Christian Chat Network

This version of the message boards has closed.
Please click below to go to the new Christian BBS website.

New Message Boards - Click Here

You can still search for the old message here.

Christian Message Boards

| | search | faq | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Christian Message Boards   » Bible Studies   » The Christian News   » David Bloom's Last e-Mail Talked of Jesus -

Author Topic: David Bloom's Last e-Mail Talked of Jesus -
Kindgo
Advanced Member
Member # 2

Icon 7 posted      Profile for Kindgo     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Thursday, April 17, 2003
David Bloom's Last E-mail Talked of Jesus

http://www.newsmax.com/showinsideco...003/4/17/115550

On the night before he died of a pulmonary embolism, David Bloom sent his beloved wife, Melanie, an e-mail that eerily foreshadowed his death.

At his funeral Wednesday in St. Patrick’s Cathedral, his brother John read that prophetic message, one that defined David Bloom and showed clearly what values propelled him in his brief life.

"I hope and pray all my guys get out of this in one piece," Bloom wrote.

"But I'll tell you, Mel, I am at peace. Here I am, supposedly at the peak of professional success, but I could, frankly, care less. It's nothing compared to my relationship with you and the girls and Jesus."

Earlier, Bloom, a convert to Catholicism, hinted that he would not be coming back from Iraq. According to Joel C. Rosenberg of World magazine, on the night before he left for Iraq he confided to the Rev. Matthew McGinness: "I'm almost afraid to say this, but I'm ready."

Said Father McGinness, "David had recognized God's sovereignty over his life." Obviously he had a sense he might not come home, Rosenberg, a fellow convert to Christianity, wrote.

Rosenberg recalled meeting Bloom back in 1996, and had followed his career ever since. But he said he had been unaware of that Bloom "in recent years [had] become a Christian who considered his personal relationship with Jesus Christ far more important than all the glamorous assignments he'd had, from White House correspondent to war correspondent on the road to Baghdad." That, he wrote, is what he learned after hearing Bloom's last e-mail.

According to Reuters: "Bloom's religion played a central part in his life. 'David had ... personal issues to address,' said his friend Jim Lane, who met Bloom at a New Canaan, Connecticut, Bible study group."

Rosenberg observed:

"It's not easy to demonstrate childlike faith anywhere - to believe that God loves us and has a wonderful plan for our lives ... that each of us are sinful and rebellious and thus separated from God ... that Jesus Christ's death on the cross and resurrection from the grave is God's only provision to forgive us of our sins ... that we must individually receive Jesus the Messiah as our personal Savior and Lord by faith through prayer ... and that only then can we truly experience God's love and plan for our lives.

"But that's what Bloom did. How fitting that as we celebrate Passover and Easter, a news reporter's last e-mail should point us to the most important news of all, and good news at that: 'For God so loved that world that He gave His one and only Son, that whosoever believes in Him shall not perish but have everlasting life.' (John 3:16, the New Testament)."

It is only now, after his death, that his millions of admirers learned of his devotion to his faith and his God. They also realized that he pursued that faith with the same single-minded passion and enthusiasm he chased every story that came his way.

Rosenberg wrote, "Farewell, David, and thanks."

Amen.

--------------------
God bless,
Kindgo

Inside the will of God there is no failure. Outside the will of God there is no success.

Posts: 4320 | From: Sunny Florida | Registered: Jun 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Christian Message Board | Privacy Statement