Christian Chat Network

This version of the message boards has closed.
Please click below to go to the new Christian BBS website.

New Message Boards - Click Here

You can still search for the old message here.

Christian Message Boards

| | search | faq | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Christian Message Boards   » Bible Studies   » Bible Topics & Study   » The Peace maker (Page 1)

This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2 

Author Topic: The Peace maker
Carol Swenson
Admin
Member # 6929

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Carol Swenson     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
MentorsRiddle

quote:
You accused me of something and will not show any proof of your accusations.

You aren't being accused of anything except encouraging Eden. We don't want you to be INFLUENCED by Eden. Be yourself. Be true to God. As WildB said:

quote:
Speak YOUR MIND

Your own mind.

You don't need to ask if someone is banned. If they are it will say "unregistered" under their name.

Posts: 6787 | From: Colorado | Registered: Dec 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
WildB
Member # 2917

Icon 1 posted      Profile for WildB   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by MentorsRiddle:
You see...

I have no temper.

I am not angry, I am confused.

Confused at your attitude towards me when I have shown nothing but respect for you in the past, and only recently, when I told Eden that I agreed with a post of his that was good did you get angry at me.

Honestly, I am not afraid at all of getting banned, because I have said nothing against the rules, nor insulted anyone.

I have spoken the truth.

I am asking you now, in the Name of Christ Jesus, if you have something against me, let it be known or hold your peace with me in the future.

dude relax

--------------------
That is all.....

Posts: 8775 | From: USA, MICHIGAN | Registered: Mar 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
MentorsRiddle
Advanced Member
Member # 2108

Icon 1 posted      Profile for MentorsRiddle     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
You see...

I have no temper.

I am not angry, I am confused.

Confused at your attitude towards me when I have shown nothing but respect for you in the past, and only recently, when I told Eden that I agreed with a post of his that was good did you get angry at me.

Honestly, I am not afraid at all of getting banned, because I have said nothing against the rules, nor insulted anyone.

I have spoken the truth.

I am asking you now, in the Name of Christ Jesus, if you have something against me, let it be known or hold your peace with me in the future.

--------------------
With you I rise,
In you I sleep,
kneeling down I kiss your feet,
Grace abounds upon me now,
I once was lost
but now I'm found.
The gift of God dwells within,
To this love I now give in.

Posts: 1337 | From: Arkansas | Registered: Sep 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
WildB
Member # 2917

Icon 18 posted      Profile for WildB   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
See, you can't do it...

You can't give me one example, except that based from your own mind and emotions.

You can't give one...

Why? Because I haven't said anything un-biblical.

Nothing.

As a matter of fact: Please ANYONE, ANYONE please give me an example of how I have flown in the face of God's word -- anyone.

I want to know.

I can't correct myself unless I have examples to go by.

But you know what? You won't find a single one.

Because I remain true to God's word.

Carol, do you feel I have gone against God's word?

Texax Grandma AKA Betty, do you feel I have gone against God's word/

Caretaker, Do you feel I have gone against God's word?

Can anyone give me an example.

This has to end...

I make a message about peace and unification and it turns into another "You are saying this wrong, you are doing that wrong" thread...

I WANT TO LEARN HOW TO CORRECT MYSELF -- I WANT TO KNOW WHAT I DID THAT WAS SO WRONG.

But you can't give it.

Now, in defence of Eden - he offered to show you proof of the things you asked, WildB -- but you threw it back in his face and said no.

He expressed in other threads on why he didn't want to give that information, but was willing to put himself out on a limb and give YOU that info... But you said no.

I don't think it had anything to do with Carol having the righ to see it -- because she doesn't have that right ( No offence intended Carol )

Only Eden has the right to do with that information what he willed... he willed to offer that info to you, and you rejected it.

Eden even said in this message he didn't want to go into the JW talk... but people kept prodding him so he did.

He gave into what you wanted.

As I've said before, I don't agree with ALOT of the things Eden has said.

I don't beleive in JW teachings...

But how did you expect him to grow as a Christian if you couldn't calmly listen to what he said and rebuttle him.

It should be clear that anger gives birth to more anger....

You, WildB, have compared me to a Dog, an unclean toilet, and claimed that I am "sowing weed seeds" which I find to be insulting to a great degree and VERY VERY VERY non-Christianlike behaviour.

You have gone even further to imply that I am Eden.

ANYONE that has ever taken the time to get to know me, knows that I am not Eden.

Carol knows this.

I would hope Betty Knows this, as I was here when she was Texas Grandma long before Eden or Born Again ever showed up on this board.

So, please no rebuttles with a lack of proof.

Give me the proof I asked of how I sowed weed seed...

I didn't. And you know it.

I have now presented this letter before everyone on this board.

I want anyone to correct me... anyone.

I want to have a calm talk on everything and if I'm in the wrong, I will admit it.

I've admited it in the past, and it's certainly not above me to do it again.

What is this all temper:? relax!One would think you were being banned.

--------------------
That is all.....

Posts: 8775 | From: USA, MICHIGAN | Registered: Mar 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
MentorsRiddle
Advanced Member
Member # 2108

Icon 1 posted      Profile for MentorsRiddle     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
See, you can't do it...

You can't give me one example, except that based from your own mind and emotions.

You can't give one...

Why? Because I haven't said anything un-biblical.

Nothing.

As a matter of fact: Please ANYONE, ANYONE please give me an example of how I have flown in the face of God's word -- anyone.

I want to know.

I can't correct myself unless I have examples to go by.

But you know what? You won't find a single one.

Because I remain true to God's word.

Carol, do you feel I have gone against God's word?

Texax Grandma AKA Betty, do you feel I have gone against God's word/

Caretaker, Do you feel I have gone against God's word?

Can anyone give me an example.

This has to end...

I make a message about peace and unification and it turns into another "You are saying this wrong, you are doing that wrong" thread...

I WANT TO LEARN HOW TO CORRECT MYSELF -- I WANT TO KNOW WHAT I DID THAT WAS SO WRONG.

But you can't give it.

Now, in defence of Eden - he offered to show you proof of the things you asked, WildB -- but you threw it back in his face and said no.

He expressed in other threads on why he didn't want to give that information, but was willing to put himself out on a limb and give YOU that info... But you said no.

I don't think it had anything to do with Carol having the righ to see it -- because she doesn't have that right ( No offence intended Carol )

Only Eden has the right to do with that information what he willed... he willed to offer that info to you, and you rejected it.

Eden even said in this message he didn't want to go into the JW talk... but people kept prodding him so he did.

He gave into what you wanted.

As I've said before, I don't agree with ALOT of the things Eden has said.

I don't beleive in JW teachings...

But how did you expect him to grow as a Christian if you couldn't calmly listen to what he said and rebuttle him.

It should be clear that anger gives birth to more anger....

You, WildB, have compared me to a Dog, an unclean toilet, and claimed that I am "sowing weed seeds" which I find to be insulting to a great degree and VERY VERY VERY non-Christianlike behaviour.

You have gone even further to imply that I am Eden.

ANYONE that has ever taken the time to get to know me, knows that I am not Eden.

Carol knows this.

I would hope Betty Knows this, as I was here when she was Texas Grandma long before Eden or Born Again ever showed up on this board.

So, please no rebuttles with a lack of proof.

Give me the proof I asked of how I sowed weed seed...

I didn't. And you know it.

I have now presented this letter before everyone on this board.

I want anyone to correct me... anyone.

I want to have a calm talk on everything and if I'm in the wrong, I will admit it.

I've admited it in the past, and it's certainly not above me to do it again.

--------------------
With you I rise,
In you I sleep,
I once was lost
but now I'm found.

Posts: 1337 | From: Arkansas | Registered: Sep 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
WildB
Member # 2917

Icon 1 posted      Profile for WildB   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Speak YOUR MIND

OK

--------------------
That is all.....

WildB
Member # 2917

Icon 16 posted      Profile for WildB   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Again I ask...

Please provide examples of how I did this...

Wow ok do you really ?

--------------------
That is all.....

MentorsRiddle
Advanced Member
Member # 2108

Again I ask...

Please provide examples of how I did this...

--------------------
With you I rise,
In you I sleep,
I once was lost
but now I'm found.

WildB
Member # 2917

Icon 18 posted      Profile for WildB   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
ThanX

--------------------
That is all.....

Carol Swenson
Admin
Member # 6929

Icon 7 posted      Profile for Carol Swenson     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I love U back. My words are your words...anytime.

But I like the way you can speak volumes in just a word or two.

Posts: 6787 | From: Colorado | Registered: Dec 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
WildB
Member # 2917

quote:
Originally posted by Carol Swenson:
Eden's false teaching = weed seed

You encouraged Eden = watering weed seed

Supporter of Eden = puppet; maybe even Eden himself logged-on under your name.

Baseball fans = visitors to the forum

LOL

I love U I am a man of action not words.

thank you for making all clear.

--------------------
That is all.....

Carol Swenson
Admin
Member # 6929

Icon 6 posted      Profile for Carol Swenson     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Eden's false teaching = weed seed

You encouraged Eden = watering weed seed

Supporter of Eden = puppet; maybe even Eden himself logged-on under your name.

Cleaning toilet = getting rid of weed seed

Baseball fans = visitors to the forum

MentorsRiddle
Advanced Member
Member # 2108

Please provide examples of how I "watered weed seed"

--------------------
With you I rise,
In you I sleep,
I once was lost
but now I'm found.

WildB
Member # 2917

quote:
Are you refering to a previous post you made?

Do you think I'm Eden?

you watered the weed seed. you tell me?

--------------------
That is all.....

MentorsRiddle
Advanced Member
Member # 2108

Are you refering to a previous post you made?

Do you think I'm Eden?

--------------------
With you I rise,
In you I sleep,
I once was lost
but now I'm found.

MentorsRiddle
Advanced Member
Member # 2108

huh?

--------------------
With you I rise,
In you I sleep,
I once was lost
but now I'm found.

WildB
Member # 2917

Icon 5 posted      Profile for WildB   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Has Eden been banned?

my my a puppet..lol

--------------------
That is all.....

MentorsRiddle
Advanced Member
Member # 2108

Has Eden been banned?

--------------------
With you I rise,
In you I sleep,
I once was lost
but now I'm found.

KnowHim
Admin
Member # 1

Icon 1 posted      Profile for KnowHim   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 

You may not promote any cult or false religions such as Jehovah's Witnesses, Mormonism, Scientology, Wicca, etc... If you do there will be no warning and you will be removed from this message board. This is not debatable.

http://www.thechristianbbs.com/rules2.html

Posts: 3276 | From: Charlestown, IN | Registered: Jun 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Caretaker
Advanced Member
Member # 36

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Caretaker     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Carol Swenson:
Me too. Including the most important thing of all, the good news of salvation by grace through faith in our Lord Jesus Christ.

1. We must acknowledge God as the Creator of everything, accepting our humble position in God's created order and purpose. Romans 1:20-21:

"For since the creation of the world His invisible attributes are clearly seen, being understood by the things that are made, even His eternal power and Godhead, so that they are without excuse, because, although they knew God, they did not glorify Him as God, nor were thankful, but became futile in their thoughts, and their foolish hearts were darkened."

2. We must realize that we are sinners and that we need forgiveness. None of us are worthy under God’s standards. Romans 3:23:

“For all have sinned, and fall short of the glory of God.”

3. God gave us the way to be forgiven of our sins. He showed us His love by giving us the potential for life through the death of His Son, Jesus Christ. Romans 5:8:

“But God demonstrates His love toward us, in that, while we were still sinners, Christ died for us.”

4. If we repent of our sins, and accept Jesus Christ as our Lord and Savior, we will have eternal life. Romans 6:23:

“For the wages of sin is death, but the gift of God is eternal life in Christ Jesus our Lord.”

5. Confess that Jesus Christ is Lord and believe in your heart that God raised Him from the dead. Romans 10:9-10:

“That if you confess with your mouth the Lord Jesus and believe in your heart that God has raised Him from the dead, you will be saved. For with the heart one believes unto righteousness, and with the mouth confession is made unto salvation.”

6. Determine in your heart to make Jesus Christ the Lord of your life today. Romans 11:36:

"For of Him and through Him and to Him are all things, to whom be glory forever. Amen."

Amen!!!!!

--------------------
A Servant of Christ,
Drew

1 Tim. 3:
16: And without controversy great is the mystery of godliness: God was manifest in the flesh..

Posts: 3978 | From: Council Grove, KS USA | Registered: Jun 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
WildB
Member # 2917

Icon 7 posted      Profile for WildB   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Yea.

--------------------
That is all.....

Carol Swenson
Admin
Member # 6929

Icon 6 posted      Profile for Carol Swenson     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Is that an ok or an OK!

-

WildB
Member # 2917

Icon 7 posted      Profile for WildB   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
ok

--------------------
That is all.....

Carol Swenson
Admin
Member # 6929

Icon 7 posted      Profile for Carol Swenson     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Me too. Including the most important thing of all, the good news of salvation by grace through faith in our Lord Jesus Christ.

1. We must acknowledge God as the Creator of everything, accepting our humble position in God's created order and purpose.

"For since the creation of the world His invisible attributes are clearly seen, being understood by the things that are made, even His eternal power and Godhead, so that they are without excuse, because, although they knew God, they did not glorify Him as God, nor were thankful, but became futile in their thoughts, and their foolish hearts were darkened." Romans 1:20-21

2. We must realize that we are sinners and that we need forgiveness. None of us are worthy under God’s standards.

“For all have sinned, and fall short of the glory of God.” Romans 3:23

3. God gave us the way to be forgiven of our sins. He showed us His love by giving us the potential for life through the death of His Son, Jesus Christ.

“But God demonstrates His love toward us, in that, while we were still sinners, Christ died for us.” Romans 5:8

4. If we repent of our sins, and accept Jesus Christ as our Lord and Savior, we will have eternal life.

“For the wages of sin is death, but the gift of God is eternal life in Christ Jesus our Lord.” Romans 6:23

5. Confess that Jesus Christ is Lord and believe in your heart that God raised Him from the dead.

“That if you confess with your mouth the Lord Jesus and believe in your heart that God has raised Him from the dead, you will be saved. For with the heart one believes unto righteousness, and with the mouth confession is made unto salvation.” Romans 10:9-10

6. Determine in your heart to make Jesus Christ the Lord of your life today.

"For of Him and through Him and to Him are all things, to whom be glory forever. Amen."Romans 11:36

Eden
unregistered

Icon 5 posted            Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Carol Swenson wrote
quote:
How blessed we are that our Lord Jesus Christ cared enough about others to give His life for us.
Amen, He was and is the Savior of the world and He was and is capable of caring for everyone.

Philippians 2
4 Look not every man on his own things, but every man look also on the things of others.

Firstly we need to look to our own things and secondarily also to the needs of others, and I do that. I help a lot of people besides myself with my limited resources. I share what I have with those who have less than me.

love, Eden

IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Carol Swenson
Admin
Member # 6929

Icon 16 posted      Profile for Carol Swenson     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
But just remember that ultimately my number one priority is to make sure I myself am saved, and anyone else is secondary, okay?

How blessed we are that our Lord Jesus Christ cared enough about others to give His life for us.

Philippians 2:3-8

3 Do nothing out of selfish ambition or vain conceit, but in humility consider others better than yourselves. 4 Each of you should look not only to your own interests, but also to the interests of others. 5 Your attitude should be the same as that of Christ Jesus: 6 Who, being in very nature God, did not consider equality with God something to be grasped, 7 but made himself nothing, taking the very nature of a servant, being made in human likeness. 8 And being found in appearance as a man, he humbled himself and became obedient to death – even death on a cross!

Caretaker
Advanced Member
Member # 36

Icon 15 posted      Profile for Caretaker     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
You might could use a check-list when you go visit your "brethren" in the Watchtower:

http://www.a-voice.org/discern/jw-check.htm

quote:

Watchtower Error Check List:

* They don't worship the Jehovah of the Bible
* They deny the Deity of Christ
* They deny the physical Resurrection of Jesus
* They deny the physical return of Christ
* They deny the Mediation of Jesus Christ
* They deny the Person of the Holy Spirit

They don't worship the Jehovah of the Bible:

Watchtower teaching:

"Actually, by teaching that God is omnipresent Christendom has confused matters and made it more difficult for God to be real to his worshipers." (Watchtower 2/15 1981 page 6)

Biblical Teaching:

"..do I not fill the heavens and earth? says Jehovah" (Jer23:24) "Where shall I go from Your Spirit? Or where shall I flee from Your presence? [in whatever places a person may go] even there shall Your hand lead me..." (Ps139:5-10) "I am Jehovah who makes all things..." (Is44:24-28)

They deny the Deity of Christ:

Watchtower Teaching:

1. Jesus is a created being: "Thus, Jesus had an existence in heaven before coming to the earth. But was it as one of the persons in an almighty, eternal triune Godhead? No, for the Bible plainly states that in his prehuman existence, Jesus was a created spirit being, just as angels were spirit beings created by God. Neither the angels nor Jesus had existed before their creation." (Trinity Brochure page 14)

2. Jesus is Michael the Archangel: "Reasonably, then, the archangel Michael is Jesus Christ" (Reasoning from the Scriptures page 218)

3. The JW "bible" states: "In [the] beginning the Word was, and the Word was with God, and the Word was a god." (Jn1:1) Notice the article "a" and lower-case "god". With this wording they proclaim that Jesus was -one- of 'many' gods.

Biblical Teaching:

1. Jesus created all things that were created, therefore it is impossible that he is a created being, unless he created himself. John1:3; Col1:16

2. Jesus is King of the kingdom. If Heb2:5 is true then it is impossible that Jesus is an angel, even an archangel. "..His Son...by Whom also He made the worlds...Who being...the express image of His essence..having made purification of our sins, He sat down on the right of the Majesty on high, being made so much better than the angels...for to which of the angels did He say at any time, 'You are My Son, this day I have begotten Thee?' ... "You, Lord, have laid the foundation of the earth in the beginning, and the heavens are the works of Your hands...but to which of the angels did He say at any time, 'Sit on My right hand until I make Your enemies Your footstool?' Are they [the angels] not all ministering spirits...?" (~Heb-ch1)

3. "Hear, O, Israel. Jehovah our God is one Jehovah." (Deu6:4) "I and the Father are One." (Jn10:30) "You shall have no other gods before Me." (Ex20:3)

They deny the physical resurrection of Jesus:

Watchtower Teaching:

"Having given up his flesh for the life of the world, Christ could never take it again and become a man once more." (Live forever page 143)

"Illustration: If a man pays a debt for a friend but then promptly takes back the payment, obviously the debt continues. Likewise, if, when he was resurrected, Jesus had taken back his human body of flesh and blood, which had been given in sacrifice to pay the ransom price, what effect would that have had on the provision he was making to relieve faithful persons of the debt of sin?" (Reasoning from the Scriptures page 217)

Biblical Teaching:

Jesus would lay down the "temple of his body" and raise it up on the third day. Jn2:19-21

The word resurrection means that what died was raised up. If Jesus's body was not raised after it died then there was no resurrection. If there was no resurrection then our faith is in vain. 1Cor15:14 "But now Christ has risen from the dead" (vs20)

--------------------
A Servant of Christ,
Drew

1 Tim. 3:
16: And without controversy great is the mystery of godliness: God was manifest in the flesh..

Posts: 3978 | From: Council Grove, KS USA | Registered: Jun 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Caretaker
Advanced Member
Member # 36

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Caretaker     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Eden:
Caretaker wrote to Eden
quote:
They (the JWs) DO NOT support Romans 10:9, in their teaching. They do not support the physical resurrection of the Lord Jesus Christ. To the JW the Lord Jesus was not raised physically from the dead, resurrected, but spiritually and the physical body re-created as needed.
Okay, I'll go by their Kingdom Hall and ask them what they think about your quoted statement, okay? I'll quote it to them just as you said and then I'll get back to you.

But just remember that ultimately my number one priority is to make sure I myself am saved, and anyone else is secondary, okay?

Philippians 2:12
Wherefore, my beloved, as you have always obeyed, not as in my presence only, but now much more in my absence, work out your OWN salvation with fear and trembling.

love, Eden

So you say from the shadows. We will wait a long time before you follow through and then there will be the credibility of whether you actually did.

You were given the truth 8 years ago and you still call them Brethren.

2 John:

7 For many deceivers are entered into the world, who confess not that Jesus Christ is come in the flesh. This is a deceiver and an antichrist.
8 Look to yourselves, that we lose not those things which we have wrought, but that we receive a full reward.
9 Whosoever transgresseth, and abideth not in the doctrine of Christ, hath not God. He that abideth in the doctrine of Christ, he hath both the Father and the Son.
10 If there come any unto you, and bring not this doctrine, receive him not into your house, neither bid him God speed:
11 For he that biddeth him God speed is partaker of his evil deeds.

--------------------
A Servant of Christ,
Drew

1 Tim. 3:

Eden
unregistered

Caretaker wrote to Eden
quote:
They (the JWs) DO NOT support Romans 10:9, in their teaching. They do not support the physical resurrection of the Lord Jesus Christ. To the JW the Lord Jesus was not raised physically from the dead, resurrected, but spiritually and the physical body re-created as needed.
Okay, I'll go by their Kingdom Hall and ask them what they think about your quoted statement, okay? I'll quote it to them just as you said and then I'll get back to you.

Philippians 2:12
Wherefore, my beloved, as you have always obeyed, not as in my presence only, but now much more in my absence, work out your OWN salvation with fear and trembling.

love, Eden

Caretaker
Advanced Member
Member # 36

Icon 15 posted      Profile for Caretaker     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
To the JW it is NOT the Lord Jesus Christ Whom they confess, the Lord God Jehovah manifest in the flesh, and sacrificing Himself for us.

To the JW the Lord Jesus was not raised physically from the dead, resurrected, but spiritually and the physical body re-created as needed.

--------------------
A Servant of Christ,
Drew

1 Tim. 3:

Caretaker
Advanced Member
Member # 36

quote:
Caretaker wrote to Eden
quote:
you believe ... as long as anyone uses the name Jesus they are saved.
As long as they are referring to Jesus of Nazareth and believe two basic things about Him, namely that He died for their sins and that He was and is the Son of God of Israel, then that person is saved, yes.

Romans 10
9 That if you shall confess with your mouth the Lord Jesus and shall believe in your heart that God has raised him from the dead, you shall be saved.

If JWs believe Romans 10:9, then they should be saved by Jesus, according to the scriptures?

In any case, I'm not a JW and am instead a Protestant bornagain type Christian. Ultimately it will be between God and the JW individuals to decide whether any of them are saved or not, just as God has to decide that about Prostestant bornagain type Christians.

love, Eden

They DO NOT support Romans 10:9, in their teaching. They do not support the physical resurrection of the Lord Jesus Christ.

http://www.letusreason.org/JW36.htm

{quote]

Jesus often his future resurrection as a proof of His claims (John 2:19-22; 10:18). He even offered it as the unique sign of who He is, declaring that no other sign would be given to that unbelieving generation (Matt. 12:40). Unfortunately there are some that claim to believe in Christ and are unbelievers today.

1 Pet. 1:3: “Blessed be the God and Father of our Lord Jesus Christ, who according to His abundant mercy has begotten us again to a living hope through the resurrection of Jesus Christ from the dead,” This is why they have no hope of a future life, they don’t believe in a physical resurrection.

1 Cor.15:11-15: “ Therefore, whether it was I or they, so we preach and so you believed. Now if Christ is preached that He has been raised from the dead, how do some among you say that there is no resurrection of the dead? But if there is no resurrection of the dead, then Christ is not risen. And if Christ is not risen, then our preaching is empty and your faith is also empty. Yes, and we are found false witnesses of God, because we have testified of God that He raised up Christ, whom He did not raise up-- if in fact the dead do not rise.” This is why the Jehovah's Witnesses can’t be saved, nor receive Gods grace, because they deny the very Gospel that can save them.

[/quote]

--------------------
A Servant of Christ,
Drew

1 Tim. 3:

Eden
unregistered

Bloodbought wrote to Eden
quote:
Do you think you might be wrong in thinking the below quote?

You (Eden) said, "I do happen to think that Jehovah Witnesses will be saved because they believe that Jesus died for their sins and rose from the dead and that Jesus is the Son of God."

Ultimately my number one priority is to make sure I myself am saved. Secondarily I might consider whether someone else is saved or not, based on what they are saying on a regular basis.

If JWs believe Romans 10:9, then they must be saved, right?

Romans 10
9 That if you shall confess with your mouth the Lord Jesus and shall believe in your heart that God has raised him from the dead, you shall be saved.

If JWs truly believe Romans 10:9, then who am I to argue with God?

Sometimes I think that God is going to be a lot more generous with salvation than we penurious (tight-fisted) Christians can be.

love, Eden

Eden
unregistered

Caretaker wrote to Eden
quote:
you believe ... as long as anyone uses the name Jesus they are saved.
As long as they are referring to Jesus of Nazareth and believe two basic things about Him, namely that He died for their sins and that He was and is the Son of God of Israel, then that person is saved, yes.

Romans 10

If JWs believe Romans 10:9, then they should be saved by Jesus, according to the scriptures?

In any case, I'm not a JW and am instead a Protestant bornagain type Christian. Ultimately it will be between God and the JW individuals to decide whether any of them are saved or not, just as God has to decide that about Prostestant bornagain type Christians.

love, Eden

Carol Swenson
Admin
Member # 6929

Icon 18 posted      Profile for Carol Swenson     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
KnowHim

Admin
Member # 1

posted June 15, 2010 09:25
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Jehovah's Witnesses Church is a cult.

http://thechristianbbs.com/ubb/ultimatebb.php?ubb=get_topic;f=53;t=000477

Caretaker
Advanced Member
Member # 36

BA/Eden/TW your free-wheeling, anything goes theology is a real and present danger, a true "wolf in sheep's clothing" to anyone trapped in a cult or being influenced by cult teachings, such as the Jehovah's Witnesses, because from you they will not hear the truth.

Instead of giving them the truth you will sit around singing kumbai-ya in brotherhood and loving them right into Hell. Oh that's right they do not have an eternal soul so the consequences under your theology is not eternal torment for the lost.

--------------------
A Servant of Christ,
Drew

1 Tim. 3:

WildB
Member # 2917

Icon 5 posted      Profile for WildB   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Bloodbought wrote to Eden (with the help of a smiley face)[quote[And, would you admit that you may have been wrong in the past?

Wrong about what? I don't doubt that as sinners we have all been wrong in the past and that even as saved sinners we can be wrong every day, especially in a facet of our attitude. But let me know what specifically you are referring to.

John 8:7
So when they continued asking him, he lifted up and said to them, He that is without sin among you, let him first cast a stone at her.

love, Eden
[/QUOTE]

Stone put forth in the name of Christ.

my quiver is so Manny.

Stop your sillyness.

--------------------
That is all.....

Caretaker
Advanced Member
Member # 36

Same BA/Eden/TW, as long as anyone uses the name Jesus they are saved. Regardless of who that particular "Jesus" is.

To the JW Jesus is the archangel Michael and is a created being. Of course we went all over this along with Kindgo and others but you have not even repented of this error after eight years, just laid it aside as irrelevant.

No matter how much truth is laid before you you will not admit or repent of error.

quote:

JW’s believe that Jesus Christ was a perfect man, and that He is a person distinct from God the Father. However, they also teach that before His earthly life, Jesus was a spirit creature, Michael the archangel, who was created by God and became the Messiah at His baptism. According to Jehovah’s Witnesses, Jesus is a mighty one, although not almighty as Jehovah God is. According to John 1:1 in their Bible, The New World Translation, Christ is “a god,” but not “the God.” They teach that Jesus “was and is and always will be beneath Jehovah” and that “Christ and God are not coequal”.

--------------------
A Servant of Christ,
Drew

1 Tim. 3:

Bloodbought
Advanced Member
Member # 4365

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Bloodbought     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Hi Eden,

You said
quote:
As for what the JWs believe exactly about the Son of God, I'll have to check up on. I have their Bible Dictionary here which they gave me some years ago, and I'll read the section on the Son of God and see what it says and get back to you.
Do you think you might be wrong in thinking the below quote?,

You said,
quote:
I do happen to think that Jehovah Witnesses will be saved because they believe that Jesus died for their sins and rose from the dead and that Jesus is the Son of God,

Posts: 822 | From: Ireland | Registered: Feb 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
WildB
Member # 2917

Icon 6 posted      Profile for WildB   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Hi, Bloodbought, you wrote
quote:
no one will be saved who does not believe that Jesus is God. Do you agree?
I agree. As for what the JWs believe exactly about the Son of God, I'll have to check up on. I have their Bible Dictionary here which they gave me some years ago, and I'll read the section on the Son of God and see what it says and get back to you.

But just off the top of my head, I would think that a "son" of God would automatically be "God", just like a "son" of a human is automatically a human.

love, Eden

and what is that planet kalar?

--------------------
That is all.....

Eden
unregistered

Bloodbought wrote to Eden (with the help of a smiley face)[quote[And, would you admit that you may have been wrong in the past?[/quote]Wrong about what? I don't doubt that as sinners we have all been wrong in the past and that even as saved sinners we can be wrong every day, especially in a facet of our attitude. But let me know what specifically you are referring to.

John 8:7
So when they continued asking him, he lifted up and said to them, He that is without sin among you, let him first cast a stone at her.

love, Eden

Bloodbought
Advanced Member
Member # 4365

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Bloodbought     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Hi Eden,

Good. Let me know your findings.

And, would you admit that you may have been wrong in the past? [Smile]

Posts: 822 | From: Ireland | Registered: Feb 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Eden
unregistered

Hi, Bloodbought, you wrote
quote:
no one will be saved who does not believe that Jesus is God. Do you agree?
I agree. As for what the JWs believe exactly about the Son of God, I'll have to check up on. I have their Bible Dictionary here which they gave me some years ago, and I'll read the section on the Son of God and see what it says and get back to you.

But just off the top of my head, I would think that a "son" of God would automatically be "God", just like a "son" of a human is automatically a human.

love, Eden

Bloodbought
Advanced Member
Member # 4365

Hi Eden,

Jehovah Witnesses do not believe that Jesus is God, they believe He is the Son of God, but He is not both God and man. God purchased the church with His own blood, and no one will be saved who does not believe that Jesus is God. Do you agree?

Acts 20:28 Take heed therefore unto yourselves, and to all the flock, over the which the Holy Ghost hath made you overseers, to feed the church of God, which he hath purchased with his own blood.

Eden
unregistered

Bloodbought wrote about Eden
quote:
I didn’t know he was a JW.
Hi, Bloodbought, I am NOT a Jehovah's Witness, I am a former-Catholic-turned-Protestant, bornagain-type Christian. But I do happen to think that Jehovah Witnesses will be saved because they believe that Jesus died for their sins and rose from the dead and that Jesus is the Son of God, even if they are misguided about certain other things in the Bible, such as the 144,000 and date setting.

love, Eden

Bloodbought
Advanced Member
Member # 4365

quote:
I don't know, Eden/BA/TW could have resolved the problem a long time ago, but he has never apologized nor has he ever repented, clear back in 2002 when he was a staunch defender of his Jehovah's Witness "brethren" and their theology.
I didn’t know he was a JW. I know JW’s put a lot of emphasis on the 144,000, and have published many dates in the past for the end of the world, which never happened. Is he still a JW, or has he been converted? Has he posted JW teaching recently?
Eden
unregistered

Caretaker wrote about Eden
quote:
Never has he apologized, never has he repented. He just ignores and merrily goes on to other topics.
What exactly do you want me to apologize for?

Look, I'm originally from European extraction and come from a very liberal, easy-going, ultra-tolerant country and family. As a result, I don't get bothered by much in life, and even less so now that I know Jesus Christ as my Savior and as the Son of God who rose from the dead and is alive forever more to help me.

So yes, I don't get upset easily about stuff in life, but someone else may interpret that as "he is always merrily going on about his way, ignoring what was said".

Lastly, I am on this site because I like to be on a Christian forum discussing the Bible, but again, I don't take it that seriously either which again may result in me "going merrily on my way about something that was said".

Some of my Bible views differ from some members here, but as MentorsRiddle pointed out, "no one has the penultimate answers to God and the Bible".

For instance, Caretaker brought up my defense of the Jehovah Witnesses. I personally believe they are Christians and that they are saved because they believe that Jesus is the Son of God and that He rose from the dead (Romans 10:9-10). (I don't want to get into another discussion about that, though.)

I'm also a strong believer in a post-trib rapture and I don't think my Loving God would cause human beings to suffer for billions of years in an agonizing torment as a result of having been born on earth for only 80 years or so.

There are many other Christians in the church who hold similar Biblical views as I do, with their own variations. Not all things in the Bible are easy to understand and Christians hold different views about what the Bible means by what it says in there.

Again, as I said, I'm an ultra-tolerant person and will tend to go "merrily on my way to the next thing", even on this board. So if there is a specific thing that you would like me to apologize for, tell me what it is, and I'll tell you whether I think it's something that I should apologize for or not.

Lastly, I want to thank MentorsRiddle for his kind and compassionate remarks.

Thanks for listening. love, Eden

MentorsRiddle
Advanced Member
Member # 2108

I suppose the reason I am so tolerant is this reason:

There was a time when I hated “bible-thumpers” and the like.

I just didn’t truly understand their love for God – nor why they felt the way they did.

Most people just yelled at me, chastised me, belittled me and acted like I was not worthy of God.

It took someone who was patient, kind, compassionate (did I mention patient, lol) to make me realize how much God loves me, and how my ways were so wrong.

I guess I want to do that too – be patient, kind and compassionate.

Before then, my defenses were so high that no one could reach me using standard tactics.

Someone built a relationship with me, a friendship and made it so I trusted that person.

This allowed that person to talk to me and minister to me without me being defensive.

This also opened my eyes, my heart and mind to the Lord.

I mess up every single day, get mad, emotional and a whole host of other things that I shouldn’t do.

But, when it comes to God I will always be driven to be patient…

God was kind and patient with me and that’s the least I could do for someone else.

I truly don’t know Eden’s heart… Maybe he is going through mental, emotional or other troubling times prompting him to do things, say things, etc.

But God knows his heart. And I want Eden to know that I will never chastise him or hurt him for his beliefs – even though I may not always agree with them.

I will let Eden know if I disagree, and very quickly, if something is not biblical.

But, I also want Eden and ANYONE here to know I will always be a friend.

And if Eden’s heart is in the wrong place, and when God feels the time is right, I want Eden to trust me enough to allow God to use me as a tool to minister to him.

And I said “IF” his heart is in the wrong place.

Only God knows his heart…

I want God to use me to his fullest.

--------------------
With you I rise,
In you I sleep,
I once was lost
but now I'm found.

Betty Louise
Advanced Member
Member # 7175

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Betty Louise     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Not knowing Eden personally, I can only guess why he will or cannot apologize, but I do know someone who is like him. This man is so filled with pride that he cannot apologize. It is so sad to see a Christian held hostage by pride.
betty

--------------------
Luk 21:28 And when these things begin to come to pass, then look up, and lift up your heads; for your redemption draweth nigh.

Posts: 5051 | From: Houston, Texas | Registered: May 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Caretaker
Advanced Member
Member # 36

quote:
I loved your post, Caretaker.

I mainly put my post that I did because I want us all to stop fighting and be brothers and sisters like God wants for us.

I know there will always be trouble, storms and temptations -- not to mention people who say things you disagree with...

I guess I just feel there has to be a better way to resolve differences sometimes.

God bless your heart for Christ Bro!!

I don't know, Eden/BA/TW could have resolved the problem a long time ago, but he has never apologized nor has he ever repented, clear back in 2002 when he was a staunch defender of his Jehovah's Witness "brethren" and their theology.

Never has he apologized, never has he repented. He just ignores and merrily goes on to other topics.

--------------------
A Servant of Christ,
Drew

1 Tim. 3:

MentorsRiddle
Advanced Member
Member # 2108

I loved your post, Caretaker.

I mainly put my post that I did because I want us all to stop fighting and be brothers and sisters like God wants for us.

I know there will always be trouble, storms and temptations -- not to mention people who say things you disagree with...

I guess I just feel there has to be a better way to resolve differences sometimes.

--------------------
With you I rise,
In you I sleep,
I once was lost
but now I'm found.

This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2 

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Christian Message Board | Privacy Statement