Christian Chat Network

This version of the message boards has closed.
Please click below to go to the new Christian BBS website.

New Message Boards - Click Here

You can still search for the old message here.

Christian Message Boards

| | search | faq | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Christian Message Boards   » Prayer   » Prayer Request   » prayers requested for my aunt

Author Topic: prayers requested for my aunt
TwinsGranny
Advanced Member
Member # 2137

Icon 1 posted      Profile for TwinsGranny     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I agree with everything Pastor Dave has said, the healing always comes from the Lord, just lift your face up and ask for it....our earthly body will be healed or God will call His children home and give us the ULTIMATE HEALING!!! My beloved Mom just went home to be with the Lord recently and what a comfort I have, knowing she is in the arms of our Lord!! I pray that God's peace and love covers you at this time, as you seek HIS will for you and you get that healing you are praying for!

Keeping you in my prayers,
Pam

Posts: 218 | From: Illinois | Registered: Sep 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Pastor Dave
Advanced Member
Member # 965

Icon 15 posted      Profile for Pastor Dave   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
The death of a saint is a wonderful experience for the child of God. It is our Coronation Day a time when we will finally get to see our Jesus face to face. Reminds me of an old time song: “What a day that will be when my Jesus I shall see; When I look upon His face the one who saved me by His grace; When He takes me by the hand and leads me to the promised land; What a day a glorious day that will be.”

I personally look forward to this wonderful day although I have no desire to go on the next load. I have faith in the Blood.

It is appointed that every man’s flesh shall die once and God determines this time for us. It is in His timing that saints of God are called home. Although it is a wonderful time for the one called home to heaven it is a sad time for those of us that are left here on earth. We feel emptiness in that we can no longer fellowship with the dead person. Even Jesus wept when mourners cried out for His friend Lazarus. Crying and mourning is a process that God has built into us that will help us get over lose of a loved one and we should let it run its natural course that we will be healed and receive peace.

In the knowledge of all this it is not God’s will that we should suffer infirmity. We do not have to be sick in our bodies to be called home to Jesus. You can always pray for a saint’s body to be healed and be sure it is in God’s will that they are healed. They may be healed of their infirmity and still be called home. We can’t change God’s mind when it is time for Him to call a friend home or us. We can go healthy or sick; God chooses to heal whom He heals. In His perfect will, in His infinite knowledge of what is best for His children, He will heal or He will not.

No matter how old a person is or what their condition is, we are commanded by God to pray for their healing. This commandment found in God’s Word is often overlooked in our churches. It is never overlooked in God’s True Church.

James 5:14-16
Is any sick among you? let him call for the elders of the church; and let them pray over him, anointing him with oil in the name of the Lord: And the prayer of faith shall save the sick, and the Lord shall raise him up; and if he have committed sins, they shall be forgiven him. Confess your faults one to another, and pray one for another, that ye may be healed. The effectual fervent prayer of a righteous man availeth much.

[Prayer]
Father, I curse the cancer in Ray’s aunt Elaine’s body and cause it to come out in the Name of Jesus of Nazareth our Lord and Saviour. Heal her whole body and restore her health. We will be very careful to give You all the glory, the entire honor, and all the praise for this miracle of healing. It is in Jesus’ Name that we pray Amen.

--------------------
Your servant in Jesus our Christ, Pastor Dave

John 3:3
"Jesus answered and said unto him, Verily, verily, I say unto thee, Except a man be born again, he cannot see the kingdom of God.

Posts: 273 | From: Niles, Michigan | Registered: Jan 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Christ for the children
Advanced Member
Member # 159

Icon 18 posted      Profile for Christ for the children     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Hello everyone, I am requesting prayers for my aunt, Elaine. She was diagnosed with cancer recently. She had beaten this once before, but the cancer has returned to to the same spot. I know that God can heal her if it is His will. Thankfully, I firmly believe that she knows the Lord, thus she is ready to meet the Lord, if that's His will. But, I do not believe the Lord is finished with her yet, and has an unfinished task for her to do. Thank you for your prayers.
Posts: 120 | From: Florida | Registered: Jul 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Christian Message Board | Privacy Statement