Christian Chat Network

This version of the message boards has closed.
Please click below to go to the new Christian BBS website.

New Message Boards - Click Here

You can still search for the old message here.

Christian Message Boards

| | search | faq | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Christian Message Boards   » Bible Studies   » The Christian News   » News and more news..

Author Topic: News and more news..
Miguel
Advanced Member
Member # 47

Icon 15 posted      Profile for Miguel   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Not the church for we are the church of Christ, the system the corrupt system men have establish for and earthly gain. In addition, to be honest with you I place that as news so that some of us that do not know and in think that the corporate body in a building is a safe heaven.

--------------------
Romans 9:11-24

Our Eschatology may vary even our Ecclesiology may be disputed among us but our Soteriology most assume a singularity and exclusivity which in biblical term is known as Quote; "The Narrow Way" and Quote!

Posts: 2792 | From: Stockton,Ca | Registered: Jun 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
TEXASGRANDMA
Advanced Member
Member # 847

Icon 18 posted      Profile for TEXASGRANDMA     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
It seems to me that you are filled with bitterness. Obviously, you have been hurt by a Church. For that I am sorry. But, I refuse to believe that all seminarys are bad. I think it is good for a pastor to go to school and learn. Other professions require education. Should we give less than the best for God's work? I do believe that a Pastor should have the call of God before he preaches. But once called he should do all he can to be educated so that he can be the best God wants for him or her to be.
As for as choir practice. What is wrong with the choir wanting to sing their best for the Lord. If you play golf, do you not practice to do your best. Should we not try to be our best for our Lord Jesus.
I will pray that God will heal the obvious hurt that you feel. I have been hurt by several Pastors in the past . But, God has healed me of bitterness and I love my Pastor and respect him.
Bitterness can destroy you. Pray that God will help you to forgive those who have hurt you. God Bless You!

--------------------
Luk 21:28 And when these things begin to come to pass, then look up, and lift up your heads; for your redemption draweth nigh.
http://www.indieheaven.com/artists/mm (son-in-law)http://www.myspace.com/mireles

Posts: 4985 | From: Washington State | Registered: Jan 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
becauseHElives
Advanced Member
Member # 87

Icon 1 posted      Profile for becauseHElives   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Hey Mac,

very good ,

did not like the litte statement

quote:
If some don’t watch out I’ll run over them with my three-wheeled handicap scooter.

but everything eslse was right on, [thumbsup]

--------------------
Strive to enter in at the strait gate:for many, I say unto you will seek to enter in, and shall not be able. ( Luke 13:24 )

Posts: 4578 | From: Southeast Texas | Registered: Jun 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Miguel
Advanced Member
Member # 47

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Miguel   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
What Is Wrong With The church Today?
By Andy Neckar

You know what is wrong with the church today? Why so many of God’s people are so ignorant? Even many leaders are plumb stupid where the Word of God is concerned.

If you do know, I’m gonna tell you what I think anyway.

People don’t study God’s Word anymore. The leaders go to seminary, the synagogues of Satan, and study the teachings of MAN. They learn how to present a lecture and the art of public speaking, and the subject matter of the teaching is usually the sayings of the former “great men of God”. They, the professors, and even pastors on my mailing list quote men like Augustine, Ignatius, Justin Martyr, etc. to make a point.

God’s people are being destroyed for lack of knowledge. (Hos 4:6) The synagogues of Satan, which some call seminaries are teaching “human” knowledge and the words of fellow men. The “renowned” great men of God and the writings of the early “church fathers” are held in high esteem. Such as this is given preeminence in these universities. Actually I believe a youth got a better “Bible education” in the early “public schools” (early & mid 1800’s) than the men and women that go to these cemeteries/seminaries nowadays.

Actually these schools take in a person with knowledge of the Lord and Saviour Jesus Christ, and when he is educated, they make him twofold more the child of hell than themselves, and therefore the latter end is worse with them than the beginning.

Witnessing the great falling away is no fun, folks. No it isn’t. Corresponding with some involved in the falling away is very disheartening. It really makes me sick at heart and it makes my flesh boil. I do not like truth twisters and liars’ folks. I don’t like the shape of the majority of the church and their leaders.

We have spectator churches with a “one man” show. You take a church with 200-300 members and NOBODY in that number has a preaching gift? A leadership gift? The “deacon board” has to “hire” an outside person for the job. NO, NO, NO. That is not a New Testament Church. It may not even be a Church at all.

Is a choir scriptural? Are only a certain number to sing songs of praise to the Lord our God? How ‘bout choir practice? Must we “practice” how and what we will speak to the Lord in hymns.

Eph 5:19 Speaking to yourselves in psalms and hymns and spiritual songs, singing and making melody in your heart to the Lord;

Col 3:16 Let the word of Christ dwell in you richly in all wisdom; teaching and admonishing one another in psalms and hymns and spiritual songs, singing with grace in your hearts to the Lord.

This choir in “choir robes” (a special class?) is to practice to sound good to the people sitting in the pews as spectators because nobody in there has a spiritual gift but the pastor.

If singing is a spiritual gift, and it probably is, why then is the Holy Spirit of God so lopsided in dispensing gifts? Half the congregation has the gift of singing or nursery worker or any menial “church job” but no one has any gifts to preach/teach and edify believers. Is the Holy Spirit of God that lacking in leadership skills? I reacon not folks. It is just that nobody listens to the Holy Spirit anymore.

Yeah, folks, the pastors/leaders must pay out good money to have MAN teach him in the synagogues of Satan, and teach him they do. They teach him great leadership skills and the traditions of churcheousity.

But come HELL or HIGH WATER I’m gonna keep on keeping on contending for the Faith ONCE delivered to the Saints, and I don’t care how many Baptist preachers get on my **** , it ain’t gonna bother me too much. This old rear of mine is gonna rot away in the ground soon enough anyway.

Folks, I just can’t write enough about how I feel about all this stuff going on. I am a one-finger typist, you know. I do all my writing with the index finger of my right hand. I have only seven years of schooling, but I can preach and teach with the best of ‘em. How’s that for a Holy Spirit taught old man?

I have confidence in the One Who saved me and I have confidence in the One Who taught me, and I have only praise and glory to the One Who sent Them Both.

I am riled up now, and my soul is vexed, and I am ready to put on the whole armor of God. I stand firmly against all enemies of God. If some don’t watch out I’ll run over them with my three-wheeled handicap scooter.

Enough for now. God bless you all that study to show yourself approved before God.

Remember, the churching people don’t study God’s Word anymore, but we, God’s children, know Him and love His Holy Word.

--------------------
Romans 9:11-24

Our Eschatology may vary even our Ecclesiology may be disputed among us but our Soteriology most assume a singularity and exclusivity which in biblical term is known as Quote; "The Narrow Way" and Quote!

Posts: 2792 | From: Stockton,Ca | Registered: Jun 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Christian Message Board | Privacy Statement