Christian Chat Network

This version of the message boards has closed.
Please click below to go to the new Christian BBS website.

New Message Boards - Click Here

You can still search for the old message here.

Christian Message Boards

| | search | faq | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Christian Message Boards   » Prayer   » Prayer Request   » My mother in law

Author Topic: My mother in law
trying_to_have_faith
Advanced Member
Member # 1904

Icon 20 posted      Profile for trying_to_have_faith     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Thank you and God Bless. It's such a hard emotional time for me right now. I'm so scared of having a serious illness. I'm tired and scared of going to the doctor and dealing with everything at home. Although things are better at home, it's a very tough time for me. This year has been very trying. I'm so tired and I'm trying to keep my faith.

I am so thankful for our children and for my fiance coming into my life. If anything, his love has guided me through these times, I just hope and pray that it works out for all of us because I've been so worried and sad.

Thank you all for your prayers and know that you're in my prayers too.

Candace

--------------------
God Bless

Posts: 24 | From: california | Registered: Aug 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
TwinsGranny
Advanced Member
Member # 2137

Icon 1 posted      Profile for TwinsGranny     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I am agreeing with the others and lifting you up in prayer! Stand firm in your belief and know that God is faithful to His children, He NEVER lets us down, ever, every prayer will be answered in our Lord's time! Stand firm and know that God loves you SO much, and so do I!!
Posts: 218 | From: Illinois | Registered: Sep 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
missykea
Member # 2038

Icon 16 posted      Profile for missykea     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I pray for you & you entire family.. the devil gets in anyway he can & we all have to stand together to remain strong!!! may god bless
Posts: 3 | From: florida | Registered: Sep 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Pastor Dave
Advanced Member
Member # 965

Icon 15 posted      Profile for Pastor Dave   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
We live in a time that is both difficult for Christians and exciting as our blessed hope is closer and closer to fulfillment. Jesus promised to return for His true believers and that we shall be with Him forever unto all eternity.

1 Thessalonians 4:16-18
“For the Lord himself shall descend from heaven with a shout, with the voice of the archangel, and with the trump of God: and the dead in Christ shall rise first: Then we which are alive and remain shall be caught up together with them in the clouds, to meet the Lord in the air: and so shall we ever be with the Lord. Wherefore comfort one another with these words.”

There is no Christian alive or in heaven that can predict when this event will take place but it is sure to happen when we least expect it. Jesus taught in the parable of the 10 virgins (Matthew 25) that we all should be awake and watching for His soon coming. Our Salvation is not something that we can trust to a time in the future but must be sure in the present lest we find ourselves lost on the outside in the world across a void that we cannot cross.

Jesus teaches us that we must love even our neighbors as ourselves and this is only possible when we love ourselves enough to love Jesus and put Him first in our lives. We put Him first by accepting Him as our Lord and Saviour. It is not by anything we do that we are saved it is only by the grace of God because Jesus willingly sacrificed Himself on the cross of Calvary for the forgiveness of our sins and His sacrifice is complete and for us. We need to except Him by faith and ask Him into our hearts to be our personal Saviour.

Romans 10:9-11
"That if thou shalt confess with thy mouth the Lord Jesus, and shalt believe in thine heart that God hath raised him from the dead, thou shalt be saved. For with the heart man believeth unto righteousness; and with the mouth confession is made unto salvation. For the scripture saith, Whosoever believeth on him shall not be ashamed."

Know that I take your prayer request very seriously and am praying for you, your son and your entire family. I also have a prayer request that only you can fulfill. No one can do it for you it is up to you and you alone to pray this prayer out of the depths of your heart. I want you to know that I love you in the Lord and that all heaven has opened up to receive your prayers. You are a very important and beloved soul. Jesus loves you! Please get on your knees in a place where you can be alone where you are not distracted by anything in the world and tell Jesus that you are sorry for all the sins you have committed. And tell Him that you don’t want to continue to commit these sins or any other sins. That you realize that you do not have the power within yourself to live a sinless life and that you need Jesus to come into your heart and help you to live a life for Him. Thank Him for forgiving you and casting your sin into the lake of forgetfulness and making you a new creature in Christ Jesus.

If you have prayed then you are born again just as a new born baby you have started over and are found sinless in the eyes of God because He sees you only through the blood of Jesus. Your prayers will touch heaven you now have a direct line to Jesus. Your reward is in heaven not in this world do not be discouraged when you are persecuted by people living in the world because Jesus has told us in His word that this will happen. Our joy is in our Lord and Saviour.

Read the word every day it will bless you. Read the prayer requests of others on this board and pray for them. Encourage them with the word of God. Be a blessing in the love of Jesus. Let the fruit of the Holy Spirit be evident in your life. Let Jesus lead you to a Church where He is lifted up and the Bible is held as the athority and final Word of God.

May God bless you,
Pastor Dave

--------------------
Your servant in Jesus our Christ, Pastor Dave

John 3:3
"Jesus answered and said unto him, Verily, verily, I say unto thee, Except a man be born again, he cannot see the kingdom of God.

Posts: 273 | From: Niles, Michigan | Registered: Jan 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
trying_to_have_faith
Advanced Member
Member # 1904

Icon 9 posted      Profile for trying_to_have_faith     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I had some issues with my son and my fiance's son. My mother in law lives with us and doesn't like my son. She blames everything on him and overprotects her grandson. She is very hateful towards him and others and I ask everyone to pray that she find peace in her heart. It hurts me so much to have such tension in the household and although my son is by no means a completely innocent child, she is not the monster she makes him out to be to everyone. Please pray for our family, that we find the strength to get through this trying time. God Bless everyone.

--------------------
God Bless

Posts: 24 | From: california | Registered: Aug 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Christian Message Board | Privacy Statement