Christian Chat Network

This version of the message boards has closed.
Please click below to go to the new Christian BBS website.

New Message Boards - Click Here

You can still search for the old message here.

Christian Message Boards

| | search | faq | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Christian Message Boards   » Prayer   » Prayer Request   » My fears have returned!

Author Topic: My fears have returned!
TwinsGranny
Advanced Member
Member # 2137

Icon 1 posted      Profile for TwinsGranny     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Dear Walt,

I lift you up in prayer and ask God to fill you with peace and love and give you a definite path on which He wishes you to go.....we rebuke the enemy and his evil angels from tormenting you and throwing the darts of fear and confusion in your face, in the name of JESUS, we stand firm and rebuke the enemy and his evil bondage he would hold on you! In Jesus you are FREE and loved and I pray that Jesus will fill you with a new joy and peace and love so full, that you will bubble over with peace!! The peace that passes all understanding comes from Our Lord, nothing can stand against us if God be FOR US!!! PRAISE GOD and His richest blessings to you, dear brother!!

In His love and Service,

Pam

Posts: 218 | From: Illinois | Registered: Sep 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Andie
Community Member
Member # 2064

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Andie     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Walt, I'm new here myself but I just wanted to say that your post touched me very much. I know how fear and anxiety can become overwhelming at times. Don't forget that God works to help us through doctors, too.
God bless you and keep you,
Andie

--------------------
For now we see as through a glass darkly; but then face to face. 1CR13:12

Posts: 19 | From: West Virginia | Registered: Sep 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Pastor Dave
Advanced Member
Member # 965

Icon 16 posted      Profile for Pastor Dave   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Walt, My prayers for you continue. I have all faith that the Lord will heal you and restore your peace.

--------------------
Your servant in Jesus our Christ, Pastor Dave

John 3:3
"Jesus answered and said unto him, Verily, verily, I say unto thee, Except a man be born again, he cannot see the kingdom of God.

Posts: 273 | From: Niles, Michigan | Registered: Jan 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Walt
Community Member
Member # 1954

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Walt     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I will do that. I need to let go I believe. That once I do that, the reality of the situation will remain unmoveable. This is what I pray for.
Posts: 18 | From: Steelville Missouri | Registered: Aug 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
heather2004
Community Member
Member # 2028

Icon 1 posted      Profile for heather2004     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Dear Walt, I will pray for you. I know that fear can be a horrid emotion to deal with. I pray that you find strength and peace in Christ. That you remember that Christ tells you to look forward and not backwards. You have made your decision to move to Phoenix, and that is a good step.

As you relax and trust more in God (something that is often hard for me to do) you will begin to be able to hear His voice for you.

There is no point in proving a point by sticking around. More important is to grow stronger in your faith and trust. You may want to find Bible verses that can be said to build faith and not fear and repeat them daily, build the Word into your system.

Heather

Posts: 19 | From: New York | Registered: Sep 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Walt
Community Member
Member # 1954

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Walt     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
In my last post, 'Trying to regain my peace of mind', I explained a situation that happened, and at some point gained control over my fears of being sought after or plotted against by a local group of young punks.

At some point, I had a good week where I believed I would be fine. That I would be okay and that I could face the situation at face value and not be afraid. During that time when I felt relief, I happily made plans to return to Phoenix Arizona and get life started again.

But then about a week and a half ago, I fell back on my fears again. I began to think these boys could just at any moment decide to bother or retaliate against me and my neighbors, and even during a point of despair that they would follow me to Phoenix! The devil has his claws in and I am asking God to free me of this struggle.

At this point, I don't believe they would bother following me to Phoenix or looking for me, but I do believe that their presence here is still disturbing.

I believe that going to Phoenix is a good thing and it is too late to cancel now. But I do not want to feel like I am running from anyone. I had even considered cancelling my plans last minute and spending another year here just to validate that I am in no danger. But that would mean another year in a rut.

I think maybe Satan is trying to provoke me to stay here, and if that is the case, I cannot let him manipulate me. But I have been asking God for the answers and trying to listen. For there have been times off and on, when I have felt okay and not in any danger. But usually when I wake up the next morning, the fears are back!

I have got to beat this!

Please say prayers and give me feedback.

Posts: 18 | From: Steelville Missouri | Registered: Aug 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Christian Message Board | Privacy Statement