Christian Chat Network

This version of the message boards has closed.
Please click below to go to the new Christian BBS website.

New Message Boards - Click Here

You can still search for the old message here.

Christian Message Boards

| | search | faq | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Christian Message Boards   » Prayer   » Prayer Request   » New and need prayer

Author Topic: New and need prayer
RisamyRisa
Advanced Member
Member # 1854

Icon 1 posted      Profile for RisamyRisa     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
[clap2] Wonderful news! I'm happy that you and God are working things out in your life!!

--------------------
Being a Christian is like being a pumpkin.. God picks you from the patch and washes the dirt off. He cuts out the top and removes the yucky stuff, and then He carves you a new smiling face and puts His light in you to shine for all the world to see!

Posts: 108 | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
LightForHim
Community Member
Member # 1965

Icon 10 posted      Profile for LightForHim     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Thank you all so much. Actually, I am male [Smile] . The meaning has begun to emerge. I have become closer to the Lord since all this happened, and spiritually I feel wonderful. Please continue to remember me in your prayers.

--------------------
I am the way, the truth, and the life.

Posts: 7 | From: Texas | Registered: Aug 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
trying_to_have_faith
Advanced Member
Member # 1904

Icon 15 posted      Profile for trying_to_have_faith     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I understand where you're at and you're in my prayers. May the Good Lord guide you and keep you safe.

--------------------
God Bless

Posts: 24 | From: california | Registered: Aug 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
TwinsGranny
Advanced Member
Member # 2137

Icon 1 posted      Profile for TwinsGranny     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I join the others in lifting you up in prayer and know that sometimes as we get closer to the Lord, is when the enemy chooses to try to throw rocks, no huge boulders into our path so that we may stumble! The Lord will not cause us to stumble or fall if we only focus on Him!! I know it is hard, we are in a frail and human body and our spirit is weak so much of the time, but through Christ, we can be STRONG and with God in us nothing can stand AGAINST us.....this is a step in your spiritual growth, growing pains....it is a good sign, the devil, doesn't like it, you are growing in Christ and know that Satan has NO AUTHORITY over you in any way as long as Jesus lives in you!

I will keep you in my prayers as you continue in your spiritual journey and growth! God's blessings, dear lady!

Posts: 218 | From: Illinois | Registered: Sep 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
LightForHim
Community Member
Member # 1965

Icon 1 posted      Profile for LightForHim     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Thank you both for your responses. I appreciate your intercession on my behalf. May God richly bless you both.

--------------------

Posts: 7 | From: Texas | Registered: Aug 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Pastor Dave
Advanced Member
Member # 965

Icon 18 posted      Profile for Pastor Dave   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
You are lifted up in my prayers that you will hear the Holy Spirit and that you will be an effective witness for our Lord and Saviour Jesus Christ. May God richly bless your ministry.
In Jesus Name Amen.

--------------------
Your servant in Jesus our Christ, Pastor Dave

John 3:3
"Jesus answered and said unto him, Verily, verily, I say unto thee, Except a man be born again, he cannot see the kingdom of God.

Posts: 273 | From: Niles, Michigan | Registered: Jan 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
RisamyRisa
Advanced Member
Member # 1854

Icon 1 posted      Profile for RisamyRisa     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Hello and welcome [Smile]

At my church, our class is doing a series called "Destination" - done by Dave Edwards. The first video in the series talks of the road you're on as a Christian. He stated that we all become Christians for the payout, for what we get from God. He uses Abraham as an example of someone on the road. Abraham "signs up" because God tells him "Do what I ask and I'm going to make a great nation out of you, I'm going to strike down your enemies" etc. (I know I'm paraphrasing some, sorry!). The second stop on this "road", according to Dave, is that your weaknesses rise to the surface. It sounds like that might be where you're at. The good news is that God uses these weaknesses to strengthen you! He brings them to the surface and makes you deal with them, to mature you in your faith. The weaknesses you are facing now will help you get to the third stop on the "road" - the point where it stops being about "what can I get from God?" to "what can I do for God? You have to face weaknesses before you can reach that level of maturity. I know that I often focus on what God can do for me instead of what I can do for God, I have to constantly redirect. But it looks like God is giving you an opportunity by putting "curious" people in your path. These people will learn a lot simply by watching you deal with these weaknesses God has placed before you. So live it out! There are lots of strong Christian prayer partners here, and I know we'll all keep you uplifted! [Smile]

--------------------
Being a Christian is like being a pumpkin.. God picks you from the patch and washes the dirt off. He cuts out the top and removes the yucky stuff, and then He carves you a new smiling face and puts His light in you to shine for all the world to see!

Posts: 108 | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
LightForHim
Community Member
Member # 1965

Icon 1 posted      Profile for LightForHim     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
This is my first post.

I accepted Christ many years ago, but as Paul says I remained a child in the word, not ready for solid food. About 3 years ago, I began to really search for Him and my growth took off. It has been revelation after revelation, and my understanding continues to grow. However, not long after I started growing, problems arose. I began to have various problems in my life, most recently a frightening health issue. It has been a struggle for me to understand the will of God through all this, and I don't fully see it yet. I also have recently met some people who are curious about the Way, and God has placed them in my path. Pray for me that my understanding will be opened up, and that I would give wise counsel to those I witness to.

Thank you, and God bless

--------------------

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Christian Message Board | Privacy Statement