Christian Chat Network

This version of the message boards has closed.
Please click below to go to the new Christian BBS website.

New Message Boards - Click Here

You can still search for the old message here.

Christian Message Boards

| | search | faq | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Christian Message Boards   » Bible Studies   » End Time Events In The News   » Could these be THE "three?"

Author Topic: Could these be THE "three?"
Rog
Advanced Member
Member # 1112

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Rog     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Daniel 7:11-12
11...; I watched till the beast was slain, and its body destroyed and given to the burning flame.
12."As for the rest of the beasts, they had their dominion taken away, yet their lives were prolonged for a season and a time.

Revelation 17:16-18
16."And the ten horns which you saw on the beast, these will hate the harlot, make her desolate and naked, eat her flesh and burn her with fire.
17."For God has put it into their hearts to fulfill His purpose, to be of one mind, and to give their kingdom to the beast, until the words of God are fulfilled.
18."And the woman whom you saw is that great city which reigns over the kings of the earth."

The leopard...

--------------------
Ask, and it shall be given you; seek, and ye shall find; knock, and it shall be opened unto you:

Posts: 26 | From: St. Charles MO. | Registered: Feb 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Trafield
unregistered

Icon 1 posted            Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Its a different vision of the same prophecied events. [spiny]
IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Rog
Advanced Member
Member # 1112

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Rog     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
The vision in Daniel 2 is a different vision.

Daniel made known to King Nebuchadnezzar that he was the head of gold, and the next was going to be inferior to his, a kingdom of bronze.

If you see in verse 39 Daniel specifically tells
Nebuchadnezzar that the next will arise after his
empire.

Daniel 2:39
39."But after you shall arise another kingdom inferior to yours; then another, a third kingdom of bronze, which shall rule over all the earth.

Daniel 7 is the same beast in Revelation 13.

Nowhere in Daniel 7 or Revelation 13 is this indicated. Instead, they rise up as one.

The beast in Revelation 13 is one beast with different parts of animals. Mouth of a lion, feet of a bear and body of a leopard and a ten horned head. They are obviously of one body, rising together out of the sea. Daniel 7 was a much more detailed description of their characteristics.

Daniel 7:17-18
17.'Those great beasts, which are four, are four kings which arise out of the earth.
18.'But the saints of the Most High shall receive the kingdom, and possess the kingdom forever, even forever and ever.'

Amen,
Rog

--------------------
Ask, and it shall be given you; seek, and ye shall find; knock, and it shall be opened unto you:

Posts: 26 | From: St. Charles MO. | Registered: Feb 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Trafield
unregistered

quote:
All 4 kingdoms rise simultaniously, they are not past kingdoms.
This is not correct. Daniel 2:36-43 clearly show that these kingdoms will not rise at the same time. In fact the first kingdom, represented as the head of gold, was the Balbylonian kingdom of king Nebuchadnezzar:

36“This was the dream; now we will tell its interpretation before the king.
37“You, O king, are the king of kings, to whom the God of heaven has given the kingdom, the power, the strength and the glory;
38and wherever the sons of men dwell, or the beasts of the field, or the birds of the sky, He has given them into your hand and has caused you to rule over them all. You are the head of gold.

Medo-Persia and Greece

39“After you there will arise another kingdom inferior to you, then another third kingdom of bronze, which will rule over all the earth.

Rome

40“Then there will be a fourth kingdom as strong as iron; inasmuch as iron crushes and shatters all things, so, like iron that breaks in pieces, it will crush and break all these in pieces.
41“In that you saw the feet and toes, partly of potter’s clay and partly of iron, it will be a divided kingdom; but it will have in it the toughness of iron, inasmuch as you saw the iron mixed with common clay.
42“As the toes of the feet were partly of iron and partly of pottery, so some of the kingdom will be strong and part of it will be brittle.
43“And in that you saw the iron mixed with common clay, they will combine with one another in the seed of men; but they will not adhere to one another, even as iron does not combine with pottery.

The Divine Kingdom

44“In the days of those kings the God of heaven will set up a kingdom which will never be destroyed, and that kingdom will not be left for another people; it will crush and put an end to all these kingdoms, but it will itself endure forever.
45“Inasmuch as you saw that a stone was cut out of the mountain without hands and that it crushed the iron, the bronze, the clay, the silver and the gold, the great God has made known to the king what will take place in the future; so the dream is true and its interpretation is trustworthy.”

Rog
Advanced Member
Member # 1112

All 4 kingdoms rise simultaniously, they are not past kingdoms. That why in Revelation 13 it is one beast that has the body of a leopard, with the feet of a bear and a mouth like a lion, and its head was the ten horns. In Daniel 7 the leopard has 4 heads and 4 wings and has dominion, so the leopard is the goat horn in Daniel 8.
In Daniel 8 is the vision of the ram and the he-goat, the goat travels across the whole surface of the earth without touching the ground and smashes the ram. When the goat becomes strong, the horn is broken into 4 smaller ones that reach to the four winds of heaven. Even though it describes Alexander the Great, the Angel told Daniel the vision was meant for the end times.

God Bless
Rog

--------------------

Trafield
unregistered

quote:
The Bible tells us in Revelation 13 that four kingdoms will arise from the sea, not ten.

Right... but out of the fouth and final kingdom, ten kings shall arise and then an eleventh that will be the antichrist. (Daniel 7:23-24).
The fouth kingdom shall be diverse from all the prior kingdoms before it (Daniel 7:23), and will obviously be a blend of various nations (Daniel 2:40-43).
You are confusing the definition of "kingdom" as defined here as the final kingdom of the antichrist with the "kings" or presidents of various nations that will ultimately make up this final "kingdom."

I know my explanation wasn't in Greek, but I feel certain that it is understandable... I hope... [spiny]

Rog
Advanced Member
Member # 1112

The Bible says they have no kingdom as yet, how could they be nations when they have no kingdom?

"oupo basileia oupo"
"Not yet Kingdom Not yet"
Even in the Greek, it says the same thing.

Most were taught that it is a ten nation European common market, I was taught the same thing in my former church.
Kindgo, Trafield, the Bible tells us the ten kings have not received a kingdom yet. It could'nt be ten kingdoms. Satan tries to mimic God, it is the anti-christ and his nine disciples, and three of them will be as a Judas to the anti-christ. The anti-christ will be killed, and will rise from the dead by the beast that ascends from the bottomless pit. Where his "John the Baptist" type false prophet will display all power and signs and lying wonders, and cause all to take his mark. The Bible tells us in Revelation 13 that four kingdoms will arise from the sea, not ten.
Its true, ask the Lord for yourself.

Rog

--------------------

Trafield
unregistered

Rog, couldn't the fact that they are kings mean that these kings (presidents) represent DEMOCRATIC NATIONS and not KINGDOMS?
Rog
Advanced Member
Member # 1112

Well, the Bible says it is only ten people.
Please read slowly.

Revelation 17:12
12."The ten horns which you saw are ten kings who have received NO KINGDOM as yet, but they receive authority for one hour as kings with the beast.

Not ten nations,

It will be a group of ten men.

Why is this ignored?

Rog

--------------------

Trafield
unregistered

WHOA! [eek]

Great job! That is very interesting! I know the UN has also divided the "biosphere" of the earth into 10 regions, but your commentary makes a lot of sense! [thumbsup]

Kindgo
Advanced Member
Member # 2

Icon 5 posted      Profile for Kindgo     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Three Is a Lonely Number
Could these be THE "three?"

Here's the article:

http://www.nytimes.com/2003/03/17/i...&partner=GOOGLE

Here's my commentary:

Three Is a Lonely Number

Three is a lonely number. Especially if the three are members of a 10-nation military alliance. And, especially if you know your Bible prophecies.

You see, it is a commonly held view among students of Bible prophecy that the Antichrist will rise to power in Europe after the appearance of a 10-nation (king) alliance. And, at some point in his rise to power, he will pull three of these nations (kings) out by the roots (Daniel 7:8, 24).

Last June I even wrote a commentary where I speculated about who these three nations might be. I thought they might end up being the so-called Benelux nations -- Belgium, Luxembourg and Netherlands. Now, however, I'm beginning to think I was wrong.

Here's why I may change my mind on this issue: If you've been following my commentaries, you know I suspect that foretold 10-nation alliance may already be on the scene as the military alliance known as the Western European Union. Although the WEU is made up of 28 nations, only 10 have full voting rights. These 10 nations are Belgium, France, Luxembourg, Netherlands, United Kingdom, Germany, Italy, Portugal, Spain and Greece.

Also, if you've been following my commentaries, you are aware of the document that was adopted June 5, 2000, that made these 10 nations the official military wing of the European Union -- Assembly Recommendation 666. And, you are aware that it was the implementation of this recommendation that began the process of certain factions within the EU competing with the US for control of the Mediterranean.

Now three of these 10 nations -- Britain, Spain and Portugal -- are splitting away from the rest of the pack. And, instead of supporting the EU's new foreign policy efforts that began with Recommendation 666, they are being seen in most of Europe as supporting American's vital interests in the Mediterranean. And, this naturally angers these anti-American factions.

Question: Are these the three horns (kings) destined to be plucked?

I don't know. But, this is an interesting development I'm sure going to watch.

Stay tuned!

3-17-2003
Herb
www.fulfilledprophecy.com

Thanks Herb [thumbsup]

--------------------
God bless,
Kindgo

Inside the will of God there is no failure. Outside the will of God there is no success.

Posts: 4320 | From: Sunny Florida | Registered: Jun 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Christian Message Board | Privacy Statement