Christian Chat Network

This version of the message boards has closed.
Please click below to go to the new Christian BBS website.

New Message Boards - Click Here

You can still search for the old message here.

Christian Message Boards

| | search | faq | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Christian Message Boards   » Prayer   » Prayer Request   » two prayers please

Author Topic: two prayers please
TwinsGranny
Advanced Member
Member # 2137

Icon 1 posted      Profile for TwinsGranny     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I am lifting you, your husband and children up in my prayers, agreeing with the others and rebuking Satan from the confusion, pain ,frustration and lies he is throwing your way.....I ask that Jesus covers you with his grace and love at this time and you just give it all to Jesus, knowing that our Lord give us free will, each of us must choose freely which path we will choose, I pray that God lights your husband's path, so he can see the light of Jesus in your walk with our Savior and it will have a life altering impact upon him that will make him the Spritual leader of your home and God will turn it all around and give you the loving, spiritfilled home your heart desires!!

I am keeping you all in my prayers!

Pam

Posts: 218 | From: Illinois | Registered: Sep 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
heather2004
Community Member
Member # 2028

Icon 1 posted      Profile for heather2004     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Dear Christ for the Children, thanks for praying. I do pray for my husband and do teach my children the truth. Fortunately they have grown up in a loving home so have little problem in seeing a loving God. I am grateful that my suspicions about God have not filtered down to my children.

As far as trusting God, that will take lots of time. I know that people say satan was responsible for what happened and kind of I can see that. But in all honesty, I still think God could have intervened. And as a child the intervention could have been a sense of comfort or something like that. Perhaps God is just not capable of stopping hurtful behavior, I don't know. But before I throw myself totally towards God, I need somehow to know that He really is concerned with our individual lives. I gave up on God when I was eight because I felt abandoned by Him. It took years and years and years before I would even consider God. But I am still too scared of being abandoned again to fully trust God.

Heather

Posts: 19 | From: New York | Registered: Sep 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Christ for the children
Advanced Member
Member # 159

Icon 18 posted      Profile for Christ for the children     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Heather, I am praying for you, your husband, and your children. It sounds as if your situation with your husband is similar to mine. I was brought up in church, but the church did not teach salvation by faith in Christ. Rather, I was about 6 or 7 years old when I was asked if I would like to go to Heaven. Of course, I said I did, and asked what I had to do. I was told to go forward in church, join the church, and be baptized. So I went up, joined, and got all wet! Nothing was ever said about asking Jesus in my heart, but for many years I believed I was going to Heaven due to this church. Later, I finally learned that only through Jesus does one obtain salvation. So, I'm asking God to let your husband see your walk with God, and also to place someone your husband will trust who will also be a witness to him. In this way, your husband will see your walk, hear the talk from the angel God will put in his life, and receive a double dose. Through this, he may realize the terrible lie he was told earlier and ask Christ into his heart and life. As for your children, as long as they are being taught the truth in a good church, and see the life a Christian walks, they should be ale to realize the truth for themselves. But, I ask you, as the mom, to talk the talk AND walk the walk to strengthen your children, as I truly believe Pastor Dave meant for you to do. Lastly, for you. God was there all the time, but Satan kept you blinded from the truth, and you never realized the love of God because Satan had kept you hidden. I don't know the situation of course, but something got through to you where you realized what the truth was, and asked Jesus into your heart, I'm sure. Please don't blame God, it's not His fault, but the fault of Satan and only Satan. Satan did not want to let you go, and now that you have the relationship with Christ, Satan is very angry and is still trying to get you back by making you angry with God. Of course, he will be unsuccessful, but he will try. Please realize the tricks Satan is using, and use these against him. Pray a short prayer binding Satan from you through the power of Jesus Christ, and Satan will flee. Then, ask God to help you resist Satan when he comes calling again. It will not be an easy task, but with and through the help of our Lord, He will see you through. You said you have forgiven those who abused you, so you've completed your part. God will help you to get through this. You will likely never forget the past, but God wants to help you in keeping Satan from you. Just ask Him, you will never do it on your own strength, only through God can you put this behind you where Satan cannot use it on you again. I'm not a preacher, but I have learned so much from listening to many good preachers. This is why I want to work with children, so they will not be blinded by Satan. Most have listened, and I have been fortunate that God has used me to lead many children (and some adults) to the saving faith of Jesus Christ. Thank You Jesus!! "Thank You, Lord, for Your intervention into these situations. Father, thank You for bringing this sister from her past, thank You for keeping it hidden from her so Satan can no longer bring it up. And, praise You for allowing Your angel in the life of the husband that he may realize his need of knowing You and ask You into his heart. Through the precious name of Jesus, we ask. Amen."
Posts: 120 | From: Florida | Registered: Jul 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
heather2004
Community Member
Member # 2028

Icon 1 posted      Profile for heather2004     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Dear Pastor Dave, thanks so much for praying for me and caring for my problems. I am grateful for your kind responses not only to me but also to the others that your pray for. I have learned much from how kind you are.

My pastor has told me not to preach to my husband but to let my walk speak. What I do will have more impact than what I say. He is now attending a Friday Bible study and did go forward for prayer once. This is a lot of movement towards the Lord, but He is still holding onto his church beliefs, but it is a denomination's belief, not a relationship. I pray that He learns much about God's love for him, and that he is healed. This man is a good man and when I married him I was not a Christian. So we did not marry unequally yoked. In fact he insisted that we attend his childhood church after my son was born and I pew sat for many years, no closer to God, but at my husband's insistence.

I just do not want the kids to be disappointed or come away feeling that God has let them down by not healing their father.

You are right, I am cleansed of my sins, and I took my baptism and sinner's prayer very seriously, even going over each and every sin that I could think of with the pastor that brought me to the Lord to make sure that there was not one sin that God could not forgive.

The things from my past that I am dealing with are more memories of abuse I received as a child. Memories that are emerging, that I had repressed for so many years. I am also still dealing with some leftover anger and disappointment at God. Please do not jump on me for this, part of me knows that this anger is unjust towards God, but I still have to deal with it.

I sure wish I could understand where God was when I was a kid. You might want to know that I gave up on God when I was 8. At that age I decided that praying to the wall next to my bed netted better results than praying to God. The abuse I received was very severe, and I still question how a loving God could stand by and do nothing.

I am trying to come to terms with free will, very expensive to the victim. I also know that I used my free will in ways that hurt others, that I am not innocent or free from sin, but somewhere I think God should draw a line. I am trying to see things as the Big Picture, that God sees all, past present and future. But for me right now, trusting God is difficult because I cannot be certain that he will not abandon me again.

I wish I could be healed of these thoughts and fears, but right now I am still struggling with them, but then again, I am still a rather new Christian. I ran from God for 40 years and it took two years before I could say the sinner's prayer. I have been reading and studying the Word, guess trying to make up for lost time, but am only saved one year and 8 months. So am still rather a "baby Christian."

Anyway, thanks for your kind prayers and concern. I really means a lot to me.

Heather

Posts: 19 | From: New York | Registered: Sep 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Pastor Dave
Advanced Member
Member # 965

Icon 15 posted      Profile for Pastor Dave   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
How sad, I love you in the Lord and I am praying for you, your children and your husband.

It is through you mom that your children will see Jesus. You are a strong witness for our Lord in the midst of this very difficult time in your life. Do not blame yourself for your husband’s failure to choose Jesus and for him giving up on life and refusing even medical treatment that could save his life. Only he can accept or deny Salvation as it is freely given as a gift to them that accept it. We can pray, and I am praying, that your husband be convicted by the Holy Spirit and drawn to accept Jesus as his personal Saviour. Other Christians around him can witness the gospel to him so that he hears the message. He was born with a free will created in the image of our God we cannot force him to accept Jesus.

[Prayer]
Father, continue to send the Holy Spirit to convict this man that he will be drawn to you and accept the free gift of Salvation only found in Jesus Christ. In the name of Jesus of Nazareth our Lord and Saviour heal this man in spite of his own stubbornness to do something about his health. Most of all Lord, it is our prayer that you will use this situation to bring many souls into the kingdom of heaven. And Lord we will be very careful to give you all the glory, the entire honor and all the praise for this miracle of healing and salvation.

Father, send peace of mind to this wife as she is concerned for her husband and her children. Teach her to exercise her faith in that her past sins have been cast into the lake of forgetfulness and that they are as far away from you Lord as the east is from the west. Let the peace which passes all understanding be upon her that she will have peace in the knowledge of your word and our blessed hope when Satan tries to cause her to fall off the vine with his accusations and lies. We pray in Jesus Name Amen.

My parting words to you today is a prayer found in Numbers 6:24-26:

"The LORD bless thee, and keep thee:
The LORD make his face shine upon thee, and be gracious unto thee:
The LORD lift up his countenance upon thee, and give thee peace."
Amen

--------------------
Your servant in Jesus our Christ, Pastor Dave

John 3:3
"Jesus answered and said unto him, Verily, verily, I say unto thee, Except a man be born again, he cannot see the kingdom of God.

Posts: 273 | From: Niles, Michigan | Registered: Jan 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
heather2004
Community Member
Member # 2028

Icon 15 posted      Profile for heather2004     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Most important is for my husband's health and salvation. He has serious heart problems, a bad EKG and is doing poorly but refuses to have another bipass operation. But even more so, I am praying that somehow this health issue will cause him to take that step of faith and accept Christ into his life.

I have been trying hard to keep positive thoughts in my mind about this but keep sinking into depression and fear. It is hard dealing with my husband's health issues and the other issues from my past that are being brought forward right now. I feel kind of crushed under the weight of so many painful memories and the fears about my husband's health. My kids are aware that we are praying for my husband's health and I am hoping that their faith is not hurt by this struggle.

Thanks for praying.

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Christian Message Board | Privacy Statement