Christian Chat Network

This version of the message boards has closed.
Please click below to go to the new Christian BBS website.

New Message Boards - Click Here

You can still search for the old message here.

Christian Message Boards

| | search | faq | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Christian Message Boards   » Bible Studies   » End Time Events In The News   » Disney Continues Its 'Gay' agenda

Author Topic: Disney Continues Its 'Gay' agenda
Robby
Advanced Member
Member # 448

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Robby     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Walt Disney has to be rolling over in his grave... Here is an essey on faith and prayer that he wrote:

Deeds Rather Than Words
By Walt Disney

In these days of world tensions, when the faith of men is being tested as never before, I am personally thankful that my parents taught me at a very early age to have a strong personal belief and reliance in the power of prayer for Divine inspiration. My people were members of the Congregational Church in our home town of Marceline, Missouri. It was there where I was first taught the efficacy of religion ... how it helps us immeasurably to meet the trial and stress of life and keeps us attuned to the Divine inspiration. Later in DeMolay, I learned to believe in the basic principle of the right of man to exercise his faith and thoughts as he chooses. In DeMolay, we believe in a supreme being, in the fellowship of man, and the sanctity of the home. DeMolay stands for all that is good for the family and for our country.

Every person has his own ideas of the act of praying for God’s guidance, tolerance, and mercy to fulfill his duties and responsibilities. My own concept of prayer is not as a plea for special favors nor as a quick palliation for wrongs knowingly committed. A prayer, it seems to me, implies a promise as well as a request; at the highest level, prayer not only is a supplication for strength and guidance, but also becomes an affirmation of life and thus a reverent praise of God.

Deeds rather than words express my concept of the part religion should play in everyday life. I have watched constantly that in our movie work the highest moral and spiritual standards are upheld, whether it deals with fable or with stories of living action. This religious concern for the form and content of our films goes back 40 years to the rugged financial period in Kansas City when I was struggling to establish a film company and produce animated fairy tales. Many times during those difficult years, even as we turned out Alice in Cartoonland and later in Hollywood the first Mickey Mouse, we were under pressure to sell out or debase the subject matter or go "commercial" in one way or another. But we stuck it out -- my brother Roy and other loyal associates -- until the success of Mickey Mouse and Silly Symphonies finally put us in the black. Similarly, when war came to the United States in 1941, we turned from profitable popular movie-making to military production for Uncle Sam. Ninety-four per cent of the Disney facilities in Hollywood became engaged in special government work, while the remainder was devoted to the creation of morale building comedy, short subjects.

Both my study of Scripture and my career in entertaining children have taught me to cherish them. But I don’t believe in playing down to children, either in life or in motion pictures. I didn’t treat my own youngsters like fragile flowers, and I think no parent should.

Children are people, and they should have to reach to learn about things, to understand things, just as adults have to reach if they want to grow in mental stature. Life is composed of lights and shadows, and we would be untruthful, insincere, and saccharine if we tried to pretend there were no shadows. Most things are good, and they are the strongest things; but there are evil things too, and you are not doing a child a favor by trying to shield him from reality. The important thing is to teach a child that good can always triumph over evil, and that is what our pictures attempt to do.

The American child is a highly intelligent human being -- characteristically sensitive, humorous, open-minded, eager to learn, and has a strong sense of excitement, energy, and healthy curiosity about the world in which he lives. Lucky indeed is the grown-up who manages to carry these same characteristics into adult life. It usually makes for a happy and successful individual. In our full-length cartoon features, as well as in our live action productions, we have tried to convey in story and song those virtues that make both children and adults attractive. I have long felt that the way to keep children out of trouble is to keep them interested in things. Lecturing to children is no answer to delinquency. Preaching won’t keep youngsters out of trouble, but keeping their minds occupied will.

Thus, whatever success I have had in bringing clean, informative entertainment to people of all ages, I attribute in great part to my Congregational upbringing and my lifelong habit of prayer. To me, today, at age sixty-one, all prayer, by the humble or highly placed, has one thing in common: supplication for strength and inspiration to carry on the best human impulses which should bind us together for a better world. Without such inspiration, we would rapidly deteriorate and finally perish. But in our troubled time, the right of men to think and worship as their conscience dictates is being sorely pressed. We can retain these privileges only by being constantly on guard and fighting off any encroachment on these precepts. To retreat from any of the principles handed down by our forefathers, who shed their blood for the ideals we still embrace, would be a complete victory for those who would destroy liberty and justice for the individual.

StartedbyaMouse

Posts: 364 | Registered: Sep 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
my savior leads me
Advanced Member
Member # 1439

Icon 1 posted      Profile for my savior leads me     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Yes we need to hold up our brothers and sisters in Canada. we also need to pray that when they vote on it in Mass. in the near future, it will not be voted in. christians really need to stand on this issue. go to www.nogaymarriage.com and vote against it. christians need to register to vote and start voting. storm our congressmen and representatives on this issue and the abortion issues. the Lord is depending on us to stand for what is right and holy. our family values are at stake here and it is no time to be complacent about them.

--------------------
"For the wages of sin is death; but the gift of God is eternal life through Jesus Christ our Lord" Romans 6:23

Posts: 80 | From: usa | Registered: Apr 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Apollo
Community Member
Member # 1408

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Apollo     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
The Prime Minster of Canada is in full support of allowing same sex-marriges, several different Religions are supporting this movement, along with a number of major government officals.

Alberta which is a province in Canada(similar to a State) is the only Region that has publically declared that it will not support 'Same Sex Marriges'.

We need prayer brothers and sister for Canada.

Posts: 10 | From: Canada | Registered: Apr 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Kindgo
Advanced Member
Member # 2

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Kindgo     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
[Frown]

By Ed Vitagliano
June 9, 2003
http://headlines.agapepress.org/arc.../afa/92003b.asp

(AgapePress) - The Walt Disney Company continues its promotion of the homosexual agenda, as its ABC network and cable television network Lifetime present new "gay"-themed programming.

In April, ABC's soap opera, All My Children, aired the first lesbian kiss in daytime television history. Teen character Bianca Montgomery, who had already come out on the soap as a lesbian, kissed her friend "in a moment of truth and true love," ABC said in a statement.

According to Reuters, Agnes Nixon, the creator of All My Children, defended the show's portrayal of lesbianism. "The theme of All My Children from the beginning is the belief that, as God's children, we are bound to each other by our common humanity despite our many personal differences; that it is our failure to understand and respect those differences that causes most of life's pain and suffering," she said. "The Bianca story is our latest effort to dramatize that belief."

In an interview with the homosexual magazine, The Advocate, Brian Frons, president of ABC Daytime, promised that the lesbians on All My Children would go even further than a mere kiss. "They will actually have a sexual relationship," he said.

Lesbianism also received a promotional push on one of Disney's cable networks, Lifetime. The made-for-cable movie, An Unexpected Love, follows a woman who abandons her husband and children and finds fulfillment as a lesbian.

Writer-director Lee Rose said, "I know people, friends, who have done that."

Rose is a lesbian who is no stranger to working on films that promote the homosexual lifestyle. She also directed another Lifetime lesbian flick, The Truth About Jane, about a teenager who comes out as a homosexual to her family. In A Girl Thing (Showtime), Rose showcased yet another lesbian love affair.

In an interview with Lifetime, heterosexual actress Leslie Hope, who plays the main character on An Unexpected Love, said, "Wouldn't it be wonderful if this movie could wedge open the door of prejudice a tiny bit and illuminate what we all should know by now? That most of us are looking for pretty much the same thing: to love and be loved."

In an interview with the Gay & Lesbian Alliance Against Defamation (GLAAD), Hope also said she hoped that, by watching An Unexpected Love, "those viewers who might be prejudiced or intolerant" might find lesbian relationships "a little less scary."

"And people insist there is no homosexual agenda in Hollywood?" asks Don Wildmon, founder and chairman of the American Family Association. "A lesbian writer and director who regularly puts out films promoting lesbianism as normal and natural, and even heterosexual actresses who hope these films change people's minds about homosexuality? Sounds like an agenda to me."

Wildmon notes that Lifetime has made a habit of producing homosexually-themed programming, such as Change of Heart, in which a husband announces to his wife and family after 20 years of marriage that he is "gay;" and Labor of Love, about a heterosexual woman who asks her male homosexual best friend to be the father of her child. Similarly, Lifetime has broached the subject of homosexuality in documentary fashion on its Intimate Portraits series.

Disney/ABC is also set to capitalize on the Broadway success of the smash hit Hairspray, starring homosexual actor Harvey Fierstein, who plays a drag-queen mom. ABC has signed Fierstein for a new sitcom in which he will also play a woman who is a mom.

The series will be handled by homosexual producers Craig Zadan and Neil Meron. That duo has handled numerous projects for Disney, including the 1995 made-for-TV homosexual propaganda movie Serving in Silence: The Margarethe Cammermeyer Story, about a lesbian Army officer.

The homosexual pair told The Advocate,

quote:
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
"We've always found Disney more than willing to let us present gay stories."
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Zadan said that Disney was equally enthusiastic about the controversial 2001 movie What Makes a Family -- produced for Lifetime -- about a lesbian couple raising a baby. He added that, although cable has been pushing the envelope on homosexual issues for years, the networks are now becoming more "progressive," and "as usual, Disney is leading the pack."

Also on tap from Disney/ABC: the network has announced that it is developing a light-hearted one-hour drama with a pair of crime-solving homosexuals – who happen to be lovers. The new series will be called Mr. and Mr. Nash, and will be similar in nature to the old popular ABC dramas Hart to Hart and Moonlighting.

Ed Vitagliano is news editor for AFA Journal, a monthly publication of the American Family Association. This article appeared in the June 2003 issue.

--------------------
God bless,
Kindgo

Inside the will of God there is no failure. Outside the will of God there is no success.

Posts: 4320 | From: Sunny Florida | Registered: Jun 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Christian Message Board | Privacy Statement