female attitudes and preferences. This whole movement is aimed at totally corrupting our society, including our children. It is a vile, hideous thing.It is against God's order of things. It is sin . It is wrong at every level. It Must not be tolerated, much less legislated. The Christian Community MUST, MUST stand up and say NO_NO aTHOUSAND TIMES NO!

May God give us wisdom and the courage to speak out, Publically.

God Bless

Joel

helpforhomeschoolers
Advanced Member
Member # 15

Icon 1 posted      Profile for helpforhomeschoolers   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Let us remember that homosexuality is a sin and so also same sex marriage; both are obominations to our God..... but the sinner "them" is a lost soul that our God would not like to see perish and for whom he sent His only Begotten Son to Die! Our disgust of the sin should not cause another to fail to see our love for the sinner.
Posts: 4684 | From: Southern Black Hills of South Dakota | Registered: Jun 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Eliana
Advanced Member
Member # 1471

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Eliana     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Personally I don't see the need for them to marry since they switch partners so frequently any way. According to the Center for Disease Control MSM (men having sex with men) continue to account for the largest number of people reported with AIDS each year. In 2000 alone, 13,562 AIDS cases were reported among MSM, compared with 8,531 among IDUs and 6,530 among men and women who acquired HIV heterosexually. (You can find that info here:http://www.cdc.gov/hiv/pubs/facts/msm.htm)

I say this to make the point that they are having more than one partner usually. So there really isn't a need for them to marry since they have multiple partners regularly. Marriage is supposed to be about being committed with one person. It's no secret that gays are not usually in committed relationships.

Eliana

Posts: 46 | Registered: May 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
helpforhomeschoolers
Advanced Member
Member # 15

Icon 1 posted      Profile for helpforhomeschoolers   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Stupidity gone to seed! Ha I like that; I can use that in more than one situation. Thanks BHL [pound]
Posts: 4684 | From: Southern Black Hills of South Dakota | Registered: Jun 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
becauseHElives
Advanced Member
Member # 87

Icon 1 posted      Profile for becauseHElives   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Daniel S
[thumbsup2] Webster Dictionary
moron (noun) person mentally deficient

I think that pretty much says it all about anyone who in the Church of the LORD Yashua says homosexuallity is acceptable in any degree.

oxymoron (NOUN): Inflected forms: pl. ox·y·mo·ra (-môr, -mr) or ox·y·mo·rons
A rhetorical figure in which incongruous or contradictory terms are combined, as in a deafening silence and a mournful optimist.

"same-sex marriage" = stupidity gone to seed

--------------------
Strive to enter in at the strait gate:for many, I say unto you will seek to enter in, and shall not be able. ( Luke 13:24 )

Posts: 4578 | From: Southeast Texas | Registered: Jun 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Daniel S
Advanced Member
Member # 1714

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Daniel S   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
"same-sex marriage" - an oxymoron

--------------------
The Lord bless you indeed.
http://www.First-EMC.org (shameless self promotion)

Posts: 436 | From: on the Ohio River | Registered: Jun 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
RioLion
unregistered

Icon 13 posted            Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
One thing that will certainly happen if Gay marriages are legalized is the divorce rate will go thru the sky considering that the average homosexual has 50 partners per year, and 79% of the time with strangers (USA Today 1984). A lot of paperwork will have to be done to keep up with the marriages and divorces of gays. We may run out of trees to make paper!
KnowHim
Admin
Member # 1

Icon 2 posted      Profile for KnowHim   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
CNN has a poll about same sex marriages

http://edition.cnn.com/2003/ALLPOLITICS/07/30/bush.gay.marriage/

that they are trying to use to prove that Bush is outdated. For those of you who have a strong opinion on the subject, you might consider voting!

--------------------
Video Tracts
Christian Media
LiveTracts
Friend Me On Facebook
Evangelism TackleBox

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Christian Message Board | Privacy Statement