Christian Chat Network

This version of the message boards has closed.
Please click below to go to the new Christian BBS website.

New Message Boards - Click Here

You can still search for the old message here.

Christian Message Boards

| | search | faq | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Christian Message Boards   » Prayer   » Prayer Request   » church bus driver in need of prayer

Author Topic: church bus driver in need of prayer
Pastor Dave
Advanced Member
Member # 965

Icon 16 posted      Profile for Pastor Dave   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I am praying for Gorden Tonight as he drives the bus. I am asking God to heal him of the breathing problem and to restore his health.

May God bless the Church and the children's ministry.

--------------------
Your servant in Jesus our Christ, Pastor Dave

John 3:3
"Jesus answered and said unto him, Verily, verily, I say unto thee, Except a man be born again, he cannot see the kingdom of God.

Posts: 273 | From: Niles, Michigan | Registered: Jan 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Christ for the children
Advanced Member
Member # 159

Icon 7 posted      Profile for Christ for the children     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Thank you for the prayers for Gordon, our church bus driver. I would like to post an update ont this. Gordon is able to move his arms much better than before, and with very little pain! However, a different problem has come up, one that is serious. He had some tests done, and it was determined that he stops breathing about 100 times each hour. They are going to put him on a breathing machine at night, they've had success with this in the past. I am requesting prayers that this will be successful in his case, and also that God would choose to heal him if it be His will. Gordon is going to try to run the bus tomorrow night (Wednesday), and I will be on the bus with him. Pray that he will be able to drive without complications. Thank you
Posts: 120 | From: Florida | Registered: Jul 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
TwinsGranny
Advanced Member
Member # 2137

Icon 1 posted      Profile for TwinsGranny     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Lifting this wonderful man up to our Lord for healing at this time, so he can return to serving God and you will have your bus ministry!! God bless you all as you seek His will and lift this precious man up to Him in love!!!

Keeping you in my prayers,

Pam

Posts: 218 | From: Illinois | Registered: Sep 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Pastor Dave
Advanced Member
Member # 965

Icon 18 posted      Profile for Pastor Dave   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Father, I come to you in urgent prayer for kingdom needs. Please heal Gorden’s shoulder and restore his health that he may continue his ministry of bus driver for ‘Christ for the children’s’ Church. Sometimes Lord it is hard for us to discern your plan but we have faith that you are in control and we pray that your will be done here on earth as it is in heaven. Our desire is that many souls will come to a saving knowledge of your only begotten Son and our Lord and Saviour Jesus Christ. That hundreds, even thousands and numbers of souls beyond our comprehension, will be born again, cleansed by the precious blood of Jesus our Messiah as a direct result of this Church’s ministry. Send a convicting Word through the Holy Spirit to others that could lend a helping hand in this crisis to lay down their personal needs and give of themselves unto your service. Strengthen the Pastor of this fellowship and give him wisdom to guide the Church through this time of trouble. Send angels to protect the saints as they use their own cars to transport children and adults to the church building. Let your love Abba Father abound in all that is done. We offer this prayer up to You in the Name of Jesus Amen.

--------------------
Your servant in Jesus our Christ, Pastor Dave

John 3:3
"Jesus answered and said unto him, Verily, verily, I say unto thee, Except a man be born again, he cannot see the kingdom of God.

Posts: 273 | From: Niles, Michigan | Registered: Jan 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Christ for the children
Advanced Member
Member # 159

Icon 18 posted      Profile for Christ for the children     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Hello, the bus driver for our church had serious shoulder surgery recently, and faces furthe surgery on the same shoulder unless God intervenes. Gordon is the only legally licensed bus driver in the church. There are a couple who have the proper license but do not have the required passenger endorsement. Our bus is responsible for the majority of our children to attend church. With Gordon out for some time, we are using personal vehicles to pick up many of the children. This is not the ideal situation because of possible legal concerns, but for the time being, we see little alternative. Please pray that the Lord would choose to heal Gordon, as well as work in the hearts of the few who could drive the bus after obtaining the passenger endoresement on their license. Using personal vehicles also severely limits us in gaining new children to the church, and possible new converts for the Lord. Thank you for your prayers.
Posts: 120 | From: Florida | Registered: Jul 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Christian Message Board | Privacy Statement