Christian Chat Network

This version of the message boards has closed.
Please click below to go to the new Christian BBS website.

New Message Boards - Click Here

You can still search for the old message here.

Christian Message Boards

| | search | faq | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Christian Message Boards   » Prayer   » Prayer Request   » please pray

Author Topic: please pray
Grammie
Community Member
Member # 1873

Icon 18 posted      Profile for Grammie     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I encourage you to WALK OUT, leaving the attacks of Satan behind and stand on Gods promise...Fear thou not, for I am with thee..Do not be dismayed for I am your God..I will strengthen you and help you...I will uphold thee with my righteous right hand. Isaiah 41:10
I lived in this type of situation for years and only made it through with prayer. I feared leaving for many reasons but as my faith grew I stood on this scripture and one day unexpectedly, I walked out not only quoting this scripture but BELIEVING IT. At the time I didnt care if I was shot in the back as I left. Either way I would be out of my pain and suffering. I wasn't harmed in any way and just kept walking. I knew the Lord was with me all the way.
The road wasn't easy for me because my husband kept trying to torment me but in a few months he asked me for forgiveness and I did and since he quit drinking and we are now friends. This took place over 20 years ago. His is still sober and we are still friends. No I would never remarry him but I will remain friends with him.
My prayers are with you and your family. I pray that you will stop fearing that FIRST step away.
Trust God for He will not let you down. Many people may but God WONT.

Posts: 11 | From: Kansas | Registered: Aug 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
TEXASGRANDMA
Advanced Member
Member # 847

Icon 1 posted      Profile for TEXASGRANDMA     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I would encourage your mom to talk to someone, a minister or a counsler. She needs to leave your dad. It may sound cruel. But, she needs to get out of that suitiation and take you kids with her. Too many times, we see on the news, the family saying "We never thought dad would kill mom" But the truth is it happens too many times. Your dad will not change until he is forced to.

--------------------
Luk 21:28 And when these things begin to come to pass, then look up, and lift up your heads; for your redemption draweth nigh.
http://www.indieheaven.com/artists/mm (son-in-law)http://www.myspace.com/mireles

Posts: 4985 | From: Washington State | Registered: Jan 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Mom_in_need_of_Prayer
Community Member
Member # 1765

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Mom_in_need_of_Prayer   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Dear Damaris,

I will continue to keep you and your family in my prayers. God Bless You.

Posts: 8 | From: USA | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Pastor Dave
Advanced Member
Member # 965

Icon 15 posted      Profile for Pastor Dave   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Father God send angles to protect Damaris
and family. I pray in agreement with 'Christ for the children'

Matthew 18:18-20
Verily I say unto you, Whatsoever ye shall bind on earth shall be bound in heaven: and whatsoever ye shall loose on earth shall be loosed in heaven. Again I say unto you, That if two of you shall agree on earth as touching any thing that they shall ask, it shall be done for them of my Father which is in heaven. For where two or three are gathered together in my name, there am I in the midst of them.

Psalm 91:9-11
Because thou hast made the LORD, which is my refuge, even the most High, thy habitation; There shall no evil befall thee, neither shall any plague come nigh thy dwelling. For he shall give his angels charge over thee, to keep thee in all thy ways.

Father let Damaris’s father see the pain caused by the demon of alcoholic addiction that possesses him and cause him to seek help from you and the saints of God that he would fast and pray and be delivered. We pray for his salvation in Jesus our Christ. Lord we trust in the miracle working power of the blood of Jesus. We pray in Jesus Name Amen.

Sing, Praise and Worship God for He is Great and Greatly to be praised!

There is power power wonder working power in the blood of the Lamb.
There is power power wonder working power in the precious blood of the Lamb.

Oh the blood of Jesus;
Oh the blood of Jesus;
Oh the blood of Jesus;
It washes white as snow!

Glory to God in the highest Amen.

--------------------
Your servant in Jesus our Christ, Pastor Dave

John 3:3
"Jesus answered and said unto him, Verily, verily, I say unto thee, Except a man be born again, he cannot see the kingdom of God.

Posts: 273 | From: Niles, Michigan | Registered: Jan 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Christ for the children
Advanced Member
Member # 159

Icon 15 posted      Profile for Christ for the children     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Hello Damaris, I am so sorry to hear of this. I can not imagine the pain you are going through right now, but I do know you are not facing it alone. God is right beside you, He is going through it with you. Please ask Him what you can do to help. It sounds as if your father is an alcoholic, and many alcoholics are abusive when they are drinking. I will pray for you, and all of your family. Your father may not intend to be abusive, but when the alcohol hits it just consumes him. I encourage other Christians out there to pray for this as well. "Father, we praise You for Your greatness. We thank You for Your love. Now, we are coming to You once again in a time of need. You know all about this situation, You know what needs to be done to remedy this. Please be very near our dear sister through this. Father, we ask that You place someone in the life of this father. We ask that no harm would come to anyone in this family. You know this father better than anyone, even the father himself. You know if He knows You, and we ask that You bring real peace to this family, the peace only You can bring. Heal the broken hearts, the broken spirits. Father, we thank You for the miracle You are going to bring. It is through the blessed name of Your Son, Jesus, that we pray. We praise Your name. Amen."
Posts: 120 | From: Florida | Registered: Jul 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Damaris
Community Member
Member # 1742

Icon 18 posted      Profile for Damaris     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
i don't even know how to put this because it's something that i've never talked about; but i need your prayer.

for many years my father was abusive; most especially to my mother and older brother but also to me and my younger sister. my brother and i both left home as a result; and so my dad quit drinking for the past year and everything has been fine.... today i came home to visit and there was blood smeared on the walls and a window was broken: apparently he got drunk again and returned to his normal violent ways. he beat my mom and put his hand through a window, which is why the walls are all bloody. i've encouraged my mom to leave; but she's been with him for 25 years and is too scared. this is no way for her to live; and it's no way for my dad to live, either. please pray for their guidance and healing.

Posts: 12 | From: Omaha Nebraska | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Christian Message Board | Privacy Statement